THE SF4 BEGINNERS Thread! NEW? POST HERE FIRST!

Comments

• kraalkraal Joined: Posts: 548
    It depends on which execution method you're comfortable with. Either charging your special moves, or doing quarter circles motions.
    Some chars that I find easy to use at basic level: acceptable health level, good damage, good priority, easy to use specials...
    - circle motions : ryu/sagat/ken
    - charging : blanka/honda, boxer maybe.

If you're a girl-characters player, cammy.
  • TwistTwist RadarTrap Joined: Posts: 698
    Really no one else can choose your main for you.

Even if you ask all the people who main the same character what their motivation is you'll find a whole range of responses; from "I win most with him" to "I really love the way he looks in tights"...
  • RyuRobinRyuRobin Joined: Posts: 91
    I'll try cammy and Ryu, when I get better I'll want to learn akuma because he is the coolest Street Fighter character IN GENERAL.

EDIT: the game is so nice! I'll finish the story with all characters, started with Ryu and he seems nice, I can do all moves and a simple 3 hit combo.
  • VersatileBJNVersatileBJN Zero Cool Joined: Posts: 598
    Well, firstly, Rufus and Balrog are the easiest characters in the game to use by at least 2 miles. Rufus first, then Balrog.

With that said, toss the "who's a good starter character?" notion aside. People say "Oh, start with this character because he's easy and teaches you the fundamentals".

Nah, get your swag up.

Start with the character you like best, period. Even if you're a total scrub and you like Viper, Fuerte, or Gen, use them. Build your way up from scratch. You'll be just fine as long as you are dedicated. When you try and use an easy character first just because they're easy, you end up not learning the game completely and/or end up sticking with the character just because theyre simple and not because you like them.

Why play Rufus for 2 months and then move on to Viper when you could have been playing Vper from the start? Those 2 months count!
    SSF4 Main - Akuma
    Sometimes I can do a shinku hadouken but other times it becomes a shoryuken.. I'm kinda new to 2D fighters, I got CvS like.. 4 years ago? But on a PS2 controller I sucked at it, and I wasn't any better with an arcade stick (playing on a PS3, input/fps lag etc.. even tho It's not an excuse)..
    Well you could say I'm not new to them really, but actually trying to get good at them.
    I'm trying to get better on both, 2D and 3D fighters now... :karate:
    My question.. well, do you have to wait after doing a qc or do it right after the other one? When doing a Shinku hadouken for example.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,210 mod
    Think about how people start the pressure up. For most characters it's really hard to start pressure without jumping or dashing in, so instead of looking how to get out of pressure/mixup situations, look at how to react and stop the jump-in in the first place.

Also, learn to turtle. Stop pushing buttons when people are at an advantageous situation on you. That's all I can say cuz your post is a little vague.

Anyway, I have a question of my own, not necessarily SF4 related but w/e. Does anyone know how to View All (or a bunch) of posts written by a certain user? I swear I've seen a button that does this on the site but I can't find it.

I know if you find a person's post you can click on their name and there's an option to view a lot of their more recent posts. Strangely enough you have to find a person's post in order to do this. Like if you are just looking for a player and know their name and look for their name in the members list...that's not enough. The player profiles no longer have the post archive option like they did before SRK got all changed up. Now you have to find one of their active posts first. The easiest way to do that is just type in their name in the search function.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Ah, but if you search for the person through the site then you'll have to wait 5mins before searching for more of their posts :wink:

So search for one of the person's posts by going to google and searching for "<<NAME>> site:shoryuken.com"

That'll find a post by them but doesn't make you wait 5 mins to do another one, so then you can follow DevilJin's instructions on finding more of their posts.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I need help deciphering the notation used on the forum. I'm using common sense along with
    http://sonichurricane.com/articles/sfnotation.html, but some of it is just not making sense. I'll use the following as an example. It's the first one in the Chun L forum i in the "Chun Li Combos and Glitches" thread.

