720s FTW!! (T-Hawk thread)

Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo!Joined: Posts: 572
I dont have this game yet but I would like to know how my boy T-Hawk is doing. Is it easier to link his crouching attacks into his super or harder?
It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I played T hawk for a couple of hours and hes ok so far, his jab jab cyclone is much easier to land as well as tick into super. cross up j.fierce s.forward fierce DP does a lot of damage and stuns often

i swear i did that combo at the start of the round then cross up j.fierce s.forward cyclone for about 90 percent life lol and his normals are better than before....kinda like o hawk
  • MrArcadePerfectMrArcadePerfect Leo Player! Joined: Posts: 480
    well he is by far one of the bect characters in the game
    Soul Calibur IV - Zasalamel
    Tekken 6 - Leo, King, Law, Lee, Kazuya, Murduk & Migual

STREET FIGHTER 2 will never be the same :(. blame HD SHITMIX
  • humbaghumbag Team IFD Joined: Posts: 7,403
    Every character is a monster now lol.

Hawk has definately been improved 10 fold.
  • MattgaMattga Joined: Posts: 3
    From playing him in Remix so far, I've noticed a couple of things. First off, when doing the dive, if they block (or connect, for that matter) you don't fly all the way back now, you land relatively close to them, so it's easier to close distance. His srk still has decent invincibility to go through fireballs, but I'm not sure it's quite as good as O. Hawk's. One other thing to note is that he actually has an animation for whiffing his cyclone now, so it's a little easier to punish if you miss a reversal cyclone or something, but at the same time it feels like he has longer reach and the active part of the move lasts longer. I think that you can still do the 720 and not waste it if you miss, but I'm not 100% on that yet.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Not having a joystick until next week is killing me. Hawk is definitely loads better. Hawk dive improvement plus the normals is so good.

HK throw, walk under, close s.mk, 720 is soooo strong D:
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hawk's jump up jab cleanly stuffs Guile's RH Somersault Kick at near max range. You can jump up and down inside its range(but outside of the range of the other versions) with jab and it will always win.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
    I am extremely saddened by the loss of O.Hawk far standing short. :(

Anyone else find it weird using the diving hawk to hit over fireballs, only to fall down on the fireball afterwards? Gonna have to get used to that.
  • skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    I still land on fireballs sometimes, just gotta anticipate em' a little differently... like, you still can't react to them, but you can't anticipate them too preemptively. It's weird.

Still, O Hawk was my secondary character in ST and I'm lovin' him in STHD. There's something to be said about not feeling like you have to get in and 360 someone to death or you're screwed. I even use his Elbow Smash grab mixup more often, now.
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • rush downrush down AKA AAKurtz Joined: Posts: 1,019
    I'm liking Hawk, but I don't see this super Hawk everyone is talking about. In fact, I don't think I've seen one person play Hawk against me.
    SSF4: Gen, Hawk, Gouken
    3s: Ibuki, Q, Elena
    BLazBLue: Litchi
    MvC2: Rogue, Sent, Blackheart
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hawk can juggle with his dp's
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • Ryu1999Ryu1999 Keyboard Warrior Joined: Posts: 838
    Hawk is so ridiculous now, if only because the SPD is so easy to do, although I think i've only played maybe 1 other T. Hawk online. The only matchup that's a bit harder now is against Zangief. Hawk dive used to own Gief up, as long as you angled it to hit him on top of the head. Now, because the move doesn't knock down, if you hit with the dive at certain angles Gief can reversal SPD you for free.

He's practically the only character I use in casual matches, but he might make it into the ranked matches rotation soon :P
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:25 PM): dammit i need toilet paper, we're all out
    Me (10:27:36 PM): backed up to all get out?
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:40 PM): so i'll shit then shower
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:46 PM): then shave
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:48 PM): brb in a bit
  • Pilgrim_PudPilgrim_Pud Ultimo Gringo #HEEL Joined: Posts: 1,513
    I found so far that Hawk has gone for all or nothing to all or to-near-all. He is NASTY.
    Fat.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can actually do his super on the ground now. :rofl: He seems really, really powerful.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • Sanjuro_The_RoninSanjuro_The_Ronin ST 4 life yo! Joined: Posts: 572
    I can actually do his super on the ground now. :rofl: He seems really, really powerful.

