Is it worth it?

2»

Comments

• M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188
    The wii has plenty of fighting games (more than the 360 and PS3 if you include vc ):

Dragon Ball Z budokai tenkaichi 2-3
    Bleach Shattered Blade
    Naruto Clash of Revolution 1-2
    Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX-EX2
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
    King of Fighters Orochi saga
    Super Smash bros. Brawl
    Castlvania Judgment
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (import only)

and for vc:

Street Fighter 2's from SNES and Sega Generation
    Art of Fighting 1-2
    World Heroes
    Fatal Fury 1-2
    Virtual Fighter 2
    Samurai Shodown 1-2
    King of Monsters
    Eternal Champions

And there still unreleased titles:

Samurai Shodown Anthology(Mar 09)
    TMNT fighter (TBA)
    Toshinden (TBA)

The real question is what kind of fighting games do you like. The wii is more of a classic/retro 2D and nontraditional/free-roaming 3D fighter console. While the 360 and PS3 are more traditional in both 2D and 3D aspect. I tell you this if you already have a PS3 you're not going to find much if any fighting games for the 360 that can not already be purchased for your PS3.

Not to mention a few GC titles if you have a controller for it:

- Capcom vs. Snk 2 EO
    - Soul Calibur II
    - Smash bros. Melee
    - Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
    - X-men Next Dimension
    - Marvel Nemesis
    - many many more

Most Wii fighters (including TVC) support a GC controller so buying a stick for GC would be a great way to get your fighting
    fix on Wii.

Honestly, the only thing a PS3 would be good for, in your case, is blu-ray.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • xplicitxplicit Joined: Posts: 140
    If you're really set on buying a new console, get the wii. I own all three systems, (no, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk), and I find myself picking up the wiimote or sixaxis way more than the xbox 360 controller. Microsoft isn't really doing it for me with the console exclusives, besides Halo 3 and gears. And pretty much everything thats on the 360 will get a ps3 release so why buy it anyways? TvC's US release, considering the online possibility, already justifies the Wii purchase IMO.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Dude, PS3 ownz a weak ass wii. bluray+hd space+usb+Linux. Oh yah and no Street Fighter 4 on Wii. Nintendo needs a new system thats totally backwards compatible with Wii/DS games. Have you seen the motion controls Sony presented at E3. It ownz Wii motion sensor system.
  • めっさつめっさつ Joined: Posts: 108
    For TvC online, i say it's worth it in that sense. Not too expensive of a system if you consider a 360 which would be about 50 bucks more (pro, 60Gb hdd, not including tax)
    笑止
  • MackinzieMackinzie Team Scrub Joined: Posts: 1,524
    honostly i say just use a ps2 and dreamcast. way better games. on those systems than on the wii 360 or ps3 (with the exception of mgs4)
    Me to Amir - Mirror Mirror on the wall who the fuck is this infidall!
  • OktopuSOktopuS Joined: Posts: 52
    i'd say get it u aint got a problem throwing away money on something, i enjoy the wii for it offers, i do have both tvc & smbb and many others but its like i have a PS3 which i play all the time and wii only really used like 1 a week and thats pushing it. its fun a console but only spend money on it, if u dont really care about the outcome of ur purchase down the line.
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    i'd say get it u aint got a problem throwing away money on something, i enjoy the wii for it offers, i do have both tvc & smbb and many others but its like i have a PS3 which i play all the time and wii only really used like 1 a week and thats pushing it. its fun a console but only spend money on it, if u dont really care about the outcome of ur purchase down the line.

im pretty sure this post is full of win :).
2»