The STICK ART REQUEST Thread: READ THE OP!

BIGWORMBIGWORM made the NSFW thread in IMM (RIP in pieces)Joined: Posts: 3,475 mod
For all the peeps in IMM, I've noticed an obvious influx of stick art requests in the BIG thread. So I figured, instead of searching through the BIG request thread for a template posted way back when, this thread can be the depository for stick art templates, so people would actually be able to design stick art with the button layout in mind (I do =P), and artists would refer people to this thread whenever someone requests stick art.

I'm hoping some of the artists, like Tat Guy, will step in here every once and a while and contribute. I'm not solely doing stick arts on my own--I'm more of a mediator of this thread much like str[e]ak is for the BIG ONE. A couple of small rules:

1. Stick art TEMPLATES associated with your stick art is REQUIRED! I, nor do any other artists, shouldn't be burdened with snooping around the internet looking for your template when you have 2 big resources, GOOGLE, and THE STICK TEMPLATE THREAD in the Tech Talk forum.

2. Request downtime - There's gonna be time off between posting requests, and should be a MINIMUM of 2 weeks inbetween. Nothing more scornful than a person requesting something, having it done, and request something else less than a day later.

That's pretty much it, for the moment. Got any questions, hit me up on PM or AIM = icantfeelmyhair

Comments

• todtod Joined: Posts: 216
    I think this already exists actually....?
    CFN: todoro | Fightcade: todoro | Steam: intelligentjerk | YouTube | Twitch.tv
  • EskerEsker 41236C Joined: Posts: 404
    I think this already exists actually....?

It's in Tech Talk
    Scrub. I don't want no scrub.
    Scrub is a guy who can't get no wins from me.
    Mashing on his cheap-ass pad, getting really mad,
    Throwing a tantrum at me.
  • SasmastaSasmasta Joined: Posts: 6,270
    Stick ART.

But now that the templates are posted, people can go in there and provide it, should it be there.
    :eek: -"They ate what from a cup!?"
    Since this the new official stick art request thread, I'll bite, and sorry if this is long and detailed, but it is specific, but should not be daunting in hindsight:

{snip}

I'll have a stab at it.
  • Veet1Veet1 Joined: Posts: 60
    donkey kong!!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'll have a stab at it.

Thank you very much, kind sir!!!:lovin:
    Small pic for opinions

definitely awesome so far. would you be able to make the calligraphy in the background a bit larger? Also, i guess it would be better to capitalize the "i" in my name, as well as make my name a bit larger... the kanji beside it is perfect though
  • KrosKros Mak n Sak Joined: Posts: 611
    Where's the Hori Fighting stick ex2 template at?
    3s: Makoto/Sean/Yun
    SSF4: R.I.P Makoto
    if I can trouble you for just one detail... could you add a thin silver line running across the top (across the select and start buttons) like it would look on vewlix panels, it would be definitely complete, plus what about the six holes for the panel screws and the white box around the upper left corner for the turbo that's on the template?
    if I can trouble you for just one detail... could you add a thin silver line running across the top (across the select and start buttons) like it would look on vewlix panels, it would be definitely complete, plus what about the six holes for the panel screws and the white box around the upper left corner for the turbo that's on the template?

Removing those was the first thing I did (after resizing), since a lot of people remove the turbo buttons anyway, and the screw holes can be - and really should be - cut out easily enough by lining the printed art up against the plexi top and cutting. In fact I plan on removing the button holes from the finished version as well. This should make it so that any minor cutting errors don't result in visible white areas, and you can use the cutouts in transparent buttons if you want.

I only left the holes there for the small versions so that you could see the overall picture.

Also, on an unrelated note, you shouldn't quote images the way you are doing. It makes it harder for people to read the thread. Just strip the IMG tags when you quote. I'm actually going to do that for my previous posts since those images are no longer of immediate relevance.

Anyway, latest modification (I also cleaned up the edges a bit):
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x97/KDBA/Stuff%20for%20Other%20People/YiZZAHsmall-2.jpg

And what it'll look like for actual printing:
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x97/KDBA/Stuff%20for%20Other%20People/YiZZAHsmall-3.jpg
    That makes sense, plus I can always cut from the panel. Again, thank you very much, as this art looks wonderful, and is what I was going for. I am truly appreciative.

Now off to finish this HRAP mod
    Alrighty then, here's the full-size 300DPI version (on MediaFire because Photobucket resizes): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yyzm5cmyj0i
    Alrighty then, here's the full-size 300DPI version (on MediaFire because Photobucket resizes): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yyzm5cmyj0i

Once again, I am quite grateful. Thank you so much!!!
    Once again, I am quite grateful. Thank you so much!!!

