The Dynasty/Samurai/Gundam/Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) Warriors thread

Comments

• RyusukeRyusuke SRK's Official Nigga Inspector Joined: Posts: 920
    I really hope they dont continue with the DW6 setup/character design. Xiahou Dun has been carrying Kirin Fang for years. He aint the same without it.
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    so like... i havent played a DW game since 5empires, i skipped dw6 for fear of "same ol shit" and from reviews it seemed i was right.
    HOWEVER
    i do love the empires games, is 6empires coming out anytime soon?
  • Golden DragonGolden Dragon Joined: Posts: 872
    Been messing with DW since 2 first came out. There were a few years where those were the only games I was playing. Music is classic, voice acting is "memorable", fighting system is simplistic but doesn't get old/tired, etc. 3 and 5 are a must for anyone who isn't familiar with the series but is interested. 3, because it improved upon its predecessor way more than the other sequels and 5 'cuz it is basically what 4 should've been. 2 is a given, of course. Anyone else agree that DW2's 8 maps blow a lotta 3-5's maps out of tha water?
    Haven't played 6 yet. The cons (Shared/identical movesets, 18-19 maps, 17 musou modes, removed characters) out-weighed the pros (new fighting system) so I didn't bother with it. Still, I'm sure I'll get around to playing it eventually. Bought Warriors Orochi 2 last week (Never played the original) after watching an assload of Youtube vids. It seems broken as hell but looks fun too, what with all tha air-dashing and jump cancels.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • TaygetaVendettaTaygetaVendetta HDR Joined: Posts: 562

Ugh. What is with these massive, Gundam-like designs for dudes lately (Yoshitsune from WO2 being another one). Dude looks ridiculous.

Wasn't expecting the game to look too much better on the PS3, but it literally looks identical to the 360 port. Which doesn't look too much better than the PS2 original.

Unless screens of Ginchiyo in a bikini surface for Z its looking like a pass so far.
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,430
    First DW I played was DW3. I played the shit outta that game. I don't know why I was so hooked.
    After that was DW4. One Saturday I got up and started playing at 6am. Didn't stop until after 7 pm.
    I was leveling everybody up and doing everybody in story mode. Last DW I bought was DW5 EL. Guan Ping's artwork on the cover convinced me to buy it.

I got rather bored of that one. And as for DW6 I didn't care for it. People were too much copy and paste. Sun Ce loses his tonfas? Ga Ning losing his sword? Zu Tai with no long ass sword? Screw that.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    What I don't get is why is Benkei chillin with DaJi and Himiko.........and not with Yoshitsune Minamoto.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Colt SteeleColt Steele Pain don't hurt Joined: Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Don't pursue Lu Bu......

I really like the Orochi games.
    Muktuk eating champion '07
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Mad Hatred Beyond the Haterdome Joined: Posts: 16,430
    I leveled everyone up. Especially Lu Bu. Huge mistake on my part. He became so damn strong. Took forever to kill him. I even gave to trying to kill him. If I failed in the duel I ran and killed Dong Zhou.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    Wow........... .

Must be that ALLMIGHTY....

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • DietSoapDietSoap Bulletballer Joined: Posts: 509
    Wow........... .

Must be that ALLMIGHTY....
    Yeah, I just watched that a couple days ago... So gdlk... Makes me wanna get the game just for that. :lol:
    "if you see cute/hot broads and immediatly think about having sex with them then you're a homosexual where i come from." ~Thurst
    Wow. Now I want to lvl up all my favorite ppl. And no, its not the almighty attribute that makes them pwn like that.
  • kainzerokainzero kimchee ii darou Joined: Posts: 437
    Wow. Now I want to lvl up all my favorite ppl. And no, its not the almighty attribute that makes them pwn like that.
    99% of it is.

the last 1% is flash and slay.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ckrazyckrazy Self Banned Joined: Posts: 10,607
    I dislike Japanese history and love Chinese history so Dynasty Warriors > that Samurai shit.

I just hate how they butcher the shit out of either history or the novel. (ROTK)

A lot of shit in DW that just makes me :mad: and some of the weapons seriously what the hell!

