Dan Combos and Glitches

rhymeswithaddyrhymeswithaddy Joined: Posts: 364
List your favorite combos here using standard abbreviation conventions. Include the proper damage from the training data in training mode.

Make sure to perform the combo when the opponent has a full lifebar, because otherwise the damage will be reduced depending on how low the opponent's health is.

Also, discuss any glitches or bugs the character has.

I'll update this first post so once thing are found etc, no one has to read thru xx amount of pages.

Standard Notation For Motions/Moves/Combos
http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Strategy_Guide#The_Basics

Dan's Trial Mode Moves/Combos (Courtesy of Dannycat)

[Normal 1] [Normal Moves]
1) :hk:
2) :hp:
3) j.:hp:+:hk:
4) cr.:hp:+:hk:

[Normal 2] [Special Moves]
1) :qcf:+:p:
2) :dp:+:p:
3) :qcb:+:k:
4) j.:qcb:+:k:
5) :qcf::qcf:+:p:
6) :qcf::qcf:+:hp:+:hk:
7) :qcf::qcf::+:3p:

[Normal 3] [2-in-1's]
1) :mp: xx :qcf:+:p:
2) :hp: xx :dp:+:p:
3) cr.:hp: xx :qcb:+:k:
4) cr.:mk: xx :dp:+:p:
5) :hk: xx :mp:+:mk:

[Normal 4] [Normal Combos]
1) j.:hk: -> cr.:hp: xx :qcb:+:k:
2) j.:hk: -> :hp: xx :dp:+:p:
3) j.:hk: -> cr.:mp: xx :qcf:+:p: xx :qcf::qcf:+:p:
4) j.:hp: -> :hk: xx :qcf::qcf:+:p:
5) :mp:+:mk: -> :qcf::qcf:+:3p:

[Normal 5] [Links]
1) :mp: -> :lp:
2) :mp: -> :mp:

[Hard 1]
j.:hk: -> cr.:hp: xx :qcf:+:p: xx :qcf::qcf:+:hp:+:hk: xx :qcf::qcf:+:3p:

[Hard 2]
j.:hk: -> cr.:hp: xx :dp:+:p: xx :mp:+:mk: xx :r::r: -> :dp:+:2p:

[Hard 3]
:qcf:+:2p: -> :qcf::qcf:+:3p:

[Hard 4]
j.:hk: -> cr.:hp: xx :qcf:+:2p: xx :mp:+:mk: xx :r::r: -> s.:hp: xx :qcb:+:k:

[Hard 5]
j.:hk: -> :hp: xx :qcf:+:2p: xx :mp:+:mk: -> :qcf::qcf:+:3p:

Combos
BnB- j.HK -> HP xx QCB+LK
This is my recommendation for the combo you should be using the most. It doesnt do the most damage. But it is safe on block, and sets up for a mixup game of throws and backdashes.

j.HK -> HP xx QCB+HK
Dan's most damaging combo without using FADCing. Use this to punish whiffs (minus the j.hk).

j.HK -> HP xx Super Taunt xx Ultra
Dan's most damaging combo period.

j.HK/HP -> cr.MK xx QCF+P/PP or DP+P/PP
j.HK/HP -> cr.MP/FP or s.MP/FP xx QCB+K/KK or DP+P/PP
j.HK/HP -> s.MP -> QCB+KK or DP+FP/PP
j.HK/HP -> FP xx Super
-You can substitute a cross-up MK.

(In Corner) ... xx HP xx QCB+LK -> DP+PP -E_C

j.HK/HP -> s.MP -> s.LP/cr.LP -> QCB+KK or QCF+FP/PP
(UltraDavid is working on which characters this works on)

cr.HP -> QCF+P xx Taunt Super xx Ultra (50% Damage) -Tizoc

Comments

• rhymeswithaddyrhymeswithaddy Joined: Posts: 364
    Im gonna use this post if the first post runs out of space.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Suggestion: link to the standard abbreviation conventions. Both for the newbies and those of us who haven't written combo notation in ages and need a refresher.

