Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The "Currently Playing" Game Thread-Discuss Your Games, Vent, Give Props, etc.

Comments

• NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Exodus. wrote: »
    As far as what I'm playing now: Laddering in Rocket League, new season starts soon and I've been playing pretty solid so I'd like to see where I rank after everyone resets. I also picked up Grim Fandango despite my distaste for point and clicks, but it's pretty fun so far.
    NeloVergil wrote: »
    NeloVergil wrote: »

Yo.

Raven for life.

[~^~]

Damn son, your one of the few. I was Valor and I loved our sabotage map. That map was godlike. All the tryhards and edgelords went straight to SVER.

I played with all 3 factions at one point. Valor was definitely my second favorite to play as but I got into one of the better/best clans [albeit during a downtime when the OIC was pretty afk and I was only ever just "pretty good" but we still won a fuck high percentage of our games] on Raven so I stayed there for a long time.

Valor's guns were the best, too. The P90 was dope for Raven but I always grabbed Valor's ARs when I came across them.

I absolutely loved the Valor LMGs and their shotguns. The LMG, 2nd teir, was just way too good with a reflex scope on it. Aside from going shotgun with all your stealth shit was fun too.

I remember liking Ravens snipers and ARs too. Rapid fire snipers and ARs with a high clip count.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    My HC Warder in Grim Dawn is lelz levels of stupid.

The only real annoyance is Thalonis.

Dude is 20 minutes straight of straight tedium.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,963 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    I think I'm going to quit Trails in the Sky SC. The combat is already slow-paced, but these final battles are just tedious. I don't like spending upwards of 30 minutes only to get killed by BS. I think I'll spoil the rest of the game...I liked the story enough to get this far, but I felt increasing frustration over the combat system and the things it does to draw out battles.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • KurokunKurokun Joined: Posts: 2,190
    edited June 2016
    King9999 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to quit Trails in the Sky SC. The combat is already slow-paced, but these final battles are just tedious. I don't like spending upwards of 30 minutes only to get killed by BS. I think I'll spoil the rest of the game...I liked the story enough to get this far, but I felt increasing frustration over the combat system and the things it does to draw out battles.

XQhLwt6.gif
    Post edited by Kurokun on
    Ultimate%20Zero%20Deaths_zpsblrar8dy.png

:coffee:

Soon my HC lass is going to do it, as well.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    9 hours in Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir LOL @ any other game trying to compete with this perfection.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • NeloVergilNeloVergil Joined: Posts: 3,032
    Since witcher is lost somewhere in the mail I had Ninja Gaiden Sigma sent in to cry as I play in the meanwhile. So this'll be my first real foray into the ninja gaiden universe.
    PSN: NeloVergil8909
    CFN: KingII

"Growth creates repulsion, accelerate the growth!
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    still plugging away at hyrule warriors trying to clear adventure maps and get skulltulla's.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • GasarakiGasaraki Joined: Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was one trophy away from platinum-ing Odin Sphere, so I decided might as well get it, and got it last night. Still planning to keep playing it for quite a while though lol. This game is just so freaking amazing
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,222
    Playing Company of Heroes multiplayer. Man that game is hard
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    Just got a digital copy of MW2 for PS3, I can't fucking stand what's going with BO2 right now :c

Anyhow whats the best of the best in MW2?

Best Weapons: Shield/dual magnums

Best Perks: Commando/Cold-Blooded/Scavenger

Best Equipment: Stun Nades/Throwing Knives

Best Maps: All

I'm BIG on spawn-trapping, if that means anything.....
    Hecajon wrote: »
    how to be good at MW2, use scavenger, and use noob tubes, and claymores.

Scrub tactics. Get good like me -

Edit - I no longer have a dope pc so I dont game much. My friends/roommates let me use their 360 and PS3. I use the PS3 mostly for the same thing I used mine for in the past - netflix and streaming movies/shows from my computer. I put a few of my games on there and have been playing a little Read Dead Redemption. I can play some games on this pathetic laptop, indie type games with 16-bit graphics and shit. Ive been playing Lone Survivor on it lately.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,018
    I hate to say it... but after playing Shantae and The Pirate's Curse I'm pretty underwhelmed with Risky's Revenge.

