The Dynasty/Samurai/Gundam/Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) Warriors thread

DietSoapDietSoap BulletballerJoined: Posts: 509
Before some *** that fell off the GameFaqs shortbus comes in here and tries to correct me, yes, I'm well aware it's not called "Gundam Warriors", but the real US name is fucking retarded and we all know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, I've been pumped as hell for DWG2 lately, so as a result I bought Samurai Warriors 2 for 360 and just now finished unlocking everyone but Ranmaru. Mitsuhide's stealth mission is making me want to put my balls in a blender.

Also, did anyone actually like the combat system in DW6? Or like DW6 in general? I feel like a sucker, but I'm actually really wanting DW6 Empires... :shake:

I know it's still the Renbu system... But c'mon, it's Empires, which means it rocks so HORD, and the CAW looks like it's gonna be gdlk.
"if you see cute/hot broads and immediatly think about having sex with them then you're a homosexual where i come from." ~Thurst

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,309 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BOOOOO

this poll loses for lack of ronin warriors.

in before: quake with fear
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Hazank0Hazank0 Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 1,198
    admittedly, dynasty warriors gundam was a terrible game, and I would not have bought it if it did not have gundam in the title (long time gundamaniac)

that said, no game has ever intoxicated me like that game. Easily one of the most addictive titles ive ever played. i played that game like i had the devil in me for a solid month. good times.

and for the sequel, it looks like they actually tried to make a good game. combo system and graphics, along with AI look vastly superior to the first one. cant wait.

edit: white womenz ftw (im black so you already know what it is)
    Online Fighting games...no thanks.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 21,231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hahaha......I was gonna make a thread about Koei Warriors.

I haven't really played the PS# games yet, but I've heard mainly that DW6 felt like a rushed game to get to the PS3/360.

I mean............Guan Ping w/ Lu Meng movesets? I was heartbroken.

Well obviously I became a WArriors fan, and got at least one Warriors game for all my systems except the Wii.

I might even get DW6 for the PS2 just because........

Anyway, I'm hyped for:

DW6: Empires
    DW Gundam 2
    DW Strikeforce
    SW3
    Warriors Orochi Z (PS3)

What I Have:
    Dynasty Warriors 4
    Dynasty Warriors 5:XL
    Dynasty Warriors Advance
    Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighters Battle
    Warriors Orochi - hype game!
    Samurai Warriors 2/XL
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundam

maxx: are you fuckin serious?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • TaygetaVendettaTaygetaVendetta HDR Joined: Posts: 562
    Samurai Warriors 2 is my favorite game in the franchise. Fleshed out story mode for basically every character and great stages.

The games are not very good, but at the same time are addicting. Some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, ugly graphics (even DW6 doesn't look that good) and braindead AI. Yet I keep playing them and buying more of them.

I don't think anyone actually liked DW6. They cut way too many characters out of it and had way too many characters with identical movesets. Just a really lazy entry overall. I did like some of the character redesigns, though. Its the first Dynasty game where its not 50% giant dudes with massive amounts of facial hair and 49% androgynous and/or young dudes with ponytails and 1% Cao Cao.

DW: Gundam is the only Warriors game I haven't played. For some reason it never drops in price used for the 360.

Samurai Warriors 3 (praying it is multiplatform and not Wii exclusive) is the only upcoming Warriors game I'm really looking forward to. May get Orochi Z too, if they add enough new stuff. Or a bikini outfit for Ginchiyo and Nu Wa :coffee:
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Wow, this is handy. I JUST got DW6 yesterday, and I wanted to dig up the old thread, but this is better. This is the first DW game I'm actually playing hardcore, and I know most people will probably call me a nub for this, but I'm really liking the Renbu system.

I'm DEFINATELY hype for Gundam 2 though. Always meant to pick up the first one, but never did. I'm really just waiting for 3's inevitable release though, so I can get some fucking 00 mechs.
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,309 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

maxx: are you fuckin serious?

