The STICK ART REQUEST Thread: READ THE OP!

Comments

• galvatron2k1galvatron2k1 Joined: Posts: 7
    Interested in trying my first attempt at modding a stick and was hoping somebody would be willing to try their hands at the artwork.

The template is here - http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/MadCatz/MadCatzFightStick_PanelTemplate.psd

I would like to do a clean style with Hulk (Ultimate Marvel 3) in either Blue, Red, or Green (black background) with C.C. - 45 for my initials on the stick. If anybody would be willing to take it on, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks.

Is it too late to change a request? I'm hoping nobody started on this, but I was browsing Deviantart and saw this galvatron picture and thought it would be perfect. Can anybody just adjust it a little bit and put it on the stick template? Going with the clean theme, I'd like to put Galvatron on the left hand side or middle, move the name Galvatron to the right (and add 2k1 in the same font if possible). Also, can the lavendar background be darkened a few shades?

If this isn't permitted, I can just delete this and go back to the Hulk request but I got excited when I saw this so I figured I'd ask.

Artwork - http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=galvatron#/d1bbykr

Again, thanks to anybody willing to assist.
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
  • Lord BritishLord British Joined: Posts: 318
    Its too small :(

Click download on the side, it's 3000px tall!
    Its too small :(

How big does it need to be? I'm assuming since it's portrait and not landscape? Just curious if I find something else, what's a good gauge on requirements?
  • CerebralVortexCerebralVortex The Psychonaut Joined: Posts: 176
    I don't mean to step on Soothsayer's toes, but I had some time before squash practice so I threw this together:

Thank you Lord British. I hope he doesn't mind also. That looks great. Now is there a way to make it kinda "glow." I really like how your Vega artwork has that gold glow to it. Could you do something similar to mine with silver?
    Thank you Lord British. I hope he doesn't mind also. That looks great. Now is there a way to make it kinda "glow." I really like how your Vega artwork has that gold glow to it. Could you do something similar to mine with silver?

While I admit the character artwork from that Vega stick isn't mine--it's something a friend wanted for a basic stick--I tried to create a similar effect here:

teslash2.png

What say you? Glowy enough? Glow it up some more?
    Click download on the side, it's 3000px tall!
    Oh wow...totally missed that. Thanks :)
    While I admit the character artwork from that Vega stick isn't mine--it's something a friend wanted for a basic stick--I tried to create a similar effect here:

What say you? Glowy enough? Glow it up some more?

There we go, that's looking more like the picture in my head. Let's see what happens when you glow it up some more.
    There we go, that's looking more like the picture in my head. Let's see what happens when you glow it up some more.

I think we're reaching glow critical mass:

teslash3.png

I agree. Can you do the glow like the first one, just over the entire scratches?
    I agree. Can you do the glow like the first one, just over the entire scratches?

I think you lose a lot of the metal detail that way, but you decide:

teslash4.png
    Love your glow effect. Teach a fellow Brit oh lord! :D
    Is it too late to change a request?
    Artwork - http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=galvatron#/d1bbykr
    Again, thanks to anybody willing to assist.
    Does this work for ya?

190114.gif
    That is perfect, thank you!!!

Edit: Actually, would it be a lot of trouble to keep the stick exactly the way it is (Galvatron, Decepticon Emblem, and tag) but with the background completely black or black and grey to offset the lavendar and purple?

If not, that's cool too. Just wanted to see the look of both.
  • hamburglarhamburglar Probably robbing McDonalds Joined: Posts: 59
    I am looking to get a Pulp Fiction theme artwork for the stick I am building from scratch.

Here is a template file that I whipped up.... As well as a layer that has a rough idea of what I am looking for. Honestly it is open to the the artist interpretation though.
    I think you lose a lot of the metal detail that way, but you decide:

You're right. Okay, I'm liking the very first one you did with the glow, but can you put the glow on the left side, instead of the right. I should be satisfied after that, I know I'm being real annoying(like the guy you help move and says "put that there... no wait move it over here...um..nevermind, put it back") Thank you again, for your help and patience.
    You're right. Okay, I'm liking the very first one you did with the glow, but can you put the glow on the left side, instead of the right. I should be satisfied after that, I know I'm being real annoying(like the guy you help move and says "put that there... no wait move it over here...um..nevermind, put it back") Thank you again, for your help and patience.

teslash5.png

Et voila?
  • deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,667

I say have the glow in the middle and refine it so it looks like a shimmer instead of a light glow
    RETIRED INDEFINITELY
  • Ding-dongDing-dong Joined: Posts: 16