I wonder if it's because I'm playing it on my PC. If I had been playing it on a DS I feel like it might be a little better. It's just like... really simple compared to TPC.

I'm also on the last boss of MN9. Some of the mechanics in that game really piss me off. Like how the E-Tanks don't last through death and stuff and the checkpointing doesn't let you go back and refill it if you die.
    gl hf dd ka.
    Playing Star Ocean 5 and Zero Time Dilemma. I have a long weekend, so I can finally relax and put a lot of time into ZTD. Star Ocean 5 is not bad so far, but I'll be sad if they don't have some sort of fast travel later on since they make you revisit areas. I like that they let you have your entire party out at once instead of the usual 3-4 person parties. You can have up to 7 people in your party, and can control 6 of them (for story reasons, you can't control Relia). I'm looking forward to the late game where everyone has presumably broken shit. It's going to be chaos. I'll definitely be making a tier list of the characters like I did for the last 2 games.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • CombodreamerCombodreamer Scrub Joined: Posts: 30
    I've been playing a lot of of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 as well as MGS3. I loved these games when I was younger and I find it convenient that there are HD remasters. I'll be getting FFX HD pretty soon here, too.
    PSN ID: Combodreamer
    "The meaning of life is to conquer." - 7x Mr. Olympia Arnold Schwarzenegger
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,284
    Found out about The Pinball Arcade a few days ago. Game recreates classic pinball arcade machines, even has the same audio and score displays from the original machines. Comes with 4 games with a bunch more available as DLC. Always been a fan of pinball so this is pretty addictive.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - VS: Felicia
    Gasaraki wrote: »
    I was one trophy away from platinum-ing Odin Sphere, so I decided might as well get it, and got it last night. Still planning to keep playing it for quite a while though lol. This game is just so freaking amazing

The game seems A LOT easier than I remembered it being, on the PS2.

Probably my lag sensitivity reacting to the massive frame buff.

• infrequent lurkerinfrequent lurker I'm not here Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Currently playing Batman: Arkham City. Man this game is gorgeous.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Went about 12ish years back--started a new game of Grand Theft Auto Vice City with the intention to 100% complete it.

Pray for me, fam.

Last time I attempted this I beat the game at 99% completion and never figured out what I missed to make it 100%. Gonna have a thorough check list this time around.
    Still playing Grim Dawn.

Got a bunch of Aether + Lightning stuff, so I'm currently leveling a Druid, for giggles.

Azure wrote: »

It IS easier because the abilities your characters have are so much massively stronger. They did buff enemies in some ways but even on Hard it's pretty imbalanced towards the player. Eventually I just tried to finish battles without using any items or healing to make it more of a challenge. It is quite fun when you do that though, and overall I love the game.

It IS easier because the abilities your characters have are so much massively stronger. They did buff enemies in some ways but even on Hard it's pretty imbalanced towards the player. Eventually I just tried to finish battles without using any items or healing to make it more of a challenge. It is quite fun when you do that though, and overall I love the game.

I got through all of the first part the Valkyrie section (before her sleep and love spell), hitting S on everything but the very first training stage area, without items, on normal, so yeah.

I got through all of the first part the Valkyrie section (before her sleep and love spell), hitting S on everything but the very first training stage area, without items, on normal, so yeah.

