Ask the Colossus Guru.

tharimrattlertharimrattler Colossus LegendJoined: Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
That's right folks. This thread is to ask any questions or to get general info about Colossus. I have played him for some years now, and have played against so many teams that I have vast knowledge of matchups and situations. Ask anything here, and I'll answer the best I can. Let's get started!

Comments

• eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    Thanks for attempting to breathe some life into character forums. It's been the doldrums lately.

First off I'd just like to get your opinion on the metallic russian's tiering and your mindset even. Do you see Colossus as particularly low tier? I don't really pay attention to tiers, but I know some players do while most 'low tier' gods take the VDO-style "what tiers?" approach.

Secondly, in terms of approach to the match, do you feel like Colossus has similarities to any top tier characters (or even low tier) in terms of a loose formula for gaining the advantage.

I'm looking forward to picking up Colossus over the next few training sessions I find time to throw down, so I'm sure I'll have some specifics in the next couple days.
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
  • tharimrattlertharimrattler Colossus Legend Joined: Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Thanks for attempting to breathe some life into character forums. It's been the doldrums lately.

First off I'd just like to get your opinion on the metallic russian's tiering and your mindset even. Do you see Colossus as particularly low tier? I don't really pay attention to tiers, but I know some players do while most 'low tier' gods take the VDO-style "what tiers?" approach.

Secondly, in terms of approach to the match, do you feel like Colossus has similarities to any top tier characters (or even low tier) in terms of a loose formula for gaining the advantage.

I'm looking forward to picking up Colossus over the next few training sessions I find time to throw down, so I'm sure I'll have some specifics in the next couple days.

No problem, I'm actually glad to share the knowledge I have with the community.

As far as tiering, I think he is right where he should be low/mid. He has some winnable matchups, but also some horrible ones. I generally try to get close. When close you can set up low/throw/jump in setups. He has an akward fall speed and jump angle so you need to use this. His j.hk has tremendous crossup ability so use this to your advantage. You have good control of your trajectory in the air, so you want to generally set up a j.hk, because usually they have to block it or get hit.

Is he similar to other characters? Not really. A good friend of mine sometimes says "to me, he's like another sentinel". This is true in some ways, but very untrue in others. He has a ton of life. The most behind sent himself so he takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. So he can hang in there. Most combos wont kill him, or even hurt him bad. So you generally get a chance to at least block some stuff, or tech roll and get another chance. General things to keep in mind:

-Super is instant, so use that to get him out safely in any situation via dhc. Also has punishing abilities with instant dhc supers (storm hail, iron man proton cannon, juggernaut headcrush, etc.)
    -C.hp has insane reach, great damage, and even evasive frames (he moves forward, so if you c.hp at close range it will not get hit by forward moving assists [example: cyclops, psylocke])
    -his lp is hella good. all versions. the ground one locks down at 3 frames. crouching jab has hella range for a jab. jumping jab has good range, and priority. if you land a j.jab combo it into j.fierce, super. good damage off a jump jab.
    -shoulder bash moves negate most projectiles. so tiger knee lk shoulder bash will negate most anything. common ones are mega man buster, psylocke projectile etc. but experiment with it. It will take the projectile away without taking any damage. and remember you can still super cancel after you negate the projectile for punishment sometimes.
    -his hp throw seems to have hella priority in general.

Ask me anything else. I'm getting distracted so I got to go now.,
    Thats funny bc my I thought of him as mini-sentinel when I was trying to compare him to something else. I guess that's only from a power-ed up shoulder bash perspective though.

I see VDO doing a lot of dash LP/LK xx whiff command grab. Do you see an advantage to that? I can see that it helps apply pressure, but it seems dangerous. Not to cross the RDG :pray: ... It seems like his style to take the big risks with Colossus and act safer with the rest of his squad, so maybe this is not as applicable to you, but Colossus does seem to be a high risk/ high reward character.

That said, does that affect your team setup for your Colossus squad(s)? Who are you running for Colossus teams?
  • icefuzion.remixicefuzion.remix Bruh man Joined: Posts: 1,922
    What about Col doom and cap or cyke?
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    Thats funny bc my I thought of him as mini-sentinel when I was trying to compare him to something else. I guess that's only from a power-ed up shoulder bash perspective though.

