SO MANY scrub players....

Comments

• AlbedoAlbedo Is a legs man. Joined: Posts: 209
    Its called counter throwing, try it out sometime.

Counter throwing? Do explain! Or do you mean teching?
  • xstancexxstancex Joined: Posts: 57
    All I'm trying say here is that there is a higher level of play... Street fighter has been out forever now, and these kinds of games that are played at a higher level shape the game into something else. A great example would be Super Smash brothers Melee, I remember playing that game at first thinking I mastered it. Then I randomly stumbled upon a video online showing a SSBB tournament. I was fricken AMAZED when I saw that, people utilizing wave dashing, edge defense and all this craziness. I thought to myself, wow... this game is completely something different when played at a higher level, that makes it SO much more fun to watch, and apparently, so much more fun to play.

Now anyone watch SSF2T combo videos? Yes a lot of those aren't doable in a real match, but someone I faced did something very very similar to the things I saw on that.... and I was like wow SSF2T played at this level, that's insane...

So if this is what Street Figher is all about just poking turtling, throwing all day, then I'm sorry, you guys are right.... I didn't know that this was the way to play this game. It's just after all these years, I thought a game like this would've evolved into something different.

Those combo videos you see are just for show, most of the time they're impratical. Why struggle in performing a 15 hit combo when a 3 hit combo is sufficient, efficient, and easier to perform?

If you ever watched tournie videos of ST from evo, you'll see that hardly ever is there a "big" KO combo. It's all about mixups, throws, pokes, "intercepting" your opponent, and exploiting an opponent's weakness. Like others have said, play to win by any means necessary.

The only time you'll ever see huge combos from original ST are from Fei Long, rekka kicks + cl. Fierce + rekka ken combos rox.

Besides, the combos that you've seen all start from either a little poke or crossup. So, what do you do when all those fancy crossups and combos are getting 100% blocked, you throw.
    Those combo videos you see are just for show, most of the time they're impratical. Why struggle in performing a 15 hit combo when a 3 hit combo is sufficient, efficient, and easier to perform?

If you ever watched tournie videos of ST from evo, you'll see that hardly ever is there a "big" KO combo. It's all about mixups, throws, pokes, "intercepting" your opponent, and exploiting an opponent's weakness. Like others have said, play to win by any means necessary.

The only time you'll ever see huge combos from original ST are from Fei Long, rekka kicks + cl. Fierce + rekka ken combos rox.

Besides, the combos that you've seen all start from either a little poke or crossup. So, what do you do when all those fancy crossups and combos are getting 100% blocked, you throw.

Not all of it is for show, you can actually pull off some of those in a real match, I mentioned in the post you quoted that I faced someone before who did something SIMILAR to things you'd see in those kinds of videos, but mostly 3 and 4 hit combos.... maybe once or twice a 5 hit...

I can do the basic 3 hit combos, but I do it to win, not to show off.... Different fighting strategy I guess....
  • AudioCGAudioCG Bang The Machine Joined: Posts: 877
    Counter throwing? Do explain! Or do you mean teching?

Not quite, teching (throw soften) reduces the damage, a counter throw will end up with you throwing your opponent when they try to repeatedly throw you.

In Classic ST there were nasty, nasty throw loops, they have all been nerfed in HDR.

Also, you can reversal out of throw attempts.

Antolalism (jesus, I know I didnt spell that one right.) and Gishdeath are both very skilled at tick throwing (they are both good at a variety of other tactics as well, but I am going to use them in my example quite simply because they are very skilled at said tactic)

Now, for example, Kens knee bash, repeated with a quick jump in jab x knee bash, its a nasty loop, but if you know its coming, you can take the hit and counter throw, or use a reversal move, in this example, I saw he (Antolalism) was coming in for the loop, I quickly bust out my super with Sagat (because I was then invincible for the jumping jab), and pow, massive damage in the face. (He still raped me in that match, he is a beast, but it is a recent example in my mind of how to get out of throw loops)

Also, some characters have very fast throws, like Vega, and can counter throw certain tick setups after blocking.

