MadCatZ PS3 TE FightStick: PC - Xp- vista- win7 32-64bit (read 1st post)

Comments

• ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    Does the Super Street Fighter IV PS3 TE work on PC?
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
    Only the Chun-Li TE "S" will work.
    Every PlayStation 3 TE before the Chun-Li one will only work depending on your Motherboard.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    Which motherboard(s) do the other sticks work on? Basically I'm trying to find a good stick that will work on my PC.
  • AzN_SkaterAzN_Skater I <3 Selena Joined: Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ Buy an Xbox 360 stick. Those work out of the box on PC.
    "Take another deep breath, try to hit your reset, you know that I can relate." -- Selena Gomez
    I mained Urien in 2000 BC.
  • slslasherslslasher Joined: Posts: 1
    I am buying this as it is cheap.

USB 2.0 HUB 4+1 PORTS INTERNAL PCI HOST CONTROLLER CARD - eBay (item 320520488901 end time Nov-16-10 05:08:08 PST)

Also, the chip no. is VT6212L so by right it should work.

1. USB 2.0 EHCI and USB 1.1 OHCI Compliant
    2. Transfer rate: Each port up to 480 Mbps
    3. Connects up to 127 USB devices simultaneously
    4. Support device hot swap and wake-up
    5. Over current protection, each port 500mA
    6. External port: USB-A x 4
    7. Internal port: USB-A/Pin header port x 1 (sharing with first external USB port)

Lets wait for it to arrive and i shall post my result~ :wgrin:
  • kwagokwago Joined: Posts: 95
    waiting ^^
  • MORGOTHMORGOTH Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi,
    i read a lot of the pages of this thread but i didn't found a real solution to this problem. I have xp sp3, the arcade fightstick for ps3, the system recognise it but no button work...

mobo is asus M4A78-E
    proc is AMD phenom 2 x4 945

any help? (i wrote to madcatz tech support and they didn't answer yet)
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    Hi,
    i read a lot of the pages of this thread but i didn't found a real solution to this problem. I have xp sp3, the arcade fightstick for ps3, the system recognise it but no button work...

mobo is asus M4A78-E
    proc is AMD phenom 2 x4 945

any help? (i wrote to madcatz tech support and they didn't answer yet)

Your best bet would be to plug in a USB card, any actually as long as it has the VIA VT6212L chip, as shown in the example pics on the first post. I have an AMD chipset as well and I got the same issue as you. Got a cheap VT6212L card and it works well.
  • TurvyTurvy Joined: Posts: 1
    I recently bought a madcatz TE round2 and wanted to hook it to my laptop. Like most of the people here it didn't work-- it came up as a game controller but no button response. I finally did my hw and found out that my USB were EHCI.

Since I have an expresscard slot my comp sci friends suggested that I buy a 2 port USB 3.0 express card (make sure it is backwards compatible with USB 1.1) I got a Vantec one from Fry's--it was rather pricey but hell, I drove too far, was jostled left and right in the store, and waited too long to go home empty handed. Long story short, the stick works.

Just as I was celebrating, I found out that some of my keys either didn't respond correctly or didn't respond at all; specifically my R2, L2, select, and start buttons. I went into device manager to check if stick was calibrated-- all keys responded (lit up with a corresponding number).

Rebooted game and before launching the game, there is a controller setting tab. Key in the buttons manually. (I.e. RT -> R1, RB-> R2... etc)

Tested it out again and it works. Hope this helps some of you.

This is the card I bought:
    Vantec UGT-UC302CB 2-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ExpressCard / 34 Retail
  • iorywangiorywang Joined: Posts: 298
    didn't see this. Now i think i need to cancel my buy one get one free ps3 order and get the 360 version instead.
  • Andromeda_ErickAndromeda_Erick Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi everyone!
    I'm new for here. I'm on the same way like the one who bought a arcade fightstick and it doesn't work with the PC.

I recently buy the SFIV Arcade fightstick Madcatz and I can not do to works on the pc.
    I download diferents drivers of PS3 controllers and none works. :sad: I don't know what I can do.

This is:
    thump_5661804sfiv-fightstick.jpg

I connect to USB 3.0 or 2.0 and it doesn't do anything. And the pc recognize like PC USB Wired Stick 8818.

There is a possible solution?
    Thanks for all.
    AMD Phenom(tm) X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz, 4Gb Ram, Crosshair IV Formula [motherboard], ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • Fighter21Fighter21 Joined: Posts: 68
    I have an AMD Athlon windows 7 64bit but it doesnt work. This is funny because mad catz stated that it works on every pc excep NVIDIA chipsets, well I dont have that. Ugh I guess no ggpo super turbo, dang too bad I wanted to level up my game.
    AKA SuperrV
  • djeclipsedjeclipse Joined: Posts: 60
    Imagine how feels when she finds out it doesnt work on PC.

