The "Currently Playing" Game Thread-Discuss Your Games, Vent, Give Props, etc.

ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power UpJoined: Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
Right now I'm playing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. This game is so much fun. I'm glad Luigi didn't get the shaft and get left out like he did in Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario. Speaking of Paper Mario, I think M&L owns this game. Not only is the combat much more fun than PM's but gameplay outside of battles is also a blast. Right now my plumbers are nearly at level 20 ands I'm more than 11 hours into the game. I'm also playing Street Fighter EX+@.

Comments

• ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 11,043 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sonic Heroes. Still not sure I'll ever get all chaos emeralds without having to cheat.:( This sucks because you HAVE to get all chaos emeralds to fight the true final boss.

A few years from now...Super Mario will compete against Sonic the Hedgehog at the Olympics. Yeah, there will be a game about it. Aint that some bullshit? Crazy. We're supposed to believe Mario can actually compete against Sonic in some track and field events? Sorry, not buying it. Future POSTTTTTTTTTTT! YEAH.
  • OrangeCatOrangeCat Life is a highway Joined: Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sword of Mana: Sucks ass. Leveling up in it is frustrating and most of the side quests or assignments are too abstract to really keep the flow of the game going. You have to really take your time, and I'm the type of person who does take my time.

The helper AI is postively retarded, not knowing how to avoid anything, and the menu system is agrivating at best. To switch weapons and sprits, you have to essentially pause battle for a good 5 seconds to get things straight, not to mention that every enemy is weak to a certain weapon, one of which you have to cycle through about a dozen weapons to find out which is the most effective. For boss battles, it is postively pathetic, especially when your partner has nothing useful at all to contribute, they are better off dead.

a bad game, unless you can stand a total stop and go distruption in gameplay, it's otherwise a good game.

OC
    Street Fighter 4 made my pants go to poopy town. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I POOPED MY PANTS!
    Originally posted by Million
    Sonic Heroes. Still not sure I'll ever get all chaos emeralds without having to cheat.:( This sucks because you HAVE to get all chaos emeralds to fight the true final boss.

Oh now that does suck. I hate it when developers pull that "let's make gamers collect extra crap just to fight the real final boss" garbage. As an extra mission, sure, but as the main focus? No, thanks.:lame:
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Naruto Konoha Senki
    I play that shit like I know Japanesse.
  • DifojDifoj Thanos Reigns Joined: Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Drakengard. I like the game when I can kill the enemies with my sword or jump on the dragon and fireball them to death, but if its just a straight dragon mission I dislike the game, but I will keep on going until its done.
    Originally posted by SA.M`
    Naruto Konoha Senki

I've read the manga graphic novels of Naruto vol 1-2 and they were both very good. That screen for that game looks tight. For GBA I take it? I'm guessing the odds are pretty slim we'll see a Naruto game here. :(
    Originally posted by ReggieHadoken

I've read the manga graphic novels of Naruto vol 1-2 and they were both very good. That screen for that game looks tight. For GBA I take it? I'm guessing the odds are pretty slim we'll see a Naruto game here. :(

Hit me up on AIM. I got something for you.

AIM handle: SAMixstasy
  • BunzBunz ☱☰☴☲☯☵☶☷☳ Joined: Posts: 1,496
    Ikaruga (Radiant Silvergun 2)

Holy crap!!
    This game is way too intense. So fast, so beautiful, so fun.

Ugh, my brain hurts...
  • AmazedAmazed Joined: Posts: 44
    Counter Strike. Still mad fun, as always.
    Originally posted by BloodRiotIori
    you're even more fucking stupid than that drunk driver Amazed.
    Max Payne 2 and Final Fantasy VI.

I forgot the raw fun of old FFs, so I decided to play through it again. And Max Payne 2 to play through that funhouse stage again.
    Originally posted by Jiorn
    Ikaruga (Radiant Silvergun 2)

Holy crap!!
    This game is way too intense. So fast, so beautiful, so fun.

Ugh, my brain hurts...

Oh that game rocks! Chain combos, beautiful visuals, a sweet musical score. Too bad it ended far too soon. Only 5 levels! :( Still, the game is excellent and you play it again and again and again and again............:)
  • FireisWetFireisWet 8-D Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just beat Dark Alliance 2 on Hard mode with Ysuran, the necromancer. Gonna go for it on extreme with Vhaidra the drow monk.

*SPOILER*

I'm kinda upset at how easy Mordoc SeLenmere was, tho, after getting the spells from the necromancer's epic quest. Shadow Spray really tore him up. Hopefully, as a different char in extreme mode, he'll be a bit more difficult.
    *~fabulous signature~*
    Originally posted by Satsujin
    Max Payne 2 and Final Fantasy VI.