I see VDO doing a lot of dash LP/LK xx whiff command grab. Do you see an advantage to that? I can see that it helps apply pressure, but it seems dangerous. Not to cross the RDG :pray: ... It seems like his style to take the big risks with Colossus and act safer with the rest of his squad, so maybe this is not as applicable to you, but Colossus does seem to be a high risk/ high reward character.

That said, does that affect your team setup for your Colossus squad(s)? Who are you running for Colossus teams?

Colossus is definately high risk high reward. He truly fits that definition well. He is similar to sentinel in some ways, polar opposites in others. I honestly don't think there is any character in this game that plays similar to him.

The command grab move is ok to throw out sometimes because it is practically safe on block, and it adds something to the mix. If your opponent knows you are going to do the shoulder bash move, you are fucked. Even though shoulder bash is his best special move, he only has 2 special moves total. shoulder bash and command grab. so his options are somewhat limited and you need to switch it up with him, and never be predictable. the grab does good damage on hit, and throws them FAR. They will be in the corner or close to it if you hit them with it, and in the corner it sets up for unrollable 100% combos. You can super cancel it and dhc if they block it and you want to get colossus out.

some general random things with colossus:

-he can really work well as either point character, or aaa assist in the back of the team. he can beat up a lot of assist characters 1on1 at the end of a match so it is good to have him there, and he can also wreck shop on point by building 2 meters and getting a dhc.
    -his snapback is pretty long and fast. its low to the ground too so i dont think anyone can crouch out of it.
    -if you land a launch, just do j.lp, j.mp, qcf+lk, qcf+pp. if they are far away, delay the j.lp, j.lp. it will still combo and gets you closer to them before the special/super combo.
    -his normals have a LOT of hit stun. So you can combo things very slowly if you want, or dhc off of any landed normal due to the instant startup super he has.
    -he has a very hard time chipping. his most viable chip option is his snapback (LOL) because his only chip options are: shoulder bash (tiger knee lk is ok only. still unsafe sometimes), super (suck), and snapback (pretty safe). each do exactly 1 pixel of chip becasue they are each one hit. so generally if they have 1 pixel left, your best bet is to hit them with a snap.

My main colossus teams are:

Sent/storm/colossus

colossus/sentinel/commando

colossus/doom/cable

colossus/juggernaut/sentinel

cable/sentinel/colossus

I'm willing to explain the advantages/gameplan of any of these teams if anyone is interested.

Some characters I have thought about, and have a feeling they will work very well with colossus are:

blackheart
    tronne
    iron man

I have not really experimented with these much though. I am almost positive there is potential there though, and I can explain why if anyone wants to know.

What about Col doom and cap or cyke?

Hmm i don't see too much potential there, as there arent really great dhcs and team chemistry. I would put colossus/(cable/storm/sent)/doom or cap or cyke. This way you have a deadly dhc, and when you do it you have a strong character fighting with good assists behind them.

col + commando makes it hard for them to run away from colossus because they have to be careful of command. s.hk+commando works great and does stupid damage if you connect. follow it up with air combo into shoulder bash xx super.

col + doom allows for ground block strings that do chip damage. this is important because people need to block colossus' moves or they die. doom can do some combos with colossus assist too.
    Nice avatar btw =)
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Do you by chance know the 3 hit on the ground combo that is linked with the Cyclops expansion assist to create the Colossus infinite? Thanks for the help and much luv!

M N N
    That was a suki cancel infinite. It's not going to happen in a real match under normal circumstances.
    I think this combo works with doom:
    Launch call doom, magic into tackle or hp + his grab... I did some kinda combo like that before, can't remember
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
  • HollowHollow International asshole Joined: Posts: 1,257

It's a pressure tactic. If VDO does ducking jab to low RH, command grab (blocked) He recovers before you do. Also, he is right in your face, which is where he wants to be. Since Col has such high stamina, you can take "risks" with him. It seems like you can hit him after the blocked grab, but you cannot. He usually calls out Ken after he recovers and while you are blocking Mr. Masters, he dashes in a presses that offense. Very little risk to him.
    ..you pretty much win the round on straight up man juice once you activate FRKZ..
    -QwertyHero
    youtube.com/lordhollow
    Thanks for the input Hollow-- I see, so it only LOOKS like Colossus is left open, good to know. I need to step up Mr. Rasputin so I can properly run some duos with that OTHER Russian.