Mine doesnt work on my win7 LAPTOP either which is sad. Planned to get it dualmodded anyways, so maybe it will work after that.
  • GirugaMarcGirugaMarc Joined: Posts: 353
    ASUS A52F Windows 7 64 bit

SSF4 TE

Stick registers button the buttons and analog aren't recognized

gaaaaayyy...it worked on my old laptop, which was Windows 7 32bit
  • bigbossVIIbigbossVII WELCOME TO DIE Joined: Posts: 644
    Street Fighter IV
    Q: My PS3 Arcade FightStick (TE and Standard) or PS3 FightPad is not working on my computer.
    A: The PS3 SFIV TE/SE FightStick and FightPad does not officially support the PC, but should work with PCs that do not make use of a NVIDIA® chipset. If a workaround is discovered, we will post more information for you here.
    Date Created: 3/6/2009 Last Updated: 6/30/2009

Good shit yo. Got a laptop, and Google search brings up nothing but this thread.
    8 button is new school cat stomping ground...

dealwithit.gif
  • keineheldenmehrkeineheldenmehr Joined: Posts: 22
    Something else that you could do, if you have an ExpressCard slot on your laptop, would be to try using a USB hub with that. Theoretically I think that'd be a better option, seeing as it's not using the USB ports altogether then.

4-Port USB ExpressCard Hub is Obvious, Convenient

Something a bit like that.

what if you're using a netbook. a netbook lacks an express card slot. and i cant think of any other way of making this work.

i was thinking buying an external usb ports that 1.1 but would that work?
  • Andromeda_ErickAndromeda_Erick Joined: Posts: 2
    I have bad lucky because, recently bought a:

4+1 Port USB 2.0 PCI Desktop Card - VIA Chip Set

And it still not working... My fightstick not work!!! :'(
    buy this card was just throwing the money.

My motherboard is:
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula, Chipset: AMD 890FX

Regards,
    AMD Phenom(tm) X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz, 4Gb Ram, Crosshair IV Formula [motherboard], ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
  • 7thFonon7thFonon Joined: Posts: 563
    So I'm guessing if you have a laptop there's not much you can do about this (without changing the casing so you can add another usb slot)? Looks like everything that solves the problem is a chip with a usb slot extended from it.
  • coldfire101coldfire101 Joined: Posts: 2
    same problem here!!!

I've just bought a madcatz sf IV SE anmd i have the same problem......recognised as wired stick 8818 but no buttons registering...:( :(
  • coldfire101coldfire101 Joined: Posts: 2

USB 2.0 HUB 4+1 PORTS INTERNAL PCI HOST CONTROLLER CARD - eBay (item 320520488901 end time Nov-16-10 05:08:08 PST)

7. Internal port: USB-A/Pin header port x 1 (sharing with first external USB port)

So...did this work sslasher??....Plz tell me if it did so I can buy something similar and try to make my stick work!
  • wsippelwsippel Joined: Posts: 2
    Now that's weird: Supposedly, the PS3 TE stick is UHCI only, and will only work on Intel and certain Via chipsets, no? Well, I bought a new MacBook Air a couple of days ago, which uses a Nvidia MCP89 chipset as far as I'm aware, and that's an OHCI/ EHCI controller - and my TE works just fine under OSX. I actually tested the stick on four different Macs with different chipsets, and it worked on every single one of them. I guess the chipsets aren't really the problem, the drivers are - it seems possible to "emulate" UHCI on OHCI chipsets. Maybe someone with low level programming and Windows driver development knowledge could hack something together to make the stick work on OHCI chipsets?

PS: Hey, first post... :)
  • threithrei Low IQ Idiot that plays charge characters Joined: Posts: 726
    posted on another forum, thought it was interesting:

wsippel wrote:
    Now this is weird: The PS3 TE sticks use UHCI, and only work on mainboards with Intel or certain VIA chipsets, correct? I just tested the stick on my new MacBook Air, which uses a Nvidia MCP79 OHCI/ EHCI USB controller - and it works just fine. I assume the fact that the stick doesn't work on Windows with certain chipsets is actually a driver issue, not really hardware related.
  • TheUtilityGirlTheUtilityGirl Joined: Posts: 155
    So...did this work sslasher??....Plz tell me if it did so I can buy something similar and try to make my stick work!

I have one of them ordered myself, It takes them quite a while to get here because it's shipping from Hong-Kong could take 3-4 weeks, Mine should be here 15th or 28th.

Ordered around feb 25th/26th.