Cool, so for people like myself that can do cr.short XX super in vanilla ST it will make it that much easier. Awesome.
    It's kind of late in history to be coming up with real good ideas, luckily I have plenty of really bad fucking ideas.
  • RaakamRaakam Ryu apprentice Joined: Posts: 273
    After playing and getting my ass beat ad nauseum by Sagat last night, the only really good matchup I found to beating his ass into a pulp was picking T Hawk. The threat of the dive suddenly shuts Sagat's spam down, or at the very least, renders it a genuine risk for them. It leads to easy combos. T Hawk's cr.jab, s.jab and even jump jab beat a ton of Sagat's moves.
  • zerojayzerojay Punching Bag? Joined: Posts: 486
    His super also seems to grab from much further away than you would expect. Got a few people from almost half screen last night!
  • MoxManiacMoxManiac Haggar!!! Joined: Posts: 343
    It's probably nothing new, but Hawk's j.MK hits honda headbutts cleanly if you're high enough (well, maybe not the jab headbutt). Makes jumping towards him from a distance a little safer.
    SSF4: Haggar | HDR: Haggar | 3s: Haggar | Tekken 6: Haggar | Smash Bros: Haggar
  • gridmangridman Drill Joined: Posts: 3,221
    People saying hawk is incredible because of walk up 360 or easy 360s are silly. any player committed to hawk could have done that in old st and NEEDED to learn it to fight some characters. hawk is still gonna be bottom. it sucks but whatever. hes my main and i love him but no chance he is gonna all of a sudden shoot up in ranks cause of walk up 360. the BIGGEST thing helping him is safe hawk dive. fucking getting punished by sim everytime cause i mistimed it just a tit was gay.

hawk will be MID at best.
  • rush downrush down AKA AAKurtz Joined: Posts: 1,019
    How do you juggle DPs?
    SSF4: Gen, Hawk, Gouken
    3s: Ibuki, Q, Elena
    BLazBLue: Litchi
    MvC2: Rogue, Sent, Blackheart
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hawk is so ridiculous now, if only because the SPD is so easy to do, although I think i've only played maybe 1 other T. Hawk online. The only matchup that's a bit harder now is against Zangief. Hawk dive used to own Gief up, as long as you angled it to hit him on top of the head. Now, because the move doesn't knock down, if you hit with the dive at certain angles Gief can reversal SPD you for free.

He's practically the only character I use in casual matches, but he might make it into the ranked matches rotation soon :P

Uh no. S.rh from Gief cleanly beat T. Hawks dive and jump ins in Vanilla ST.
  • B.L. PanchoB.L. Pancho Resilient Defeatist. Joined: Posts: 877
    People saying hawk is incredible because of walk up 360 or easy 360s are silly. any player committed to hawk could have done that in old st and NEEDED to learn it to fight some characters. hawk is still gonna be bottom. it sucks but whatever. hes my main and i love him but no chance he is gonna all of a sudden shoot up in ranks cause of walk up 360. the BIGGEST thing helping him is safe hawk dive. fucking getting punished by sim everytime cause i mistimed it just a tit was gay.

hawk will be MID at best.

I dunno man, 0.Hawk in ST was mid, and he still didn't have a safe Hawk Dive, Super, or reliable walk up Typhoon. R. Hawk has the tools he needs to win, although he still does get ransacked by some characters.

I have some questions about DeeJay and Dictator, although I knew it seems SRK is pressed for Hawk users.

Against Dictator: Rapid Jabbing is great for stopping scizzors kick when your in ranges where that move is a threat, however it doesn't consistantly stop fierce or strong Psycho Crushers. Im sure this is old news to some ST players, but I went into training over a friends and set jabbing to turbo and it will randomly get beaten out by strong and fierce PS's...strongs actually beat it even more often! If there is any way to consistently option out both moves or at least a better way Id like to hear it.

