Bloody Roar 3/Primal Fury/Extreme

Comments

• FlyMikeFlyMike Rsk Rating $$$ Joined: Posts: 3,091
    Lmao "Uranus's".

My desire to dabble with Baku from time to time because he's "cooler", is equivalent to the conscientious decision I made of Mina & Rock > Kilik and Asty back when I played SCIV for a week. Foolish. :shake: But I was actually using Kohryu to try to score Uranus but the CPU not having that shit. I keep getting wrecked by her.

What about the Chameleon? Did you just forget to talk about him or is he just not worth mentioning lolol?

P.S. Can GC already play imports?
    Flown Michaels.
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    Khen plays Buz, you'll have to wait until he posts. I don't play him but basically he relies a bit more on mindgames and mix-ups than straightout rushdown; he's not all that fast. He actually does have good power and air cancles/juggles so he's fine when he lands a floater.

I don't think the GC plays imports normally.

Keep in the mind the CPU reads inputs and crazy shit so its not really the bar to use for your skills. Put it on watch mode with both coms at lvl. 8 and you'll see what I mean.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    P.S. Can GC already play imports?

Not by itself. You could get the Freeloader for the GC to play imports. Works like a charm.
  • KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 417
    busuzima is difficult to play hes slow and cant take too much punishment however he deals decent damage and has great range (in chameleon form) as TR said hes very much about mind games and punishing opponents mistakes.

Primal Fury has been good and bad to buzu the side step makes it much harder for him to control space however the new air cancel mechanic works very nicely for him, also he gets a couple of nice new moves mainly his charging attack counter and a long ranged tongue attack that deals nice chip damage.

Firstly if you want to play buzusima you have to get used to canceling attacks (essential for allot of mind games and traps) so jump into practice mode and learn his cancel points. Generally you want to try and bait your opponent into messing up also make use of his when facing back K if timed right it can lead to some big damage though it comes with some high risk, his poison island stance 236K is good for poking and can charge meter in human by holding Down.
    Buzu gets some nice attacks from liedown position (down, down) K will hit low can cause your opponent to stumble while B is buzu's best launcher, his command throw in chameleon form can be followed up with 22B for an air combo or 214K into his beast drive for allot of damage.
    Like i said Busuzima can be hard to pick up he requires allot of patience and you to think ahead, your probably going to get stomped pretty hard when you first start using him, but he is a very different and fun to use character if you stick with him and the reward is worth it.

some bnb combos
    236P or 66K, 214KKKKKK - Human or Beast, builds decent amount of meter
    22K, 236Throw, 2K (on ground) - Human or Beast
    22K, 214Throw, 22B, (AC) PKP, 6KK2B, 236B, (AC) PK6B - Beast only, BR3 staple works in PF but less stable due to PF's retarded air recovery
    22K, 214Throw, 214KKKKKK, 2362369B - Beast only, very high damage has trouble with super light characters (uriko, bakuryu) wont work on super heavy characters (stun, ganesha)
  • FinkledoodooFinkledoodoo Donkey punch is my shoryuken Joined: Posts: 561
    Sry, life caught up to me (had twins), I'll be able to knock out the stuff I promised on the 22nd... Laterz...
    Do you know what this is: Down Are Up El Why Be
    Me and some of my guys just got on BR2 tough. Now that I can remember it, this probably was the best feeling BR game. And it still holds up well. Was wondering if one would have a tourney, or in any previous tournies, are Gado and Shenlong allowed? How many games has Gado been deemed "God tier" lol?

Also, I did a very bad thing. Once these Tekken tournies started popping back off, I sold the GC and BRPF. Game was solid, and fun, but the lack of any blood whatsoever was kinda a drag and I hate the GC pad for some reason. Not even that it's because of how it feels, I just hated looking at it. And I thought about some of the SS/Evasion issues in PF brought up by Tech Romancer, so I ordered BR3. Gonna get into that. Does it have more depth than BR2? Had all the BR games at one time or another but back then I was just mashing out six rings with Long lol.
    Flown Michaels.
    Yeah, BR3 is the high point of the series.