Well, one good thing is that the game gets harder as you go on, even into new characters. The new characters do start at level one, so the enemies also once again start out lower, but the enemy composition gradually gets more difficult, so it keeps up a brisk pace of "fun, light challenge" throughout the entire play through. The only real chokepoints are the trials, and then, only if you don't use potions.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Im sorry but ya'll a bunch of bustas playing...whatever is new. MW2 owns all of the games you play. Y'all just a bunch of bitch ass busta ass chumps that cant handle...well, shit. Fuck you suckas. I would run all of you bustas in any COD that is current. Shit is just easy wins.
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    drizzt360 wrote: »
    Im sorry but ya'll a bunch of bustas playing...whatever is new. MW2 owns all of the games you play. Y'all just a bunch of bitch ass busta ass chumps that cant handle...well, shit. Fuck you suckas. I would run all of you bustas in any COD that is current. Shit is just easy wins.

I hope Vynce breaks the Guinness Book record for personal vendetta Snipe Kills on you.

:coffee:

;)

edited July 2016
    Viewtiful Joe 2

The "brand new" copy that I bought from Best Buy is empty and it's too late for me to take it back since I bought it years ago. Muthafucka!
    Post edited by infrequent lurker on
    Viewtiful Joe 2

The "brand new" copy that I bought from Best Buy is empty and it's too late for me to take it back since I bought years ago. Muthafucka!

I still have mine.

I'm not using it.

Want to buy it?

I take care of my discs, too.

Employees at Gamestop used to just stare at them stunned, back when I used to trade them in.

Viewtiful Joe 2

The "brand new" copy that I bought from Best Buy is empty and it's too late for me to take it back since I bought years ago. Muthafucka!

I still have mine.

I'm not using it.

Want to buy it?

Employees at Gamestop used to just stare at them stunned, back when I used to trade them in.

Man I just spent $15 ordering it from Amazon. What were you willing to sell it for?

I fucking hate duels in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,622

Damn really? I actually enjoyed those a lot lol. Added another layer to that western style
    edited July 2016
    Viewtiful Joe 2

I still have mine.

I'm not using it.

Want to buy it?

Man I just spent $15 ordering it from Amazon. What were you willing to sell it for?

How much is it from the zon plus shipping, abd where are you?

If I can still get a handful of bucks out of it, and it's worth the shipping for you, I'll definitely help you out.

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,506
    edited July 2016
    I just had a three level multiplayer session of RAW DATA and feel like I just took part in an exercise since you can't cheat the attacks by shaking the controller, I feel VERY healthy and my serotonin has been boosted

RD_BuhBye.gif
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51
    Picked up Broforce last weekend and it's a blast, awesome if you like 80s/90s action movies.
    DrellyFish wrote: »

Damn really? I actually enjoyed those a lot lol. Added another layer to that western style

I just struggle with them lol.

Those fucking brothers...
    gl hf dd ka.
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,622
    DrellyFish wrote: »

I just struggle with them lol.

Those fucking brothers...

Yeah fuck those brothers. I died a few times to them lolol
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,116
    Got addicted to Earth Defense Force 4.1 on PS4

Now I'm wondering why the hell did I waste any part of my life on Borderlands Tedious B.S.

This is what those games should have been. Offering thousands of guns.
    - Actually millions or billions as a touted feature, but in effect, absolutely not really. They got those numbers wrong. BS math.
    • No fluff.
    • No pressing control sticks down to run shaky cam head bobbing.
    • No very bad humor attempts for more appeal and because of a big budget with too many hands in the pot.
      This game -- Pick up a weapon, that just says weapon and stands out as an item pickup, find what you got later.
    • Not sit there comparing stats on your already full limited inventory slots to leave one there and still 30 minutes left to go back to town or a vending machine and sort it all out.
    • You have to pickup all this dumb shit to afford to buy something that rarely pops up, to better stat pad your character.
    • Taking 100's of hours to get any better, wow man +2 DEEP character growth, doing the same playthru's, and not being able to chose the same mission ever more than once.
    • Very bad design, Borderlands.

Man the scale of the spaceships you take down and fall in front of you, impeding your path for a few seconds. And the scale of stages in the cityscapes. Too many damn Japanese houses and neighborhoods in your way. Anything you see you can go jetpack up and stand on top of. All destructible too with the right weapons 2*. Or I found out standing on top of one too long, the enemies can take it down too.

