MadCatZ PS3 TE FightStick: PC - Xp- vista- win7 32-64bit (read 1st post)

Comments

• DarkBlade77DarkBlade77 Joined: Posts: 203
    Friend's comp(which it worked on) was XP pro SP3, yeah.
  • horsedickhorsedick Joined: Posts: 300
    you got any homebrew or other usb stick drivers installed?, maybe something is clashing with your fight stick?

i wouldnt know but if the stick works i presume its something on your end, maybe a driver clash, uninstall all unnecsiarry programes and stuff you have on your computer and see what happens.

if no luck my best bet is a fresh install of windows.
    PC OWNERS SHOW CAPCOM YOU WANT SSF4 BY NOT BUYING LOST PLANET NOR DEAD RISING,
    since our words go unnoticed , lets take the fight were it hurts them most , there pockets.
  • LaneLane down for 3rd strikue frinedlies Joined: Posts: 3,326
    I'm having the same problem. I was playing with my TE on my ps3, but when I tried to play 3s on FB alpha it didn't work. It showed up fine on control panel and everything. I'm gonna try uninstalling the ps3 usb thing I have on this comp. I'll tell you guys if that's what was the problem if it turns out so.
    btw 3s didn't die. The old guys that run evo and all the other tournaments forced it into retirement because it couldn't turn up a nice enough profit for their mcribs and abercrombie jackets.
    -dander
    yah, that didn't fix the problem. Oh well sooner or later I'll figure it out.
    btw 3s didn't die. The old guys that run evo and all the other tournaments forced it into retirement because it couldn't turn up a nice enough profit for their mcribs and abercrombie jackets.
    -dander
    I don't have any homebrew drivers or anything for any other stick on this comp. Worst I had was a Logitec RumblePad2, which I removed and uninstalled the drivers for already.

Guess I can try doing a fresh XP install. Probably gonna wait until tomorrow and try tech support again before that.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    I have mines working on Vista x64 SP1.

I play some emu sf with it and the turbo is absolutely cheapshot, E Honda bitch slap with just holding down fierce lol.
  • psychedelicbeatpsychedelicbeat aka The Blacksmith Joined: Posts: 425
    Stick #1:
    PS3 Version
    Some surface scratches on the art, but it is not severe so for those who are complaining about the art being scratched, you are a little too nitpicky on your stick. It's there, but it shouldn't be bothersome.

Vista x64 SP1 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, but all inputs are not recognized. Driver Version is 6.0.6001.18000
    Vista x86 SP1 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, and all inputs are recognized. Driver Version is 6.0.6001.18000
    XP x86 SP3 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, and all inputs are recognized. Driver Version is 5.1.2600.5512

Appears to be fully functional had i been given a PS3 to test it with.

Stick #2:
    PS3 Version
    Some surface scratches on the art, pretty much the same as the other stick.

Vista x64 SP1 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, but all inputs are not recognized. Driver Version is 6.0.6001.18000
    Vista x86 SP1 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, and all inputs are recognized. Driver Version is 6.0.6001.18000
    XP x86 SP3 test
    The joystick has been recognized as PC USB Wired Stick 8838, and all inputs are recognized. Driver Version is 5.1.2600.5512

this result could be hardware dependent, but i highly doubt it..
    I tried updating the drivers, but it didn't let me. Did you have to download new drivers?
    -dander
    I called MadCatz support again today, got a much more promising answer. The guy asked for my PC OS/spec and my number, told me he'd call back once he had spent some time looking into the problem.

He also mentioned that there was an issue they were fixing with the Vista x64 OS where it mistakes the TE stick for a different controller, so that's probably what's going on with you, psyche.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    I just got off the phone with MadCatz support, and unfortunately the guy I talked to really didn't have any idea what was going wrong. He suggested doing all the windows updates, even the non critical ones, which didn't seem to change anything for me.
    I called MadCatz support again today, got a much more promising answer. The guy asked for my PC OS/spec and my number, told me he'd call back once he had spent some time looking into the problem.