Thank you again for the artwork I printed it off yesterday at kinkos, it looks fantastic! any tips for cutting the buttons/joystick/control panel out? I have no clue where to start as the cutouts arent visible. a link will suffice as well :)
    Thank you again for the artwork I printed it off yesterday at kinkos, it looks fantastic! any tips for cutting the buttons/joystick/control panel out? I have no clue where to start as the cutouts arent visible. a link will suffice as well :)

This link is in french but the pictures are more than enough:

http://www.studiosushi.com/tutorial-madcatz-se-sanwa-mod-art/

Edit:
    Also this:
    http://driph.com/words/2009/02/howto-add-new-art-to-your-madcatz-fightstick/
  • Spaceman Spiff!Spaceman Spiff! 3-0DoNE!-Seth Army! Joined: Posts: 599
    hey guys i know it may be a bit of a longshot since im only making a request,
    but im looking for some morrigan themed stick art in time for FinalRound.
    i just ordered a tek-innovations stick so i need the art for the top panel.i know theres a template in the tech talk stick art thread but i cant open the psd.
    its a purple and green themed stick so if anyones up for a challenge or bored then my only specifications for the art are that the purples and greens of morrigans colors be enhanced to match the buttons and plexi components of the stick. i would also like the quote "There is no escape" somewhere at the top or bottom of the stick.im not too picky about font,color matched would be nice.

im not picky about the art either,as long as its her default color,she can be naked,clothed,kimono,bikini,whatever. the more seductive/provocative the better.
    thanks a million!!!either way,if it gets done or not.:D

edit:some of the art i was considering doing before i realized my PS trial expired. fail.
    http://img4.gelbooru.com//samples/1127/sample_08634874228d3a7d58d4ce3386ad4dba.jpg?1337706
    http://lionheartctp.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=120#/d7cm11

anyone having any luck with this one yet?just curious now that the template and size have been figured out.
    If you know you're gonna die, then try it.
    SSF4- Ibuki
    BlazBlue- Tao
    MvC2-Clockw0rk.
    :tup:
    A variation based on deathzero's suggestion:

teslash6.png

Sparkly.
    anyone having any luck with this one yet?just curious now that the template and size have been figured out.

I'm pretty sure Soothsayer said he was going to work on it, but he seems to have a lot on the go so it might take a while?
  • deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,667
    I took a shot at it

madcatz.png
    RETIRED INDEFINITELY
  • SoothsayerSoothsayer ↑,↑,↓,↓,←,→,←,→, B, A, SELECT, Start. Joined: Posts: 305
    A variation based on deathzero's suggestion.

I'm pretty sure Soothsayer said he was going to work on it, but he seems to have a lot on the go so it might take a while?

An understatement.

I never could get it right anyways.
    PSN: Soothsayer04 | XBL: Thomas A Hawkk
    Feel free to add me on either account, For Ultimate Marvel or Street Fighter. Now with MORE Skullgirls.
    My Artwork Request Thread -
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soothsayers-artwork-request-thread.154447/
    I say have the glow in the middle and refine it so it looks like a shimmer instead of a light glow
    A variation based on deathzero's suggestion:

Sparkly.
    Dude, that is PERFECT. Thank you guys so much, all you guys in here do awesome work! Thank you deathzerox for your suggestion, that's exactly how I pictured it in my head. Okay so what do I do now. I'll read through this thread to see what to ask for when getting this printed. Thanks again everyone.
    Dude, that is PERFECT. Thank you guys so much, all you guys in here do awesome work! Thank you deathzerox for your suggestion, that's exactly how I pictured it in my head. Okay so what do I do now. I'll read through this thread to see what to ask for when getting this printed. Thanks again everyone.

Glad you like it. Here's the file to take to get printed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ied23e7gf46e7f
    Since this will be going on the bottom, should I ask for something more heavy duty? This will be the first artwork I ever printed, so I don't want to ask for the wrong thing. I think I'll be taking it to staples to get printed. Anyone know about how much it will cost? I can't thank you guys enough for all your help, I'll be sure to post up pics when its done.
  • Nuke54Nuke54 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys. I just recently got a WWE Brawl Stick, and would like to change up the art on it. I was really hoping that someone far more talented than myself could help with a Mike Haggar theme. I haven't had much luck finding decent Haggar art. This is the best I was able to find : http://imageshack.us/f/545/haggarhulk.png/

If you think you could make a badass theme without it, feel free to get creative with it. If you do end up using it I would just like it flipped horizontally and fit so that you can see both faces after buttons would be put on. After that do whatever you think makes it look best. I will also be upgrading my buttons and joystick to green with black frames if that will help you with the color scheme.