What I like about WO is that they put Sun Wukong in it, I wish they put more fictional characters in it that be awesome. Turn it to straight up war zone with wuxia characters. Well okay maybe that a little bit too far, but hey :looney::looney::looney::looney::looney:
    On the third day of our expedition we came across a large rubber plant, but unfortunately we cannot cut it down. For as we know, money can't buy knives. I went into a store one time and I said, "Here's a hundred thousand dollars, can I buy a knife?" And he said, "no money can't buy knives."
  • DuckyDucky CLOSE YO MOUF, SON Joined: Posts: 2,910
    I can't wait for Warriors Orochi 2 on PSP. I know it's not a big improvement over the original, but I already kicked the shit outta the first one and want to play around with the new characters.
    Marching through your continents, conquering your provinces.
    I can't wait for Warriors Orochi 2 on PSP. I know it's not a big improvement over the original, but I already kicked the shit outta the first one and want to play around with the new characters.

And I hope the US port gets the "Strikeforce" awakened versions of Zhao Yun, SSX, and Xiahou Dun...........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I heard the import version has a lot of perks over the first one, like having almost full voices this time. One of the things that annoyed me a little in WO1 was how there wasn't many voices so everything came up in text bubbles, but sometimes that text went by too quick for you to pay attention to it.
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    any idea when empires6 is coming out?

June release I heard.........
    I heard the import version has a lot of perks over the first one, like having almost full voices this time. One of the things that annoyed me a little in WO1 was how there wasn't many voices so everything came up in text bubbles, but sometimes that text went by too quick for you to pay attention to it.

I've thought about that too.........especially whenever I saw WO1 vids.
    I hope they are able to put more audio dialog.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    I mean, I can deal with it, since it's a PSP game but it's almost identical to the PS2 version... an impressive feat, since all the gameplay and characters are present. The two significant things missing were the voices and the CG cut scenes, replaced by the dialog boxes and comic book style cut scenes. It is looking good from what I've read on the import version, a lot more voices and CG cut scenes. The cut scenes are a really nice touch that I think will make for a more finished product.
    For what it's worth..........I'm enjoying the cutscenes of DW6.
    Liu Bei losing it after Guan Yu's death was great.....

Edit: Is Lu Bu still a beast in DW6.......or is he still as sad as in WO?
    I liked running away from him at times.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ckrazyckrazy Self Banned Joined: Posts: 10,607
    For what it's worth..........I'm enjoying the cutscenes of DW6.
    Liu Bei losing it after Guan Yu's death was great.....

Edit: Is Lu Bu still a beast in DW6.......or is he still as sad as in WO?
    I liked running away from him at times.

Lu Bu is still a beast, but not a top tier beast like he was. You can't just spam the same shit over and over and destroy everyone on chaos anymore. You actually have to do some roll cancels and guard cancels every now and then.
    On the third day of our expedition we came across a large rubber plant, but unfortunately we cannot cut it down. For as we know, money can't buy knives. I went into a store one time and I said, "Here's a hundred thousand dollars, can I buy a knife?" And he said, "no money can't buy knives."
    GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Why can't I get Kojiro's 4th weapon in Samurai Warriors 2:XL?!!?!?
    Why do others say it's so damn easy?!!?!?
    WTF am I doing wrong!?!?!?

"Make Musashi appear in 10 minutes"............bullshit!

Kill 4 Vagabonds from start
    Kill all the officers blocking Ieyasu (make sure he escapes)

Alone.........that's 5 minutes I spent already.

Kill the remaining vagabonds, then do what? Run and find Hideyori?

No matter what..........I'm always a minute off.

Any tips on how to pass this? I already pause during speeches, using a powerful ice-based Blade of Ganryu, and stats are up pretty well. I abuse Musou on officers.

I dunno.......I'm about to give up on getting this.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Announced in the latest Famitsu scan is that for those characters that have appeared in Dynasty Warriors 6, they will be having their DW6 costumes. For those that have appeared in the first Samurai Warriors, they would be getting their alternate costume from that game, with updated graphics of course. As for those that are not in these groups, they will simply have new costumes. (no information as to whether Dodomeki, Gyuki or Shin Orochi will be getting new costumes).
    From Koei Warriors..

