MadCatZ PS3 TE FightStick: PC - Xp- vista- win7 32-64bit (read 1st post)

Comments

• jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,754 ✭✭
    Has to be newer than that.
    Chun-Li TE and MLG TE and Namco TE.
    Those are the PlayStation 3 TE which will work, no problem.

I don't know about the SCV TE.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • gigabytegigabyte Joined: Posts: 566
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    Can I or can I not just buy an external UHCI USB hub for my laptop? If I can't, it would probably just be cheaper and easier for me to replace my guest stick's (PS3 SE's) PCB with a Cthulhu or other custom PS3/PC pcb.
  • ShabroutShabrout Joined: Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    About APPLE Computer and Madcatz TE stick

Using Bootcamp or OSX or Osx with VM Ware virtualing a Windows 7 the Diagnostic is always as follow :
    - Name of device recognised as PC USB WIRED STICK 8838, or Madxatz Stick (OSX)
    - In game Name of the device listed in Options but not responding
    - 98% of the time you can't light up any led on the stick turbo mode

I have no idea if my Macbook pro early 2008 or Imac 27' mid 2011 have nvidia chipset for usb

But Using OSX to handle the Drivers and Virtual system to play the game I got it to work, leds and all.

Go there
    and maybe there http://matthewshapiro.tumblr.com/post/544665480/how-to-get-the-gamestop-mad-catz-xbox-360-gamepad

Funny thing is on OSx now the pretty name of the stick on the "anout my mac" device panel switched from Madcatz stick to PC USB WIRED STICK 8838 just like a Windows one. On my Win 7 under Vm Ware nothing new but working.

Now can we say it's not an hardware issue, and make it works on a Imac with bootcamp ? Please some guru could put his hand on this idea to hack the drivers file directly on Windows system ? I have 90+ fps with 2560x1440 resolution on Bootcamp but 50fps under VM Ware on OSX :((

Can't find a way to give VM ware more power sadly so I'll keep looking for a Bootcamp solution.
  • Jay RobertsJay Roberts Joined: Posts: 3
    hey guys. i have only one question, and i cant seem to find a good enough answer. i have 2 PS3 sticks the mad catz SE n the round 1 TE stick. I am recently getting into PC fighting games like melty blood n big bang beat. I would like to use my SE stick to play these wonderful games on my laptop. is it possible that i can get these sticks dual modded ONLY for the the PC. Meaning that the SE stick can be modded to work only for PC n PS3?
    Madcatz TE stick on Mac osx Lion. (8838 usb/or whatever issue) Update

Finally found a better Virtual machine.
    Using Parallels on my iMac I have 78+ fps with the full reso and high settings. It looks so much better than on my last MB pro or on console resolution !
    The Virtual machine (windows 7) slow down the mac too much running SSFIV to be able to keep thinking of multi thread, but when I need to play I stop working, don't you ?

So Forget Bootcamp, stay on Osx, get you a parallels desktop and use the driver tips above to get the Madcatz stick working.
  • SailsSails Joined: Posts: 53
    X9Nz5.png

So as you can see, I have an Intel chipset. The USB controllers specifically are...
    "Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26"
    ...of which I have two sets of. Recognizes stick, installs the SE drivers, no response from the buttons or stick.

So. Now what :(
    I think "enhanced" is the issue there as posts above already stated that the right ones are "Universal host..."
    anyway what are those SE drivers you talk about ?
    Already tried the madcatz 360 drivers found on madcatz website ? (even if said to be for pad, they fixed my issue on a macbook pro for a TE stick)
  • mushbertmushbert With the lugoria Joined: Posts: 57
    @Sails, one of the more recent posts in this threads said someone's Intel motherboard, which was based on a P55 chipset, did not work because the UHCI compatibility was removed. I can't vouch for whether that's correct or not, but if it is you probably have the same problem because P55 would be "Intel 5 Series", and you wrote that yours is 6 Series (and thus even newer).