Gish likes to bite my face alot, and I have countless times counter thrown his bite with Sagat, done it with Guile too, same for Honda. (Not to say my face doesnt get raped all the time, it does, but it works against him as well, its a counterable tactic)

Throws are a vital weapon in HDR/ST, several characters would be badly weakened if they did not have some throw antics. All they are is a tool in your arsenal, one more option too add to your spacing and mind games.

An example:

Guile, pushes an opponent back into a corner, from here he has some brutal mix up options, Boom xx overhead, Boom xx cr.fwd, boom xx back.rnd, boom xx walk in throw, jump in.shrt xx throw, meaty xx FK, etc.

It just boils down to mind games, if you anticipate a throw set up, know what your options are, and respond accordingly, it takes practice, its not always super easy or anything like that, but it works.

Its all about finding your characters proper spacing, and trying to control it, instead of just reacting, you CAN force a turtle out (usually with throws/tick setups!), you CAN punish a tick throw, and you CAN punish predictable, repeated moves, it takes skill and timing to unleash a constant barrage of attacks, every pattern has a response, idenitfy it, learn the counter, and excecute it.

Sure, there are some bad matchups/counter picks, and Akuma is a dick, but for the most part, there are counter strats for every matchup, some are harder then others (Gief vs Sim) but they are still do-able.

Throws are a serious threat in HDR/ST, the fact that you have to get so very close to your opponent IS a risk, if your throw attempt gets read, there are several things your opponent can do to fuck you right up, like something simple, like walking back a touch and unleashing a fancy combo on your UNBLOCKING, foe. (can that be hard? Yuppers, this game is fuggin hardcore sometimes, but we love that)
    AV provided by Savaii
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    So if this is what Street Figher is all about just poking turtling, throwing all day, then I'm sorry, you guys are right.... I didn't know that this was the way to play this game. It's just after all these years, I thought a game like this would've evolved into something different.

Look at those videos:

3 throws in the second match - 1st round. Is it cheap ? Hell no, if he didn't Sagat could have ripped his ass...

Once again, throws !
    In the last match Balrog gets tricked by the fireball and then eats the super => that's the kind of mind game that's great about ST...
    And the last round is just great, balrog saved by throws yet again.

This is high level ST. Welcome to the real world, neo.

I'll just add no one forces you to play like that. Anyway it requires a huge amount of practice and dedication, and not everyone is gonna have the time/motivation for it. But just don't call everyone a scrub because they don't play with YOUR rules.
    Unless they're your friends and you agreed on em.
  • faux123faux123 Tryin' Cammy Harder Joined: Posts: 1,069
    Look at those videos:

3 throws in the second match - 1st round. Is it cheap ? Hell no, if he didn't Sagat could have ripped his ass...

Once again, throws !
    In the last match Balrog gets tricked by the fireball and then eats the super => that's the kind of mind game that's great about ST...

I'll just add no one forces you to play like that. Anyway it requires a huge amount of practice and dedication, and not everyone is gonna have the time/motivation for it. But just don't call everyone a scrub because they don't play with YOUR rules.

Agreed, the 2nd video was nice. Nice comeback for boxer. Without the tick->head butt, the boxer had almost no chance since he was so far behind in life. ChunLi player relaxed a bit since he was so much ahead. Had the ChunLi player be more careful, he would have countered those tick->throws. ChunLi lost because he got careless (by the fact he used his super from so far away shows he was relaxing and hoping the super will tick away the remaining life, common major mistake even for pros).

As Cammy player, I have no projectile attacks, so against turtles, often time tick->throw is the only option of winning. I chain my attacks quite often (j.mp->c.mp->c.mk->drill) but if they block them all, I don't care how fancy my combos are, they are useless. So once again tick->throw happens. Tick->throw is only effective if the opponent is not anticipating them, otherwise, against good wake up reversals, its very dangerous to pull it off.

When I get dizzy from attacks, I want my opponent to throw me on purpose so I can tech their throws and lessen my damage. So as you can see, throw sometimes work against you when did it on the wrong time.
    Visit WWW.CANONSPIKE.COM for complete joystick modding tutorials :sweat:
    :mp:+:mk::r::r::dp::hp::hk::mp:+:mk::r::r::dp::hk::mp:+:mk::l::l::qcf::qcf::3k: FTW!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/faux123
    Syxx573 - "Charge characters can never reach their full potential...because they're always holding back"
    Look at those videos:

Once again, throws !