He also mentioned that there was an issue they were fixing with the Vista x64 OS where it mistakes the TE stick for a different controller, so that's probably what's going on with you, psyche.

hopefully there working on a driver fingers crossed, but some users have reported it working on vista 64, we have to see when more users get there sticks.
    since our words go unnoticed , lets take the fight were it hurts them most , there pockets.
  • psychedelicbeatpsychedelicbeat aka The Blacksmith Joined: Posts: 425
    they seriously need to release a driver soon, or else they are clearly selling a falsely advertised product.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    they have a driver on their website for windows 98 and me. its called flight/fight stick. i wonder if thats referring to actual fight sticks ??

i tried it for xp btw.. didnt work obv.

it seems the only thing they (madcatz) could mess up was the pcb. and im my personal opinion having this half working frustration is considered having a bad pcb.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    Okay, I have a PS3 SE Stick, and Windows XP Pro 32 bit. When I first plugged it in, it said it installed the drivers, but it wasn't registering any input. I unplugged a few unnecessary USB devices, same thing. I switched ports afterwards, though, and it worked.
    I'm not sure if it was the switching, or a combination of it and the unplugging, but the controller works perfectly fine on my computer now.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    Bad news to add to my last post. I restarted my computer, and it doesn't seem to be working anymore. This is very strange, to put it mildly. It still states that the stick is plugged in, but again, no input.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    anyone else care to chime in on their pc experiences. lets try and keep this thread alive, so the people that need can hopefully get drivers.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭
    so apprently this isn't just a "me" problem...

360 TE stick. i'm running Vista 32 bit. Recognizes it (even states it as the SFIV TE stick.) and it picks up the buttons and Dpad movement. LS/RS movement is nothing.

I so far tried out Big Bang Beat and Melty Blood with no aval. Not a thing works. I can't set up the buttons, can't move with it, notta. Even worse, Melty blood doesn't even pick it up when you push the Pad 1 config. (At least the original MB doesn't. FT just opens the window but you can't set the buttons on the stick.)

Even tried joy2key as I feared I'd have to use that with this (especially when I bought this to kill my converting days after hearing" fully compatible" on PC.) nothing works still. can't set buttons, joystick movements don't get picked up.

so yea...i'm assuming the drivers aren't updated or something for Vista 32 users. Kinda upset as I planned to fool around with my PC fighters a bit more because of this. I kinda don't want to wait as i've already wasted most of this day rotting my poor brain trying only to realize it's on the controller's end.
    I don't got those.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    Well, I tried to reinstall windows just incase it was any junk that had accumulated in my computer, and no dice there. Exact same problem as before, recognizes theres a stick, no inputs.
    so apprently this isn't just a "me" problem...

360 TE stick. i'm running Vista 32 bit. Recognizes it (even states it as the SFIV TE stick.) and it picks up the buttons and Dpad movement. LS/RS movement is nothing.

I so far tried out Big Bang Beat and Melty Blood with no aval. Not a thing works. I can't set up the buttons, can't move with it, notta. Even worse, Melty blood doesn't even pick it up when you push the Pad 1 config. (At least the original MB doesn't. FT just opens the window but you can't set the buttons on the stick.)

Even tried joy2key as I feared I'd have to use that with this (especially when I bought this to kill my converting days after hearing" fully compatible" on PC.) nothing works still. can't set buttons, joystick movements don't get picked up.

so yea...i'm assuming the drivers aren't updated or something for Vista 32 users. Kinda upset as I planned to fool around with my PC fighters a bit more because of this. I kinda don't want to wait as i've already wasted most of this day rotting my poor brain trying only to realize it's on the controller's end.

x360 owners, there are drivers for it on microsoft website just look for them,
    this thread is for ps3 owners that were promised pc compatibility.

i would also advise guys if they cannot get it working no matter what they have tried to contact madcatz and see what they advise.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    i would also advise guys if they cannot get it working no matter what they have tried to contact madcatz and see what they advise.