Somehow all the electric guns the flying witch has going on don't break anything but trees. I didn't want to play this low health weak shot character at first, but found out she has basically the best guns and weapons I could find so far.

- Lightning Shotgun that tracks and multihits for up to 900 damage, doesn't run out of energy until you run out of bullets. Other guns are tied directly to your energy/flying jetpack fuel. So if you run out, you are sitting cannon fodder while that thing takes forever to recharge and you can't shoot. Not with this thing as long as its loaded, at 0 shots left it auto reloads and takes 60% of the meter though, a pain/meter management.

- Grenade :beta: that sometimes doesn't work, damn it, but when it does its great to be its own spray everywhere any directions energy ball turret. Plug up the only way for bugs to reach you entrances in those go down their caves missions.

Game doesn't need an install, does have a quick patch to download after you pop it in.
    Big 40 page manual, not half in French, everything in the game covered pretty much, expecting you to read it too with no real tutorial, a true throwback.
    Now coming from too much REsident Evil Revelations 2, they do need enemy killed count/enemies left if they're feeling generous and that does make sense. And Mission time elapsed and records, how long it took you to beat the stage, so you can remember short missions from long ones. Something like 90 missions plus DLC missions? Haven't played one with a driveable vehicle yet and they are leading up to the kaiju killing Pacific Rim robot vs their Godzilla.

My support class guy picked up that as a vehicle drop, but I think it needs like tons of time to get the credits in the mission itself from enemy kills to even call it in as a supply drop.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

Currently playing KOF14. Having trouble deciding on a team, many characters seem good. I think I'll start with Luong, Love, and Ryo.

Also playing Goldeneye: Source 5.0. Anyone else play this? We should try to have an SRK group going.
  • OhioNitsudOhioNitsud Joined: Posts: 81
    King9999 wrote: »
    Also playing Goldeneye: Source 5.0. Anyone else play this? We should try to have an SRK group going.

I'm playing that too. One of my favorite shooters atm. I played a couple hours in 2013 and glad I'm back in it. I'm also playing that Ghost in the Shell shooter. I like it for the most part but some times the netcode makes me want to drop it. In between those two, I been playing Elder Scrolls Online. It's the only MMO I've enjoyed playing for as long as I have ever.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    i've been playing knack and it suuuuucks
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • DTJBDTJB Lazy Man's Artist Joined: Posts: 1,284
    Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Wanted to expand my Game Boy collection and this seemed like a good choice.

Game focuses on puzzle solving and completing objectives to advance so it only becomes action based when necessary. Takes some cues from prior entries in the franchise (8 key objects need to be collected to reach the final level, acquire a musical instrument to go back and forth through time, talking tree) so it feels kinda lazy to reuse these elements, but there are still some original ideas to keep it all fresh. Enjoying it so far.

On a side note, I find myself surprised that there's a game with so much content on such a little cartridge (I've played Game Boy titles before so I shouldn't be that amazed), and yet the 3DS and PSVita games eclipse that by a large degree. This is what I get for being behind the times.
    Working hard to get noticed.
    Put something in the music threads, good chance I'll like it.
    3S: Makoto - KOF13: Terry/Shen/Kula - VS: Felicia
    DTJB wrote: »
    Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. Wanted to expand my Game Boy collection and this seemed like a good choice.

Game focuses on puzzle solving and completing objectives to advance so it only becomes action based when necessary. Takes some cues from prior entries in the franchise (8 key objects need to be collected to reach the final level, acquire a musical instrument to go back and forth through time, talking tree) so it feels kinda lazy to reuse these elements, but there are still some original ideas to keep it all fresh. Enjoying it so far.

On a side note, I find myself surprised that there's a game with so much content on such a little cartridge (I've played Game Boy titles before so I shouldn't be that amazed), and yet the 3DS and PSVita games eclipse that by a large degree. This is what I get for being behind the times.

Make sure you also play Oracle of Seasons at some point. The two games can interact with each other.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file