Chun-li Video/Discussion Thread

Comments

• boywonder502boywonder502 Joined: Posts: 35
    New to streetfighter. tips on my chun li

Hay guys i'm a Fresh Street Fighter player. More into First person shooters. As a kid i seen local arcades playing street fighter and allways wanted to give it a go. Now that street fighter 4 came out i thought i would give it a try. here is my chun li video. I would like some tips on improving my game. Be kind im BRAND new at this fighting stuff.

Chun li vs vega (claw)

http://files.filefront.com/street+fighter+4+chun+liavi/;13329233;/fileinfo.html

Sorry for the download. Better looking that way tho
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    Hay guys i'm a Fresh Street Fighter player. More into First person shooters. As a kid i seen local arcades playing street fighter and allways wanted to give it a go. Now that street fighter 4 came out i thought i would give it a try. here is my chun li video. I would like some tips on improving my game. Be kind im BRAND new at this fighting stuff.

Chun li vs vega (claw)

http://files.filefront.com/street+fighter+4+chun+liavi/;13329233;/fileinfo.html

Sorry for the download. Better looking that way tho

Not bad, not bad at all man. For an FPS gamer who is brand new to SF, you sure seem to be getting the idea down, I can see how you react to moves which is good. PM me and I'll take you under my wing, if you would like.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • boywonder502boywonder502 Joined: Posts: 35
    Here comes my 3rd ranked match.

Chun li vs sagot

Hit me up with some tips thanks guys

http://files.filefront.com/chung+li+vs+sagot+3rd+randavi/;13334733;/fileinfo.html
  • bunntabunnta Joined: Posts: 104
    lol.... your 3rd rank match was like beating up on a punching bag. looks like a beginner to sf serie! i don't see much easy matches like that on psn, i usually struggle a lot of my matches. lots of baiting is required to draw those lousy wake up dragonpunch or flaming kick. but hey your not actually that bad for a new person to the series, you got the reflexes and already can juggle.
  • bunntabunnta Joined: Posts: 104
    heres a sick video from justin wong, now my question would be does stomping headbutt the way he did it have priority against wake up dragonpunch? tryin to expand my baiting.

heres a vid for ryu but he still loses, after all it is daigo
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Chen Li Cha(Chun-Li) Vs Keitaro(Sakura)

Chen Li Cha(Chun-Li) Vs Keitaro(Guile)

Chen Li Cha(Chun-Li) Vs Keitaro(Sakura) 2
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    Two vids of me playing against a friend online on the PS3.

I won these two matches, but we split a 6-game set 3-3. He has a very solid Ryu.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

• AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 3,258
    heres a sick video from justin wong, now my question would be does stomping headbutt the way he did it have priority against wake up dragonpunch? tryin to expand my baiting.
    Nope. Not even a little. I lost count of how many times Sagat could have punished Chun.

Torem_Kamina:

Definitely need to work that EX Tatsu wake-up into my gameplan. Sacrificing damage and stun meter for psychological damage. That's some next level shit right there.

damn sagat does too much damage tiger uppercut fadc into F.RH FUCKING HURT!!!!
  • j0nsj0ns Thrive or Strive? Joined: Posts: 235

This is most likely old, seen before, but regarding the moment from 3:40, is he holding DB to charge the SBK, then UF to hit the SBK, then DB and F for the finish???
    "Well played. Religion just killed another person." - House M.D.
    Thanks alot for those videos! Just bought the game yesterday and Chun's my fave char ever since I played her in SF II but now coming back to game and noticing that there's real depth to it I'm hooked! Any more videos guys? :D
  • OokamunkaOokamunka SF2Freak/al`Thor/etc Joined: Posts: 231

This is most likely old, seen before, but regarding the moment from 3:40, is he holding DB to charge the SBK, then UF to hit the SBK, then DB and F for the finish???