I did get in contact with madcatz tech support yesterday for this. The person I talked to didn't have any idea what could be causing the problems, and his only recommendation was to get all the latest windows updates, even the optional ones. I tried that already, and it didn't make any impact.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- Lefver Crack Joined: Posts: 1,381
    Anyone try reinstalling direct x, I know direct x uses direct input which effects peripheral controllers.

Also taken from the wiki - "Microsoft introduced a new input library called XInput in DirectX 9 specifically for Xbox 360 controllers."

Not sure if a reinstall will effect ps3 TE owners, but, Hope I helped.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.

Follow me on twitter for no reason.
    http://twitter.com/Licebeam
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭
    x360 owners, there are drivers for it on microsoft website just look for them,
    this thread is for ps3 owners that were promised pc compatibility.

nah I already installed the drivers and all it did was simply update it to have the whole guide function. But i'll try it again.
    I don't got those.
  • BuhbuhjBuhbuhj wat Joined: Posts: 40
    Has anyone heard back from Madcatz yet? I got my SE today and it shows up under game controllers but like the others that don't work, none of the buttons register. I'm also using xp sp3. I tried it on another computer with vista and it worked fine.
  • Redx508Redx508 Joined: Posts: 21
    I also got the SE and vista 64 and is not working I says PC USB Wired Stick 8818
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭
    I've got an SE that is not working on 32bit XP Pro SP3. :sad:

It's recognized as HiD compliant Game controller but I get no button recognition.
    Looking around it seems the Hori Fighting Stick 3 had the same problem this is having. On some people's computers it would work fine but on a lot more it wouldn't work at all. After a lot of messing around someone made a homebrew driver that seemed to fix the problem. So I'm guessing the same thing can be applied here, we just need to wait for someone with some experience to get their hands on it.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 243
    http://www.ps3-hacks.com/category/5

I can contribute this to the thread. I use the third driver in the link and it works with every PS3 controller.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    i tried those drivers awhile ago. they didnt work for me at all.
    Yeah those drivers do nothing for me. Also, I tried flashing my mobo bios to a newer version since people were saying maybe it had something to do with newer usb settings. That also did nothing. I tried messing around with the fighting stick 3 drivers too but nothing seems to work.
    Has Markman seen this thread yet? I wonder if he has heard anything about this.
  • Vampire_SaviourVampire_Saviour R4 Joined: Posts: 243
    For mine, I am required to run an application before some PS3 controllers work (all official controllers, some converters). Some work without the application or without the driver (FS3 works without the application for me.)

It could be possible that you aren't running the application. Is this true?
  • MarkManMarkMan FOR THE COMMUNITY! Joined: Posts: 5,008 mod
    This is being looked into, if you want, call in the tech support line and let them know as well.

I'll hopefully update this issue soon. I want to see if is an isolated batch/run or what... I have nothing else aside from that at this point.
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM

Sorry if I don't reply to your emails or PMs right away. I'm busy :(
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    Hey, thanks for the update, Markman. Good to know it's being worked on.
    I don't want to keep bumping this thread but a lot more people should have sticks now. If we could get some more reports of your PS3 sticks working or not on your pc maybe it would help find out if it is indeed an isolated problem.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    im pretty sure its not an isolated problem because i have tried out 2 te sticks on 4 different computers. and both of them don't work on the same 3 out of 4. i think its the version of windows, or vista that makes it plug and play.
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
  • BuckyLastardBuckyLastard Joined: Posts: 91
    doesnt work on xp32 bit here , tried this driver posted up there and it doesnt recognize the input
  • Options
    Unknown Joined:
    Doesn't work on my PC either. I'm european so I don't know whether the european sticks have any differences with the american ones or whether they are identical.
    I'm on windows XP 32 bit home SP3. It recognizes the device (wired stick 8838 or whatever) but won't read any input. My driver version for the HID-compliant game controller device in device manager is 5.1.2600.5512. This info might not help anyone, but I thought I should post my exact problem in the unlikely event that it does.