Sorry if I'm implying everyone is a scrub, what I'm trying to say is that I find too many people in online play that play like this, and for the most part, it's really really annoying.

Everyone has a different style I guess...

AudioCG:

Oh ok I get what you're saying, thanks for the info. If people want to throw all day, then heck I guess I have to resort to such things...
    Sorry if I'm implying everyone is a scrub, what I'm trying to say is that I find too many people in online play that play like this, and for the most part, it's really really annoying.

Everyone has a different style I guess...

AudioCG:

Oh ok I get what you're saying, thanks for the info. If people want to throw all day, then heck I guess I have to resort to such things...

Resort?

I thought fancy 5+ hit combos where your style? Answer to example #1 was the flashiest move I had, on wake up, as a reversal.

Also, if ya see nuttin but throws, back up, and unleash your high damage combos, use crazy cross up combos and bust your opponents face, or, counter throw them out, and scare them away from that tactic.

Its the game man, and its been around for a long time, still rolls with the big boys at the tourneys (heck, it IS the big boy IMHO).

Not using throws in ST/HDR borders on retarded.
    AV provided by Savaii
    $10 saying this dude plays ken and spams jab dp or will do fireball fireball, wait, fierce dp no matter what

I'll take that bet, I take Paypal. ID: Reviticus

Oh wait? You weren't serious?
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,728
    Whenever my life is on the line in real life, I just spam fireballs.

Like Guile says, "When in doubt, I Sonic Boom."

Anyways, why is this thread still open?

EDIT: Oh shit, I just noticed the OP's PSN ID. LOL... My cousin(your casual beginner player) was playing him in friendly quick match. Owned him. LOL!!!!! LOLL!!!!!!!!!!! Omg.

This is ban-worthy.
    Look at those videos:

Once again, throws !

WOW that first video was awesome, but honestly NO ONE ONLINE PLAYS LIKE THAT. Welcome to the real world.

That video was actually a GREAT example of what I'm talking about. JC was sitting back spamming fireballs. DU however was mixing it up, and actually doing COMBOS and look, he end up winning the match.

THIS is what I'm talking about.
    Yeah ? Well that's what most players are trying to achieve though.
    And while most won't ever get to that level, i've encountered some really good players on xbox live.
    They owned me since i'm not good enough (yet) to be able to compare to them, but i'll be (when i get a stick i should be better anyway hah, shitty xbox pad).
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,588
    Thread sucks, anyways...

Scrubby player
    |
    <
    |

And ''cheap'' doesnt exist in my dictionnary.
    Also known as LordJimmyBones.

ST: Rog, O.Ken, Claw
    GGXrd: Leo
    SFV: Rog, Guile, Claw, Sim
    Ugh. I wish I got tick thrown a lot online. Instead I eat jump rh into sweep like 500 times, until I just start doing nothing but antiairing.

It's like the only move I need with sim is st.fwd kick and jab in 99% of online games.

I had 3 people curse me out today because I sat in the corner and threw maxouts and upkicked or slid every jumpin with Deejay. "be a man and get close."

Well listen shithead. If you play a character who excels up close (gief, honda, blanka, etc) - and I play a character who is better at range than you (deejay, sim), it is ridiculous for me to play your game.

If the only way to win with honor was to do it up close and personal with combos and shit, everyone would play characters without projectiles, because if you take out projectiles, these other characters are just flat out better.
  • somasoma Jeepers! Joined: Posts: 44
    Well listen shithead. If you play a character who excels up close (gief, honda, blanka, etc) - and I play a character who is better at range than you (deejay, sim), it is ridiculous for me to play your game.

Sounds like scrub-talk to me. '_'
    Wat ?
  • EtotheNGSPDEtotheNGSPD Gief Power Joined: Posts: 884
    ^^ lol, what he is trying to say is, if you play a character that is good at a distance like Dee Jay, Ryu, and Sagat, is not a very good idea get close to a character like Gief, Hawk or Honda, if you are a zoner you cant play a Grappler game. get it?.
    The Next time we meet im going to break your arms.
    Spun Uncontrollably Skyward... Driven Brutaly Into the Ground.
    Zangief's express line is Open who, is Next???
    Thanks to Luciano Leone, that AV is Fucking Awesome Bro.
    I remember everyone around here considered throwing "cheap". So if you were to accidentally throw someone in a match you'd do something called "respect" and let the other guy throw you back haha, good ol days... I dunno that might've been just a thing that started around here, I dunno if anything like that ever existed in the States...