:rofl:

not one bit but since this is a versus thread its gonna get locked..might as have fun while i can.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/

not one bit but since this is a versus thread its gonna get locked..might as have fun while i can.

It's not.............it's about the Koei "Warriors" games.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • DietSoapDietSoap Bulletballer Joined: Posts: 509
    and for the sequel, it looks like they actually tried to make a good game. combo system and graphics, along with AI look vastly superior to the first one. cant wait.
    Pretty much. Everyone's saying the first was basically a beta for the sequel.
    I haven't really played the PS# games yet, but I've heard mainly that DW6 felt like a rushed game to get to the PS3/360...

...snip...

...What I Have:
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Wait, just to clarify, you have or you haven't played DW6?

But yeah, personally I felt Orochi was just too much... But I probably ought to go back and give it another go, cuz I played it when I had to many other games to play.

Also I'm pretty iffy on Strike Force... The styling looks badass, but it doesn't really look to play like a Warriors game AT All. Guess I should just wait till I get my hands on it to say anymore.
    "if you see cute/hot broads and immediatly think about having sex with them then you're a homosexual where i come from." ~Thurst
    Pretty much. Everyone's saying the first was basically a beta for the sequel.

Wait, just to clarify, you have or you haven't played DW6?

But yeah, personally I felt Orochi was just too much... But I probably ought to go back and give it another go, cuz I played it when I had to many other games to play.

Also I'm pretty iffy on Strike Force... The styling looks badass, but it doesn't really look to play like a Warriors game AT All. Guess I should just wait till I get my hands on it to say anymore.

I haven't played DW6........but I own a copy.
    If I had my PS3 hooked up I'd be all over DW6 and Gundam.
    I mean, my main gife about the game I have based on what I have seen/read about it is that Guan Ping has a Halbred and Ling Tong is without his nunchaku..........I called BS.
    DW5 I think had the best movesets for everyone.

Keep in mind, I think that Strikeforce was made to be more like a multiplayer party game. I mean it's okay for Japan (I heard Warriors games are like GODLY over there).....but I know NO ONE in my area that likes these games like I do.

I mean I didn't even know there's a Dynasty Warriors online MMO.........fuckin sweet.

-Traitor Aizen Souske

The first Orochi is really good, the 2nd not so much. The second is basically just the first one with the Samurai Warriors 2 XL characters thrown in + 7 new characters. And a new stage or two. Very few gameplay enhancements. Feels more like a mod to the PC version of the first game than a true sequel.

The focus is entirely on the "new" characters to Orochi2 and the rest of the cast is kind of left out for the most part in the story. Theres a nice mix and more interesting story in the first one.

With the 3 person team mechanic still in there, though, Orochi2 is still fun to play.
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • DietSoapDietSoap Bulletballer Joined: Posts: 509
    I mean I didn't even know there's a Dynasty Warriors online MMO.........fuckin sweet.
    I'm so glad they haven't brought that over here. That shit would seriously end my life. :lol:
    I know most people will probably call me a nub for this, but I'm really liking the Renbu system.
    Hey, atleast someone is. This gives me hopes that maybe I can learn to like it in Empires 6. :lol:

... How did you find this site if you can't read?
    snip
    Yeah, the 2nd was like exactly the same thing. It wasn't actually made to be a sequel, though, the just added the 2 when they brought it over here.

Speaking of SW2 XL, what exactly did they add in that?
    Speaking of SW2 XL, what exactly did they add in that?

Its like all the other XL games, just an expansion pack for the main game. More characters and stages. SW2 XL has 6 new characters, a new mode called Mercenary Mode, the level cap is raised from 50 to 70 and 5th weapons are added.

The new characters are pretty cool (2 of them are special NPCs from SW2 that just had generic movesets in SW2 Empires, they gave them unique weapons/movesets for XL...Katsuie and Kojiro, if you remember either of them). Worth 30 dollars, though? That depends on how much you love Samurai Warriors 2. You can download it from the Xbox Live Marketplace for the 360.
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    "Welcome to China" BGM = Best thing about DW6 :lol:

Warriors Orochi is dope, combines everything I love about both series into one game. Making some the SW2 characters' most fun/abusive moves require meter (i.e. Ginchiyo & Kenshin) is my only gripe. Long as they give me a WO3 they can experiment all they want with the main DW/SW games from now on.