Oh, and it works fine on my PS3.
    Doesn't work on my PC either. I'm european so I don't know whether the european sticks have any differences with the american ones or whether they are identical.
    I'm on windows XP 32 bit home SP3. It recognizes the device (wired stick 8838 or whatever) but won't read any input. My driver version for the HID-compliant game controller device in device manager is 5.1.2600.5512. This info might not help anyone, but I thought I should post my exact problem in the unlikely event that it does.

Oh, and it works fine on my PS3.

I got the exact same problem
    anyone found a solution yet? I been trying various things and setup on my pc for the past hour , but no luck so far....
  • BustaBustBustaBust G.Dragon Joined: Posts: 2,074
    i tried calling madcatz, i was on the phone for the last 20 minutes listening to "your call is important to us please wait for the next available person" or w/e it says and now they are closed. its 4pm
    -- Here is the list for best Abel players in the world --
    1. BustaBust: "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be"
    -- End of List --
    http://theabelblog.blogspot.com/
    listen guys do not install none of that homebrew software as all of them are 32bit only and it is not specifically for the sticks, leave them well alone and wait for a madcatz driver hopefully through a windows update or link from there site.

call or email madcatz support at

USA:
    Tech Phone: 1-619-683-9830 ext. 3799
    Toll Free (USA): 1-800-659-2287
    Email: techsupport@madcatz.com

Web: www.madcatz.com (select support menu option)
    Support Hours:
    Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm (PST)
    Closed Saturday, Sunday and most major US holidays

UK/Europe:
    Europe Support Number ? 01454 451900 (UK Only 0845 050 8428)
    E-Mail Address ? mczsupport@saitek.com
    Support Hours ? 9 - 4.30pm Monday - Friday
  • BustaBustBustaBust G.Dragon Joined: Posts: 2,074
    it doesnt work on my computer (xp home sp2) and it doesnt work on my bros (xp pro sp3) and i have the SE stick
    -- Here is the list for best Abel players in the world --
    1. BustaBust: "The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best There Ever Will Be"
    -- End of List --
    http://theabelblog.blogspot.com/
    listen guys do not install none of that homebrew software as all of them are 32bit only and it is not specifically for the sticks, leave them well alone and wait for a madcatz driver hopefully through a windows update or link from there site.

call or email madcatz support at

USA:
    Tech Phone: 1-619-683-9830 ext. 3799
    Toll Free (USA): 1-800-659-2287
    Email: techsupport@madcatz.com

Web: www.madcatz.com (select support menu option)
    Support Hours:
    Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm (PST)
    Closed Saturday, Sunday and most major US holidays

UK/Europe:
    Europe Support Number 01454 451900 (UK Only 0845 050 8428)
    E-Mail Address mczsupport@saitek.com
    Support Hours 9 - 4.30pm Monday - Friday

Would be nice if they actually hurried a bit , this is a major flaw
    just got my ps3 te's and liek the rest of you, it installs as Pc wired stick 8838, but no button or stick movement registers, i emailed madcatz and hopefully theres a solution soon.
  • Dark VincentDark Vincent Joined: Posts: 252
    Windows XP 32bit SP3

Not working. It registers on the USB, it shows on the Game Controllers section, but it doesn't register any inputs :/ Same situation as the poster above. PS3 version too btw
    Now or Never
    i dont think that the pc is giving the stick enough juice, as the driver automatically installs in vista but i think it dont give it the appropriate power supply as even my turbo lights do not engage.

meaning i think the automatically installed drivers windows installs is not appropriate, hopeful that some 1 will come up with a fix.
    I mailed them yesterday as well , no reply so far
    i mailed them today also , we see what happens

some stats about my underpowered theory.

this is the power data results in device manager for the #TE.

Current power state:
    D0

Power capabilities:
    0000005D
    PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED
    PDCAP_D2_SUPPORTED
    PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED
    PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D0_SUPPORTED
    PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D2_SUPPORTED

Power state mappings:
    S0 -> D0
    S1 -> D2
    S2 -> D2
    S3 -> D2
    S4 -> D2
    S5 -> D3

this is a vid of the same problem we all have.
    Got a reply from Madcatz europe (saitek) They dont even have the sticks to test it yet :confused: