Chun-li Video/Discussion Thread

Footsy BebopFootsy Bebop Joined: Posts: 326
Post your SF4 Chun Li Vids!

Comments

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,884
    we may as well have one of these threads for chun... gj.

daigo versus chun, also in the main chun thread:
    an interesting thing about this chun is the lack of ex lightning leg abuse, this chun prefers to use meter on AA ex SBK, and do damage with random pokes and throws

some nuki here watch his use of jsu fierce versus abel in the second match on wakeup and that sick ass super off of FA in the first:

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • MainspringMainspring Joined: Posts: 295
    Chun in that costume in the first vid made me think of Asuka from Tekken DR.
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Cool, video of Chun-li vs Rufus.

I favorited this one, very nice dizzy combo at 2:58. :)
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • axelaxel Joined: Posts: 6

Gimme some comments!
    only problems i saw was that everytime you moved forward you threw out some sort of attack... that will get you killed versus highly reactive peoples. i forget the other thing i was gonna point out.

i liked your chun play you mixed up what moves you threw out well, and your movement was decent if not a bit erratic. like i said tho it was pretty obvious when you were going to attack.

nice chun

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • kenurankenuran Kerberotte Joined: Posts: 2,068
    Street Fighter 4 Chun-Li anime Opening (in English)

I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • P.o.t.S.P.o.t.S. Joined: Posts: 268
    Now you just know she'll have that outfit in the game.
  • Black DogBlack Dog Hakumen Joined: Posts: 129
    Yun and Yang? Glad they put in some 3s references somewhere in the game.
    People care who you main
    and the combos you use.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    acorrding to Siegfired who has play the game , Chun-li doesn't not fight Guile but rather joins up with him to take down Sin.

edit: acorrding to Siegfired Guile was giving a mission to find out SIN's connection to Shadaloo.

Ryu's intro explans why Guile give Chun-Li her standard gear. because in Ryu's intro Guile and Chun-li talk about the tournament.

edit: By looking at the screen shots Abel's intro happens after Chun-li's intro.
    mostly likey this is the order in which Guile and Chun-li appear in the intros. Guile's intro, Chun Li's intro, Ryu's intro and Abels intro.
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/tournament.html

Vids of the national tournament. The new videos include RF's Sagat vs Nuki's Chun. Nuki uses C.MP as anti-air against Sagat's J.MP, and it works pretty well.

:sad: @ the first round of the second match. Look how much life Chun loses to Tiger Uppercut xx SADC, F+RH, Ultra! That shit's not right man.

Also, in the final round of the third vid, right before Chun loses, look at what happens - Chun jumps and does EX Hasan Shu - but it comes out so fast, it looks like she doesn't even hit the ground!

I've played against RF's Sagat...he's just good. He can kill you with fireballs alone.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

yo az, thx for posting that up! yeah it totally looked like nuki was air born when he did that ex HS. nukis chun is HOT!

3rd round of first match, i REALLY liked the dash under cr. shorts to ultra, the dash totally caught me by surprise as sagat was damn near hitting chun, that shit was cool, i couldnt see myself thinking of doing that in that situation, but it's something learned, may have nice application versus rog and blanka that jump alot.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • chun_li1chun_li1 Joined: Posts: 147
    I just watched the Nationals vid of Nuki VS RF.

Some1 was saying, on high level, among pros, you shouldnt do jump back HK as overhead, especially not against Sagat, since it will get you killed for trying.

But Nuki gets away with it 2 x (midscreen and sagat with back to corner). RF doesnt do anything except dash after.

Was RF sleeping or what was going on?