I forgot the raw fun of old FFs, so I decided to play through it again. And Max Payne 2 to play through that funhouse stage again.

FFVI=BEST FF game EVER!!:D
  • FireisWetFireisWet 8-D Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

FFVI=BEST FF game EVER!!:D

Despite it's broken-ness...I pretty much agree.
    *~fabulous signature~*
    CVS2, and i'm re-learning MVC2 since i'm 99 years behind, i'm still using spiral/sent teams. GGXX because that game's just baddass.
  • DrumlinerJoeDrumlinerJoe Joined: Posts: 2,116
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Great game, but I really don't care for the judge system at all. It just adds a bunch of speedbumps in the gameplay and is really irritating. Not too crazy about the way you learn skills. Other than that I love it, quality game.
    I mentioned earlier that I was playing SFEX+@ and I still am. Really fun fighter. Easy to get into. So far the only characters I'm really not crazy about are Allen Darun or however you spell hsi name. Dude is WAY too slow.
  • ONE WeaponONE Weapon Smile Joined: Posts: 47
    Final Fantasy IX. I still have to beat this game cuz long time ago I started to stray away from it and I erased my file.:p After this I'll be playing, yes Xenogears.
    If your third eye look then I gouge it out
  • blackaddeblackadde Don't let me down! Joined: Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FFXI and Advance Wars 2.
    The Rindoukan Bible: A Makoto Guidebook - http://otersi.com/rindoukan/
    Hey can anyone throw out some suggestions for games to play? I've got like 100+ games I haven't finished or even opened yet. :(
    Right now I'm playing XIII for ps2, and Sister Princess Re-Pure for GBA

I've got alot of games left to complete, but there are a few that I started and really lost interest in so I never found out if they turned out okay (like Sword of Mana, Fire Emblem, Earthworm Jim, Breath of Fire, and stuff like that)
    I am going on a gaming binge this weekend after a hard week of weightlifting and work.

I plan on restarting and playing through:
    (In order of priority)

1)Vagrant Story:evil:
    2) Resident Evil Directors Cut (yes the ps version)
    3) Resident Evil 2 Demo Disk :lol:
    4) Mega Man X4

Wish me luck, I have a feeling Vagrant story is gonna eat all my time.
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by Flooper

4) Mega Man X4

Wish me luck, I have a feeling Vagrant story is gonna eat all my time.

Mega Man X4 was such a pain for me to beat. Guess I just didn't like the transition from snes to playstation. I started a "new" game of Final Fantasy 8 and I wanted to see how much I could complete of the game without a guide. Just trying to find 100% of everything and get as strong as possible. That was a year ago though, but I'm on disc 3, guess I'll dust it off and pick up where I left off Saturday.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose
    Originally posted by R.P.D rookie

Mega Man X4 was such a pain for me to beat. Guess I just didn't like the transition from snes to playstation. I started a "new" game of Final Fantasy 8 and I wanted to see how much I could complete of the game without a guide. Just trying to find 100% of everything and get as strong as possible. That was a year ago though, but I'm on disc 3, guess I'll dust it off and pick up where I left off Saturday.

I agree with you 100%. I hated X4 when it first came out. His sprite was too big and the game felt super cheap. The whole flow of the X series changed and it pissed me off. But I got x5 and I enjoyed that so I go the urge to go back and try to give x4 a shot. It was fun but I got annoyed at the final boss and didnt play it again. So I am going to give it another chance this time around.
  • Cheap_ScrubCheap_Scrub Random Generic Bullshit Joined: Posts: 172
    Ninja Gaiden 3

I hadn't played the game when it was new but what with the Xbox release I though I'd go back and give it a shot.

It's total shit.:mad: Take everything I loved about the first game and get rid of it. Take all the things they fucked up in the second game and make 'em worse. Take the few things that are slight improvements in the second game and leave them out too.

And one of the worst fuckin things is the sound.:bluu:
  • R.P.D rookieR.P.D rookie Totally Destructed Joined: Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by Flooper

I agree with you 100%. I hated X4 when it first came out. His sprite was too big and the game felt super cheap. The whole flow of the X series changed and it pissed me off. But I got x5 and I enjoyed that so I go the urge to go back and try to give x4 a shot. It was fun but I got annoyed at the final boss and didnt play it again. So I am going to give it another chance this time around.