After reading this thread, I have to ask... Didn't anyone try replacing their system's OHCI driver with a UHCI one? Seeing as the stick is recognized even on chipsets that can't use it, the driver itself might be all that's stopping the stick from actually working. It's unlikely, but you might be able to find one that's not meant for your hardware, but that is not actually incompatible. Example as follows:
    fn8svr.gif
    1. Right-click your host controller, choose Update Driver
    2. Uncheck Show compatible hardware
    3. Navigate to (Standard USB Host Controller), pick Standard Universal...
    4. Click Next and click through any warnings, reboot if necessary
    Reversal:
    1. Double-click your host controller
    2. Navigate to Driver tab
    3. Click Roll Back Driver, reboot if necessary
  • SSJ-LuffySSJ-Luffy Touhou Fan Joined: Posts: 50
    Error (10) or something, if I try this...
    Theory Fighter
    Yeah, same here. I succesfully managed to replace my Intel ICH10 driver with a Via Revision 5 driver, but that doesn't accomplish anything since they're both UHCI. It's probably too much to hope for such a simple solution, but it's worth trying if the alternative is buying more hardware, right?
  • JotatoeJotatoe Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey guys! I just build my PC not too long ago..it's running on Win 7-64bit, Gigabyte motherboard, Intel i5, Radeon Sapphire 6950 and I also have USB 3.0.

Can anyone tell me if I still need to get the VIA chipset USB 2.0 PCI to get my TE-S to work?
  • Montsegur97Montsegur97 Joined: Posts: 13
    Was just wondering if any of you got some of these shipped to Canada? Tried the one on amazon, but they won't, and everything else I've seen seems a touch overpriced. Newegg wants to charge 10$ for shipping...
    @Jotatoe: There are posts in the last 3-4 pages of this thread stating the Chun-Li TE-S version does not have the problem, but I'm not aware of whether all TE-S sticks use the same circuit-board.

@Montsegur97: The WWE Brawl Stick is on clearance at NCIX, but the PS3 version sold out, and I assume you're looking for a TE. However, they obviously have a supplier who sells Madcatz stuff, so getting a currently unlisted model added may be as easy as posting in their product requests forum. Also, to be fair, $10 for shipping is relatively cheap considering the weight of the stick and how fast NewEgg would get it to you.
    I have almost the same problem as snail only that I'm using a TE-S instead of an SE:(
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have almost the same problem as snail only that I'm using a TE-S instead of an SE:(
    Which TE-S the Chun-Li or the Black SF IV?
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
    Dear Dudes! I've bought the via vt6212 chipset pci card and it works for me! Just plug in and everything works perfectly.

@sails Dude, you should get the pci card. Considering that your specs are almost the same as mine. This should be your solution!

Good luck to you guys out there!!
  • gushansen83gushansen83 Joined: Posts: 5
    So...same problem here...Macbook Pro 15" and iMac 24" (both late 2009)...just bought a Fightstick TE (PS3) ...gets recognized by Bootcamp Win7 (32bit) as "Wired Stick 8838", but no functionality...have been searching all day for a proper solution. Like someone above I played arround with the Setup Buttons while plugging the stick in and out...and just like him...I GOT IT TO WORK once. I was playing SF4 AE for 6 to 7 hours straight...no problems at all...then I wanted to see if it would be still working after the system went to standby...and back....and just like I expected...it was gone for good...I couldn´t get it back... This gets me mad as hell...OSX, Ubuntu etc etc etc....include the stick plug and play style like its supposed to...no more than 20s of work tops. And if me and probably everyone else can get it to work at least once in Windows (even with the "wrong" USB chipset) the functionalty must be fucking there, right? There must be a way to keep this "one hit wonder" going, by recreating the the exact same system state, that it was in when the controller worked once....