Yeah, that EX HS at end of match 3, round 3 was WTF? Looked like he was doing the move in mid air just b4 landing lol.

chun_li1
    Space Nazis Incoming : http://www.ironsky.net/
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Good lord, Sagat is just too much. They going for story points or something, because wow... that's just not right. Here's hoping maybe they do a balance patch? Yeah right. Don't want to sound like a whiner, but I remember the Japanese not being too happy with O.Sagat for very similar reasons why he is insane in this game. Did the developer simply forget their own history with him?
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • Black DogBlack Dog Hakumen Joined: Posts: 129
    SF4 Sagat is nothing like O.Sagat. Imo Sagat is very beatable. In the right hands he's absolutely devastating but he's not god tier. I regularly beat Sagats down at my arcade. Just gotta know how to handle him and who's playing him.
    People care who you main
    and the combos you use.
  • JO50JO50 Daezo Joined: Posts: 1,244

Vids of me in the Economy Blows $1 Touranemnt.
    Yi: DAEZOOOOO
    Dae: Lakers
    Yi: fuck you son

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocund50
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    :sad: @ the first round of the second match. Look how much life Chun loses to Tiger Uppercut xx SADC, F+RH, Ultra! That shit's not right man.

She got revenge with that ultra through the tiger shot in round one of the 3rd set.

But man. That combo did way too much.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • ChunnerChunner Joined: Posts: 137
    ex hasanshu in the air?? wow...

thanks azrael for showing us the link ^^
    「また遊んであげるわ」♬
    http://www.youtube.com/user/laugh25acw

Laugh's Chun is pretty good

• axelaxel Joined: Posts: 6
    I just watched the Nationals vid of Nuki VS RF.

Some1 was saying, on high level, among pros, you shouldnt do jump back HK as overhead, especially not against Sagat, since it will get you killed for trying.

But Nuki gets away with it 2 x (midscreen and sagat with back to corner). RF doesnt do anything except dash after.

Was RF sleeping or what was going on?

Yeah, that EX HS at end of match 3, round 3 was WTF? Looked like he was doing the move in mid air just b4 landing lol.

chun_li1
    Seems like Nuki kept the distance correctly in the 1st round of the 1st match? RF's f.HK didn't manage to catch him.

And WOW seemingly air EX Hasan Shu!!! Huge chunk of damage to top it off! (yeah it's CH but props to that!)

Just a decent Chun, in the match he does make a lot of mistakes, but I'm posting it because he also does a lot of things right too. Sometimes its good to watch mid-level players, because its easier to pick up and understand their strategies, rather than shoot straight for the top.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

• Ironreaver7Ironreaver7 Joined: Posts: 334

Just a decent Chun, in the match he does make a lot of mistakes, but I'm posting it because he also does a lot of things right too. Sometimes its good to watch mid-level players, because its easier to pick up and understand their strategies, rather than shoot straight for the top.

yea that vid is kinda old but it was a pretty good Chun. Cant wait for the Console release
    www.ironreaver.com

Vids of me in the Economy Blows $1 Touranemnt.

Man you raped Mike Z :rofl: good shit Holy Voice:pray::clapdos:
    www.ironreaver.com
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    I will soon have my match (that I lost) against McRomes. He played Ryu...they were close games but he ended up 2-0'ing me with some amazing comebacks. I just need to find who's camera was recording it and have it uploaded. I placed 16th at the tournament, had 4 pools of 16 man brackets, it was huge. Gootecks won it, was a fun top 16 to witness.

But seriously, can someone have the original Chun thread opened? Now it's like we can't talk directly or casually anymore...always gotta post facts and whatnot.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
    Well I don't mean to double post. It's been a few days anyways so here goes.

Chun vs Akuma

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/118/

Someone wanted that matchup in the matchup thread...but yeah, this is a good example.

edit: OMG THAT WAS A SICK FINISH!!!

edit2: more matches of that Chun player included in the video, vs Ken, and vs Fuerte. Dude, this Chun player is sick, he definitely utilizes Chun's tools to her finest, this is a must-see.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
  • DiarDiar Cali free stylin Joined: Posts: 122
    Great video, low jab beats low forwards? Didn't know the ultra would work through air fireball and the ken empty jump? Did the Ken player not block or Chun timed it perfectly as he lands?
    SaviorMeister - your morigan is nice movements
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/111/

Another awesome Chun playing a full 3 games after the first match. I'm getting so many ideas off of these videos...had to share another one.

edit: The way he handled that Balrog player was INSANELY beautiful. Zoning with the close fierce anti airs, and fireball into far fierce anti air...so many things correct about this video.