Eh, it's no biggie. I need more practice with CS3 anyway.
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    here are the remaining stick art requests from the BIG REQUEST thread:
    • Thatman_Blaze - stick art | not sure if he still wants this
    • TRAMPY - stick art | doesn't provide a template
    • _Bee_ - stick art
    i'll let everyone know that stick art requests should now be posted here.

thanks a lot, buddy. :tup:
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

• CounterhitCounterhit Joined: Posts: 1,351
    Can some one fix this:

sf3rdrap3.jpg

maybe just clean the image.

http://files.filefront.com/Template+SF3RDRAP3psd/;13041249;/fileinfo.html

so I can use it for this:

Acrylic.jpg

I don't need the window for turbo buttons.

Thank you.
    Will do tomorrow when i get home. . and Bee's if no one else has started
  • _Bee__Bee_ Joined: Posts: 91
    thnx streak for movin my request here appreciate it :)
    Edit:Heres a larger image of the Ryu. http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2517/streetfighterivchunliv2gs2.jpg
  • colinisgoodcolinisgood Joined: Posts: 104
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,251

Wow that's amazing!

Hey tat, do you happen to have that Hokuto No ken file? I have Gimp so i can do my own artwork now but i wanted to edit the one you made me cuz Raoh head gets cut off from the buttons...
  • SasmastaSasmasta Joined: Posts: 6,270
    Whoa, that is pretty vicious.
    :eek: -"They ate what from a cup!?"
  • _Bee__Bee_ Joined: Posts: 91
    Looks Amazing TatGuy Thanks
  • sir_arthursir_arthur Joined: Posts: 1,549
    Hello guys, i'd like to request art for my stick, want to make it a SF4 stick.

Template: http://www.iplaywinner.com/storage/images/hrap2-3-temp.psd

I just did pretty quickly an overview in power point, cant upload from work, just want the same size for each char and want to remove the SF IV logo from the boxer pic and put it in the middle down between dhalsim and viper and if possible with the colors to match the backgound of the chars.

Thanks.
    SFV - Karin/Sim
    KOF XIV - Love, Muimui, Iori
    KI - Sadira/Mira
  • DuckHoleDuckHole Let's Have a War! Joined: Posts: 632
    Damn Bigworm moved on up with his own thread, good shit.
    Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions! Say it bitch!

• str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    woo, sticky status. :tup:
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

• BIGWORMBIGWORM made the NSFW thread in IMM (RIP in pieces) Joined: Posts: 3,475 mod
  • colinisgoodcolinisgood Joined: Posts: 104
    Bigworm, that is awesome. Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shake well before serving
  • CounterhitCounterhit Joined: Posts: 1,351

Thank you so much, and sorry for not be clear on my recent post but, can you get rid of the wholes to?
    Am so sorry bro, and thank you on advance.:angel:
  • GrogGrog discombobulatingly Joined: Posts: 3,617
    Hey guys, hate to bother and this is my first request (shouldn't have waited so long) but I am having a stick made for me and would like a comic scan of the famous Deadpool Shoryuken. Is it possible to have that image on the template below? Thanks a million for everything you guys do.

http://picasaweb.google.com/wliu0912/Templates#5100426558234325074
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • BIGWORMBIGWORM made the NSFW thread in IMM (RIP in pieces) Joined: Posts: 3,475 mod
    Grog--gave it a shot. Let me know what you think:

deadpool.png
    I think that's abolutely amazing, good idea on the "Dead" and "Pool" around the buttons. His face on the outsides for the filler of the stick dimensions is amazing too, holy shit man good work. Thank you so much.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    =D You're welcome!

If you can, snap some pics of your stick when its done. I wanna see it in action!!
    Hell yeah, going to have blue case, white buttons and blue stick. My original thought was Captain America stuff but this is so much better.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
  • Dan's StudentDan's Student SuperTurboRyan Joined: Posts: 1,044
    Would anyone like to do a pic for me considering I will give extremely broad guidelines on the art itself? I like how amazingly creative you guys are, and every time I try and think of a good design it doesn't look as good in the end. Basically I'll only give you the words, and the character/style, and the stick template and dimensions.

If so please let me know!!! I had an amazing pic done for me the other month, but I ended up getting a new stick with different dimensions and layout, so I need a completely new pic.
    PSN: Th3_Greench_SRK (Skullgirls, SFxT, SSF2THDR, MK9, SCV, KOFXIII, T6)

XBL: Th3 Greench (SSF2THDR, SSFIVAE:V2012, UMVC3, MVC2)
    Would anyone like to do a pic for me considering I will give extremely broad guidelines on the art itself? I like how amazingly creative you guys are, and every time I try and think of a good design it doesn't look as good in the end. Basically I'll only give you the words, and the character/style, and the stick template and dimensions.