These two look the same:
    Amazon.com: 4+1 Port USB 2.0 PCI Desktop Card - VIA Chip Set: Electronics
    USB 2.0 HUB 4+1 PORTS INTERNAL PCI HOST CONTROLLER CARD - eBay (item 320520488901 end time Mar-16-11 06:08:08 PDT)

I'm pretty sure if it didn't work there's something driver related wrong not hardware related might want to check any drivers you have installed previously in other attempts to get it to work and uninstall them.
    posted on another forum, thought it was interesting:

I don't think much about OS's but, Ive tried it on a few different ones with the same result.
    <Markman> No one will die as long as I'm around
    <Markman> I parry armageddons with my finger
    <Markman> I can also parry your girl with my finger
    <Markman> Hold that
  • wsippelwsippel Joined: Posts: 2
    I don't think much about OS's but, Ive tried it on a few different ones with the same result.
    Have you tried it on OSX as well?
    USB-Bus:

Ort für Host-Controller:	USB (Integriert)
      Treiber für Host-Controller:	AppleUSBOHCI
      PCI Geräte-ID:	0x0d9c 
      PCI Revisions-ID:	0x00a1 
      PCI Hersteller-ID:	0x10de 
      Bus-Nummer:	0x06 

Manufacturer ID 0x10de is Nvidia, device ID 0x0d9c is a MCP89 OHCI controller. And it works just fine:
    PC USB Wired Stick 8838:

Produkt-ID:	0x8838
      Hersteller-ID:	0x0738
      Version:	 1.00
      Geschwindigkeit:	Bis zu 12 MBit/s
      Hersteller:	MadCatz
      Standort-ID:	0x04100000
      Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA):	500
      Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA):	500

PC USB Wired Stick 8838

Button #1 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #2 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #3 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #4 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #5 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #6 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #7 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #8 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #9 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #10 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Button #11 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 0
    Button #12 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 0
    Button #13 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 1
    Hatswitch : Minimum = 0, Default = 8, Maximum = 8
    X-Axis : Minimum = 128, Default = 128, Maximum = 128
    Y-Axis : Minimum = 128, Default = 128, Maximum = 128
    Z-Axis : Minimum = 127, Default = 127, Maximum = 127
    Z-Rotation : Minimum = 127, Default = 127, Maximum = 127
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x20 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x21 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x22 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x23 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x24 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x25 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x26 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x27 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x28 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x29 : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2a : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2b : Minimum = 0, Default = 0, Maximum = 255
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2c : Minimum = 512, Default = 512, Maximum = 512
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2d : Minimum = 416, Default = 416, Maximum = 416
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2e : Minimum = 512, Default = 512, Maximum = 512
    Page: 0xff00, Usage: 0x2f : Minimum = 512, Default = 512, Maximum = 512

I am kind of a mac hater so no, no I have not. Overpriced crap that would be paperweight.
    <Markman> Hold that

Mine did arrive and it did work with no problems! Got it a day earlier then expected
    <Markman> Hold that
  • solidgear91solidgear91 Joined: Posts: 135
    I am curious has to whether this will allow my ps3 TE to work on my desktop:

Newegg.com - Rosewill 4+1 VIA USB 2.0 PCI Adapter Model RC-103

It seems to be the correct chipset but can anymore confirm that it is? Has anyone here had user experience with this product?
  • solidgear91solidgear91 Joined: Posts: 135
    Anyone?
  • TonepoetTonepoet Joined: Posts: 155
    Hey guys, long time no see. Since I've seen you last I've gotten a new computer to replace the last one, which I commited acts of manslaughter against. It's a model 8,3 2011 17" macbook pro with a 2820QM and AMD 6570. I'm having a bit of an odd problem and figured you guys might like to listen to it.

My MvC2 T.E. works just as fine as it ever did under OSX no doubt but under 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate Edition things get a bit, well, wonky. I plug the sucker into the USB port on the right and it doesn't register. I plug it into the USB port in the middle and it does register but it's unusable because the joystick constantly registers as being pressed down, no matter whether the stick's set to D-pad mode, left stick mode or right stick mode. I haven't tried plugging it into the far left port yet but I'm both lazy and afraid it might blow up my computer. :P

I should've read this thread first I suppose. If I had, I may've elected to buy a different computer after reading this post if I thought this would be an issue. It just strikes me as strange since I thought Apple was using almost entirely intel stuff, but perhaps not. I'm not sure if that's actually the issue with me, since I'm getting different responses on different ports while running Bootcamp. Oh well, at least my Hori VLX works fine...

On another note, for those of you with laptops, I have absolutely no clue if this would work, since the device is primarily designed with Graphics Cards in mind but I'd figure the more adventrous amongst you techie sorts would like to give it a shot. This little sucker just recently came into my awareness. It's an unpowered PCIE x1 to Expresscard/34 adapter. In theory you guys should be able to buy one of the desktop class VIA chipset cards, plug it into that thing, and plug that into your expresscard34 with a power source and maybe it'll read your Joystick?