DW6 Sun Jian, Guan Yu, Cao Ren, Pang Tong.........Monkey Hideyoshi.
    Awesome.

I just wish if they bring this to the US........they use the English VA for Cao Pi from WO1. Dude was beastly.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Weapons, what about the weapons?

Oh, I still disagree that Almighty is what makes the characters all fast and such. So right now Im getting the incredients to make almighty. The reason why is because I read what almighty actually does and it says it makes all attacks element based. Oh wait.... perhaps this was what you were saying all along?
    Looks like the weapons stay the same..............uploaded a scan with some of the DW6 skins.

You can see Diao Chan with her DW6 skin.........but using her DW5 weapon.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Dammit, Koei needs to announce when WO2 will be out for PSP.
    Wow. It really is Almighty that makes them pwn like that......

I apologize to all who tried to tell me so.
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    For those that have appeared in the first Samurai Warriors, they would be getting their alternate costume from that game, with updated graphics of course.

Holy shit, finally the return of Eiji Kisaragi-style Hanzo & Yukimura w/ helmet? And I get DW6 Zhen Ji too? Now it's a lock...I'm buying even if it there's no US version & I need to import.

Dude can hit from underground..........cool.

and the second new character has to be chinese.........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • GrenGren Nash Out With Your Stash Out Joined: Posts: 1,849
    ^According to the translated hint for the Koei contest ("Journey to the West character who put a band around Wukong's head") the other character's gotta be the priest Xuanzang.

Although in the novel the priest was male, I guess people are saying in Japanese interpretations/dramatizations the priest is often played by a female.
    Just started playing DW5 on my PS2. I straight up forgot about it since I picked up DW5 for PS2 and WO1 for PSP at the same time. WO1 definitely caught my attention more. I still have to unlock all the characters for DW5. Having fun, but I think it's not as good as WO1. Why won't WO2 announce a release date on PSP already? WO1 was mobile crack. I'm thinking about getting WO2 for PS2 but would prefer a portable version... not too sure on whether I want to get it yet or not.
    Yeah...........I'm waiting on a domestic PSP port of WO2 as well.
    I saw some EU screenshots of it, but it doesn't look like we will know anytime soon.
    I guess for PSP, I'll bide my time with Strikeforce.

As for WO2, I'm waiting for WOZ to come to PS3.........kickass.

Been playing SW2:XL..........unlocking all the XL characters' 4th weapons, then I'll import SW2.
    Kojiro's 4th is still a bitch though.

-Traitor Aizen Souske

Ling Tong sold it for me...........I'll be getting DW6: Special for the PS2. I might even get used to apparent lag.

Ling Tong is rising to be one of my favorite Wu characters...........dude is so cool.
    Sorry, Sun Ce and Gan Ning. :sweat:

Although I miss Cao Pi's dual blades.........his decloned moveset is good.

Zhang He got his claws back, dope.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078
    Special isn't coming out for PS3?
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    Special isn't coming out for PS3?

Not that I know of..........

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    No more dual blade for Cao Pi? Awww... at least his new moveset looks pretty good.
  • Kane BlueriverKane Blueriver l33t Black Mage Joined: Posts: 1,429
    You guys seem a lot more knowledgeable about this, any idea on a Warriors Orochi 2 release date for US PSP?
    UMVC3:/Haggar a/Hulk a/Sentinel y - SSF4AE: Balrog (U1) - CvS2: K-Boxer/Raiden/Geese(R2) - SF3S: Hugo (SA I) - GGXXAC: Ky - Tekken 6 BR: King - ST/HDR: Boxer/Claw - SFA2: Charlie - BBCS2: Jin - SFA3: V-R.Mika, X-Charlie - Garou: Tizoc - KOF98UM: Vice/Takuma/EX Geese - KOF02UM: Vice/EX Takuma/Geese - MK9: Scorpion - KOFXIII: Raiden/Takuma/Vice - AH3: Kira/Ohtsuchi - LB2: Washizuka (Power) - SSIV: Charlotte (Bust) - Vampire Savior: Bulleta
    You guys seem a lot more knowledgeable about this, any idea on a Warriors Orochi 2 release date for US PSP?

No release date...........yet.

-Traitor Aizen Souske