Dee Jay is a really hard match in general, patience on the ground doesn't pay off as much because of how awesome Dee Jay's normals are (convincing the Dee Jay player to stay still for a walk up Typhoon is a hard sell), and up kicks own the living shit out of Hawk Dive. Anyone have their own opinions on this matchup?
    "Hope, the quintessential human delusion that is simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness" - The Architect, The Matrix Reloaded

Youtube: TruePancho
    Twitter: BrandonPancho
    I dunno man, 0.Hawk in ST was mid, and he still didn't have a safe Hawk Dive, Super, or reliable walk up Typhoon. R. Hawk has the tools he needs to win, although he still does get ransacked by some characters.

a lot of people dont know this but hawk dive was safe vs virtually everything except sim and rog off the top of my head. anyone can punish a really high one but thats why you dont do really high ones. o hawk is much better than regular hawk. by the time you have super, you dont need it and all his better normals make up for it. reliable walk up 360? japs do it ALL the time.

I have some questions about DeeJay and Dictator, although I knew it seems SRK is pressed for Hawk users.

Against Dictator: Rapid Jabbing is great for stopping scizzors kick when your in ranges where that move is a threat, however it doesn't consistantly stop fierce or strong Psycho Crushers. Im sure this is old news to some ST players, but I went into training over a friends and set jabbing to turbo and it will randomly get beaten out by strong and fierce PS's...strongs actually beat it even more often! If there is any way to consistently option out both moves or at least a better way Id like to hear it.
    dont stop scissor kicks. free 360 unless their spacing is PERFECT which 99.9% of the time it isnt. this = win. one 360 vs bison and match is over. walk up jab 360 x N. dont bother stopping pyscho crusher. not even worth it. sometimes you can 360 after but since they changed shit, it gets harder. in vanilla st you could do it more reliably. either way, block and hit st.hk. sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesnt. if he jumps, it knocks him back.

Dee Jay is a really hard match in general, patience on the ground doesn't pay off as much because of how awesome Dee Jay's normals are (convincing the Dee Jay player to stay still for a walk up Typhoon is a hard sell), and up kicks own the living shit out of Hawk Dive. Anyone have their own opinions on this matchup?

dont underestimate hawks normals. st.mk is really good. same with st.hk and cr.hk. in fact, all of hawks normals except jump strong have a use and are solid. you can trade hits with cr.hk on a lot of things and if all else fails walk up psychic dp is amazing. i promise. biggest thing of all LEARN. TO. SAFE JUMP. with this, bait upkicks, wait to land, and 360.
    p scissor kicks. free 360 unless their spacing is PERFECT which 99.9% of the time it isnt. this = win. one 360 vs bison and match is over. walk up jab 360 x N. dont bother stopping pyscho crusher. not even worth it. sometimes you can 360 after but since they changed shit, it gets harder. in vanilla st you could do it more reliably. either way, block and hit st.hk. sometimes it hits, sometimes it doesnt. if he jumps, it knocks him back.

Great,so I have to react to one move with a 6 input throw before he throws me and only randomly get reward for blocking the other move. Sigh, I hate ST sometimes.

dont underestimate hawks normals. st.mk is really good. same with st.hk and cr.hk. in fact, all of hawks normals except jump strong have a use and are solid. you can trade hits with cr.hk on a lot of things and if all else fails walk up psychic dp is amazing. i promise. biggest thing of all LEARN. TO. SAFE JUMP. with this, bait upkicks, wait to land, and 360.

That brings me to another thing. I have safe jumped and otherwise baited upkicks many times only to find that the Dee Jay did a single upkick, got behind me and did some random ass shenanigan which he totally didn't deserve, I can see some Dee Jay's not even intending this because they probably piano reversaled and their panicky ass happened to get a single, and well it seems really hard to punish that with a Typhoon especially when you factor in that they will occassionally reversal with 2 hit and 3 hit upkicks. I dunno things like that make ST in general seem somewhat random.
    "Hope, the quintessential human delusion that is simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness" - The Architect, The Matrix Reloaded

• RikidozanRikidozan IRL Muscle Bomber Joined: Posts: 313
    I really enjoy R.Hawk however losing the ability to do SUPER by ending in d/b is irritating. I'm used to do start d/b ~ 720 ~ end in d/b + release strong and fierce.