What we need is a TEST STUDY...everyone wo hadn´t had the stick working once yet, should archive all system information...drivers, hardware adresses, driver states etc etc etc. before trying it out....and once the stick gets his "one hit wonder"...gather the same system information again....something must be different...and once we know what it is...we can probably recreate it...

So if you haven´t had the pleasure of using the stick for one ....beautiful but way too ...short time...do us all a favor and do as i explained...If I get some data, I think I can localize the problem and maybe solve it immediately...

so long...lets keep searching...
    With parallels desktop, game and stick works great under osx, no need for bootcamp. Maybe try that on the iMac.
    On the macbook, you tried the madcatz 360 pad drivers ? under bootcamp this time.
    my iMac is not powerful enough to handle the game in a virtual machine...Bootcamp works just fine for like 60fps...and I find it to be a question of principle to get something that has been working once to function constantly...I´m a computer science major and this is one of the most ridiculous IT problems I came across so far... While in Bootcamp, so far I tried pretty much every possible driver that is out there, but it seems to be a USB fallback problem...the stick is a USB 1.0 device...and the standard system fallback when a non-usb.2.0 device is plugged in....is USB 1.1 mode...which clearly isn´t working for the stick...the USB handle driver is a shitty piece of coding work....I´m looking for a way to force the system into USB fallback 1.0 mode, but i haven´t found anything so far...if anyone finds something related to this problem, don´t hestitate to post it....there must be a way....
    I understand you perfectly, I worked hard to get my stick to work on my early 2008 macbook pro, and even got the ps3 dual shock pad working via bluetooth.
    Anyway, on osx the stick is also recognized as 8888 usb stick and isn't that much working natively for my experience. I had to play a bit with the driver files to make it work on parallels. It's not a windows driver that made it working, it's osx side... weird isn't it?
    For the windows bootcamp thing, I would put a bet on the power. I have a feeling it's about that. People said they got different result using art usb slot of the rack than others, and another thing I saw, the leds of the stick had a lower light and random silly behaviors while plugged on windows bootcamp (or any windows without the proper UHCI usb thing.
    While it´s not working...the USB asot is powered with 500mA...maybe someone can post the usb power setting with proper UHCI and/or without...while the stick works once....if the power setup is any diffrent from 500mA...maybe we can force the USB slot to operate with the correct power setting.
  • CobraKaiCobraKai Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭
    I have the Brawlstick PS3 version which works when plugged in. BUT going into sleep mode causes it to stop working!
    It doesn't recognise the S3 power sate.

Ive fixed the problem by using a powered Hub in my monitor. Turning the monitor on and off powercycles the stick and it works again.
    The same stick but the 360 version works fine. Its the microsoft drivers that make it work.

If Madcatz got off their ass and fixed their PS3 PC drivers we could all be happy, until then the only option is to mod it for the XBox 360 so it loads microsoft instead driver.
    maybe we can force the USB slot to operate with the correct power setting.
    The maximum power output for USB 1.0/1.1/2.0 ports is 500mA. Giving it more power is not possible, and giving it less would not make any sense as the device negotiates the power it needs with the host controller when it is connected. So if you see it being given 500mA, then it actually requested 500mA (or to be more precise, 5x 100mA unit loads).
    Well, for sure it's not about hardware issues. It's purely software side.
    How could I use my stick on this iMac using Paralells desktop 7 and a win7 virtual system while it's not possible if I install win7 directly thus both using the same hardware.

BTW, I just deleted the 360 controller driver (*.kext) from my osx Lion (see my post above if you're lost) it was supposed to make the stick recognized properly on osx and I thought it was a key in the process to make the stick work under Paralells desktop (witch isn't natively).
    I even reinstalled Lion on top of the old Lion I had (so keeping the users files, not clean fresh new install), guess what, the stick still work well with Parallels. I can't tell if osx recognize it as I have no tool to check that (well it's listed in the hardware overview and even with Madcatz name). On the virtual Win7 it's still a simple Wired USB 8888 stick... but a working one :)
  • The FabulousThe Fabulous Press Kick to Punch Joined: Posts: 10
    Made an account just to post this: I recent purchased a Round 1 PS3 TE stick. I was worried as it was shipping because I saw this thread. Since not all PCs, and certainly not my PC, are equipped with the necessary UHCI for the USB of the TE stick, I was really scared for a moment.