The fuck? You English? If so, get the fuck outta my country, Scrub. Only players who bitched about throws in the "good ol days" would get tap-tapped to shit. Learn the game, you've had what, 14 years pussy?
    WOW that first video was awesome, but honestly NO ONE ONLINE PLAYS LIKE THAT.

I do.

X360: King of Fanta
    ^^ lol, what he is trying to say is, if you play a character that is good at a distance like Dee Jay, Ryu, and Sagat, is not a very good idea get close to a character like Gief, Hawk or Honda, if you are a zoner you cant play a Grappler game. get it?.
    Yeah, that's soma i didn't get ^^
    Mostly since pokken made perfect sense to me.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What are you supposed to do if someone just sits in the corner if you can't throw or use fireballs? Especially if you don't got an overhead?

So you're saying if I play you and get the lead on damage, you'd be okay with me sitting in the corner and you won't fb spam or throw me? Why would anyone be scared to play you?
    O_o
  • Person-ManPerson-Man Funky-Strong Joined: Posts: 1,007
    Man, I have no fucking clue why you guys are complaining about scrubs online. I get to pick Blanka and j.LK > tick throw for free all day. It's so Zuesdamn fun. I should switch to Zangief so that I can Body Splash > Tick SPD all day while shouthing "GIEF! GIEF! GIEF!" into the microphone.

Hell, the very first game I played online, I picked "find game" and was paired up with a random Sagat. I picked Blanka and tried to "play smart" and he zoned me with fireballs a little. After I lost half of my health I was all "fuck this bullshit" and jumped over the fireballs like I should have to begin with, j.LK, tick bite. And then I did it again and he disconnected. I laughed my ass off.
    "No pattern! No form!" ~ Leo Kliesen

Thanks to samurai black for the new av
    Call me crazy but I don't find that fun at all :P

I miss GGPO, where high level competition was available at all hours to play endless sets. It's so hard to find quality games on XBL, and if you do you're in a six man room waiting 20 minutes in between games.
  • CaliLifeStyleCaliLifeStyle C Style Joined: Posts: 437
    Sounds like SF2 is not for you. Try SF3.
  • metalmike31216metalmike31216 The Wall Joined: Posts: 1,110
    Good players aren't defined by combos. They are defined with strategy. Strategy includes having answers for all situations. The answer a lot of the time is throwing, poking, playing defensively, things you define as scrubby. Street Fighter 2 is not a combo game. Its a game of strategy. There are many other games you could be playing if you want to see a lot of combos.
    :coffee:
    Me + Nanaya Shiki = 1 on 1 Government WORLD CHAMPIONS
    ^^^ dude, we should play some FHD/Karnov's Revenge on GGPO sometime. I'm "BlueRain" on GGPO

• metalmike31216metalmike31216 The Wall Joined: Posts: 1,110
    ^^^ dude, we should play some FHD/Karnov's Revenge on GGPO sometime. I'm "BlueRain" on GGPO

I'm trying to get GGPO to work. When I do we definitely will. I do play on 2df a lot though.
    :coffee:
    Me + Nanaya Shiki = 1 on 1 Government WORLD CHAMPIONS
  • JadowJadow I Believe Only in Beauty Joined: Posts: 222
    I should switch to Zangief so that I can Body Splash > Tick SPD all day while shouthing "GIEF! GIEF! GIEF!" into the microphone.

Mate make it happen then post it on youtube so we all can laugh at player 2
    that would be awesome, specially the "GIEF! GIEF! GIEF!" part

On a serious note...I was playin against a Pyscho Crusher "spammer"...gave me a lil trouble at first but I kicked his dictator ass like 7 games in row...then he disconnected.

I dont know what is the problem with noobs...I mean they are everywhere, they have always been.
    -- Only I understand the pain of being too strong and beautiful.
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,194
    Good players aren't defined by combos. They are defined with strategy. Strategy includes having answers for all situations. The answer a lot of the time is throwing, poking, playing defensively, things you define as scrubby. Street Fighter 2 is not a combo game. Its a game of strategy. There are many other games you could be playing if you want to see a lot of combos.