Yeah, that final boss is what stopped me from finishing the game.:bluu: Just too many parts to it. Damn, my hats off to all that got past it.
    "Come up in that fucken cornfield!!" --Rocky L Rose
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hey can anyone throw out some suggestions for games to play? I've got like 100+ games I haven't finished or even opened yet. :(

Don't feel bad, look at my things to do list. Plus to make matters worse I won't allow myself to play one rpg untill I've gotten the other out of the way.

Vagrant Story- Had this game when it firs came out and still haven't finished it. I just keep putting it off.
    Legend of Legai
    Chrono Cross- Unopened
    Final Fantasy 9- Unopened
    Valkarie Profile- Unopend
    Final Fantasy 10- Unopend
    Final Fantasy 10-2- Un opend
    Tenchu 2- Pretty far in this one. I got it when it fist came out and I have played it in like 3 years.
    Kingdom hearts- Just got it a week ago and I'm at about 6 hours in.

There are a few more, but I can't remember what they are. The worst part about it is that I play Final Fantasy Tactics every single day for at least 4+ hours. What the hell is up with that.

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
    Originally posted by OmNiExiZt

Don't feel bad, look at my things to do list. Plus to make matters worse I won't allow myself to play one rpg untill I've gotten the other out of the way.

Vagrant Story- Had this game when it firs came out and still haven't finished it. I just keep putting it off.
    Legend of Legai
    Chrono Cross- Unopened
    Final Fantasy 9- Unopened
    Valkarie Profile- Unopend
    Final Fantasy 10- Unopend
    Final Fantasy 10-2- Un opend
    Tenchu 2- Pretty far in this one. I got it when it fist came out and I have played it in like 3 years.
    Kingdom hearts- Just got it a week ago and I'm at about 6 hours in.

There are a few more, but I can't remember what they are. The worst part about it is that I play Final Fantasy Tactics every single day for at least 4+ hours. What the hell is up with that.

*ONEZ*

Oh man, you don't even want to see the boxes I have that are filled with unfinished games. Tehn I have a shelf of unopend games such as:

Dragon Warror VII
    Skies of Arcadia
    Chu Chu Rocket
    GTA Vice City
    The Sims
    Star Fox Adventures
    Need For Speed: High Stakes
    Mega Man Battle Network 2-3
    Advance Wars

Oh man. I am soooooo behind on my gaming. I also don't work on more than one RPG at once either. Its just too draining for me.
  • OmNiExiZtOmNiExiZt Fuckin Up Yo IgZiStEnce Joined: Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot about my vice city. I got it when it first came out and the only reason it got any playtime is because a friend of minds fired it up. We took turns playing it at that time. I did like one mission, fooled around with the cars, killed a few inocent people and haven't played it since. I then let him borrow it and he finished it like in a week or to. But you want to here the bad thing about our situation. We've got the nerve to sit around when we're bored complaing about we have nothing to do. Oh there's plenty to do allright, how about playing one of those damn games. BTW I do plan on getting a GBASP with pokemon sapphire and Pokemon Coliseum. Will I play it for more than an hour? Who knows, but at least I'll have it.:D Right now it's just April and I have every intention of finishing up all those games before the year is out. I have to admit that I plan on using a game shark to be Vagrant Story because its too damn complicated mixing wepon parts and the game is difficult as fuck. This will be one of the first games that I have to cheat to beat. Oh well. Maybe if we didn't waste so much time on SRK we'd actually get some games done. I still haven't played Devil May Cry or any of the Omnimusha series and I want to really bad. I just got Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia and Residen Evil ZERO. I played Prince of Persia for about 15 min. I enjoyed it what little time I did play it. Put it on the back burner like I do all the other games and my friend who's at my house now is like 6 hours into it. I don't mind though, as far as I can see I'm playing the game through him. Oh, did I mention that I still haven't beaten Wind Waker yet?

*ONEZ*
    *ONEZ*
    Omni-Exizt - Demi-God
    The embodiment of thought in all Creation. Determined that all living things, including humans, desire the destruction of Earth. Plans on destroying not only Earth, but all of Creation.
    The secret of life-:snka::snkb::snkb: :snka: START
  • oORYUOooORYUOo yes Joined: Posts: 462
    all types of fighting games
    Halo
    Breath of Fire III
    Splinter Cell

Probably play halo on xbconnect the most. The regular game is great. I still cant believe they delayed part 2 till fall...bastards.

BoFIII is hella fun. splicing genes to make different types of dragons is a challenge sometimes, but i dont have many genes yet. i saw what my friend was making, and all i have to say is: :eek:

i'm still on the first level of splinter cell, havent gotten a chance to play much. i did play pandora tommorow though. playing online with this game is fun too.
    Fuck yeah Dan Marino!
    If I keep playing EX+@ tonight and I can probably finish it with the rest of the fighters. Then I'll check out the other modes.