Although completely different, I also liked Bladestorm. It really was just a glorified rock-paper-scissors, but it was a great time-sink. Unlike the Musou games, it was a lot harder to try going solo w/ only your squad.
  • thisbjonthisbjon Joined: Posts: 19
    I like Samurai Warriors. I only played the first on ps2. I like Dynasty Warriors too, but I want ninjas in my game. I've only played 1,3 and 6 in they Dynasty Warriors series. I can't wait for Orochi Z.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i played dynasty warriors 4 and had fun, but i heard that all of the sequels are exactly the same.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • uknowuwishuweremeuknowuwishuwereme sneaky surprise attk Joined: Posts: 97
    The series is much more enjoyable if you learn to enjoy the music.

ST - Sim, Guile, Boxer
    CvS2 - C - Cammy, Guile, R2 Blanka
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I voted for white women.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Poison To You Joined: Posts: 16,303
    The white woman.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • KayinKayin rawr Joined: Posts: 2,115
    Sengoku Basara > Any Warriors game.
    "Games improve execution? Really? I thought the only way to improve execution is to post retarded questions about how to use a stick in tech talk." - Starcade RIP
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,512
    Also, did anyone actually like the combat system in DW6? Or like DW6 in general? I feel like a sucker, but I'm actually really wanting DW6 Empires... :shake:

I like the DW6 system. People act like you didn't just spam the same couple combos for most characters in the old games (charge 4 and charge 6 mainly), so mashing the light attack button all the time is not that much of a loss. I like how you end up using your normal attacks to keep the swarms off you like in the old games, but then instead of relying on some potentially crap charge attack to clear out around you and hope you stay safe during your recovery you can just roll out of harm's way and start mashing again until you have a clear opening for your charge attacks. Plus for some reason playing as a low-level character in DW6 isn't quite as painfully boring as it is in the older games.

The only thing I really had a problem with in 6 was the way that enemies mostly just fall over when you hit them, instead of flying away. I miss the times when you would do a charge 6 attack and send like 20 dudes blasting off into the horizon.

As long as they build on the foundation of DW6 and get rid of the clone move sets and add a little more depth/features here and there or whatever I will be satisfied. At least they actually showed their willingness to make significant changes in their sequels after all this time, the lazy bastards.

Don't let the history books fool you, Xiahou Dun ate his fucking eye just because he was a badass and felt like being a pirate. Plus he got tired of raping everyone so bad so he wanted to give them a handicap.
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm kinda excited for Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 but it had better address some of the glaring problems with the first.

Like lacking a playable Dr. B in his DRB-0069 Mad Sexy B-Gundam.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    I finished DW6 around last march. I'm curious though, what's in Empires?
    I'm a fan of the series but I never got the Empires versions of games.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    I guess I should glad that DW6: Empires got pushed back till June...........I'm hoping Koei would be adding/improving features. This will be my first time playing an Empires games....so I hope it's pretty good.

From what I gather Empires is more strategy based.....like controlling lands, setting policies and stuff....based on the Romance of Three Kingdoms series.
    In 'Empire Mode,' the player can choose a ruler for their forces, along with two main generals. Three minor lieutenants can also be chosen for support. In battle, the capture of enemy officers is possible by lowering their morale and defeating them. If, at the end of the battle, the player is victorious, it is possible to hire the captured officer or, alternatively, release them. Before every battle, the player is given the choice of using 'Political Tactics,' such as increasing or decreasing time limit of battles or preventing enemy reinforcements from arriving during battles. The player can also secure alliances with other forces; these alliances can change how the game progresses, such as requesting reinforcements from the allied forces against opposing forces. However, these alliances only last for a set time decided by the tactic used
    Description of DW4: Empires........the first Empires expansion.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Mr.NoodleMr.Noodle Rage...Rising... Joined: Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I haven't bought a new game Dynasty warriors game since the 3rd game(got DW4 as a gift). I like this series, but I'm tired of seeing the same old shit again.
    Im tellin y'all a story in a gangsta way/ Thats how I roll nigga, AYE BAY BAY!!!!/ DingDang McGee
  • Episode_667Episode_667 Hybrid Dolphin Joined: Posts: 656
    Sengoku Basara > Any Warriors game.