C.LP -> C.LP, C.LK, C.MK, SC.MP, S.LP, S.FP (only against certain characters), SC.FP, SC.RH

C. means crouch right? What about SC, does that mean standing crouch? What exactly does RH mean?

Can someone clarify "chain" please?
    When I use an arcade stick and it has a switch that allows it to "be" the left analog, right analog or d-pad.. should I choose d-pad or left analog? ... It's a HRAP3 if anyone has any experiences with it.
  • HFXHFX SMYA Joined: Posts: 4,751

C.LP -> C.LP, C.LK, C.MK, SC.MP, S.LP, S.FP (only against certain characters), SC.FP, SC.RH

C. means crouch right? What about SC, does that mean standing crouch? What exactly does RH mean?

c = crouch. sc = if i have to guess, standing close. rh=roundhouse aka HK.

lol standing crouch.
    Malaysian. Kuching FGC founder. Follow me on: Twitch | Twitter | Facebook
    When I use an arcade stick and it has a switch that allows it to "be" the left analog, right analog or d-pad.. should I choose d-pad or left analog? ... It's a HRAP3 if anyone has any experiences with it.

It doesn't matter which you choose for SF4, the game and stick both have only 8 directions no matter what.
    I can do all moves on Ryu's movelist and some basic combos but I can't beat the arcade mode on medium.. Well, I am kinda new to 2D fighters and there is so much depth compared to 3D fighters, but I won't give up, I'll try to be as good as I can.. I know it won't be easy and it will take time to train and learn about everything in this game but still, I will do it..:karate::cool:

EDIT: I found a pretty good 2-part 2D fighting game tutorial:

• jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,834
    hfz69 is right.
    A lot of people playing Chun-Li ask that.
    Laugh.

Oh wow RadarTrap.
    You linked to my Post.
    Laugh.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    Hey guys, although I played a lot of SF II and its variations all those years ago, I pretty much gave up playing fighting games in general for some reason until I heard of SF IV, I played some SF Alpha (can't remember which one) and Third Strike on occasion, but not that much. Guess the main reason this game caught my eye was because I saw all those characters making a comeback and I felt nostalgic, specially because of Guile, who's always been a favorite.

Having played SF IV on both 360 and PS3 (no arcade version where I live), I actually own the PC version mainly because I don't actually own any of those consoles and the PC one is much cheaper here.

Being away from this game for over a decade means I get my ass kicked quite often, I play mainly Guile and use a x360 controller, which isn't all that bad to me, even though I might consider buying a stick in the future if I'm still into the game then.

Watching some videos online it's obvious that I'm pretty bad and slow in comparison (I manage to win every now and then against real players who, I suppose, are just about as bad as I am, and I can handle the "hardest" difficulty with no problems (this doesn't say much, I know)), but my question is, playing against the CPU is any good for practice or should I just go against real opponents?

Also, is it risky to use that "unlocker" thing? I'm interested in it mainly for the artwork (I've unlocked every character by now), because I'm an artist myself, but apparently in order to see them all I have to complete all the trials and I'm just not that good.

Thanks.
  • OverworldOverworld Low Tier Joined: Posts: 1,595
    Playing against the CPU really isn't good for practice, mostly because the computer doesn't really react like a person does. At best you can use it like training mode with a dummy that moves, but it won't prepare you near as well as finding some real live competition. (Or if you can't arrange that, online is the next best thing.)
  • rainscaperainscape Joined: Posts: 547
    Hey guys, although I played a lot of SF II and its variations all those years ago, I pretty much gave up playing fighting games in general for some reason until I heard of SF IV, I played some SF Alpha (can't remember which one) and Third Strike on occasion, but not that much. Guess the main reason this game caught my eye was because I saw all those characters making a comeback and I felt nostalgic, specially because of Guile, who's always been a favorite.

Having played SF IV on both 360 and PS3 (no arcade version where I live), I actually own the PC version mainly because I don't actually own any of those consoles and the PC one is much cheaper here.

Being away from this game for over a decade means I get my ass kicked quite often, I play mainly Guile and use a x360 controller, which isn't all that bad to me, even though I might consider buying a stick in the future if I'm still into the game then.

Watching some videos online it's obvious that I'm pretty bad and slow in comparison (I manage to win every now and then against real players who, I suppose, are just about as bad as I am, and I can handle the "hardest" difficulty with no problems (this doesn't say much, I know)), but my question is, playing against the CPU is any good for practice or should I just go against real opponents?

Also, is it risky to use that "unlocker" thing? I'm interested in it mainly for the artwork (I've unlocked every character by now), because I'm an artist myself, but apparently in order to see them all I have to complete all the trials and I'm just not that good.

Thanks.

Regarding the trials: The time attack and survival trials shouldn't be too hard. Just pick Zangief. Most AI opponents don't know what to do against Lariat, so you can actually win most rounds easily by just spamming it. You'll have to get through the character specific trials to unlock the artwork though, but doing those trials will help your overall execution a bit.

As for practicing against the CPU, it will do more harm than good in the long run IMO. It teaches you bad habits that you'll eventually have to unlearn. The thing is, the AI can get beaten easily by stuff that wouldn't work on a real player, but sometimes has no problem beating stuff that would normally work on a real person.

Just stick to training mode to practice your execution, and play against others to build up your match-up experience, mind games and mix-ups.
    ST & HDR: Boxer
    SF4: Boxer, Dictator
    SSF4: ???
  • systransystran Joined: Posts: 209
    Yo I made those tutorials, I'm working on part III now, what kind of stuff do you guys want on there? What do you have trouble with?
    Wow I finally completed the arcade mode LOL, took me 4 days to do so, and on this playthrough, I did better, only died against Sagat and it took me 1-2 continues to get through and 2-3 continues to get through that nude guy who fights using other people's moves.. his name was.. Seth? Oh well, I think I'm doing better and better with time, I play 1-2 hours a day, almost every day.. So, is it that Fighting games (Mainly 2D ones, 3D ones are easier, and Guilty gear isn't that hard either) just take time and practice? I mean, I could complete the first 3 Ryu challenges, and first 2 of Challenge 4, gonna try and complete them all.. (I really wanna complete it 100%, all trophies, and to get all trophies you gotta get 100% in the real game)
    is it that Fighting games just take time and practice?

It depends what you want to get out of the game. If all you want to do is pick up and play with a few equally clueless friends then you can have a lot of fun that way. If you want to take it seriously and really get good then yes, it takes a lot of time and a lot of practice.

To make the game beginner friendly Capcom have made the inputs to do individual moves very lenient, but to have flawless combo execution is extremely difficult - and that's not even touching on the mind games and such that others have been practicing for 10 years already.

If your only motivation is getting all the trophies then there are plenty of ways to abuse the system by finding holes in the A.I. and getting friends to throw matches and rage-quitting - but if your motivation is to get as good as you possibly can then there are no short-cuts, just hard work.

Luckily that hard work is extremely rewarding and great fun! :bgrin:
    It depends what you want to get out of the game. If all you want to do is pick up and play with a few equally clueless friends then you can have a lot of fun that way. If you want to take it seriously and really get good then yes, it takes a lot of time and a lot of practice.

To make the game beginner friendly Capcom have made the inputs to do individual moves very lenient, but to have flawless combo execution is extremely difficult - and that's not even touching on the mind games and such that others have been practicing for 10 years already.

If your only motivation is getting all the trophies then there are plenty of ways to abuse the system by finding holes in the A.I. and getting friends to throw matches and rage-quitting - but if your motivation is to get as good as you possibly can then there are no short-cuts, just hard work.

Luckily that hard work is extremely rewarding and great fun! :bgrin:
    Well, the 100% trophies is only one of my goals, I want to get good in this game not play with confused friends, I used to play fighting games like that but I've given up on it, we don't have tournaments but I am gonna mod my HRAP3 with sanwa buttons XD I don't want to use cheap things like ragequit etc.. I want to get good, learn combos, understand things and maybe, in far future, go to tournaments, so yeah, I hope you understand.. I don't want to play it 24/7 and have no other hobbies and personal life but yeah, I still love fighting games, and in general, not only SF.. It's something I can't explain, they are frustrating, hard but.. I love most of the character designs in fighting games and the gameplay is just... fun and I love it, even when I get my ass kicked all the time lol. So yeah, I got an answer to my question: That I'll get better when I play it regularly and train..
    Anyone got any good hints on when/how to land cancelling moves consistently?

What I mean is, in the challenges you have to throw combos and I can cancel one normal move into another easily and consistently but to cancel a normal into a special I can rarely get them to combo.

Any good tips on how I can improve would be appreciated.
  • InfilInfil una catástrofe con una pelota de beisbol Joined: Posts: 8,629
    Canceling a normal move into itself is possible with most characters' crouchling light punches or kicks, and is easy to do if you just mash the button. This is called "chaining".