I'd try it out myself but it's a bit too rich of a solution for my blood, weiging in at 64 bucks. It also specifically states on the page that it doesn't work with macs which drives me even further away. . . Might be worthwhile information to somebody 'round here though.

Catch ya later.
  • santa_fe1982santa_fe1982 Joined: Posts: 3
    I recently bought a madcatz TE round2 and wanted to hook it to my laptop. Like most of the people here it didn't work-- it came up as a game controller but no button response. I finally did my hw and found out that my USB were EHCI.

Since I have an expresscard slot my comp sci friends suggested that I buy a 2 port USB 3.0 express card (make sure it is backwards compatible with USB 1.1) I got a Vantec one from Fry's--it was rather pricey but hell, I drove too far, was jostled left and right in the store, and waited too long to go home empty handed. Long story short, the stick works.

Just as I was celebrating, I found out that some of my keys either didn't respond correctly or didn't respond at all; specifically my R2, L2, select, and start buttons. I went into device manager to check if stick was calibrated-- all keys responded (lit up with a corresponding number).

Rebooted game and before launching the game, there is a controller setting tab. Key in the buttons manually. (I.e. RT -> R1, RB-> R2... etc)

Tested it out again and it works. Hope this helps some of you.

This is the card I bought:
    Vantec UGT-UC302CB 2-Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ExpressCard / 34 Retail

your laptop os win7 64bit?
  • KatatoniaKatatonia Joined: Posts: 12
    Was really hoping there would be a software fix by now, especially after the the anoucement for SSF4 AE on the PC.. Unfortunately I'm running crossfire, cathodes, and a wireless card, so all my slots are blocked.. Looks like I'll have to accept purchasing a 360 stick :(
  • saiferothsaiferoth Joined: Posts: 191
    Was really hoping there would be a software fix by now, especially after the the anoucement for SSF4 AE on the PC.. Unfortunately I'm running crossfire, cathodes, and a wireless card, so all my slots are blocked.. Looks like I'll have to accept purchasing a 360 stick :(

This. T.T god dangit madcatz.
    SSF4 - Cody, Ryu, Makoto
    UMvC3 - Frank West teams
    3SO - Akuma, Ken, Alex, Hugo
  • The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876

It seems to be the correct chipset but can anymore confirm that it is? Has anyone here had user experience with this product?

I'll give it a go. Feedback seems to be really positive
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
  • The Game mario316The Game mario316 Back in The Game Bitch Joined: Posts: 876

Sorry to double post but to update this quote here, I bought this and just installed it. Tested it out and my stick is working perfect on it so I recommend this for anyone that's having a problem trying to get there PS3 stick to work on the PC
    "Originally posted by RandomNigga"
    "I got a grudge match for you: 50$, my dick vs. your mouth, first one to spit loses. Put it on any screen you want."
  • grendelrtgrendelrt Joined: Posts: 12
    Sorry to double post but to update this quote here, I bought this and just installed it. Tested it out and my stick is working perfect on it so I recommend this for anyone that's having a problem trying to get there PS3 stick to work on the PC

Thanks for updating that this works, ordered one for my stick =)
  • DiMenezesDiMenezes Joined: Posts: 26
    I'd like to add here that I also had problems with my PS3 TE stick on my PC and I bought today the model suggested here and now it works wonders!
    VIA VT6212L. It was cheap and works wonders. If anyone has problems with their stick I'd say this is the easiest way to go.
  • ZlasherZlasher www.disqus.com Joined: Posts: 77
    So if I have a laptop that doesn't have a express slot am I just totally fucked? I bought the stick specifically for AE on PC next month.
  • rikcrikc Joined: Posts: 521
    Ugh, I have an Intel chipset and though my TE and SE sticks (both PS3) are detected, still having no luck at all having my inputs read. I'm on a laptop without an express slow, so a new PCI card isn't an option. Any ideas?
  • ZlasherZlasher www.disqus.com Joined: Posts: 77
    Ugh, I have an Intel chipset and though my TE and SE sticks (both PS3) are detected, still having no luck at all having my inputs read. I'm on a laptop without an express slow, so a new PCI card isn't an option. Any ideas?
    I have the same problem as you, I figured my Intel chipset would have been fine and now I just have to play on my other laptop which is XP 32bit for now...
  • Pwnag3Pur3lyPwnag3Pur3ly Joined: Posts: 50
    It says my arcade stick is malfunctioning and doesn't read it as anything but and unknown device....wtf?
    GT: BruceleeRoi
    SSF4: Sagat/Guy/Juri
    King of Fighters: Terry/Kim/Ash-Vanessa
    GMOTW: Terry/ B. Jenet