Team CCCPringles?

Much respect to you for capturing/providing high-lvl low-tier matches.
  • HollowHollow International asshole Joined: Posts: 1,257
    Hehe. Which Russian? You wanna go all Russian, run Zangief, Colossus and Omega Red. It really is not a bad team at all.

Thx for the acknowledgement. I got a lot of upcoming vids in store.
    ..you pretty much win the round on straight up man juice once you activate FRKZ..
    -QwertyHero
    youtube.com/lordhollow
    Oh, My Col, Doom combo is:

Launch (call doom_ magic ending with the FP that knocks them down ( they will hit dooms rocks) plus either lk tackle or the command throw. You can also time the super with this too. Does okay damage.
    ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
  • Shifty BatShifty Bat Demon Overlord Joined: Posts: 59
    I love playing Colossus with IM and Storm. I have taken down so many Sentinel players with his AA assist. I also just discovered of you can get in deep on Sent with a his launcher it can chain into a RH shoulder tackle XX super for 66 damage. Trouble is, the super won't connect if you hit with a jump-in before the launch, so I rely on Storm's proj. assist to get in. This works anywhere, not just corners, and from there I can chain in Hailstorm for around 90 damage mashed. PC after that brings it to 120 average.
    If you're playing Cable, HVB after the above Col combo to get about 118 on Sent.

My all-time favorite Colossus move, though, is the BnB air combo in the corner +dhc to Tron's Lunch Rush. What else will give you 134 damage on Cable and look that embarrassing?
    You can launch, rh shoulder bash, super to any character, not just sent. And it DOES work off a jump in attack.
  • PuFFPuFF Dan Marino Joined: Posts: 2,119
    I have been using Rogue, Collosus, SonSon as my main team and was wondering if Collosus' Power Dive super can be combo'd off of SonSon's Anti Air assist.

I have been trying but can't get it to work, just wondering if someone with better execution/judgement could tell me if it works or not.

EDIT: Wow I fail. If I call in SonSon's assist, jump, super it hits every time -_- I fail pretty hard. Anyways it's excellent if you can do this

in corner
    Start as Collosus, Call out SonSon AAA, jump, Power Dive, DHC into "Sugar" Super (Rogue), as she is kissing DHC into either the Staff Super or the Monkey Super for SonSon. If you use the Monkey Super spit out flame to continue the combo.
    Mountain Dew is delicious. No matter what Tweleve says.
    Haha cool stuff, I never used sonson, let alone sonson/colossus. Just from thinking of it, you might be able to do something like s.hk+sonson, qcf+hk, super. You can probably use sonson assist as a ghetto launcher too and just superjump, aircombo, tackle, super. This is pure speculation as I have not played this team before.
  • PuFFPuFF Dan Marino Joined: Posts: 2,119
    Haha cool stuff, I never used sonson, let alone sonson/colossus. Just from thinking of it, you might be able to do something like s.hk+sonson, qcf+hk, super. You can probably use sonson assist as a ghetto launcher too and just superjump, aircombo, tackle, super. This is pure speculation as I have not played this team before.

I actually do use SonSon as a ghetto launcher. She comes out so fast it is hard for people to react sometimes.

I just recently got into Marvel so a lot of stuff is new to me. I will have to try and start to combo more into super. Considering if Son Son hits and I go into super that will do about 50% damage, if I combo it could possibly go into 100% with DHC. More stuff for me to try out!
    Mountain Dew is delicious. No matter what Tweleve says.
  • myleftshoemyleftshoe skilled but lazy Joined: Posts: 397
    do you use the power up super much? maybe just against magnus or what?
    Why does everybody fight Chunli in front of a restaurant?
    Cause she keeps leaving the kitchen
    Yeah, I'll use it vs pretty much any character given the situation. Vs a magneto in particular though, it is particularly useful because even if he runs from you, you can build another meter for another hyper armor, and he really cant do anything against you while in that mode except throw.

Be careful when activating though, because he can seriously fuck you up if you are vulnerable on startup.