If so please let me know!!! I had an amazing pic done for me the other month, but I ended up getting a new stick with different dimensions and layout, so I need a completely new pic.

i will. . .
    i will. . .

YO! You did my last one didn't you? Anyways stick art guidelines are:

- Dimensions of the art should be 8.5" x 12", according to the person building my stick.

- Zangief in there somewhere. I'd much prefer a pic of him from Alpha/marvel and on, and not this pose/pic. Since it's been used a few times now, lol.

- Capcom blue and yellow logo on the bottom right corner.

- Zangief's name, in a spray paint/graffiti style.

- Works around this stick template. But without the last two buttons on the right (6 button setup in other words, obviously).

- Everything in black & white EXCEPT for the Capcom logo.

Like I said the only problem with my previous stick art, is that now I have a new stick with slightly different dimensions. Also, my layout is different, and Gief's face was blocked by the stick placement no matter how I did it. I have no issue with Gief being blocked by something (since it's hard not to) however I hate it when the face is blocked, looks out of place.

- So I guess the last point would be, good Gief sizing/placement so his face isn't blocked by the stick! Lol.

If you want to see the old one, it's right here.

Whew, I guess that actually is a lot of guidelines. Anyways, thanks so much in advance AGAIN, appreciate it!!!

Ok word from Kaytrim (building my stick), the button bezels are 33mm instead of 30mm so those are going to cover up the "Dead" and "Pool" around them, any chance the buttons can be widened just a smidge? Also I tried but it keeps looking like garbage, could you get "Grog" on the bottom right? Don't care how, what color or anything as long as it doesn't look bad :rofl:

I really appreciate it, thank you.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com
    no one free to help me? :sad:
    SFV - Karin/Sim
    KI - Sadira/Mira
    Ok word from Kaytrim (building my stick), the button bezels are 33mm instead of 30mm so those are going to cover up the "Dead" and "Pool" around them, any chance the buttons can be widened just a smidge? Also I tried but it keeps looking like garbage, could you get "Grog" on the bottom right? Don't care how, what color or anything as long as it doesn't look bad :rofl:

I really appreciate it, thank you.

Gimme a little bit, I'll whip that out later today.
    - Dimensions of the art should be 8.5" x 12", according to the person building my stick.

- Zangief in there somewhere. I'd much prefer a pic of him from Alpha/marvel and on, and not this pose/pic. Since it's been used a few times now, lol.

- Capcom blue and yellow logo on the bottom right corner.

- Zangief's name, in a spray paint/graffiti style.

- Works around this stick template. But without the last two buttons on the right (6 button setup in other words, obviously).

- Everything in black & white EXCEPT for the Capcom logo.

Like I said the only problem with my previous stick art, is that now I have a new stick with slightly different dimensions. Also, my layout is different, and Gief's face was blocked by the stick placement no matter how I did it. I have no issue with Gief being blocked by something (since it's hard not to) however I hate it when the face is blocked, looks out of place.

- So I guess the last point would be, good Gief sizing/placement so his face isn't blocked by the stick! Lol.

If you want to see the old one, it's right here.

Whew, I guess that actually is a lot of guidelines. Anyways, thanks so much in advance AGAIN, appreciate it!!!

Anyone willing to take a stab at this??? My stick is almost done, would love to see this on it when it gets here! =] Oh, and PM me if anyone does it for me, thanks!!!

Me and Tat should have these stick arts (hopefully) completed by Thursday sometime. I'm hoping to whip out two of them tomorrow (including modding Grog's).

Wish us luck!
    Me and Tat should have these stick arts (hopefully) completed by Thursday sometime. I'm hoping to whip out two of them tomorrow (including modding Grog's).

Wish us luck!

Hey before you start on mine check your PM's, ran into a few troubles, don't want you to waste time on it haha.
    no one cares syxx

www.dontblowthis.com

Wish us luck!

You guys do such a great service for SRK members, and don't ask anything in return. Thanks, you guys deserve it!

Wish us luck!

Good luck :wgrin:, and yeah you guys are awesome, thanks for you time and effort. :tup:
    SFV - Karin/Sim
    KI - Sadira/Mira
    Grog:

BLEW IT UP!! As requested:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t74qu1

I had to upload the .png to sendspace...it's 6.5 megs big...for a picture...