Thanks a lot.
    Edit: Actually, would it be a lot of trouble to keep the stick exactly the way it is (Galvatron, Decepticon Emblem, and tag) but with the background completely black or black and grey to offset the lavendar and purple?
    You mean like this?
    xoh1zn.gif
  • xToxikDeathxToxikDeath Henshin a go go baby Joined: Posts: 131
    Soothsayer not to bother or anything but how's the artwork I requested coming along ?
    GT:diazt350
    Death is Certain Life is Not
    You mean like this?

Thanks. I'm going to keep both. Just realized the WWE Brawlstick has black border, so I think the purple is going to go good on that one and I'm sure I'll pick up another SE stick (white border) somewhere down the road. Thanks a bunch! They are great!
  • MhintTeaMhintTea ~.Minty.~ Joined: Posts: 615
    Im taking a few request, you guys can find my template thread in my sig with some of my works.
    Whats the best way to hand out these artworks? I've actually never printed/replaced art on a stick so not sure. PDF? Tif? orginal PSD?
    Whats the best way to hand out these artworks? I've actually never printed/replaced art on a stick so not sure. PDF? Tif? orginal PSD?

As far as printing most people take PSD's in to the shop on a flash drive, though PDF's will work as well and just go from there~
    As far as printing most people take PSD's in to the shop on a flash drive, though PDF's will work as well and just go from there~
    Cheers :) Great work btw! :D
    No worries! come by and request sometime :D!
  • Spaceman Spiff!Spaceman Spiff! 3-0DoNE!-Seth Army! Joined: Posts: 599
    anyone else besides soothsayer willing to give it a shot then?
    If you know you're gonna die, then try it.
    SSF4- Ibuki
    BlazBlue- Tao
    MvC2-Clockw0rk.
    :tup:
    So I'm finally free of everything that was holding me down. And I got some spare time. Back to pumping out templates but I need critiques and feedback.
    That is excellent! I like the every aspect of it.
    Now for tweaks:
    Again, great job. Thank you!
    -Fare
    I was having trouble moving the rays so I just decided to work with this now when you said expand Yoshimitsu I assume you meant the left one the SC5 one which would be an easy enough thing to do I wasn't sure so I didn't do that, pretty much all I did was add a very transparent Yoshimitsu SC4 ironically you now have the third flying in from the corner, the 4th enlarged and shadowing and the Yoshi II next to the Joystick and it looks something like this...
    25p4l02.jpg

Let me know if you like this one or previous I just.
    Soothsayer not to bother or anything but how's the artwork I requested coming along ?
    It looks something like this but it just looks horrible even if I were to fit it into the black areas of the under image so I was thinking of just taking the logo from the top image making it pretty transparent while leaving the white edging in tact so it will look crisp and you will still be able to see people's faces and maybe I can fetch the World Ends With You Logo and stamp it on there? I don't know, up to you get back to me on if you want something completely different or what not.
    2nba5it.jpg
    Hey guys. I just recently got a WWE Brawl Stick, and would like to change up the art on it. I was really hoping that someone far more talented than myself could help with a Mike Haggar theme. I haven't had much luck finding decent Haggar art. This is the best I was able to find.
    Can you handle it? super simple 30min rough design, not even close to done.
    2ymt0dw.jpg
    Feel free to add me on either account, For Ultimate Marvel or Street Fighter. Now with MORE Skullgirls.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/soothsayers-artwork-request-thread.154447/
  • xToxikDeathxToxikDeath Henshin a go go baby Joined: Posts: 131

It looks something like this but it just looks horrible even if I were to fit it into the black areas of the under image so I was thinking of just taking the logo from the top image making it pretty transparent while leaving the white edging in tact so it will look crisp and you will still be able to see people's faces and maybe I can fetch the World Ends With You Logo and stamp it on there? I don't know, up to you get back to me on if you want something completely different or what not.

Yes that sounds really good but I forgot to mention to take out the grey characters and just the leave the logo and fix it how you said you were It would look awesome like that
    http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/the-world-ends-with-you/logo.jpg
    here's the logo so you don't need to go look for it
    GT:diazt350
    Death is Certain Life is Not
    Yes that sounds really good but I forgot to mention to take out the grey characters and just the leave the logo and fix it how you said you were It would look awesome like that
    http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/the-world-ends-with-you/logo.jpg
    here's the logo so you don't need to go look for it
    Your logo is a little small but I found a bigger one :)
    More like this right?
    8z067r.jpg
    Heres my attempt at it but its missing something...don't know what.
    nx6q0y.gif