I don't know about BR2 tourneys rulesets.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    i don't know of any bloody roar 2 tourneys, at a guess id say ban Shenlong i have no idea about Gado i don't ever recall him being that good. yea BR3 has more depth to it but if you like the feel of BR2 more then i can't argue with that.
    and I hate the GC pad for some reason.
    haha your not alone on that one :P
    So really? BR3 was the hotness of the series? Even over PF/Ex?? I heard so many complaints about BR3 after BR2 that's why I never bought it myself.
    Flown Michaels.
    So really? BR3 was the hotness of the series? Even over PF/Ex?? I heard so many complaints about BR3 after BR2 that's why I never bought it myself.

PF and 4 could have potentially outdone 3 but they fucked it up. PF simplified an already basic control scheme for no reason and made things like air cancel unreliable far too much. The expanded movelists and balance tweaks are nice but its not enough to make up for what they did to the system. BR4 could have easily fixed this by combining the best of two worlds from those but just descended into a whole fuck fest all of its own. Complete garbage. So yeah BR3 is best.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    BR4 couldn't have done shit, soon as they started that project it was fucked. And back playing it casually I could sense something reeked like spoil milk. Everything, almost EVERYTHING about it, I could tell I was sacrificing most recent title for quality. God that game just....ughh...

Ok so in the above regard, and as far as your vids, why you guys still playing PF? Because it's the most recent or caters to your players in some kind of way or what? And I saw some Extreme matches in there too. No Fangs in matches so only difference was just Xbox right?
    Flown Michaels.
    why you guys still playing PF?

We're not, really.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • FayinaFayina Joined: Posts: 48
    This is one of my favorites. Those were some amusing videos.
    I updated the first post and did some re-organizing/re-tagging on my account.

Also shout outs to DeadlyRave and ShadowAce for this year FR: You guys are gonna get raped. Sorry. =[
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    I updated the first post and did some re-organizing/re-tagging on my account.

Also shout outs to DeadlyRave and ShadowAce for this year FR: You guys are gonna get raped. Sorry. =[

haha.....

fly mike: Fang plays closer to BR1 yugo with a few buffs here and there....I never played him but he doesnt offer anything magical like 100 percent combo Jenny...
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • N4UsN4Us Joined: Posts: 236
    The US Hudson Soft branch recently closed down. Interesting tidbit from Morgan Haro, former manager of the branch:
    A special note goes to the fans demanding a return of the Bloody Roar series. It was something I personally pushed for in the company, despite the crowded fighting game market. With digital distribution channels like XBLA and PSN, I felt there was a chance, if done right, to re-invigorate the series. There were some game design documents sent around internally of some spin-offs of the series, but it didn?t seem like it was the right direction. There was a chance for something to happen late 2011, early 2012; but clearly, we won?t see what was to be. To the Bloody Roar fans out there, I read every single one of your messages, petitions, and calls for the series to be brought back. You guys are awesome, and perhaps some day, a developer and a publisher will pick it up, and do it justice. Until then, just know, you guys rock.
    3309 - 6039 - 7868 (CA, Wired)
    hmm, "Spin offs". Sounds interesting, but if was in the same sort of vein as the Battle Toshiden "remake" (ugh) do not want. I'm glad they hadn't forgotten about it though, but really it was simple, just update PF, fix its issues, get rid of the simplification, new characters, viola...great game. You'd think it was easy; I'm still facepalming over how they fucked it up.

Also I had some casuals recently:

youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    The US Hudson Soft branch recently closed down. Interesting tidbit from Morgan Haro, former manager of the branch:

In other words, we are holding "will work for food" signs...

hopefully some company picks up the franchise and does it justice..mk came back from the dead so why not this

ill keep my eyes on this developing story
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
  • Colen RetroFYTColen RetroFYT Gifted kids with a spice of hidden talent Joined: Posts: 124
    been a huge fan since 1 really love the games tactics and advance strategies uriko, alice, bakuryu, long yugo, and jenny are some of the best players i enjoy using in the game the levels and beastdrives are off the hook and s the story behind it all is absolutely amazing, i like 3 very much but not as much as 4 because of the extras for example they can shrink you can fight with no walls, and you can knock your opponent off the stage and still fight them into another arena the aqaurium stage is my favorite one also the soundtrack for both games are pretty stellar :)
  • Joe ZombieJoe Zombie Joined: Posts: 56
    A lot of memories playing Bloody Roar with my brother back in the day. Its what got me into fighting games in the first place, and I loved the concept of the whole thing.