We have to find out what he knew the rog player was going to do though...there's a reason why rog didn't jump early roundhouse, or focus on countering with sweeps. It's not shown in the video...so for now we can only assume. Too bad we can't ask the Chun player himself...

edit: http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

Yet ANOTHER sick Chun. This site is greatness.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    man that rog match was beautiful... brings tears to the eyes:sweat:

he played EXACTLY how i was talking about, save to super, dont use ex legs, ex sbk if the nigga gets jumpy...

i dont get him abusing the st . fierce tho, rogs fierce or roundhouse flatout beats close fierce... and then he gets jabs to headbutts to ultra for landing one...

only thing i can think of is maybe focus attack against the early jumpin gets a crumple easier... cause the chun did get one of those off...

maybe she could use early cr.strong as a meaty thus getting plus frames for a link... dont know.

-edit OMG THAT CHUN V AKUMA MATCH WAS AWESOME!!! that chun was NICE and the akuma was hard as fuck also.
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/111/

edit: http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

Yet ANOTHER sick Chun. This site is greatness.

What was that move after the Hazan Shu at 3:49 VS Fuerte? Never seen that flip kick b4.

chun_li1
    D/f+lk

and yes... i'm mega bored...

dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    D/f+lk/QUOTE]

Some uhmm, whats that move good for? Her equivalent to ST chuns D/F + MK?

Why was that Chun doing it?

chun_li1
    he didnt mean to do it... there was a crossup if you can remember, he meant to do a cr.lk from d/b.

the purpose of the move is as an AA, i wrote up a bit of theory fighter on it a while back in the chun-li thread... but the move comes out slower than i expected... it has upper body invincibility from frames 3-11 and hits on the 10th and 11th frames and is airborn for much of the move. i will be going into training mode to practice the moves timing versus many jumpins once i get console... its to risky to practice at the arcade.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • InexplicableXiuInexplicableXiu Lights out, sucka! Joined: Posts: 103
    cheers for these vids guys, my girlfriend will enjoy. (she plays chun li alot)
    "Im the welcome wagon, its nice to meet you friend!"
    he didnt mean to do it... there was a crossup if you can remember, he meant to do a cr.lk from d/b.

the purpose of the move is as an AA, i wrote up a bit of theory fighter on it a while back in the chun-li thread... but the move comes out slower than i expected... it has upper body invincibility from frames 3-11 and hits on the 10th and 11th frames and is airborn for much of the move. i will be going into training mode to practice the moves timing versus many jumpins once i get console... its to risky to practice at the arcade.

-dime

Ah, I see. Thx for clarification.

Looking forward to your analysis on that move. Upperbody invincibility always sounds good (when you come from GG).

chun_li1
    Great vids, thank you MagnetoManiac for posting them! Aside from Nuki and Nemo, the SFIV ranking site shows that the best Chun's were out in Aichi/Nagoya, and now I can see why. We don't have too many good Chun's out in Osaka, so these are invaluable in helping me to step up my Chun game.
    Great video, low jab beats low forwards? Didn't know the ultra would work through air fireball and the ken empty jump? Did the Ken player not block or Chun timed it perfectly as he lands?
    For Akuma's air fireball, Chun didn't go through it, rather dash ultra'd under it. You can get away with it if the angle and spacing allows you to. If not, you'd have to try SADC Ultra.

As for the Ken jump...I'm not sure. The only thing I can figure is that Ken didn't have enough energy to survive chip damage, so he tried to land and throw out a counter move but it didn't come out in time.

Also, anyone else notice the successful Chun ultra against a BLOCKED Blanka sweep? That was nice.
    i dont get him abusing the st . fierce tho, rogs fierce or roundhouse flatout beats close fierce... and then he gets jabs to headbutts to ultra for landing one...
    Fierce shuts down much of Rog's footsie and offense game. I sort of discovered it on accident, and ever since I haven't had too many problems with Rogs. Mainly at a distance though, once Rog gets close your best strategy is to find a way to escape and make him work to try and get in again.

Torem_Kamina:

hahahah yeah az, i know about the FAR st. fierce versus rog both in the air when he jumps in from far and when used against him on the ground... what i was talking about was the CLOSE st.fierce used as an AA.

i know that you posted that it was good versus balrog awhile back... so i took it to the arcade and played againsrt one of our best rogs out here in cali, YES close st.fierce was taking out one of the heavy jumpin attacks from rog like nothing, I CLEANLY AA'd him like 5 times in a row with him switching distances and timings. but then he started jumping with the OTHER heavy attack and it was TOTALLY stuffing my close st. fierce... i couldnt let that happen as chun loses like 40% hp for doing that AA and getting it stuffed. sure i could have used a different AA in order to beat out that second heavy that he was using... but then i'm at a guessing game where i do like 8% damage if i guess right but take 40% for guessing wrong.

thats not a viable guess imho, so i went back to using jsu HK and block for my AA's versus rog when he jumps from close.

what i was wondering in that video was why the rog never switched to the other heavy to cleanly take out chuns close st. fierce.

makes me wonder if my timing was off when i used it versus the rog player out here...

doesnt seem likely as it was beating out the other heavy EVERYTIME...

also, chun can ultra through akumas air fireballs and land full ultra against him as long as he throws the fireball on the way down from his jump... timing is admittedly weird tho.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Ah...hmm, I haven't had too many problems with using SC.FP as AA, but then again, maybe the Balrog's I've played against did the same as the one in the video. Also, if the jump-in is coming really deep and I was crouching, I usually just go for EX SBK.

Torem_Kamina:

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    wow there really are good chuns in nagoya. i never see any of those guys from the nagoya street battle videos. i'm pretty sure they all play in an arcade that's kind of out of the way for me to go to. but i think i might try to play in a 3on3 nagoya street battle event next month so maybe i can meet some of these fully radical chun players. and i'll try to figure out where these dudes are at on a daily basis too.
  • platinum_pinoyplatinum_pinoy Registered Nurse Joined: Posts: 1,408
    Ah...hmm, I haven't had too many problems with using SC.FP as AA, but then again, maybe the Balrog's I've played against did the same as the one in the video. Also, if the jump-in is coming really deep and I was crouching, I usually just go for EX SBK.

What does "SC" mean?
    You're crazy. Sep's a hella hater. That nigga buys calendars just to rip out February 14th. He won't even masturbate because they call it self-love. -Adam Warlock, Jan 16th, 2009
    What does "SC" mean?

Standing Close

hahahah yeah az, i know about the FAR st. fierce versus rog both in the air when he jumps in from far and when used against him on the ground... what i was talking about was the CLOSE st.fierce used as an AA.

i know that you posted that it was good versus balrog awhile back... so i took it to the arcade and played againsrt one of our best rogs out here in cali, YES close st.fierce was taking out one of the heavy jumpin attacks from rog like nothing, I CLEANLY AA'd him like 5 times in a row with him switching distances and timings. but then he started jumping with the OTHER heavy attack and it was TOTALLY stuffing my close st. fierce... i couldnt let that happen as chun loses like 40% hp for doing that AA and getting it stuffed. sure i could have used a different AA in order to beat out that second heavy that he was using... but then i'm at a guessing game where i do like 8% damage if i guess right but take 40% for guessing wrong.

thats not a viable guess imho, so i went back to using jsu HK and block for my AA's versus rog when he jumps from close.

what i was wondering in that video was why the rog never switched to the other heavy to cleanly take out chuns close st. fierce.

makes me wonder if my timing was off when i used it versus the rog player out here...

doesnt seem likely as it was beating out the other heavy EVERYTIME...

also, chun can ultra through akumas air fireballs and land full ultra against him as long as he throws the fireball on the way down from his jump... timing is admittedly weird tho.

-dime

send me a friend request on Xbox live man. Ironreaver7 is my GT
    www.ironreaver.com