YOU GOTTA LOVE O.HAWK'S CR. JAB!!!!!! It's so freaking awesome compared to N.Hawk's.

Remix Hawk:
    Has same hitbox as N.Hawk.
    All normals are from O.Hawk.

Unpractical combos
    - Crouching Chun Li
    Cross-up j.roundhouse, st.short (opposite way), st.forward xx Fierce Rising Hawk.
    Cross-up j.roundhouse, st.forward (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk

- Crouching Blanka
    Cross-up j.fierce, cr.fierce (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk
    Cross-up j.fierce, st.fierce (opposite way) (2nd hit), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk
    Cross-up j.fierce, st.forward (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk
    Cross-up j.strong, st.short (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk
    Cross-up j.strong, st.short (opposite way), st.forward xx Fierce Rising Hawk

- Crouching E.Honda
    Cross-up j.fierce, st.forward (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk
    Cross-up j.strong, st.short (opposite way), cr.jab, cr.jab, st.jab xx Jab Rising Hawk

@Gridman
    Yeah I feel you. I've been down with Hawk since forever. However R.Hawk got better versus characters he was decent against, but worse against his nemesis'.
    Honda, Guile, Cammy and Blanka is laughing at me when they reverse my Typhoon attempts. If only he could do his SUPER from crouching position ;\~

Regarding R.Hawk's and O.Hawk's Cr. Strong

I don't get the part when people say Hawk's cr. strong has been fixed. O.Hawk's cr. strong _never_ had a stray hitbox, thanks to the "Display Hitbox" feature there's now even more proof. R.Hawk inherited O.Hawk's moves, so his cr. strong obviously doesn't have a stray hitbox.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How do you juggle DPs?

i did it off of a high hitting fierce AA dp.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    Uh no. S.rh from Gief cleanly beat T. Hawks dive and jump ins in Vanilla ST.

If you basically hit right on top of the head like a Bison stomp, st. rh would not cover that area.
  • OlanOlan get me an apple, bitch Joined: Posts: 278
    what are some strats against cammy? she corners me with her strings and when i try to reversal 360 i get cannon spiked
    Great,so I have to react to one move with a 6 input throw before he throws me and only randomly get reward for blocking the other move. Sigh, I hate ST sometimes.

uhh, its a lot easier than you think.. buffer the throw the second you start blocking. im telling you, its easy. and even if you dont reversal it, im pretty sure you can still 360 him before he throws you. pc, deal with it. you can jump back jab since that has the best hit box on anymove ive ever seen haha. blocking a pc or two isnt bad considering one knockdown/360 is gg.

That brings me to another thing. I have safe jumped and otherwise baited upkicks many times only to find that the Dee Jay did a single upkick, got behind me and did some random ass shenanigan which he totally didn't deserve, I can see some Dee Jay's not even intending this because they probably piano reversaled and their panicky ass happened to get a single, and well it seems really hard to punish that with a Typhoon especially when you factor in that they will occassionally reversal with 2 hit and 3 hit upkicks. I dunno things like that make ST in general seem somewhat random.

[/quote]

if that happens (or against any charge character like guile or chun) i like to bait it, hit them with f/b. jab ( that normal thats AWESOME ) which makes them bounce back and then jump jab immediately after cr.jab x 360. they wont have a charge again 99% of the time making it impossible for them to get out.
    Remix Hawk:
    All normals are from O.Hawk.