I would be ecstatic for a new Bloody Roar, and that isn't just the nostalgia talking. It was a damn awesome fighter. Too bad BR4 left a bad taste in some people's mouths.

Maybe one day I'll get to see a new BR. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • PFTMPFTM The best BR player Joined: Posts: 52
    --- Top Tier ---
    * Shenlong
    * Chronos (Not available in PF)
    * Uranus (Broken/Banned in BR3 vanilla)
    * Khoryu

--- Upper-mid ---
    * Yugo
    * Jenny
    * Shina (move to mid in PF)
    * Long (move to mid in PF)

I can play Chronos at PF ver.
    Yugo and Shina is Upper-mid? and Shenlong is Top Tier? Kidding me?

BR3 Tier list:

-- God Tier --
    Yugo

-- Top Tier --
    Shina
    Long
    Shenlong ( 66P spam )
    Uranus ( Banned/Hidden )
    Kohryu ( Banned/Hidden )

-- Upper Tier --
    Jenny ( 100% Deadth Combo )
    Stun
    Bakuryu
    Gado

-- Mid Tier --
    Gado
    Xion ( Long Range Attack )
    Uriko
    Buzusima

-- Low Tier --
    Alice

Primal Fury and Extreme is suck because you can break "COMMAND THROW".
    Yugo is not even close to god tier in BR3 and Kohryu is not banned only Uranus

Tiers for BR3 are as followed:
    Banned - Uranus
    S - Shenlong, Shina, Jenny, Alice
    A+ - Uriko
    A - Gado, Khoryu, Xion
    B - Long, Bakuryu, Busuzima
    C - Yugo, Stun
    Yugo is not even close to god tier in BR3 and Kohryu is not banned only Uranus

Tiers for BR3 are as followed:
    Banned - Uranus
    S - Shenlong, Shina, Jenny, Alice
    A+ - Uriko
    A - Gado, Khoryu, Xion
    B - Long, Bakuryu, Busuzima
    C - Yugo, Stun

Kohryu's Damage stronger than Bakuryu, and speed faster than other character except uranus, that why he must banned!

All of Yugo's Combo Start with Command Throw, You can't break command throw, And Hyper Beast = combo overkill!

You dont play with pro Yugo player, may be you can't see that point!.

Alice can't be God Tier because she's throw can break, no combo unrecover can use!
    And uRiko = A+? Lol!

All of command throw character can be A Tier!
  • Colen RetroFYTColen RetroFYT Gifted kids with a spice of hidden talent Joined: Posts: 124
    alice is the highlight of the game
    Kohryu's Damage stronger than Bakuryu, and speed faster than other character except uranus, that why he must banned!
    Being a better version of Bakuryu is not grounds to ban him lol Nina is a better version of Anna in Tekken, Ken is a better version of Ryu in 3s, neither of them are banned, Unlike Uranus Kohryu has nothing that makes him ban worthy, speed wise Kohryu is the same as Bakuryu he just gets more defence and is heavier in beast his damage over Bakuryu is marginal
    All of Yugo's Combo Start with Command Throw, You can't break command throw, And Hyper Beast = combo overkill!
    The fact that Yugo needs to land his command throw to get any damage is a serious flaw in his game it makes him very linear and predictable, ontop of this Yugo has almost no lows and the ones he dose get are not very good, his pokes are slow and unsafe and most of his normals have poor range, he has to be balls deep to apply pressure making him easily zoned out and his punch strings can be stuffed with a crouching jab, his specials are equally as bad his shoryuken is the worst move in the game and is unsafe even on hit, his command throw is pretty much the only good move in his arsenal, and you need more than just a 12 frame command throw to be good in this game.
    There is a good reason why they gave him loads off buffs in Primal Fury, he was terrible in 3.

Alice can't be God Tier because she's throw can break, no combo unrecover can use!
    Alice is top tier not god tier, the only god tier is Uranus, Alice is is exceptionally good at both keep away and rushdown its also not hard for her to take a life lead then run the clock down, her pokes are amazing and she can convert into huge damage off a CH with many moves shes fast and has a great back dash making her a monster at footsies. her jump in B is the best in the game and she can set up various unblockables with it, her combo damage is crazy high especially near a wall, 3BB4B hits OTG for extra damage and she can run mixups on you all day long both in the air and on the ground.
    And uRiko = A+? Lol!
    Uriko is just under the top tiers, shes good at rushdown and mixups, she gets Alice's jump in B tho its not quite as good due to her jump angle, she has the best guard attack in the game and it will cause ground bounce on CH or mid combo, shes very evasive due too her size and low weight meaning she can escape air combos quite easily and many of her moves shrink her already small hitbox making it easy for her to get in. she has high combo damage even in human form and has good supers. Her only real flaw is her poor range and low health
    All of command throw character can be A Tier!
    Command throws are not the end all in BR you won't be running up and landing command throw after command throw on any semi competent player, a good tool to have yes, but one good move does not make a character A rank.

Command throws are not the end all in BR you won't be running up and landing command throw after command throw on any semi competent player, a good tool to have yes, but one good move does not make a character A rank.

If you fight japanese, you will not say that!
    You know you can crouch under command throws right? only Marvel and Stun have command throws that can hit a crouching opponent, also theres multiple moves in the game that just beat throws clean. Like i said command throws are a great tool to have no doubt about that but most of the time they require set ups to land and if you get too predictable with them you are going to end up eating a lot of damage.

And I have never seen any Japanese players good or bad do nothing but run up and try to command throw repeatedly lol
    You know you can crouch under command throws right?

Do you have a chance to crouch after getting stun or command cancel setup?
    You cant be thrown during hitstun, im going to asume you mean stagger which can be escaped with lever recovery, so if they know its coming yes they still have a chance to crouch it, you cant just do the same thing over and over and expect it to work all the time against good players.

Also like i said you need the tools for command throw set ups, something Yugo is lacking and most of what he has is stuffed with a crouching jab or moves that lower the hitbox like Marvel's 236P
    You cant be thrown during hitstun, im going to asume you mean stagger which can be escaped with lever recovery,

you can use lever recovery with Running K of Yugo?
    You can yes, but you would be better of blocking or evading and punishing it given how unsafe it is.
    Actually if you get hit by it and use lever recovery you end up at a frame advantage.

6K(CH) is Yugo's best move for causing stagger, its a decent mid range poke if a little slow and the recovery on it is pretty good.
  • Gamegenie222Gamegenie222 Joined: Posts: 124
    OMG A Bloody Roar thread for 3 and PF/Extreme YEEEESSS.
    You can yes, but you would be better of blocking or evading and punishing it given how unsafe it is.
    Actually if you get hit by it and use lever recovery you end up at a frame advantage.

6K(CH) is Yugo's best move for causing stagger, its a decent mid range poke if a little slow and the recovery on it is pretty good.
    prove it
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,968
    and here i thought PF was the cream of the crop. Ironically I thought BR3 was consider weak.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    It doesn't matter which game you play, Shina is best. Simple as that.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • DanxDanx XD@U Joined: Posts: 471
    Ya know in watching some matches the game comes off a lot more like a 2D.5 game then a true 3D game. If there ever was a sequel I wouldn't mind if they just converted it to a 2D game since as it stands, the 3D space was more of a gimmick then anything that impacted the actual mechanics of the game.
  • BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab Bison Joined: Posts: 138
    Finally replaced my bunk-ass copy of BR3 for PS2. Been messing around a lot in training mode and things are starting to work better for me since the last time I played it. I been able to incorporate some relaunches and air combos into my combos with Jenny. Wish I had people around here that played BR3.
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
  • iDoLiZeDiDoLiZeD Joined: Posts: 19
    edited October 2013
    Yo

@TechRomancer
    @Khentimentiu
    @ShadowAce50

I'm in love with BR series. I've really tried to get people around me to play it, alas no one will.
    Well..I have one person to play (But I have to bug him like you bug Pyro, Tech Romancer).