However, my worries were put at ease when I put it into a USB 3.0 port on my computer. It works with no problems. It does not work on my USB 2.0 ports where it is recognized as a USB 8838 Stick. I believe this is because of the xHCI (the UHCI replacement) protocol that should be near universal on all USB 3.0 ports. I hope this helps anyone else trying to get their PS3 stick to work on PC!

It is confirmed to work on my PC with no extra drivers, although the buttons need to be set in the game menu.
    My motherboard is a GA-870a-UD3
    The USB 3.0 chipset is by NEC; it works because of the xHCI.

EDIT: The stick is recognized as a PC USB Wired Stick 8838 regardless of USB 3.0 or 2.0; but the inputs are recognized properly under USB 3.0
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur Joined: Posts: 10
    Made an account just to post this: I recent purchased a Round 1 PS3 TE stick. I was worried as it was shipping because I saw this thread. Since not all PCs, and certainly not my PC, are equipped with the necessary UHCI for the USB of the TE stick, I was really scared for a moment.

However, my worries were put at ease when I put it into a USB 3.0 port on my computer. It works with no problems. It does not work on my USB 2.0 ports where it is recognized as a USB 8838 Stick. I believe this is because of the xHCI (the UHCI replacement) protocol that should be near universal on all USB 3.0 ports. I hope this helps anyone else trying to get their PS3 stick to work on PC!

It is confirmed to work on my PC with no extra drivers, although the buttons need to be set in the game menu.
    My motherboard is a GA-870a-UD3
    The USB 3.0 chipset is by NEC; it works because of the xHCI.

EDIT: The stick is recognized as a PC USB Wired Stick 8838 regardless of USB 3.0 or 2.0; but the inputs are recognized properly under USB 3.0
    My USB 3.0-ports worked perfectly, and I want to thank you so much for suggesting trying my USB 3.0 ports, your comment saved me many hours of trying with different random drivers on the internet. You are my hero, thanks!
  • cba5566cba5566 Joined: Posts: 2
    My USB 3.0-ports worked perfectly, and I want to thank you so much for suggesting trying my USB 3.0 ports, your comment saved me many hours of trying with different random drivers on the internet. You are my hero, thanks!

May I know what motherboard you are using now ?
  • BulbasaurBulbasaur Joined: Posts: 10
    May I know what motherboard you are using now ?
    I'm using the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. Z68 chipset, s1155
  • SPLIPHSPLIPH Joined: Posts: 17
    Hi. spent a lot of time tonight trying to get my SE stick working on my computer. I read that usb 3.0 works just fine. my stick is recognized as USB Wired Stick 8818.

Inputs does not work on my USB 3.0. Very upset =[

Tried both ports. Unplugging excess USB stuff and rebooting the computer did not help.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-GD80-B3

Does anybody know why the stick would not be working? If it helps to know the USB 3.0 ports on the mobo are by Renesas Electronics. I did some google searching and has left me with the impression that all their USB 3.0 support xHCI. is that true?
  • The FabulousThe Fabulous Press Kick to Punch Joined: Posts: 10
    Hi. spent a lot of time tonight trying to get my SE stick working on my computer. I read that usb 3.0 works just fine. my stick is recognized as USB Wired Stick 8818.

Inputs does not work on my USB 3.0. Very upset =[

Tried both ports. Unplugging excess USB stuff and rebooting the computer did not help.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-GD80-B3

Does anybody know why the stick would not be working? If it helps to know the USB 3.0 ports on the mobo are by Renesas Electronics. I did some google searching and has left me with the impression that all their USB 3.0 support xHCI. is that true?

That is strange and a bummer. Your motherboard is by MSI and chipset by NEC, however. Strangers still is that means your stick should actually work. Perhaps it is a difference in protocol between the SE and TEs?
  • kwagokwago Joined: Posts: 93
    My PS3 TE-S is dual modded with a madcatz retro pcb. I was playing last night in a bootcamped XP SP2 on my MBP (2010 model) install and my stick felt like it was dropping a lot of inputs. I noticed that the stick was detected as "Arcade Gamestick" or something to that effect. I also noticed that my stick inputs were showing up as a "Point of view hat controller" rather than in the X,Y axis window. Could the fact that it is using the stick as a hat switch be why inputs are not registering 100% of the time?

I was using the official 360 driver. When I let the stick use the PS3 PCB none of my buttons worked.
  • SPLIPHSPLIPH Joined: Posts: 17
    That is strange and a bummer. Your motherboard is by MSI and chipset by NEC, however. Strangers still is that means your stick should actually work. Perhaps it is a difference in protocol between the SE and TEs?

I got the stick to work. After many reboots i went into bios and checked the USB configuration settings. I figured i was grasping at straws, but i changed the setting "High Speed USB Link" from "PCH" to "Standard". Im not sure why it worked, mostly because i saw the setting description said it only effected USB 2.0. After switching it back and forth i can confirm this is what made my stick work.

Is it just other wording for the xHCI backwards compatability? I dont know a whole lot about how USB works. Trying to understand why my stick wasnt working and why this setting fixes it.

Here is the setting description:
    For adjusting USB 2.0 schematic routing path. Choosing "PCH" for Intel guideline design, and choosing "Standard" for USB-IF certification design.
    Could the fact that it is using the stick as a hat switch be why inputs are not registering 100% of the time?
    Probably not: hat switch = D-pad, and X/Y = analog thumbstick.
    I got the stick to work [...] I changed the setting "High Speed USB Link" from "PCH" to "Standard" [...] Trying to understand why my stick wasnt working and why this setting fixes it. Here is the setting description: [SIZE=12px]For adjusting USB 2.0 schematic routing path. Choosing "PCH" for Intel guideline design, and choosing "Standard" for USB-IF certification design.[/SIZE]
    PCH seems to be referring to the Intel "platform controller hub", so selecting that option may be replicating more than just the USB controllers (see diagram). While it could be causing your system to emulate some pre-release version of USB 2.0 which had problems with backwards compatibility, it's also possible (and maybe more likely) that the coding to emulate that setup simply doesn't work properly. Either way it's good to know for people with affected sticks.
  • the saviourthe saviour Joined: Posts: 170
    I recently built a pc and was having the same problem. My TE-S white model would show up on the controller config in AE but didn't work. Using the USB 3.0 ports and using motionjoy didn't work. Then after I plugged in a regular sixaxis controller it downloaded some drivers and the TE stick started working straight away.
  • 8bitturd8bitturd Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello from Canada,

I just got the Street Fighter 4 Arcade Fightstick TE ps3 8838 to work on my PC. I purchased:

Vantec 5-port USB 2.0 PCI Host Card
    Model: UGT-PC210
    VIA VT6212 chipset

running Windows 7 64-bit. At first after I installed it, it did not work with the drivers from microsoft. After a reboot and a minor change in the BIOS settings (I believe it was a setting involved with PCIpNp) it worked perfectly.