EDIT - You're awesome! :tup:
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Jumping HK-->Cr. MK-->QCF+P
    Lvl. 2 Focus Attack-->Super
    Cr. HP-->QCF+PxxTaunt SuperxxUltra (50% Damage)
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • TresjinTresjin Joined: Posts: 529
    Every other character forum's had posts today, but the Dan forum hasn't had a new post in almost 4 days?

. Not all of these are technically combos (the first two sets are just introducing normals and special moves), but they're all listed for completeness.

[Normal 1]

1) s.HK

2) S.HP

3) j.HP+HK

4) c.HP+HK

[Normal 2]

1) QCF+P

2) DP+P

3) QCB+K

4) j.QCB+K

5) QCF, QCF+P

6) QCF, QCF+HP+HK

7) QCF, QCF+PPP

[Normal 3]

1) s.MP xx QCF+P

2) s.HP xx DP+P

3) c.HP xx QCB+K

4) C.MK xx DP+P

5) s.HK xx MP+MK

[Normal 4]

1) j.HK -> c.HP xx QCB+K

2) j.HK -> s.HP xx DP+P

3) j.HK -> c.MP xx QCF+P xx QCF, QCF+P

4) j.HP -> s.HK xx QCF, QCF+P

5) MP+MK -> QCF, QCF+PPP

[Normal 5]

1) s.MP -> s.LP

2) s.MP -> s.MP

[Hard 1]

j.HK -> c.HP xx QCF+P xx QCF, QCF+HP+HK xx QCF, QCF+PPP

[Hard 2]

j.HK -> c.HP xx DP+P XX MP+MK xx F, F -> DP+PP

[Hard 3]

QCF+PP -> QCF, QCF+PPP

[Hard 4]

j.HK -> c.HP xx QCF+PP xx MP+MK xx F, F -> s.HP xx QCB+K

[Hard 5]

j.HK -> s.HP xx QCF+PP xx MP+MK -> QCF, QCF+PPP
    Just saw the combos I posted are on the first post, thanks. The combos I posted I saw in match vids and that Taunt to Ultra vid.
    Can't watch Youtube at college >_<, but EX Gaduken does not knock opponents down it seems SWEET!
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Wait wait wait. WTF.

[Hard 3]

QCF+PP -> QCF, QCF+PPP

Thats a combo? you can combo ultra off of an ex gadouken.

EX GADOUKEN SHENANIGANS FTW. So I wonder if you can do this as a set-up for ultra:

As an example, do a j.HK -> c.FP xx QCB+K. Your opponent blocks this string. And if QCB+K is safe on block you through out: EX Gadouken, if it hits them you cancel into Ultra.

Oh yeah, I will also put this at the top.
    I don't think EX Gaduken is cancelable into Ultra, but if you input the Ultra as Dan is recovering from the EX Gaduken, the Ultra will connect. However for this to occur you must be in a certain distance for it to work.
    Also it seems you CAN get all hits of the Super at the corner off some normals.
    Super does 19 hits total BTW, the uppercut at the end has Dan move forward slightly.
    Tizoc i was watching that video. That was 100% a 10 hit combo, and he did it form pretty far away. Its not really a cancel it looks more like a link. Still though, it combos. If Dan's ultra can be put into combos, plus the fact that it looks liek it has good priority to beat a lot of moves, i'd say Dan looks to be a better character than Ken.

Edit: Word.
    Yeah that's what I meant; it was a link not canceling :karate:
    A lot of characters can combo into ultra off a normal as long as they have 2 EX stocks. Dan can guarantee a combo into ultra off a normal as long as he has 4 (c.HP/s.HP/s.HK, optional Gadoken, Super Taunt, Ultra). EX Gadoken into ultra requires certain spacing, and the question becomes: is there any combo up close you can do that knocks them far enough back and sets up that spacing?

And as far as that combo list goes, -> is link, xx is cancel.
  • E CE C Joined: Posts: 950
    Going by that training vid, is the following combo possible?

j.HK, c.HP, DP+P xx MP+MK xx f,f -> s.HK xx Ultra
    Nothing in the game, with the sole exception of super taunt, can go "xx Ultra". You link into ultra, you don't cancel into it.

Doing Koryuken -> FADC -> Ultra may work, cutting out the s.HK. Works fine for Ryu, and Dan wouldn't even have to worry about whiffing a few of the hits, as it's an autocombo off hit 1.
  • SaikyoStudentSaikyoStudent M.O.D.O.F. Joined: Posts: 1,786
    Just played the game today at my friend's house.

Koryuken -> FADC -> Ultra DOES NOT WORK :sad::sad::sad:
    I tried it with EX Koryuken also.

However, I did not try Koryuken -> FADC -> s.HK xx Ultra, but I will try ASAP.
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    Aww are you kidding me?

Can you juggle anything off of lk/mk Dan kicks?

really capcom? REALLY?! you were afraid dan would be too powerful?! ugh

it just annoys me after looking at the juggles they gave Cammy... =\
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    I think its been stated since, the 1up night with the shoryuken guys that Dan cant combo his ultra off of a koryuken xx FADC. The question is, can he combo it off of an ex gadouken xx fadc.

Also can you try and see if an anti-air koryuken xx FADC will combo into ultra.
    The question is, can he combo it off of an ex gadouken xx fadc.

Just looking at vids, that seems possible. I still think finding ex gadouken -> Ultra extensions that work from all distances is better, since that would burn only one EX charge for an Ultra combo.
    I completely agree with you on finding the range for ex gadouken -> ultra. But it seems like FADCing the ex gadouken would work from any distance and make it a more 'brain dead' combo to achieve off a jump-in.
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,318
    since dan can link 2 st. MPs, can he maybe do

st. MP, st. MPxx EX gadoken, Ultra

do to the pushback already from the normals? would be pretty badass
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • ranixranix Joined: Posts: 581
    what I find:

Shoryu FADC Quater back midle kicl( second hit only)
    shoryu AA FADC quater back FK ( second and third hit)

note that if during shoryu you have double contact quate back FK will touch directly without FADc or dash.
    bisous
    Good stuff, I'm assuming you mean that after a Koryuken xx FADC. QCB+MK hits one time? And that QCB+HK hits two times? And that if the Koryuken (EX?) hits twice you can combo QCB+FK without FADCing?
  • ILLiterateILLiterate DA BESS Joined: Posts: 924
    Aww are you kidding me?

Can you juggle anything off of lk/mk Dan kicks?

really capcom? REALLY?! you were afraid dan would be too powerful?! ugh

it just annoys me after looking at the juggles they gave Cammy... =\
    There's more combos in the game than listed in training mode, things like c. LK, c. LK, Gadoken work fine or j.HK, c.MK, Gadoken they just didn't put it in training mode
    Team White People CEO //
    Good stuff, I'm assuming you mean that after a Koryuken xx FADC. QCB+MK hits one time? And that QCB+HK hits two times? And that if the Koryuken (EX?) hits twice you can combo QCB+FK without FADCing?

No no, sory for not being clear

If you koryuken FADC the qcb mk only the secomd hit of qcb mk will touch.(total 2 hit)
    IF you Kyoruken as AA FADC then you you can FADC FK and two hit of qcb FK will touch( total 3 hit)

I you kyoruken as AA and there is a Double contact t

hen you can qcb hk without dashing or FADC .(total 3 hit)

EDIT

After checking again, you can alway Kyoruken FADC QCB FP for a combo 240 domage.
    bisous
  • RidianFableRidianFable Meh Joined: Posts: 2,628
    Does Dan have the Shoto Cr.LK, Cr.lp, Cr.Mp link?
    Hirayama. I'm a ronin.