I've been playing emulated BR:PF in HD (WOW is this game beautiful in HD).
    Now you say BR3 > PF?

We end playing on High Speed(in-game cheat) sometimes and it adds a lot more depth to every character (( the speed is overwhelming at first- but emulated you can control your game FPS while retaining high speed moves).
    Cancels and air cancels are even more usable and doing 30-50 hit combos are flashy and fun AND stun/gado/marvel really benefit from the speed buff. However the down side is infinite and loops are abundant. Though the damage from looping the same move gets really low - sometimes you stop damaging your opponent all together, but can continue to just juggle/ground bounce until time is up.

The way to combat this is with Hyper. Hyper out just as you would Genhsa's infinite.

I read that side-stepping and abusing hyper is flawed but in High Speed mode it isn't as bad.

And this got me thinking:

Does the bloody roar community have the brains to re-balance Primal Fury?

The Smash brothers community has done it for Melee, Brawl and even created all new versions and characters.

So, what about Bloody Roar? Why wait for the devs..and Hudson soft is out of business and eighting won't touch BR series again.

I'm also planning on uploading some HD content for BR:PF - if anyone wants to contribute please message me
    iDoLiZeD wrote: »
    I've been playing emulated BR:PF in HD (WOW is this game beautiful in HD).
    Now you say BR3 > PF?
    PF while still a fun game has been for lack of a better word, dumbed down and is not as fit for competitive play as BR3 was (or even BR1&2)
    Some of the major problems are:
    Lightguard active during sidestep.
    The new air recover system lets you escape any combo/juggle for free at no risk
    Throw/Heavy Guard/Dodge mapped to the same button.
    Being able to block on a miss timed dodge.
    Removal of High/Low throws.
    Hits can no longer trade.

The new hyper beast was a good idea but sadly implemented badly and again has little cost/risk.

Still the new characters are fun and the game looks great so if you are just messing with friends its not by any means a bad game.

High Speed Mode gets dull fast and boils down to 1 attack being looped for the next 40 seconds dealing 1 pixel of damage till the opponent dies or gains enough meter to hyper out then repeat, i don't normally bother with the extra modes tbh.

As for hacking/modding i guess it could be done, but i just don't think there's enough interest and the game has no online play.
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 623
    Haven't posted here in a while. I finally got my hands on the Japanese GameCube version of PF, Extreme. Fang definitely plays a little bit like Yugo's BR2 self.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,688
    BAKURYU...the mole.
    Play more.
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,748
    BR3 was the best for combat though BR2 was a better overall GAME. The presentation and atmosphere is what I'm referring too. BR2 also had more thought behind the nuetral game imo. Dodging in BR3 rewards pure execution and is less risky, then attempting the nuetral side step which leaves you far more open to guard crushes. I feel this change really reduced the thinking involved in the nuetral game. BUT during air juggles side step dodge is bullshit and unless you have an air throw or you have a juggle starter that puts opponent into spin state, you will never net consistent damage. This turns BR2 into a very ground based affair which further increased Shenlongs dominance. Every BR game has some serious flaws though so meh.

BR3's triumphs are better combat overall, faster gameplay, MUCH BETTER BALANCE (everyone is a threat), good diverse soundtrack, better juggle system.

BR2's triumphs are great story, amazing presentation. The game does a great job of pulling you into BR's universe.

Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    edited December 2013
    I agree about guard breaks they are much stronger and have much more use in BR2 than later games though this in turn does bring about its own problems with character balance as you said, I kind of feel Guard Escape in BR2 was good at shutting down strings and close range pressure but has much less use at midrange and footsies than it does in BR3, both versions have its strengths and weaknesses and i feel its something the series could have experimented with more if it had went on.

As for presentation i found BR2 a mixed bag, the art is amazing, the models look great for a ps1 game, the character select is pure hype and its clear they put a large amount of time into story mode and building a universe for the characters, on the other hand the stages feel flat and carboardy imo, soundtrack is again mixed some are great while others are quite dull.

One of my favorite tracks.

One thing that gets to me about BR2 is how bad training mode was, it seems like it was slapped on at the last second its little more than a dummy with infinite health, odd given how good training mode is in every other Bloody Roar game even BR4.