To cancel a normal move into a special move, you must input the special move somewhat fast, and do it immediately following your normal move. Probably the best move to practice this on is Ryu's crouching MK canceled into a fireball. Practice just doing a fireball motion by itself until you are consistent. Then, start in a crouching pose, and do the same fireball motion as before, but right before you start moving the stick, press MK. Pressing MK and pressing punch for the fireball should happen within about a third of a second of each other (ie, pretty fast). You want to press punch for the fireball when Ryu's leg hits the opponent. If you do it later than that, you won't be able to cancel the move.

You're probably not doing it fast enough. Think about just doing the special by itself, but pressing a button for a normal just before you start moving the stick. Don't think about the normal and the special too separately from each other.
    Visit my Complete Killer Instinct Guide! Learn everything you wanted to know about the game. Every mechanic and character discussed with embedded video examples!
  • rainscaperainscape Joined: Posts: 547
    Anyone got any good hints on when/how to land cancelling moves consistently?

What I mean is, in the challenges you have to throw combos and I can cancel one normal move into another easily and consistently but to cancel a normal into a special I can rarely get them to combo.

Any good tips on how I can improve would be appreciated.

One other thing to keep in mind: You can't perform a special cancel immediately after chaining two normals together. For example, if you're using Ryu and you mash out 2 crouching jabs and try to cancel the 2nd hit into a special, it won't work. If you're trying to do a trial mode combo that involves several light attacks followed by a special, you're going to have to delay a bit between jabs so that you get a link instead of a chain.
    ST & HDR: Boxer
    SF4: Boxer, Dictator
    SSF4: ???
  • DannkkDannkk Joined: Posts: 1,761
    Anyone have tips on moving between different setups? When I play at home or online my execution is really solid with the combos I use. I'll go 9/10 or 10/10 linking c.lp, c.hp. Then I'll go out, and not even be able to get the jab to come out when I do j.hk, c.lk, c.lp. I won't really hit any links until I've played for a couple hours. It's really frustrating missing easy stuff you nail near 100% at home.

My setup at home is a Toshiba LCD with game mode. Between 1 and 2 frames of lag.
    Bombing for peace is like f%@&;ing for virginity. - bumper sticker
    My Mods - http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/Dannkk/Dual%20Mods/
    One other thing to keep in mind: You can't perform a special cancel immediately after chaining two normals together. For example, if you're using Ryu and you mash out 2 crouching jabs and try to cancel the 2nd hit into a special, it won't work. If you're trying to do a trial mode combo that involves several light attacks followed by a special, you're going to have to delay a bit between jabs so that you get a link instead of a chain.

cool cheers for the advice.

How do I know it is a link or a chain?

E.g. in one Balrog challenge, I have to jump+HK, then crouch+MP, then into low dash straight (a special move).
    I am getting the words to go red from the kick to the punch and the "2 hit combo" comes onto the screen and then when I throw the low dash straight it appears to be too slow (Dan actually blocks it instead of hitting him).
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,834
    The only Chains that can be Canceled into Specials are Jump-in and Target Combos.
    So your Balrog one, you are not doing the Dash quick enough for the [Crouch]Medium Punch to cancel.

When I say Jump-in can be Chain and Cancel, I am saying it Chain into a Ground Move, then that move Cancel to Special.
    Now if you add another move after the Ground Move, then from the Ground Move to Second Move have to be Linked.
    Then that Linked Move can be canceled into Special.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    The only Chains that can be Canceled into Specials are Jump-in and Target Combos.
    So your Balrog one, you are not doing the Dash quick enough for the [Crouch]Medium Punch to cancel.

When I say Jump-in can be Chain and Cancel, I am saying it Chain into a Ground Move, then that move Cancel to Special.
    Now if you add another move after the Ground Move, then from the Ground Move to Second Move have to be Linked.
    Then that Linked Move can be canceled into Special.

Thanks, I think I understand. I need to get quicker at getting the low dash straight out.

Whats a target combo though?

I wish the manual explained these things better, I would have never known these things if I hadnt come here.
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,529
    My first time using an arcadestick is turning out to be my worst nightmare D:

Ok.....

Believe it or not I got ok at SF:IV with the 360 controller. I find the d-pad to be ok for just charge characters and the analog stick to be perfect with fireball, srk, and 360 motions. I was able to get to G1 and have been having some fun since I got there like 3 months ago.

But I've hit a wall with my game. So I figured getting a stick and learning how to use one properly would elevate my game farther.