707-Mashf3st
    559-RidianFable
    no you can only link lk lp ...down mp is really slow....
    bisous
    Does the same go for cr. mk? And does this combo work.
    j.HK -> s.MP -> s.MP xx ex. gadouken.
  • tl_crowtl_crow stupid hitbox game Joined: Posts: 460
    cr.mk xx ex dan kick also works!

can you FADC at anypoint during dan kicks? i don't have the game to see, just a friend to leech off of when i can, haha
    BEHOLD THE GLORY OF THE BINGO ENGINE
    Since he is airborne I want to say that no you cant FADC out of kicks. Just by going off the fact that I've never seen Sagat FADC a TigerKnee. But I have seen people FADC Tatsumakis.
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,189
    Could somebody with the game please try if gadouken, KO, buffered super taunt works? I wanna know D:D:
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    LOL. I just noticed this right now in the training room. Jumping backwards, mid-air taunt floats Dan to the top of the screen. He's now the king of the high jumpers!
    ^Wonder how that will be useful?
    BTW can someone check if Dan can cancel his taunt super into Ultra during ANY of his ground taunts? Furthermore, can he cancel out of the last taunt as it finishes; i.e. Dan does the last taunt and is about to recover to normal stance, does inputting the Ultra during that period make it come out?
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I played him a little the one thing that got me is his ultra doesn't armor break at all, so my friend playing sakura started charging infront of me I did ultra, he absorbed the running hit and then just did her FA.... woo. Still he doesn't seem all that bad, his speed is really high, his FA is good and has nice long range, his fp shoryu seems as good as any other shoryu and in general he does good damage off random hits. Not amazing but definitely not shitty.
    <<>>
    Damn that sucks, guess you gotta be careful when u want to punish FAs.

Here's a combo I thought up, and wonder if possible-
    Jumping HP-->Cr. HP-->QCF+3PxxFADC (Forward), assuming the FA puts them in 'cripple' state, walk back a little and then do-
    Cr. MK-->QCF+3P, input Ultra

Damage may be pretty crappy but it'd be a flashy finish :)
    Just Punish FAs with his qcb+kk dankukyaku. That thing is made to destroy FAs.

Edit: No its not I lied. FTL
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    I've been using the standing strong to standing jab link for hit confirming. So like, crossup forward kick, standing strong, standing jab xx ex hurricane.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
  • RidianFableRidianFable Meh Joined: Posts: 2,628
    nice didnt know standing jab could combo into ex kicks
    Hirayama. I'm a ronin.

707-Mashf3st
    559-RidianFable
    If that's the case, seeing as EX Dan kick is that fast, wonder what attacks it can beat? Maybe it can beat the first dashing punch of Abel's Ultra?
    Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but qcb+LK (standing or jumping), EX koryu in corner works likes cake.

And doing c.HP in combos seems like a massive waste of time. The most frustrating parts of Dan's Challenge Trials combos was linking this slow move after j.HK.
    His most damaging combo right now is j.HK, s.HP xx QCB+HK. His mp -> lp link is amazing and not that hard to do and like ultradavid says, its combos into ex dankus. I've been throwing it out there on wakeups, as well as s.HP xx dankus. Works pretty well.

I've also been trying this on wakeups. Ex. gadouken xx Focus Attack. It'll combo into a crumple, or you can try and charge it up to level 3 and catch them off guard. It'll getcha an ultra.
  • UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    Also, close standing strong links to dragon punch.

The problem with close standing strong to jab is that it depends on location and whether the opponent is crouching. If most characters crouch, you need to use crouching jab, if they're standing you need to use standing jab, and if you're too far, nothing will connect. This makes it not that useful as a hit confirm, because you already need to know whether the opponent is crouching or standing.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
    You can get mp -> lp to connect completely off of a jump in attack. but its like whats the point when you can just do hp when you land.