I wasn't referring to only doing combos or flashy combos (i.e. MvC2 type) but technical issues like getting combos off every time they are dizzy or those times a cross up is viable and it gets screwed up. There have been plenty of matches where I didn't jump deep enough or charge long enough that would have resulted in their death. They usually end up dying anyway, but in those cases the matches are always close and it came down to a throw or throw reversal. Until I can get those issues fixed, I don't think I'll be anything more than an intermediate player, even if I win 80% of the time.
    But... What you describe is the exact opposite of being a scrub...

ding ding ding, nothing cheap about that
    WHO GOT THE W?

When it comes down to it, that's all that matters :) I'm having to make myself learn how to fight scrubs and I think it's improving my game despite my original feelings to the contrary. Dealing with extremely unpredictable people and repetitive spammers is really forcing me to drill reacting rather than cycling.

Like, against good players I know what series of moves are likely to be safe. So I can just do that series of things and most likely be safe and defeat most of the things he/she is likely to do. And I can look at a short list as to what things he is likely to do.

Against XBL scrubs, I have to look, think, and react. I can't just go on autopilot, because there is literally no telling what the hell someone is going to do next. Jumping strong from full screen with Chun? Sure! Fierce electricity at midscreen at random? Sure! Everything is OK in the Scrub world, so it forces you to really think about what you're doing and such.

Anyway, that's what I'm taking from it :)
    WHO GOT THE W?

When it comes down to it, that's all that matters :) I'm having to make myself learn how to fight scrubs and I think it's improving my game despite my original feelings to the contrary. Dealing with extremely unpredictable people and repetitive spammers is really forcing me to drill reacting rather than cycling.

Like, against good players I know what series of moves are likely to be safe. So I can just do that series of things and most likely be safe and defeat most of the things he/she is likely to do. And I can look at a short list as to what things he is likely to do.

Against XBL scrubs, I have to look, think, and react. I can't just go on autopilot, because there is literally no telling what the hell someone is going to do next. Jumping strong from full screen with Chun? Sure! Fierce electricity at midscreen at random? Sure! Everything is OK in the Scrub world, so it forces you to really think about what you're doing and such.

If the first match consists of them jumping around doing nothing but roundhouse, sweep or roundhouse throw I'll simply just go 100% offensive the next round (or two if they actually beat me the first) and usually a blitz is all you need against that type of player.
  • TVGTVG Joined: Posts: 376
    WHO GOT THE W?

Haha, so true.
    If the first match consists of them jumping around doing nothing but roundhouse, sweep or roundhouse throw I'll simply just go 100% offensive the next round (or two if they actually beat me the first) and usually a blitz is all you need against that type of player.

This is usually when I break out the noogie shenanigans :P
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,267
    i understand the op/s pain, i was in the same boat when i started in on remix... the roundhouse roundhouse guys and srk spammers were pissing me off. i dont get to frustrated any more as most have gone or atleast gotten a little beter. plus i usually dont stay past one match, but... if you wanna have somwe fun, just pick gief and turtle behind your lariat.

there little newb brains will be like:looney:

also thers nothing wrong with not liking someones style, i turtle and throw viciously dependant on the matchup, i also expect others to when they have similar matchups, but when i play somebody whos entire game is tick throwing and they ONLY mix it up when you start beating it... go die in a fire. or take that shit to ranked where it should be. also there is an etiquette to this online BS... if no one in the room is throwing outside of low time situations, dont be a prick and start doing it yourself. just LEAVE THE ROOM ( 'cause , honestly it aint like your going to learn much in there) or deal with it.

i throw and have gotten thrown to death all the time, doesnt mean that thats what i'mn taking pleasure from tho. in ranked ill trip you all day or throw you all day if you cant handle it, but imho that style is best for ranked. player matches differ and can go from the hardcore crazy tickthrowing/fireball zoning cheesy goodness ( my fav of course) to a more laid back casaual vibe.