Seconded. Capcom character design + Koei hack and slash == massive fun. PHAAAAAANTOOOOOOM.....DIVE!

EDIT: We need CyberAkuma in here as well, to drum up further support for the Basara cause.
    "That's like practicing godhand by playing dynasty warriors." - DropOff
  • DuckyDucky CLOSE YO MOUF, SON Joined: Posts: 2,910
    I love the Dynasty Warriors series... I haven't messed with 6 yet but it didn't really have a big draw to me. Warriors Orochi on the PSP - what a fantastic port.
    Marching through your continents, conquering your provinces.
    I love the Dynasty Warriors series... I haven't messed with 6 yet but it didn't really have a big draw to me. Warriors Orochi on the PSP - what a fantastic port.

Truth..........it's the one game I play most on my PSP.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Does Orochi 2 have character creation, or just 1?
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
    Does Orochi 2 have character creation, or just 1?

Neither..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ReXXXSopranoReXXXSoprano Triple Da G.O.D! Joined: Posts: 1,509
    The Warriors/Musou series is that real shit. To be honest my earliest memories of the series lie in Part 1 due to a demo cd I had back in the day. I love the simplistic but complicated nature of just pressing some buttons and killing shit is great. And then to add Erupting Burning Finger to the mix just took the formula to another level. The only problem I had with the Gundam joint was the lack of original VA's from the series but it really didn't taint the experience at all. And Warriors Orochi just did the inevatable by combining the 2 universes and making it work. And for anybody who loves the Warriors Series should go download the demo of Bladestorm. Shit is fire and is a more like Kessen than Warriors/Musou but still a great play.
  • DuckyDucky CLOSE YO MOUF, SON Joined: Posts: 2,910
    Truth..........it's the one game I play most on my PSP.

Warriors Orochi has some broke ass combos though... you can overpower the hell outta your characters, also some characters have some broken assists with each other. Sun Jian has that R1+direction special where he sacrifices life for a 10 secs of infinite musou, swap to another character with a strong musou... fucking ridiculous. You can do Sun Jian/Gan Ning combo and travel an entire map using Gan Ning's musou in no time at all.
    Marching through your continents, conquering your provinces.
    Warriors Orochi has some broke ass combos though... you can overpower the hell outta your characters, also some characters have some broken assists with each other. Sun Jian has that R1+direction special where he sacrifices life for a 10 secs of infinite musou, swap to another character with a strong musou... fucking ridiculous. You can do Sun Jian/Gan Ning combo and travel an entire map using Gan Ning's musou in no time at all.

I never really tried using Sun Jian's ability often......because I abuse it, and end up nearly killing Jian, but I do love using it to setup Musou cancels.

Then there are some that I think are so broken, that their Musou attacks seem useless............Guan Ping comes to mind. Guan Ping's C4 attack alone can rape Chaos officers and Orochi all day.

And Diao Chan's R1 is not right..........owns everything.

In DW4 I hated facing LuBu...........in WO, he's just a Tuesday.