...:(

Nos99 wrote:
    I am extremely saddened by the loss of O.Hawk far standing short. :(
  • deadontime101deadontime101 THIS GAME IS OVER!!! Joined: Posts: 525
    what are some strats against cammy? she corners me with her strings and when i try to reversal 360 i get cannon spiked

I also have questions about this fight. The only thing I can figure out so far is that she doesn't have a safe up close cannon drill on Hawk b/c you can 360 her if she ever does it to you. My big problem is cannon spike...how do you punish that move on block. She flies pretty far from you after you block it and I haven't tested a way to do anything about it yet.
    "DOOM rules everything around me, D.R.E.A.M! Get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.''
  • LogosLogos Mountain Beast Joined: Posts: 754
    Still being able to negative edge the super and not get a whiff = extreme hotness. :bgrin:
  • OlanOlan get me an apple, bitch Joined: Posts: 278
    We should start figuring out what normals beat important specials or normals that other chars have. I've been fucking around a little bit but i'll start trying to keep track.
    ...:(

Just checked it out dude, R.Hawk and O.Hawk do have the same far st.short. I don't really get if you're kidding, since I don't remember anything magical about O.Hawk's far st.short in the first place. Solid poke but nothing noteworthy, misses crouching Blanka.

Regarding SUPER

I'm accustomed to d/b cr.jab then b, u/b, u, u/f, f, d/f, d, d/b, jab press and hold fierce~strong, b, u/b, u, u/f, f, d/f, d, d/b + release fierce~strong. 2 x cr. jab into SUPER with R.Hawk would've been awesome, especially since his jab is INSANE.

Opponent down in corner, walk-up and cr.jab.cr.jab safe SUPER attempt, pure hotness..... gone.
    We should start figuring out what normals beat important specials or normals that other chars have. I've been fucking around a little bit but i'll start trying to keep track.

jump jab or crouch jab beats like everything. no joke. vega ever jumps or wall dives at you, jump back jab. it doesnt beat d, u+p wall dive though cause that thing has a retarded hit box.

down strong / rh beats dash punches.

cr. rh trades with guiles cr.mk/cr.hk.
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    c.lp stuffs like... all of Boxer's rush punches O_O
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • Jay WangJay Wang FrameDatas! Joined: Posts: 665
    in for this thread.

i never played thawk in vanilla ST but he is a lot of fun in HDR.

normals i like:

st strong (far): this thing beats out bison scissor kicks and cammy cannon drills. i also like to randomly do it against shotos when i am in just outside sweep range to stuff any fireball attempts

cr mk: i like this as i feel it is a really fast poke for the range it can cover

jump straight up hk or hp: horizontal range and damage on these "pokes" are insane too. super long hit box ... can be used as a AA as well.

and of course, jump jab. lols. too good!
    - JayWang

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    From what I've tested, it's possible to do the super as a HCB, HCB, then back motion w/ a button release.

You won't be blocking low, but since when do reversal attacks hit low?
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SwmmrManShenSwmmrManShen The Left Ventricle Joined: Posts: 573
    what does thawk have in terms of anti airs other than DP?
    what does thawk have in terms of anti airs other than DP?

close strong, jump back jab, situational b.jab, preemptive st.rh, jump straight up rh.

jump back jab and dp are all you ever need. promise.
    Just checked it out dude, R.Hawk and O.Hawk do have the same far st.short. I don't really get if you're kidding, since I don't remember anything magical about O.Hawk's far st.short in the first place. Solid poke but nothing noteworthy, misses crouching Blanka..

I thought you could cancel it in ST? (maybe it's just AE?)

..and I am kidding a little by being overly dramatic.

Hawk is nutoriously weak to cannon spike on block, so there's not a lot he can do about it if he blocks it. One solution I like is to not stand right at the max range of cannon spike and jump back > Hawk Dive in anticipation (sometimes you can see they did it and get a free one on reaction). It worked like a charm for me. Once they start getting wise you can jump up or back and do nothing. Cannon Drills = free 360 as someone stated so it's not to much of a factor. Normal to normal Im not sure what beats what though so you will probably have to ask someone else.

gridman: Thx for the advice man. By the time I read your post I had already owned Scizzors kicks with 360s, not hard at all. It was really about an erroneous perception I had about how the move (Scizzors Kick) worked.

Here's 3 things to learn and remember to easily get round Hawk's super command bugs:

1) Always do this command for super: 2 half circle downwards from forward to back then forward + P. (That's 2 different commands to learn.)
    2) When ticking into super from a jump-in, always start from holding back position, even if you're not safe jumping - it'll get you into the right habit for safe jump-ins into super.
    3) Always do crouching ticks into super from holding down-back position.