Basic hyper armor startup options are:

After any shoulder bash (hit), cancel into HA

Force them to block drones, HA

Block string with multi hit assist at the end, HA.
    not too over simplifiy, but colosus on point seems like alot of j.hp, tackle+drones, or timed dash in launch. The speed range/range of his jab are amazing, can you land tackle off any random jab or is it just better anyways to just ground them and finish with hp or hk

i think i pretty much understand how he works. Does he have anything that beats storm sj.lk? I was thinking his sj.hp would hit or trade like Sentinel.
    Off a landed jab I usually combo c.hk. from there I might do the ground shoulder bash, and when they start tech rolling that combo, after the c.hk you can dash back and set up some good mixups because you dash right to where they are rolling to and you can hit them from either side really.

vs storm j.lk the only thing thats going to beat it is a well timed shoulder bash, and thats risky. I usually don't try to beat that move.
    o sorry i meant in my post was what do you do off a jab in the air. Do you like to end with tackle for damage or send them to the ground to set up next follow up.

Don't have my DC with me right now, can you combo launch, sj.hkXXtackle?

Been playing marvel for a long time so i'm gonna try to ask alot of specific questions. Some i could figure on my own, but i might as well ask and keep the thread alive.
    off a sj.jab, i will do fierce, super.

dunno about that launch combo but you can launch, hk shoulder bash, super. 3 hits hella damage.
  • BrahmaBrahma Get it on Joined: Posts: 519
    Why use c. HK over c. HP, since c. HP gives unrollable combos?

Also, what would you recommend for ground combos after a jumpin? Launch, or 2hit into shoulder? Also, when I do 2 hit into shoulder should I use lp, mp, or lk, mk, or c. lp/mp. etc? Is there one string that works better than others, or is there anything that's situational? I use lk, mk xx shoulder myself, but the lk has such crap range I'm looking for something else. Thanks in advance.
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    well the c.hk is REALLY fast (8 frames iirc), hits low, and is generally more reliable. c.hp is really good if its guranteed, but at max range it wont even combo into shoulder bash, and it is really a lot slower than c.hk. so it just depends on situation, but c.hk is overall more reliable.

if i land a jumpin i always go for launch. absolute best option.

if you are doing a ground chain (or air for that matter) always start with lp. it has great range, and lk has crap range. enough said. other than that most of the ground chains are about the same except c.mk obviously hits low, but i would almost always do c.hk over c.mk anyway. c.mp has good range and hits people in the air well.
  • BrahmaBrahma Get it on Joined: Posts: 519
    Thanks for the quick response. I started using lp, mk xx shoulder today. It doesn't seem to combo as well as lk, mk, but that's probably because I have to be in closer to land lk in the first place.

Also to clarify, his standard BnB combo is j.hk, s.hk /\ sj.lp, sj.mp xx shoulder xx Dive correct?

The reason I asked about ground combos is because I've been working on some combos. lp + Spidey web ball, mk xx hk shoulder, web ball traps, and Colossus is now on the other side, and you can do pretty much anything you want to them. I've been doing c.hp xx command throw. If it gets blocked, at least Spidey is on the other side so hopefully only Colossus gets punished. Only problem is sometimes distance issues cause them to fly away after the shoulder because the web ball is a little too late, or I have to sub lk shoulder becuase the opponent is too short.

Alternately, I use the same lp, mk xx shoulder with Sabertooth projectile assist as well which more or less saves him from punishment if it whiffs, as most punishment attempts get caught up in the shots and Colossus can combo, or they block and Colossus has a chance to Hyper Armor or pressure further.

Being new to Colossus and MvC2 in general I don't know how push block or any other factors might affect these combos or if they are actually viable, since I haven't had much chance to play high level opponents. So do these strats seem useful?
    Ready, steady, deadly...
    Does Colossus s.hk have any type of priority? Is ok if i was playing against magneto to bust out a random dash forward+launch?

Also i noticed his back dash is pretty fast and covers a lot of distance. I use it alot in my matches, do you have any situational uses for this?

Thanks i'm really digging the fighting style, Colosuss is working great for me so far.
    s.hk has priority, yes, but it is slow on startup so i wouldn't go for it off a dash unless I had like drones behind me, or Hyper Armor.

Also, he has another launcher, df.hk. it look identical but comes out a little faster, and does a little less damage iirc. sometimes it makes the difference when you need a fast one.

