HD Remix Match Play Videos Thread

KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.comJoined: Posts: 8,765 mod
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rockeits

Uploading 67 day-1 matches between myself, Sabre, LeRaldo, AngryLobster, and TooTall. Enjoy!
Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.

Comments

• KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    sweet. it was nice playing you this morning, although later on in the day, your room was always full when i tried entering. :(

nice rep'ing cammy. :D
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    Thanks! You too. I wish Id have hooked up the direct capture setup earlier in the day, but at the same time, it wasnt until later that people were really getting the hang of things.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,739
    We need to play some time Keits. Good lookin out for us.

If only I had the hookups to do this with my 360, I'd put up some beastly Cammy vids.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it
  • embersredembersred Gief's got the beef Joined: Posts: 13
    Nice upload man. But I didnt see any Gief love.
    Gief is gonna getcha.
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how did you capture the matches ?
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702
    Nice, thanks for capturing those Keits. We need to play some more some time
    GGPO: Angrylobster
    Wow, leraldo was whupping you guys with akuma.

He was landing demons off EVERYTHING.
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Aaah good shit man! :lovin:
  • spudlyff8fanspudlyff8fan is love. Joined: Posts: 7,082
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Rockeits

Uploading 67 day-1 matches between myself, Sabre, LeRaldo, AngryLobster, and TooTall. Enjoy!

::phew::

You didn't record the match when I fought you...good...
    how did you capture the matches ?

I use a USB 2.0 Video Capture Device, and a Y splitter for the Video RCA input from the game hardware. You lose some brightness doing this on your TV, but its important that you have the game going on your TV and capturing on your PC at the same time. It will lag disturbingly much on the PC, so you cannot play off of this.

I do not feed game audio into the capture device the same way. I simply put the laptop being used for this close-ish to the TV and tell the capture software I use (CyberLinK Power Director) to capture audio from the Laptop's built in mic. I then turn up the TV. This way, you get the game noises AND the background elements, such as speech and buttons. People seem to enjoy this. I certainly do.

After you are set up, its just a matter of remembering to hit STOP -> RECORD between each match. You'll see a few near the end where I was getting lazy and putting two matches in one file (there is nothing wrong with this, as long as your file doesnt go over 10 minutes, as youtube wont take it).

To everyone else: Nice playing you all, thank you, and you are welcome. :lovin:
    Update: 75 Turkey-day matches are now uploading, featuring myself, Sabre, WildKitty, MrWizard, Kai, BlazingEmperor, Xirtam, and UNV Rasta.

Enjoy!
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Nice Nice.

BONES EDIT: This needs to be a sticky thread.
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
  • VangardBVangardB Joined: Posts: 367
    Thanks for the matches! Been waiting to see some for a minute. I think i'm gonna go out and get a router for my 360 so I can get on soon!
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    70 matches from this afternoon at my house (11-27-08):
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CBAEDFC6AD64DDF0

EDIT: This thread needs a sticky.
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice Keits, I should get off my lazy ass and do the same thing. My USB Capture card has just been gathering dust since I gave up Brawl.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Here is the playlist link for the Turkey Day matches: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=67A5CF11EE9F63AF
  • DropKick MurphyDropKick Murphy Wtf is SLEEP?! Joined: Posts: 483
    you dont know me, youre not my family! some nice cammy action you got there
    take off your Ignorance Shirt and lay on the Beach of Knowledge, because you're about to soak up some Fact Rays from the Truth Sun
  • Sakura.DensetsuSakura.Densetsu This is delicious! Joined: Posts: 1,283
    I watched all your matches Keits. Awesome stuff. Actually found them on youtube before you posted this. They are the best match vids of HDR on tube so far. The background chatter makes them superb. The Turkey-day matches lack much of the chatter sadly, but the different people playing from the first day brought in some characters we didnt see the first day.

Props for the cammy play. Always Cannon spike at the start of every round because only a scrub doesnt jump at you right way :p

If anything these vids prove Cammy is no longer bottom tier.