(Thinks about starting Splinter Cell)
    Originally posted by oORYUOo
    BoFIII is hella fun. splicing genes to make different types of dragons is a challenge sometimes, but i dont have many genes yet. i saw what my friend was making, and all i have to say is: :eek:

I don't wanna spoil anything, but there is a gene splice you can't control...but there is a way of controlling it, as I later found out after killing my team off on accident a couple of times. :rolleyes:
  • InfiniDragonInfiniDragon Joined: Posts: 1,163
    Originally posted by OrangeCat
    Sword of Mana: Sucks ass. Leveling up in it is frustrating and most of the side quests or assignments are too abstract to really keep the flow of the game going. You have to really take your time, and I'm the type of person who does take my time.

The helper AI is postively retarded, not knowing how to avoid anything, and the menu system is agrivating at best. To switch weapons and sprits, you have to essentially pause battle for a good 5 seconds to get things straight, not to mention that every enemy is weak to a certain weapon, one of which you have to cycle through about a dozen weapons to find out which is the most effective. For boss battles, it is postively pathetic, especially when your partner has nothing useful at all to contribute, they are better off dead.

a bad game, unless you can stand a total stop and go distruption in gameplay, it's otherwise a good game.

OC

I tried to warn you guys...I played it on emulator before making a judgement, and God, am I glad I didn't blow 40 bucks on that crap. Any RPG where the final boss dies in 30 seconds without ANY special weapons or training is worthless. :wtf: And the ending wasn't too hot, either.

So in case nobody got the memo...

DON'T BUY SWORD OF MANA. IT SUCKS.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by Satsujin

I don't wanna spoil anything, but there is a gene splice you can't control...but there is a way of controlling it, as I later found out after killing my team off on accident a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know what you're talking about...

Breath of Fire 3 Spoilers:

the "Kaiser" form, right? If I remember right, there's two ways of controlling Kaiser; the BS "Failure" gene way, and the real way (forgot the combination).

End Spoilers
    Originally Posted by VG Emblem:
    So refusing to buy a game because it has inferior controls/gameplay is being more of a tool than refusing to buy it because it has subpar graphics?
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Playing P.N.03, and honestly it's a highly under rated game. It's a lot of fun, great graphics, chick's ass bouncing all over the place, not highly challenging...until you get to Level 9. It's a bit repetitive but it's a really fun game to play.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • akumachanakumachan The haters have arrived Joined: Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by Shin-Mech-Brian
    Playing P.N.03, and honestly it's a highly under rated game. It's a lot of fun, great graphics, chick's ass bouncing all over the place, not highly challenging...until you get to Level 9. It's a bit repetitive but it's a really fun game to play.

agreed.

except for the boucing ass thing.
    I love a guy with a HUGE vocabulary.
    Originally posted by InfiniDragon615
    Oh, I know what you're talking about...

Yep, I'd be in pinches where I would need that power. And that power PZONED me.
    <
    was looking forward to Sword of Mana:(

In other news, SFEX+@ continues to rock. I like new fighters like Kairi, D.Dark and Skullmania. Great additions to the series.:)
  • fatherbrainfatherbrain Zangief user Joined: Posts: 676
    On MMX4, the final boss is actually not too hard at all. espically with Zero. Use flame on the first part, and you'll whip his ass. With X himself, charge up flame and hit him one good time and he dies. Second part, use electricity, and third part, take tyour time. Ground Hunter helps a lot there.

And on Ex+ Alpha, I'm stuck on Bisons last expert mode one and one other. all the others I've done.
    Remember kids, Giefy goodness in every slam!

The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train.
    Originally posted by fatherbrain
    On MMX4, the final boss is actually not too hard at all. espically with Zero. Use flame on the first part, and you'll whip his ass. With X himself, charge up flame and hit him one good time and he dies. Second part, use electricity, and third part, take tyour time. Ground Hunter helps a lot there.

And on Ex+ Alpha, I'm stuck on Bisons last expert mode one and one other. all the others I've done.

The fact that the final boss was Sigma YET A FUCKING AGAIN was what really broke the broke the final straw. God how I am sick of his ugly ass. Could they really not come up with something a lil more creative than a pansy with a light sabre that jumps wall to wall in every game. Okay, maybe not every game, but it sure feels like it. Now with this new direction the X series is going in, Capcom has begun hammering in the final nail for Mega Man. Owell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file