The best bet would be ending the SUPER by holding b + release punch buttons of choice, since his SUPER luckily still doesn't have a whiff animation.
    J.jab hold strong and fierce -> hcf,hcf, b + fierce~strong

I'm having trouble doing j.jab, st.jab hold strong fierce, hcf, hcf, b + release fierce~strong. Gotta practice I guess.
  • inthestointhesto Guilty what? Joined: Posts: 151
    How useful is the crossup splash, s.mk, fierce DP?

That shit does as much damage as super on crouchers and has a good chance for full stun. Follow it up with a 360 and that's 95% right there.

Dunno how easy it is to land in a real match, though.
    How useful is the crossup splash, s.mk, fierce DP?

That shit does as much damage as super on crouchers and has a good chance for full stun. Follow it up with a 360 and that's 95% right there.

Dunno how easy it is to land in a real match, though.

substitute the cr. lk for s. mk and a dizzy is practically guaranteed. Probably even a better chance in HDR since the fierce dp's 2nd hit would often whiff against certain chars in vanilla ST.
    ^ Try substituting the s.mk for standing short.

Standing short almost does as much damage as standing medium kick. It also helps you get the two hits of the DP.

Dizzies a lot. Good setup is roundhouse elbow bash throw, then hold up-towards to get the jump-in.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'm having an issue with Typhoon whiffs. It seems that on certain characters (I noticed Blanka and Ken tonight) even though I'm in range after xup d fierce -> d jab x 2 the Typhoon will whiff. I know I'm in range because my hand in the whiff animation is almost above their head (they are ducking of course).

Is this just a limitation to Hawk's Typhoon or am I doing something wrong here?
  • MariodoodMariodood You Cant Escape..O_o Joined: Posts: 1,458
    I'm having an issue with Typhoon whiffs. It seems that on certain characters (I noticed Blanka and Ken tonight) even though I'm in range after xup d fierce -> d jab x 2 the Typhoon will whiff. I know I'm in range because my hand in the whiff animation is almost above their head (they are ducking of course).

This happens to me too. I think we may be doing it while the opponent is still in hitstun.
    I find it harder to do his typhoon after ticks consistently, since I use multiple buttons when I negative edge. Sometimes I end up like you guys, doing a whiff animation point blank. Also I've got a hard time toning down my typhoon attempts, since I attempt it whenever I whiff something in ST, like jab rising hawk whiffs then fierce~strong, 360, end in d/b + release fierce~strong. Now I just end up getting slapped in the face ;___;
  • BronzefistBronzefist Spews random garbage Joined: Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Omg I'm having this EXACT same issue, even though I'm within range. The characters will simply duck and my typhoon will whiff over them. It happens to me frequently after crossing up with d+fierce and doing the typhoon afterwards.

Anyone have any tips on fighting Honda and Blanka? They are my hardest matches so far. I'm an ST noob, so I dunno their relative weaknesses. Honda's headbutt is killing me and he seems to build super meter VERY quickly (faster than any other character I fight) and I end up worrying about eating his super. The jab headbutt is stuffing my air attacks. HHS is doing crazy chip damage. Ughhh I hate this match. Blanka is not as difficult for me, but it's still a tough match. Turtling Blankas in particular give me the most trouble.

Also, how do you guys execute his typhoon after blocking attacks (standing and crouching)?
    THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FIGHT TO THE DEATH...
    MvC3: She Hulk, Thor, Hulk, Haggar lariat assist, Arthur dagger assist
    SSF4: Gen, Makoto, Adon...all at scrub level :sad:
    Also, how do you guys execute his typhoon after blocking attacks (standing and crouching)?

I always press and hold fierce~strong and rotate from d/b, b, u/b, u, u/f, f, d/f, d, d/b + release fierce~strong an old habit from ST. However you can press fierce~strong hcf, b + release fierce~strong or the opposite with hcb, f + release fierce~strong.