Dash forward, dash back is a good trick to bait shit in marvel in general as long as you have a good dash, and colossus has at least a decent one, so use it to bait shit. you can cancel it into anything to stop you in place too so sometimes i'll dash back, s.hk, or c.hk, or whatever mid dash.
  • xxphilopiaxxxxphilopiaxx ...winning impaired Joined: Posts: 434
    Why use c. HK over c. HP, since c. HP gives unrollable combos?
    ...Like Rim said, c.hp is only reliable if its guaranteed to hit. At max s.lp/c.lp distance, c.fk is guaranteed to hit, where as c.fp is not. And even if the c.fp does hit, the tackle after may whiff as well. So, there are 2 rooms for error in going for a c.lp, c.fp xx tackle. And a whiffed tackle is easily punishable, so I believe the risk vs reward isn't worth it. At least with s.lp/c.lp, c.fk xx tackle, the normals are guaranteed to hit with a better chance of the tackle hitting. Even if the opponent rolls, a whiffed tackle is not as easily punishable and you can even use assist as a back up.

Also, what would you recommend for ground combos after a jumpin? Launch, or 2hit into shoulder? Also, when I do 2 hit into shoulder should I use lp, mp, or lk, mk, or c. lp/mp. etc? Is there one string that works better than others, or is there anything that's situational? I use lk, mk xx shoulder myself, but the lk has such crap range I'm looking for something else. Thanks in advance.
    ...After a jump-in, your best option is to go for a launcher because is the more damaging option, especially with a super. Ground combos, outside of a corner, a) not as damaging of an option without assist and b) a lot harder to combo into super. The only reason why I would go for a ground combo instead of a launcher is if I'm using an assist to tack on more hits/damage, though a launcher is still a better option.

Your best choice is to do ground combos if you land a ground hit. Best ground combo is a c.lp, c.fk xx tackle or s.lp, c.fk xx tackle. s.lp/c.lp, c.fk is guaranteed combo at max range, even if the tackle is not. s.lp/c.lp into any other normal is not guaranteed and often distance dependent. And also, you really do not want to a tackle on a grounded, non-knocked down opponent. The only exceptions are a) You're in a corner and plan on combo'ing a super after or b) you're midscreen and plan on doing a super xx quick DHC. The problem with doing a tackle on a non-knocked down opponent is it puts them airborne, allowing the opponent to recover. Mags is able to Tempest xx Hail to saftey, Sent gets unfly and can fly recover > stomp, etc. At least with c.fk xx tackle, you force the opponent to roll or get hit and when they do, its easy to keep on the pressure.
    Interestingly enough, c.fp is a great option after a connected c.fk xx tackle. It has a huge hit range, stays out a long time, and hits meaty. So, after a c.fk xx tackle, you can do c.fp to hit opponent out of roll recovery + assist xx tackle...

...This forces opponent to block out of the roll, colossus keeps on the pressure with assist, and it's anti-assist since you'll hit the point character before assist comes out, so you can get a nice assist punish as well. Midscreen, c.fp + assist xx tackle is the better option since it has more range, where as in the corner, the lp command throw is the better option since of its quick recovery.
    ...I'm horrible at SSF4.
    Avid Colossus user here

Whats up Gamers. What your your guys favorite approaches to create a launch?
    find a way to land j.hk.

there are plenty of ways between nj and sj mode. plus use your assists to set it up.

remember it crosses up big time so set it up as a crossup too
  • portnoydportnoyd Joined: Posts: 48
    I've been playing Colossus (AA) - Sentinel (Drones) - Tron Bonne (Projectile) for 9 years now. Was wondering if you had any input to add to my strat below to improve my game. Sadly, I do not have a stick yet for the 360 (patiently waiting for my birthday as the Mrs is getting me one) so I've had to change my arcade strat considering using Assist1 is awkward and I can't do supers consistently (in 100 ranked matches, I think I have done 2-3 Colossus -> Sent DHC switches successfully as an example). That 360 dpad is just horrific. The caliber of player I now play against XBL is nothing to the crowd I played at the arcade (the sadly defunct Fun N Games in Wayne NJ) so I am not doing poorly fwiw. Anyway, here's the breakdown of my play:

Start with Colossus. Push up at start and play a ground game, mostly that mixes up high and low hits to open up. Mix up sk and rk shoulder tackles to rush down (as it eats so many things). Never tackle (either) on the ground. Midair rh tackle is great for coming down on someone on the ground. Use Sent assist to close in, up close, use Tron. The goal is to OTG into Tron (more likely on XBL than in the arcade, for sure). You can take your sweet ass time with OTG with him too, it's amazing.

Good players who can, you know, roll out of it, I just stick to c.sk -> c. fk -> sk shoulder tackle with the Tron assist - still great damage. Use Sent Assist to block and pop up Hyper Armor (depending on who is currently out, obviously not against Cable). Dumbest players don't change their strat, dumb players run as I have learned to chase down well and trap into assists. Smart ones try to throw me.

Main point of attack is the shoulder tackle with assist backup. Very low air sk tackles are nice as you can spam Tron assist and most players will try to catch you on the way down and fail.

Optimal goal is to soften one or both other characters so the main is left alone, fearing losing a toon outright. Pokes with c.RK are nice because of the speed and reach. I always jump in with RK, as said, it crosses up like mad and can get a free Swing if fast enough. I generally avoid FP altogether.

His assist is useful for clearing careless SJ/flying players, or to strike away a main toon so I can feast on an assist character. DHC switch tactic is SJ -> Power Dive -> HSF. In the arcade and on DC, it never fails. I honestly never dive except to DHC out. Unless of course I get the monster OTG corner combo off. :P

I usually stick Colossus to Magneto, Sentinel and Storm, Sentinel to Storm and Sentinel and Tron to Cable and Storm, as far as god tier goes. Cable versus Colossus is a big hurdle for me. I avoid assisting with Cable out (just because you can't protect your assists well against AHVB) so Colo has to play a very careful game. I have problems with Cable (as mentioned), Rogue (I don't know why) and Blackheart (my AA assist needs an AA assist....).

If Colossus is getting rushed down too hard, I will try Colossus - Sentinel - Capt. Commando. Also works well.

I play Sentinel kinda the same way - big solid hits. I don't fly as much as most do but I probably should. Tron - Sentinel lockdown is a nice bonus. It also helps that I can, you know, play Tron too. :P

Let me know what you think. I'm up to try new things.
    It sounds like you have a lot of good things going, but I will add what I can.

For Col/Sent, here are some DHC options that you may or may not be aware of.
    -c.hp xx super, dhc to sent drones super combos fully. c.hp has incredible range, so use this to punish things that are otherwise hard to punish.
    -if you land the corner combo into super, dhc to sent punch super. it looks like it wont work but it does, and it will do 100% to about any character.
    -if you land any random jumping hk or hp on a grounded opponent, quickly super and dhc and sentinels super will hit them. colossus' hard attacks create a ton of hit stun, and his super is instant startup so use these two things to your advantage.

In regard to using tackle to advance on your opponent, tk lk tackle is safe on hit or block, and is even safe on hitting and absorbing a projectile. you can even do many of these in a row if your opponent keeps throwing projectiles, or trying to get away.

With the hk tackles coming down from the air, its seems risky and sometimes you will get the "safe" version and be able to block, other times you will be extremely punishable. I am still trying to figure out exactly what triggers the "safe" version, but from what I understand so far is if you are at the peak of your jump and you do it it will almost always be the safe version. I know there are other factors too thought because I have also done it when not at the peak of a jump.

If I land a j.hk I always go for launch. It gets considerably more damage than the giant swing. And again, his j.hk will cause so much hit stun that you can hit confirm and do the launcher on reaction to hitting. If their assist happens to be there, they are going for the full ride too so if you launch, air combo, they are both getting hit by all the hits, and both taking about 60-70% damage.

I have not played much colossus/tronne so I can't add to that, I could probably learn a thing or two from you about this duo. What is the OTG into tronne combo you were talking about anyway?
    Thanks for the quick reply! I will try out your tips when I get home from work. I want to see c.HP into dive DHC drones. I can't believe that would work!

I haven't noticed the safe/unsafe version of the air RK tackle but I will play around with it too.

The OTG combo is no more than c.SK -> c.RK/call Tron -> finished with a sk Tackle while the opponent is eating the Tron assist. Very simple. It'll eat 40%-50% of a Magneto's health. I even go with call Tron, then poke out a c.RK and they eat the remaining Tron rings with it if it sweeps.

Of course, if they know how to roll, then it's worthless. However, XBL has a wealth of people who don't know one of the most basic defense moves in the game...
    Ok, that c.FP -> Dive DHC Drones is comical. The hit stun is just ridiculous.
    tharimrattler, have you been working on any new teams for Colossus?
    I like to use rogue/colossus/(juggs/ken/sakura/charlie/bb hood), though not all those teams have good chemistry, lol.
    ken/colossus/tronne is decent. I have been screwing around with that team in online player matches.

Other than that I've just been sharpening my storm/sent/col team, and damn it is getting mean =)
  • monkeyspankmonkeyspank Paulina James Joined: Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ken/colossus/tronne is decent. I have been screwing around with that team in online player matches.

Other than that I've just been sharpening my storm/sent/col team, and damn it is getting mean =)

We have to get in some games man! SSCol wars are too fun.
    DoNt GeT CaUgHt By Da LiGhT CuZ ImA GeT iN FlIgHt, LiKE BoOm bOoM RoCkeT PuNcH GoOd NiGhT
  • DarkNyteDarkNyte BATMAN TOOK MY NAME! Joined: Posts: 66
    big metal

i've been running an anti top tier team with great success. Col/Doom/BH. Hpyer armor at the start, get them in the corner and j.FP all day. Doom can chip and BH AA assist stays active for a LONG time. I've crushed even runaway teams like this.:devil:
    You ever get the feeling that somebody was watching you??? No??? Maybe cause...YOU SUCK!!!!!!!
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't get that command grab where he sticks out his arm and swings you around. It seems to always miss or something.
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • MadTitanMadTitan Thanos Reigns! Joined: Posts: 1,210

it's not really a true grab in that they can block it.. and as far as I know the only way to combo it is a corner aircombo.. which can be used to do a semi-infinite if I recall correctly.
    <-Nicer than you->
    Giant Swing is not actually a grab although it looks like it. It can be blocked, and it is difficult to combo. The only combos I know with it are

close c.hp xx GS
    j.hp xx GS
    j.hk xx GS

Its not extremely useful in combos, but it is a decent pressure tool in the corner. It is pretty much safe on block iirc, and on hit you can get some nasty otg unrollable combos (corner only). It can also be used to guardbreak in the corner.

Thinking of that I just thought of a new possible guardbreak. I don't know if this works but it seems like it should, I'll have to test it later.

tiger knee giant swing (blocked), land (gb), s.hk.

in theory it should work, and you recover almost immediately after they block that move so you will land before them.
    Tho this thread is old as hell.. I'll also mention that if I recall correctly you can combo the giant swing off a sj.mp if you have em cornered...

Therefore in corner: launch, sj.lp, sj.mk, sj.mp xx GS, land, cr.lk(OTG), relaunch is an infinite and I believe the giant swing causes flying screen so it cannot be rolled at all.

This is all working out of memory btw.. and I don't think I've tried it on next gen marvel.
    <-Nicer than you->
  • AugmintAugmint Joined: Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tho this thread is old as hell.. I'll also mention that if I recall correctly you can combo the giant swing off a sj.mp if you have em cornered...

Therefore in corner: launch, sj.lp, sj.mk, sj.mp xx GS, land, cr.lk(OTG), relaunch is an infinite and I believe the giant swing causes flying screen so it cannot be rolled at all.

This is all working out of memory btw.. and I don't think I've tried it on next gen marvel.

Its only a close D + Hp that will let you connect giant swing after. Recovery is such that you'll only get a otg (not a juggle) so unf. no infinite.
    hmmm..

Damn it.. now I have to stop by the bowling alley tomorrow to try the arcade version.. b/c I swear it used to work but It doesn't combo after sj.mp on next gen. (just tested.)

I might break out the dreamcast and ps2 versions tomorrow as well.. b/c I know I have looped that shit to death on SOME version vs my buddy mike before... but it's been years.

-Edit-

Ok so it was really pissing me off knowing that I've done this aaand I broke out the dreamcast.. no workie.. then I broke out the ps2.. annnnd yes it works... son of a fucking bitch.. why does it only work on the worst version ever?
    <-Nicer than you->