Also it could just be pure nostalgia talking here but to me BR2 felt it was lacking some of the charm BR1 had, even if that game was horribly broken.
    Post edited by Khentimentiu on
    BR3s training mode was fucking GREAT. Right up there with Soul Caliber's and Blazblu. Record feature, hit level displays, inputs, damage AND CANCEL POINT DISPLAYS WTFOMGBBQ!!!!!

Gameplay wise BR3 is the best easily and that training mode made it easy to break down your character.

BR2s training mode is straight trash i agree. As for BR2 lacking charm, idk it depends on what drew you to the series. BR2s story is so strong especially the tragic irony between Long and Shenlong its easy for me to forgive its flaws. What I hate is how the upper tiers are so good and mid tier and below are just yuck. There is no reason to pick Yugo EVER and Jenny is a MUCH LESS interesting version of Fox AND shes worse, I never understood Hudsons thought process behind that.

I been playing alot of BR2 lately and reconnecting with the series and to me its a successful sequel for casual gamers and decent enough to be competitive. Imma get BR3 off amazon soon.

BR3 Yugo is good gawddammit!!!!!
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
    Yugo is probably not as bad as i have been making him out to be but he's still not great, lack of decent lows/mids and inconsistent damage hurt him a lot, these were all fixed in Primal Fury and he's pretty good in that game but in BR3 he just has too many holes in his gameplay.

BR2 is by no means a bad game it certainly fixed many of the problems BR1 had, really wish they left rave in the game though its a much more interesting mechanic than super moves imo.
    To be clear he CAN combo off db + pp and he has guaranteed damage afterwards. His neutral game isnt the best but I feel the same about Jenny. Her saving grace is her insane air combos so her risk vs reward is heavily skewed in her favor. She can end games off one mistake, something Yugo cannot do.

I rly wanna mess with Long in 3. I feel he could be S tier. His neutral game and footsies have been good since BR1 and hes always a strong character. Not as devastating with momentum as Shenlong but a much more solid char with no real holes or huge weaknesses. His flaw in BR2 was no way to combo into super which BR3 fixes so idk how he isnt sitting right next to Uriko
    Yugo's 1PP is slow and has poor range its a risky move to use but yeah you can combo off it. Id like to point out it did get a huge buff in Primal Fury and has much better range and i think sometimes people get the two games mixed up.
    His command throw and 2P from Flicker Stance are better for starting combos, 2P is especially nice because it guard breaks and can be canceled making it safe and allows for some command throw shenanigans. But even still his follow ups aren't that great and to get big damage you have to catch your opponent out trying to tech.

I agree about Long he should be A tier at least his command throw mixups are scary he has good close range pressure and also a great mid range game and unlike Shenlong he has an average health rating making him a very well rounded character, His only real downside is he kind of lacks damage when not by the wall and his low jump height. Long is a very technical character so you don't see him at his full potential much.
    edited December 2013
    Uriko and ShenLong are almost as technical, but you can do well knowing less with then you could as Long. I see Long like I see Gen in SF4. Only a master will win a tourney, but when they do its impressive and you wonder why people don't see how scary this character is.

Nah Yugo is DEF S tier in PF, but he is not the worst in 3. His weaknesses are that he must be close to his opponent, and his lows/mids are slow so he must condition his opponent to block how he wants them too. But as far as mids go isnt 6PP mid, covers good range and cancellable? In terms of footsies I feel Yugo is at his best when he is tagging peoples limbs.

IMO Bakuryu, Stun, Busuzima, Gado and possibly even Xion are worse chars. Xion has the buttons, safety and footsies, but average damage potential and his speed is average imo.

Yugo is prolly hanging out in B or the bottom of tier.
    For shits and giggles here is my tier list.

God Tier - Uranus (Banned)
    Top Tier - Shenlong, Alice, Jenny, Marvel
    High Tier - Long, Uriko
    Mid Tier - Xion, Yugo, Kohryu, Gado
    Low Tier - Bakuryu, Busuzima
    Bottom Tier - Stun

My tier list is in from left to right. Subject to change like all tier lists.