Huh. You know, I thought I'd leave this to somebody else who might know better about the Megster than I would, but seeing as how there's no thread up yet....I might as well take a stab at this and see what I can come up with.
So, just like the Roll thread before this, I'm going to try to assemble a basic guide to play with Mega Man Trigger. Now, mind you, I'm no A-class expert (I still have to get the hand of this Baroque thingy), but I'll try my best. Feel free to correct me where I'm off, and I'll try to adjust the guide to suit.
Here we go:
Arm Buster -
Charged Buster Shot
- After Power Charge, release :snkc:
Equip Special Weapons:
Machine Gun Arm:
(To equip a weapon and perform a small evading sidestep at the same time, try using
when you motion for a weapon. Repeat said move to de-activate.)
Special Weapon Attacks:
Machine Gun Barrage:
Activate MGA, Hold :r:,
, and press :snkb:
Activate SA, Hold :r:,
, and press :snkb:
Activate DA, Hold
and press :snkb:
Activate DA, Hold :r: and press :snkb:
Hyper Machine Gun Barrage:
and two attack buttons
Hyper Drill Upper:
and two attack buttons
and two attack buttons (Lvl 3, must be close)
Buster Shot -
Mega Man Trigger's bread and butter. Like the original MM before him, he fires a shot from his Buster Arm by simply tapping :snkc:. To an extent, you can even adopt MM's old strategy of hanging back and firing one shot midair, and one shot while grounded, but with your opponents being able to double jump and air dash (not to mention the fact that Trigger himself is a tad slower and his shots are not as wide as MM's), this isn't that much of an effective strategy. Some notes:
- You can charge the attack by holding down :snkc:. You will begin to notice a small orb glowing at the end of Trigger's cannon. The longer you charge, the more powerful the attack becomes. At most, it can do up to 8 hits maximum, and, at maximum power, will fling an opponent straight across the room (almost like an old style Shinkuu Hadouken, of sorts.) However, BE WARNED. You get hit, you LOSE THE CHARGE.
- Try pinning down an opponent with a standard Buster Shot, and immediately cancelling into a Hyper Machine Gun Barrage. It'll do some worthwhile chip, and, if you nail a blocking opponent, it'll be a safe way to put some distance.
- You can aim the Buster several different ways. Doing it while crouching will have him fire it at an Anti-Air angle (and sadly, not straight ahead, which you will discover to your horror.) Fire it and aim diagonally downwards while jumping, and Mega Man will aim it in that direction. Aim diagonally upwards while standing, and Trigger will fire in that direction. Use this to your advantage, but don't abuse it.
Machine Gun Arm -
This move fires three consecutive shots rapidly. You can aim it similarly to Trigger's standard buster (see above). To an extent, you can even jump and spam it, Akuma style. Not much more to say here than that.
Drill Arm/Drill Upper
- Allows Trigger to either launch himself forward while drilling the hell out of the opponent, or hit them with a semi-reliable Anti-Air Drill Upper. Extremely comboable, and does fair damage, so I suggest you use this often if you want to pile on the hits.
- Creates a giant green shield in from of Trigger. If an opponent walks/jumps into it, they'll be pushed away (and, if they hit a wall, they will bounce.) I haven't tested it to see if it can repel fireballs, however.
Hyper Machine Gun Barrage
- The Machine Gun Arm....shifted all the way into turbo. It fires a volley of shots in succession, and, blocked or not, will push away opponents all the way to the other side of the screen. While firing, Trigger can aim the stream of bullets upwards and downwards (but he's somewhat slow in doing so. Don't expect miracles from it.) This can also be done in mid-air, so a sound strategy is to jump, use :snkc:, and then immediately cancel into this Super Combo. Another thing to note is that if you DHC into another Super Combo, the remaining bullets that were already fired will not vanish, but continue hitting the opponent long after Trigger tags out. This is awesome for safe tagging.
Hyper Drill Upper!
- Mega Man's defensive bread and butter. He quickly whips out his Drill Arm, and basically does a SHINRYUKEN!!! with it. It has very quick startup, decent damage, some good priority, and can be used very effectively to catch an incoming opponent. Don't go apeshit with this move, though, because there is
such a thing as a smart opponent, and this is VERY punishable if you whiff.
- Trigger's LVL 3 Super combo. He'll punch the opponent in the gut, send them skywards, and totally let them have it with an upwards blast of doom from his Arm Buster. To be honest, it does...okay damage, but not for a Lvl 3 (see:Ryu). I'd suggest sticking with the previous two super combos.
- Mega Man's launcher has some good Anti-Air qualities about it. It's not quite the MvC version's Mule Kick, but it'll do.
- Most of Trigger's Super Combos can combo off of a simple :snka:,:snka:. Sort of like the original Mega Man's Beat Plane. Once an opening presents itself, jab, jab and Super Combo. It's handy when you want to gain a small lead.
- Hyper Machine Gun Arm is very handy for chip damage and playing keep away. Stick to doing it in mid-air, though, because he is very vulnerable while standing up (and your opponent jumps quickly enough over it.)
- Hyper Drill Upper can be absurdly fast. As soon as your opponent whiffs (closely enough) or attempts to jump in, use it and nail them.
- Charged Buster Shot => a blocked Ryu's Fireball/Shinkuu Hadouken. He has to be fairly close, though.
- Try to spam Machine Gun arm during a mid air jump. You can try keeping your opponent grounded by using the
, also. Just don't be predictable.
1) Charge :snkc:, :snka:,:snka:,:snkb:, release :snkc:.
:snkb:, launcher (setup)
3) Combo #2, :snka::snka::snkb::snkc:
4) With Drill Arm, Combo #2, :snka::snka::snkb::snkb:,
5) :snka:,:snka:, Hyper Drill Upper!
That's all from me for now.
Feel free to contribute, folks, because I'm dead
certain I've missed a few things. See ya.