Another thing I like about WO is how the weapons can merged and customized.....so I can have a variety of elemental wepaons for each character.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • kainzerokainzero kimchee ii darou Joined: Posts: 437
    the orochi series is awesome. broken ass combos, a ton of unlockables, and a really dumb and stupid story. it's what makes warriors for me. WO2 was even more broken with the almighty weapon mod, if you have speed on your weapon you gotta totally mash the attack button or your combo won't even come out.

dw6 is just awful. the renbu system feels less skilled. for the most part the classic system was all C4 or C6 spam, but it wasn't really about what move you did but when and where you did it to avoid getting destroyed and not getting blocked. when i played dw6 it felt like i would spam square and try to walk around them while they're in block stun.
    besides, that all changed with SW2 when they made the characters have more unique charge moves.

i started with dw4, what an excellent game.
  • RyusukeRyusuke SRK's Official Nigga Inspector Joined: Posts: 920
    Im a big fan of the DW/SW games. Thats why I have WO2. I really wish I could get my hands on Sengoku Basara. The character design is too dope. Anyway, I know just about everyone's a fan of Xiahou Dun. My question is for the WO players. Who makes up your team?

Like I have a sexy action bitch team: Zhu Rong, Zhen Ji, and Noh(I've been thinking about adding Da Ji, Nu Wa, and Ginchiyo)

Then I have a super dorky hero team: Nagamasa, Ma Chao, and Kanegetsu

And my favorite team is Guan Ping, Xiahou Dun, and Musashi
  • Silent ShinobiSilent Shinobi Awkward Rush and Mission Savers Joined: Posts: 1,209
    I made a thread for this a loooooooong time ago. Altho, I believe that DW5 was the last great DW game. 6 sucked ass. A pretty, well groomed ass.
    GGAC+: Ky - Current Code: C/H/F-Arc/F-Aoko - UMvC3: Red Ribbon Army - Fire(Y)/Cap(A)/Task(A)
    Check for updates on Donjon Network at FGD! Props to cookie` da gawd for the av.
    Hmmm.........in terms of my teams for WO:

All time best Technique and Samurai Warriors team: Hideyoshi/Musashi/Kanetsugu
    All Time best Power Team: Guan Ping.....yes by himself, so Guan Ping/random/random
    All Time best Speed Team: Mitsuhide/Ling Tong/Zhuo Tai
    All time best Shu Team: Zhao Yun/Pang Tong/Guan Ping
    All Time Best Wei Team: Cao Pi/Dian Wei/Zhu Yu
    All Time best Wu Team: Ling Tong/Gan Ning/Sun Ce
    All time BEAST Team: Honda/Keiji/LuBu
    All Time best Ninja Team: Hanzo/Kunoichi/Nene

This is all based on me playing WO1, I haven't played WO2 yet.......but I'm sure Toshiie, Katusie, and Kojiro will be sure to fit into my best teams listing.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I was wondering why you were lacking Goku in your speed team.
    I was wondering why you were lacking Goku in your speed team.

Who.......Sun Wukong?
    I haven't played WO2 yet.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Who.......Sun Wukong?
    I haven't played WO2 yet.

Yeah, i had forgot his name. Anyway he's the fastest character in the game.
  • LokkenLokken Joined: Posts: 489
    The warriors series has been a secret fetish of mine since I played DW2 (Fuck the first time you fight Lu Bu at Hu Lao gate)

"OH NO! ITS LU BU!"

lol fuck that guy, ima get some xp
    WAIT WTF? HOW AM I DEAD ALRAEDY?

R.I.P oldschool scary Lu Bu :(

I know its the same game every time, I know its mindless, button mashing slaughter.... but I love it, because it's mindless, button mashing slaughter
    Was surprised at how good WO1 was, I thought it would be a shitty crossover with the worst of both worlds, I mean the premise was lame (I'm evil, I'm going to bring everyone to some place to fight for some raisin!), but the 3 character/weapon system was sweeeeeet, and it introduced me to the Samurai Warriors characters (Chick with a bigass nodachi!...... wait thats a dude? Aw shit. Oda Nobunaga is like, Cool Japanese Cao Cao)

I tried GW1 and though it was terrible, played it for an hour and returned it to get my money back

DW6 as a game was okay, the Renbu system wasnt too bad once you got a horse with Renbu Gait and your characters max renbu level, felt a little lacking for the first incarnation on PS3 though