The card was $12 at Canadacomputers.com
  • killuminatikilluminati Joined: Posts: 18
    can anyone confirm that this will work in windows without problems?
    http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/productID.236817100?resid=T6m7bQoBAlkAAEcV4KIAAAAe&rests=1336523628945

i currently have a round one TE that works flawlessly in OSX but fails to be recognized in bootcamp running windows XP, simply shows up as USB Wired Stick 8838 or something like that, and because i'm on a MBP i'm kind of out of luck with PCI card replacements, i'm going to sell my stick first, need to know which PS3 sticks also work in windows, thanks.
    @killuminati : I have the exact same setup running...I work arround the problem by having the Windows (Bootcamp) Gamecontroller settings open (the one where you can see the inputs visually) and plugging the Stick in and out...always checking if the inputs get recognized....until it works...it takes me anywhere from 2 up to 30 attempts...but at some point the stick starts working...every time...and I can play as if there was never any problem...until the next system stand-by or shutdown...it´s probably not the most elegant solution...but I could avoid buying a new Stick and it usually only takes me a minute or to to setup the stick after Windows was booted....hope this helps...enjoy playing...
    don't forget to install madcatz driver for 360 controllers, it makes wonders sometimes
    so i tried plugging/unplugging it on the properties screen (that shows the inputs) under game controllers about 75-100 times, never recognized any of the inputs :\ i'll search for that 360 driver though
    don't forget to install madcatz driver for 360 controllers, it makes wonders sometimes

as far as 360 drivers go madcatz drivers section only has a link to Microsoft's website for drivers, i installed the wired 360 controller driver...is that correct? also what chipset do you have? i'm Nvidia which is apparently a problem
    http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?page=213
    this page, archives, "[SIZE=12px]PC Driver for Xbox Controllers (NOT for Xbox 360 controllers, see FAQ section for more info)"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]I installed those on my mbp bootcamp XP and it worked, You always have the Wired 8888 stick name but once in game in the controller options it's recognized as wired 8888 thing, with buttons working fine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]ANd if this don't solve the problem, well keep trying :) I can't remember how many things I installed to finally saw it working no idea why exactly, from "PPjoy" to "sixaxis driver" and this madcatz driver. PPjoy wasn't' a solution I think after all but it lead me to other drivers after some hours of goggling… there's also a dll file I forgot the name.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]as said in this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1982157[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]Try with different positions of the stick side button "LS DP RS" near the home and turbo button.[/SIZE]
    snip.

do you also have an Nvidia chipset? apparently that's the major reason why mine isn't recognizing inputs, was it the same for you? also i have motionjoy, ppjoy, ds3 drivers, xbox controller drivers all installed, try unplugging multiple times with LS/DP/RS etc etc still not recognizing any button presses or inputs, very frustrating especially when it's simply plug-n-play in OSX
    I guess I had nvidia it was a early 2008 macbook pro 17''.
    Now I use an iMac 2011 and I forget about bootcamp, I use Parallels Desktop and it works great.
    I have no game on mac to test if the stick is natively plug n play on Lion. However in one of my post earlier in this thread I posted a way to force it to work on OSX by rewriting a 360 driver. If only that was as easy on Windows...

I have a PS3 Te round 2 black stick.
    i have a 15" 2009 unibody macbook with Nvidia GeForce 9400M, not sure about Lion but in Snow Leopard it's plug and play, i use it with MAME and other emulators all the time in OSX, i had used it before in Parallels with GGPO but i don't have the CPU/GPU to run AE/SFxT in a virtual machine, i think i'll sell my current round one and go with the Namco stick as this seems like a lost cause, a lot of forums are saying it's simply incompatible with Nvidia.
    or you could mod it with a chtulhu chip for multi platform. I have one in my pocket just in case.
    The TE stick isn't an average stick, it's a damn good one. I hope your Namco stick will be customized sanwa parts asap if it's not because you'll feel the difference.
    or you could mod it with a chtulhu chip for multi platform. I have one in my pocket just in case.
    The TE stick isn't an average stick, it's a damn good one. I hope your Namco stick will be customized sanwa parts asap if it's not because you'll feel the difference.

so all i would need is the $30 PS3/PC Chtulhu Chip? or do i need to get the Multi-Console upgrade as well? i don't plan on using it with anything other than osx/windows and my PS3