I believe they're probably going from db to ub for the SBK, so that way you're still charging back from the ultra, then landing and just going f, b, f, which is the same way you would do balrog's headbutt into ultra.
  • AlbedoAlbedo Is a legs man. Joined: Posts: 209
    I believe they're probably going from db to ub for the SBK, so that way you're still charging back from the ultra, then landing and just going f, b, f, which is the same way you would do balrog's headbutt into ultra.

Yep, that sounds just about right, That was a sick finish BTW, I dunno why, but I always get in the habit of doing headstomps after I anti air with HPx2 :sweat: EX SBK seems like a better alternative...

Oh btw, sup Jons lol I didn't know you were on SRK too :tup:
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/71/

Nice matches vs Blanka and Dhalsim, 2nd and 3rd matches.

I really think Chun does well against Blanka. He Dime_x'd it with stomps for a bit at the end lol.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    That match against Blanka was fantastic. Really aggressive in the first round. The stomps were icing on the cake! With 'sim, I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. He was fairly aggressive, but chun was doing so well up until the last few moments in the last round. Close call with 'sims ultra too.

Thanks for the vid!
  • Crystalis531Crystalis531 Joined: Posts: 85
    Hey guys, here is some more videos from zoome.jp, overall I think they are fun to watch. Some of the Chun-Li matches do not start until later on so you might have to skip ahead to them. 121 has two CH fights in them, very first and very last.

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/122/
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/121/
  • Thunder SockThunder Sock Force of vestiture Joined: Posts: 222
    Good vids thanks, that viper was pretty sweet ^^

The chun in the first vid had that corner shorts->Ex.legs->Ex.SBK down so well it was coming out regardless how much metre they had :P (can't say i haven't done that also... alot -.-)
    a-cho stuff apparently:

Shinya (CH) vs. Hishou Usagi (SA)

Saw (CH) vs. Yamasan (Claw)

Saw (CH) vs. Hishou Usagi (SA)

----

Game Ace:

Tsukami (CH) vs. Kaneshiro (HO)

Tsukami (CH) vs. Oni. A (VI)

Momiage (CH) vs. Azaryuna (Dic)

Tsukami (CH) vs. Souta (SA)
  • qialqial Joined: Posts: 215
    Nope. Not even a little. I lost count of how many times Sagat could have punished Chun.
    yeah, Sagat can do a turn-around f+RH in between the stomp and the cross-up and get a guaranteed Ultra, or at least a knee if he doesn't have the meter. it's extremely dangerous--Wong just had the dude playing like a clown. not that I blame him for getting overwhelmed
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Thanks for uploading those Ciddypoo and everyone else in the thread.
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
    Here is another video, this one was posted on Mycheats.com but I did not see it here yet. While almost all these combos are in other threads here I know some people like to visually see them. It gives some good combos for Chun-Li and could be useful for new players who want to learn her.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23919

I wont lie watching Chun-Li's Ultra in slow motion is sexy, the sound it makes when she performs the upward SBK is amazing.:lovin:
    Hey Arek, good news for you. The video quality isn't as horrendous as I thought it would be!

The bad news is, it isn't worth the watch. This was the day I got the game, when I punished and rushed like a little scrublet lol. More later though! I will record against my friends and in PSN tournaments for better quality gameplay :bgrin: .
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,879
    nice chun MM, i like your style:tup:

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • oO Boil3R X OooO Boil3R X Oo German Fighter Joined: Posts: 50
    my favorite Char is also Chun...i ll post some videos next Time in here! @MM keep on! nice combo at least with the super!

like your Gameplay
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,879
    ^^ that lp,lp,lp st mp xx super wasnt a combo.... he was playin against someone who got desperate and started mashing. dude would have died either way tho which is why MM canceled into the super.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    So, check this shit out:

4:03... J. fierce crosses up? How did I not know this

Sorry about my pops talking for like 2 seconds lol.

I played insanely scrubby the first round...so you mayyyy wanna skip to the next ones. I was going to record the whole set but we cut it short since it started lagging on game two -_-.

edit: Oh yeah, it's vs a Rufus player named BlitzmanG from Canada...he's the best Rufus on PSN for now so yeah. I wanted to get raped some more but we had to cut it short...so next time you guys can help me improve in the match-ups thread :tup: .
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Hey Arek, good news for you. The video quality isn't as horrendous as I thought it would be!

The bad news is, it isn't worth the watch. This was the day I got the game, when I punished and rushed like a little scrublet lol. More later though! I will record against my friends and in PSN tournaments for better quality gameplay :bgrin: .

Heheh, good times!
    That time out in the Rui vs Adorable-Ohji game is awesome **. And yea; that fierce crossup was pretty out of the blue, maybe it has something to do with rising during wake-up.

Nice match vs BlitzmanG, Magneto.. I saw that jab out of dive kick you were talking about ^^. Seems like he coulda pressured you better on wakeup if he aimed his dive kicks to land straight above, but I have so little experience in that matchup I have no idea really. Really impressed with how you play Chun-Li.
  • Black DogBlack Dog Hakumen Joined: Posts: 129

Sorry about my pops talking for like 2 seconds lol.

I played insanely scrubby the first round...so you mayyyy wanna skip to the next ones. I was going to record the whole set but we cut it short since it started lagging on game two -_-.

edit: Oh yeah, it's vs a Rufus player named BlitzmanG from Canada...he's the best Rufus on PSN for now so yeah. I wanted to get raped some more but we had to cut it short...so next time you guys can help me improve in the match-ups thread :tup: .

Nice match. That Kikoken FADC J.RH was killer
    People care who you main
    and the combos you use.

^ Me getting beasted

^ Memory cutting off here. I lost that match, he's really better than displayed in that video...he was just testing if I would punish him for being wild. Help can still be given in video from though.

And yes, that's my scrub chair squeaking lol.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
  • sammasamma jeet kun don't Joined: Posts: 422
    Yikes, I was right there with you being a scared little bunny Chun. I don't know, but could it have been possible to take some bigger risks that could lead to a considerable payoff?
    o.-
    Great matches Magneto, definitely going to subscribe to your youtube page :).
    I appreciate the comments guys, I didn't wanna make a post just for thanking but I do acknowledge you guys enjoying them :smile: :tup: .
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    That was an intense match against Rufus Mag! His switches are so scary.. thanks for the upload :) Subscribing!
    mm has a nice chun T_T i wish my execution was that good
  • Madden:RobotBMX2K9Madden:RobotBMX2K9 Joined: Posts: 881
    This is me @ 3:00

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24043#comment_body

NOT a great learning tool, my hori stick's clickers were on lock so i couldn't do a thing, and it seems like the sticks were givin peeps problems over there too, plus guys are chatting with each other. I also have a bad habit online for doing c.lp instead of c.lk because c.lp feels more comfortable for me online because of frame advantage on block. Just great for laughs.

Also, that "random" ultra in the corner is something you do not want to be doing. I just thought that since Seth was jumping back the whole time and that their sticks weren't all that great it seems, that it seemed like a good move to pull off at the time. A_rival did give me a hard time, props to his seth.

and yes i do taunt in matches all the time.
    TALKING TRASH ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE I CAN HIDE BEHIND A KEYBOARD
    Yea, I watched that match live, Stepwned, and it made me wince a little at the damage you missed on A_Rival's Seth whilst he was stunned. I don't taunt much, so I guess I missed the point ^^.

The Reaction dash ultra on his Sonic booms was sweet, tick throws were tight too. I was expecting him to punish you for starting up your focus attack so early before the booms got to you, but no dice ^^. Good stuff.
    So DID you actually "honor quit" or did the connection just drop? :P
  • KnapstarKnapstar Joined: Posts: 150
    Your Chun Li is great MagnetoManiac way better than mine I will have to see your youtube page to see more of your exceptional play.
    VF5- Pai,Vanessa, Lion
    SFxT- Chun/ Julia (main) Juri, Asuka, Jin (potential subs)
    SF4- Chun Li, No real subs yet