My only complaint is I didnt see people really making use of the new moves and such. Didnt see any fake slides with Bison really or fake Hadoukens, and the guy using Gief seemed to not know the new motion for the Green Glove. He looked like in his first fight he tried the old motion alot then just gave up. I love the "Jab headbutt eats fireballs", and the guy still tried to just jump them all the time. Obvious learning curve for the new stuff it seems.
    I dare not say i am your superior
    for that would admit to your substance
    it would give you a place and a value
    Props for the cammy play. Always Cannon spike at the start of every round because only a scrub doesnt jump at you right way :p

This has become a running gag between myself and those i've been playing with. Always roundhouse cannon spike at the start of a round and complain when it doesnt hit. Im not actually that scrubby :)
    I kind of figured. First few times I saw it I fell for it and thought you sucked ass though. But after a few vids I realized it was a gag. Though watching you eat Demon Storms made your skillz a hard sell :p
    Yeah, im honestly not adjusting to how fast demon is very well so far. The blocked air fireball demon setup also seems unjumpable sometimes and you see a lot of us getting hit by it that way. Its a damn scary super now, to be sure.

Im so used to just jabbing him out of demon in other games, that instead of jumping on reaction to it, i jab nd get killed. :) someday ill learn.
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod

My only complaint is I didnt see people really making use of the new moves and such. Didnt see any fake slides with Bison really or fake Hadoukens, and the guy using Gief seemed to not know the new motion for the Green Glove. He looked like in his first fight he tried the old motion alot then just gave up. I love the "Jab headbutt eats fireballs", and the guy still tried to just jump them all the time. Obvious learning curve for the new stuff it seems.

i whored fake fb in all my matches. get some glasses =)
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
    My only complaint is I didnt see people really making use of the new moves and such. Didnt see any fake slides with Bison

Did you watch my matches by any chance?
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Yeah, Akuma does not generally have Shun Goku Satsu in a game where it has invincibility frames. Even with shorter range and other nerfs it comes out ahead in many ways. Yet Akuma still seems balanced. Kudas for balancing him and making him a serious threat at the same time. The change to how the air fireball bounces him up a bit likely makes that trick a little harder in practice than it looks. Likewise, I imagine itd be easier to get away if you just took the fireball...and it doesnt do alot of damage.

I didnt see alot of fake fireballs, but I did see some of those at least.

On day two I saw some deejay fireball stuffing with MGU. I may have seen some fake Bison slides but nothing was done with them that I noticed (think I saw fake - throw once) Would have loved to see some Claw and Hawk fake dives put into practice mainly. Surprised that in all the Chun matches it was uplicks tagged onto her super and not Spinning Bird Kick.
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495 mod
    sbk juggle is for the corner.
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
  • ToshinToshin Joined: Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Keits umm are your playlists backwards or something..tis going xx to 1 instead of 1-xx.....heck?
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> capcom's new policy is no criticizing anything
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    Keits umm are your playlists backwards or something..tis going xx to 1 instead of 1-xx.....heck?

Yes they are, and fixing them is tedious. Ill probably not do it.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,739
    One of my friends and I played a bunch of matches tonight, then he set up to record to his computer for the latter half. As soon as he gets the videos up, I'll provide a link.

Trying to get him to join here, he's gotten really into the series now, and has some serious potential with Shotos. He raped me badly in 2005 on the 3DO, now we're standing about equal when we play for serious (a lot of our matches were us just jerking around with random characters).

Feel free to critique.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

Me (Cammy) vs. Friend (Ken)
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • Warrior's DreamsWarrior's Dreams 梅原 > Wong Joined: Posts: 1,292

How the heck does Graham Wolfe lose to some random player?
    You shouldn't care about the division between ST and HDR, but rather the message you are sending to tournament organizers if you stop supporting the classic style of Street Fighter II.

Mike Watson's Super Turbo Revival Sunday's Stream every Sunday! Look up "IEBattleGrounds" on twitch tv's website.
    Here is the latest stream:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ioio Joined: Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ It's super turbo. You have to admit this game can be pretty random at times.
    (you're == you are) != your
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 683
    I liked Sirlin and Wolfe's faces after that Vega Guile match.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    ^ It's super turbo. You have to admit this game can be pretty random at times.
    ..and nothing was random in that match

stop being so biased.
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    We played until our eyes went dead on 11-28-08:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=28D3CAA9E7C8F1D7

Paul is the fucking shit.

"and now tournament champion graham wolfe vs Paul"

Paul for evo 2k9, bet on it
  • AzN_SkaterAzN_Skater I <3 Selena Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I had a little ps3 pad tourney on friday. Check out my youtube (in sig). Only a few matches up, still in the process of cutting up the vid file for youtube.

Critique welcome.
    "Take another deep breath, try to hit your reset, you know that I can relate." -- Selena Gomez
    I mained Urien in 2000 BC.
  • CicadaCicada NO, YOU CANNOT. Joined: Posts: 1,400
    :heh:
    Inland Empire/SoCal SF4 Training: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=7446178
    500px.com/bgateb
    12 more files, with multiple matches per video this time, uploading to my youtube. even more to come later tonight hopefully.
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=AA24DC2802088331

New playlist with all matches from 12-2-08, many matches per file this time.
  • Josh-TheFunkDOCJosh-TheFunkDOC Double Dutch! Joined: Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GGs everyone!

This was my first time ever playing Sagat, didn't even use him in ST. =P

After this, I played ranked matches for awhile longer and got the hang of things a bit more. Was focusing too much on the tiger shots at first, seems like that's not his main game anymore.

Also, I really need to get a headset. My modded stick won't have a headset port so I take it I would have to go for a wireless one?
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-speedrunning - My live stream, mainly speedruns w/ some other stuff now and then
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I've started recording matches of HD just recently. Nothing high quality yet but thats because I don't really know any of the top tier players around. If any of the talent here wants some shit up on youtube add me up on XBL, GT is Johoseph. It'd be fun just to watch some high level play in this, was never into the ST type scene until now.

Someone even mentioned setting up a live stream, which I would love to do if the comp is good enough and consistent. All up to the viewers on that really though.

Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Johoseph

See you on XBL :woot:
  • skankin garbageskankin garbage ARE YOU OKAY!? Joined: Posts: 961
    GGs everyone!

This was my first time ever playing Sagat, didn't even use him in ST. =P

After this, I played ranked matches for awhile longer and got the hang of things a bit more. Was focusing too much on the tiger shots at first, seems like that's not his main game anymore.

Also, I really need to get a headset. My modded stick won't have a headset port so I take it I would have to go for a wireless one?

Damn, very nice for a first time playing Sagat. Your Balrog was intense, too. Good games to you!
    http://jamieobeso.blogspot.com/ - My own personal insights about games; totally inspired by David Sirlin and James Chen.

"Jesus would be MAD if he had to fight Ivan Ooze."
    "*I'd* be mad if Jesus had to fight Ivan Ooze.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

Me (Cammy) vs. Friend (Ken)

Cammy needs to work on AA, so many j.rh's from the ken that were left unchecked (its pretty much all he did along with c.rh) and allowed him to keep constant pressure. Also Cannon Drills were rarely used outside of c.mk xx cannon drill link, even then they wern't hit confirmed drills, but were basically spammed every time c.mk was used. Cannon Drills can be used to punish alot of the stuff Ken was whiffing like the c.rh used body lengths away. Your close range footsie game consisted of nothing but c.lk and c.mk...The Ken would wait it out constantly, mix it up with some overheads or throws.

Ken was terrible, No spacing or zoning at all, just constant jumpin-rh and c.rh along with the occasional fireball (if you have full screen distance away, start spamming them and force the Cammy to work around them and into favorable positions for Shoryu, etc), no use of jumpin.mk at all, so many c.rh's that whiffed over cammy's head could have connected with jumpin.mk. On a Dizzy a followup with j.rh into yet another c.rh...

Harsh critique, but seriously that was one of the scrubbiest matches I have ever watched, I would hate to see what the average vids you guys play look like. Seeing as it was the only one posted up on Youtube I guess its one of the better ones?
  • MurderbydeathMurderbydeath Joined: Posts: 906
    How the heck does Graham Wolfe lose to some random player?

Didn't John Choi also lose to a random in the same tournament?
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Didn't John Choi also lose to a random in the same tournament?

Yes, he lost to Pauls Guile as well. Paul elminated Choi and beat Graham in the finals.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,628
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • AzN_SkaterAzN_Skater I <3 Selena Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I uploaded a bunch more vids to my youtube.

Link is in my sig. Werd.
    "Take another deep breath, try to hit your reset, you know that I can relate." -- Selena Gomez
    I mained Urien in 2000 BC.