LEARN THIS... and adapt. sirlins a genius but he aint god and doesnt warrant a lemming like following of the masses.

so dont be a dick and fuck up my laid back sessions.

and dont be a pussy and come in with that laid back BS when the play is obviously dog eat dog.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Usually if I am in a player room with people below my skill level, I will switch to one of my weaker characters who I am learning (like Sim, my Sim still sucks!).

If my Guile and Gat just destroy some new players I will switch it up with someone I want to learn (And dont risk picking in a room with seasoned SRKers).
    AV provided by Savaii
    The amount of people who have sand in their vagina in this thread is amazing.

You would think the infusion of new players into a 14 year old game would be welcomed, but seems like a few aren't happy with it. I get you want good competition, but there are roughly 5 ka-jillion gametags/psn ID's floating around here on SRK that you could probably give you some comp.

Playing random people on the internet doesn't give you an optimal experience? Who knew!?

EDIT: Yes. I am one of those god awful, satan spawned 'new' players.
  • ShirtsShirts Former Video Game Player Joined: Posts: 519
    It's all relative. I'm a ST scrub to some players, like some of the Japanese players or whatever, but many of the peeps in here calling scrubs newbs and whatnot...hilarity. I would probably beat many of the peeps in this thread 20-1.

We should be happy new players are playing this game instead of complaining about "tactics" and play style.

The irony in this thread = epic.
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    *snip*
    -dime

have you read your own hypocritical statements?

"throwing etiquette"!?!?

*sigh*
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
    Y'know after having gotten past the scrubbery, what pisses me off (and the only thing that really does) is old school players who haven't started playing to win, and whine about:
    zoning
    turtling
    reversals
    crossups
    throws

I literally had someone yell at me the other day for upkicking his jumping roundhouse spam over and over again. :P

"Listen it's just, I am trying to dropkick you and you keep doing your flashkick thing and it's pissing me off."
  • ShirtsShirts Former Video Game Player Joined: Posts: 519
    have you read your own hypocritical statements?

"throwing etiquette"!?!?

*sigh*

HAHAHAH. Yeah, I can't believe some of these posts.
  • somasoma Jeepers! Joined: Posts: 44
    zoning
    turtling
    reversals
    crossups
    throws

Back in the day, you would've gotten punched in the throat for that I love My Little Pony so much it hurts. :mad:
    Y'know after having gotten past the scrubbery, what pisses me off (and the only thing that really does) is old school players who haven't started playing to win, and whine about:
    zoning
    turtling
    reversals
    crossups
    throws

I literally had someone yell at me the other day for upkicking his jumping roundhouse spam over and over again. :P

"Listen it's just, I am trying to dropkick you and you keep doing your flashkick thing and it's pissing me off."

Haha xD
    Dammit I'm scrub Vega then....

wall dives like there's no tomorrow
    jump to cr. lp and/or mp x ?
    jump in, cr. lp, throw
    cr. mp, slide, cr. mp, slide, cr. fp, slide

SCRUB!!!!
    Back in the day, you would've gotten punched in the throat for that I love My Little Pony so much it hurts. :mad:

:lol:

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    LOL @ Dime.

I tick throw all day cuz that's all Blanka's got. Capcom didn't give Blanka crazy throw range just so he can save it for certain players or situations. Plus it's fun to hear the reactions.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

"listen man if you (deejay) would just man up and get close this shit would be over, play like a man you bitch." (Honda player)
    I wanted to ragequit from this thread after reading OP.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,728
    Usually if I am in a player room with people below my skill level, I will switch to one of my weaker characters who I am learning (like Sim, my Sim still sucks!).

If my Guile and Gat just destroy some new players I will switch it up with someone I want to learn (And dont risk picking in a room with seasoned SRKers).

Me too man.. lol... Always have to test the water first.
    Late last night I ended up in a random room where I think almost everyone knew their shit. There was a really good Dhalsim player, a good Guile player, a good Ken/Ryu and someone that seemed to be pretty decent with a bunch of characters. Initially I lost to Ken's DP spam as usual and then came back 8-4. One of the people I beat thought to "school" me for revenge or whatever and showed me how awesome he was zoning Dict with Akuma.:looney:

Anyway, the point of this post is that after I started making a comeback, some of them actually started whining about how throws should be removed from the game because they kept having a hard time getting through my defense (blocking) and would try to throw me, which I would reverse. :rofl: