HD Remix Match Play Videos Thread

Comments

• FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Here is my fight against Daigo let me know what you guys think...

looks like the 360 is set to 4:3 while the monitor is set to widescreen. the scree looks stretched or is it just me?
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
  • syncosynco Joined: Posts: 104
    less nerding out on sticks.

more noticing of the fact that SF2 got a 2 hour show on whats primarily a SF4 focused channel in japan.

at times it almost seems like they are explaining how to set it up and what the menu options do.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    my advice, learn to play in conditions that you can easily reproduce anywhere.
    I have tried, dude, and so far I have failed. Miserably. If the stick moves, there is no hope for me.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    my advice, learn to play in conditions that you can easily reproduce anywhere.

This is why I started doing the chair strap thing. I figured that every venue always has chairs, so why not? And I do have to adjust my height, but I don't kill my back like I used to in the position I played in while sitting on the floor. I'm a short guy, so I don't mind leaning forward a bit for the sake of stick stability.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,491
    I'm almost like Fudd and use two chairs, except I don't use straps, I rest my legs in one and put the stick on top of my lap. I got used to doing this in the comfort of my home because I have an ottoman to rest my legs on. This is the only way I can stabilize it. I hate sitting on the floor because my fat ass and stomach don't like it too much.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • milesokeefemilesokeefe Spammy Joined: Posts: 387
    I confidently recommend Arcade in a Box's "True Arcade" form joystick to anyone who's having problems with their stick shifting around while they play.

The things are huge. And *heavy*.
  • I$AACI$AAC did it hurt, baybee? Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Well I finally have a capture card so I'll be puting up match vids soon!
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
  • mad possummad possum Joined: Posts: 1,091
    I confidently recommend Arcade in a Box's "True Arcade" form joystick to anyone who's having problems with their stick shifting around while they play.

The things are huge. And *heavy*.

I have two AiaB "slims" and don't have any problems either, they are very solid and much heavier than the plastic Hori and TEs. But then I'm a lap player (which is nice because, like Fulanni said, whether I'm sitting on my couch or on a chair at a tourney I'm in the same position).
    GGPO name : madpossum
  • VOLTECHVOLTECH Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW Joined: Posts: 3,040
    Weight is a key factor when it comes to stability and plastic toys don't cut it for me. My custom sticks weigh in between 6 and 9 lbs. They aren't as big as an AIB but they weigh just as much for a reason. (Shameless plus)
    Quality over Quantity
    voltecharcadesticks@gmail.com
    http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/
    Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW!!!
  • Aqua SnakeAqua Snake Never Outskilled... Joined: Posts: 1,328
    You guys should take this to the General discussion thread with all your fancy stick talkzZzz!! XD
    You are correct more Videos please xD
    Quality over Quantity
    Previous discussion moved to the General discussion thread.

Lets stay on topic here 1?????SF2HD??, 1?????SF2HD?? nsb_sf4 on USTREAM. Video Game Marathon Top Japanese player playing HDR

So did anybody try to friend request them yet? XBL tag ShachiwoAbigail
    Quality over Quantity
    I'm actually gonna try to see if I can get in contact with them through XBL.
  • Silver Rain 007Silver Rain 007 Professional Economist Joined: Posts: 2,108
    Holy crap I actually play with a couple of the Japanese players on the vid... and I recognize Nakamura anywhere (he's my Cammy hero!) I love watching him at around the 2 hour 30 minute mark... but turn on the HD sprites please guys!
    I wanted to put something witty about Economics and E-Sports here... but all I can say is wow... the people who signed up to take my class on E-Sports... fail.
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    less nerding out on sticks.

more noticing of the fact that SF2 got a 2 hour show on whats primarily a SF4 focused channel in japan.

at times it almost seems like they are explaining how to set it up and what the menu options do.

Synco is right we actually talked to daigo before i got drunk.... and synco asked him about hdremix he told him that he enjoys hd remix alot and he lieks it because he says its very balance..

I hope to try and get in contact with daigo and the st players from japan to try and set up a godsgoarden HDremix style next year i have lots of plans for HD remix my friends..

Oh yea i play with nakamura almost every night well late night im trying to get hes cammy tricks down with mine its soo much fun!!!
  • BattosaiBattosai Joined: Posts: 766 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I hope to try and get in contact with daigo and the st players from japan to try and set up a godsgoarden HDremix style next year i have lots of plans for HD remix my friends..

QUOTE]

Sounds good : )
  • syncosynco Joined: Posts: 104
    Jeez...

I wanna play Otochun's Chun Li SO badly!

I want to see how fast he finds a counter against Fei's LK CW :)
    I'd love to see him kick your ass ;) lol

But seriously make this happen and record it.

I just skimmed through the video and they seem to be getting the hang of things. Otochun was using a lot of the same tricks I do with the new SBK already. I can't wait to see what they come up with after they've had some time to really learn the mechanics of the game.

Watching these guys fight I feel like I could take them, anybody else get that feeling?
    Quality over Quantity
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    shameless self promotion

heres DGV kicking the shit out of me at norcal

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Would have captured more, but the room exploded (Disconnected), and YuuVega decided to play Arcade Mode afterward. XD
  • geogeo Official Contrarian Joined: Posts: 1,291
    Thanks for posting man, watching Yuu is mind blowing.
    Just one example of ST fundamentalism on dontblowthis.com: "HDR is just another game with no relation to the Street Fighter II series" - riz0ne
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Yeah, awesome vids, thanks Aquasnake. That Bison is just plain nasty.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Just watched the focus fire grand finals posted on the front page

Shoryuken - Focus Fire 2010 - Interviews with Big Marcus, KBeast, and Kurasa Talks about the Hit Box - Bonus HD Remix Finals

we were discussing about jwong yesterday on ggpo. he is a very good turtle and he is comfortable fighting at the corner. he's doing very good considering this is not his main game.

Was it on ps3? Coz I believe Sagat can punish Ken's Jab DP with cr. RH but it seemed he can only do it 1 out of 3 times. The rest were blocked. (Input lag?)

But royal phlush, it's very close. if you didn't go for those two miscalculated super chip damage, it should be yours. (or maybe controller issues) Your rush down and mix up were very good.

[edit: aqua, I just watch YouTube - HDR XBL Casual Matches Feat. Yuu Vega 1/2, and it's exactly like what I said about HDR fei......]
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
    [edit: aqua, I just watch YouTube - HDR XBL Casual Matches Feat. Yuu Vega 1/2, and it's exactly like what I said about HDR fei......]

The challenge is still out there for ya (Patiently waiting).

Just saying. :P
  • RoyalPhlushRoyalPhlush The End... Joined: Posts: 240
    Yeah papasi it was on PS3 unfortunately haha... but Jwongs sagat was just decent honestly. He's pretty predictable but due to issues I was havin with that controller I couldn't really capitalize to win it... I'll be prepared next time though its all good!
    Omega Versus Crew

Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY thing.
    - Vince Lombardi

www.Facebook.com/RoyalPhlush
  • blitzfublitzfu Cosmic Power Joined: Posts: 3,072
    Good shit Royal. I love how you almost never failed to punish Wong's jumpins with a Shoryuken. If you'd have had your controller of choice, you'd have taken it for sure, just like you demolished Valle's Ryu. Get 'em next time.
  • BlueMary69BlueMary69 If I Drown let me Sink Joined: Posts: 749
    Not sure if you guys have ever seen a three hit combo ending with upper dash into super with balrog but my buddy Coffee did it its until the end so bare with it lol

• RoyalPhlushRoyalPhlush The End... Joined: Posts: 240
    Good shit Royal. I love how you almost never failed to punish Wong's jumpins with a Shoryuken. If you'd have had your controller of choice, you'd have taken it for sure, just like you demolished Valle's Ryu. Get 'em next time.

Thanks Blitzfu and yeah I can't wait til next time man!
    Omega Versus Crew

Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY thing.
    - Vince Lombardi

www.Facebook.com/RoyalPhlush
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    Shoryuken - J.mp x4 - Super with Ryu in SF2.

Have a silly combo.

Ryu: J.mp x4 - Super :x
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    This is found in TWZ's original SSF2X Ryu combo video. But it is cool you have found it yourself.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634

Realtalk that last round was 10 times more intense then all of evo combined:lol:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • KAOSPIDERKAOSPIDER Maximum Spider Joined: Posts: 510
    You're talking about the repeated LK CWs in the corner, right? Yuu is obviously accustomed to ST CW the combo-able sort) so he looked especially wary of sticking anything out. He's unaware that it's far easier to escape in HDR. He could have routinely LK Scissored and beaten CWs cleanly. Or he could've HP crushered. Or he could've thrown (Bison wins the throw battle 90%) of the time. Go to training mode yourself & try any of these and you'll see that LK CWs are not even close to being a 'trap.'
    I can't fault Aqua for exploiting this HDR inexperience. 8)
    The Coffin Corner: Where Dreams Go to Die

E. Honda, Balrog & Vega: Street Fighter for Dummies
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Weight is a key factor when it comes to stability and plastic toys don't cut it for me. My custom sticks weigh in between 6 and 9 lbs. They aren't as big as an AIB but they weigh just as much for a reason. (Shameless plus)

^ This.

<3 Voltech's sitcks. Use them to kick his ass XD.

;).
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
    Haha thats why I always say Voltech Arcade Sticks FTW! P.S. The new VAS-HG models come with even more win! ;)
    Crime in Partner VAS-HG Elite EX Plus | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Quality over Quantity
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Gimme discount for landing Cr. Short, St. Short xx Super on you last night XD.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • SG10xSG10x Blanka Sucks Joined: Posts: 402
    Hey Voltech how much are your sticks?
    Just click the link and all will be revealed - Voltech Arcade Sticks
    Quality over Quantity
  • SG10xSG10x Blanka Sucks Joined: Posts: 402
    Hey Voltech I like that last white one. Too much reading in that link PM me more info about pricing for one like that one posted a couple posts above.
    If anybody else has any questions you can hit me up here or PM me. I don't want to derail this thread any further ;)
    Quality over Quantity