I chose to get an SE Fightstick due to its price and its easy, no soldering modding capabilities.(I'll mod it later.)

....I suck now. :sweat:

I'm so used to being able to do srks, fireballs and supers so fast using just my thumb. I can never do a super/srk in a middle of a battle with this stick now. It seems my muscle memory when I play fighters has me trying to play with the stick like my 360 controller(in a middle of a battle I move my left hand so that only my thumb would move it.:sweat:)

And about the stick, I'm having a really hard time with the square gate and the fact that the actual stick can spin around in place.(Do the authentic Sanwa joysticks do this too? If so....) I find myself thinking I made a full super/srk motion only to have a fierce/medium/jab punch come out. :crybaby:

And my right hand(my button pressinging hand) is getting sore really fast, I seem to be doing it wrong when it comes to my hand placement. I can't even do simple chip damage setups like cr. m kick into fierce fireball...I can only do the medium punch version due to my hands being in the wrong position to let me do it.

So what ask of SRK is too help me with how to place my hands and if the Sanwa/Semisitstu(spellcheck) parts really would really help out an arcade stick noob?

Many thanks in advance. :smile:
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • DannkkDannkk Joined: Posts: 1,761
    And about the stick, I'm having a really hard time with the square gate and the fact that the actual stick can spin around in place.(Do the authentic Sanwa joysticks do this too? If so....) I find myself thinking I made a full super/srk motion only to have a fierce/medium/jab punch come out. :crybaby:

And my right hand(my button pressinging hand) is getting sore really fast, I seem to be doing it wrong when it comes to my hand placement. I can't even do simple chip damage setups like cr. m kick into fierce fireball...I can only do the medium punch version due to my hands being in the wrong position to let me do it.

So what ask of SRK is too help me with how to place my hands and if the Sanwa/Semisitstu(spellcheck) parts really would really help out an arcade stick noob?

Many thanks in advance. :smile:

All the sticks will spin around...that shouldn't be a big deal once you get used to it.

Put your first three fingers over the three punch buttons. Use all three of them and try using your thumb some on the bottom row(not for everyone, but some people like it).

New parts don't do a ton for the stick. A JLF is better, but the SE joystick hasn't got any glaring flaws. The buttons are a pretty big deal. SE stick's buttons are poorly made and if you notice that they don't work every time you press them, you should replace them. They'll wear out pretty quickly. Overall, though, unless you know you're hitting directions or buttons that aren't registering, new parts won't make much difference.
    Bombing for peace is like f%@&;ing for virginity. - bumper sticker
    My Mods - http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/Dannkk/Dual%20Mods/
  • poopmilkpoopmilk Joined: Posts: 30
    is there a trick on how to tech tick throws from people? i have the hardest time trying to anticipate it, if they are in the middle of their combo links.
  • kampretkampret Joined: Posts: 127
    I'm at work and have no access to consoles.. but somehow it just bugs me...

What happen when during a fight played online on PSN, and suddenly you disconnect your controller?

The reason I asked is that I just did a mod on my TE stick yesterday, and during online play I got a disc.... It didn't seem that the other player ragequit since he was doing a move when the disc happened.. so I wonder if my TE stick just randomly disconnected, causing lost connection to the other player.... or was that just a pure online disconnect?

I know.. I know... I can just wait till I go home to try it out.... but that wouldn't be fair to the other player that I'm playing if my assumption was true (disconnecting controller causing online disconnect) I'm very against ragequit..

Thank you..
  • kampretkampret Joined: Posts: 127
    nvm I figured it out... you won't lost connection by unplugging the controller during online play... so it must be a random internet drop
    I'm at work and have no access to consoles.. but somehow it just bugs me...

What happen when during a fight played online on PSN, and suddenly you disconnect your controller?

The reason I asked is that I just did a mod on my TE stick yesterday, and during online play I got a disc.... It didn't seem that the other player ragequit since he was doing a move when the disc happened.. so I wonder if my TE stick just randomly disconnected, causing lost connection to the other player.... or was that just a pure online disconnect?

I know.. I know... I can just wait till I go home to try it out.... but that wouldn't be fair to the other player that I'm playing if my assumption was true (disconnecting controller causing online disconnect) I'm very against ragequit..

Thank you..
    Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum (but I have already read articles on it many times) :lovin:
    I have read many guides (including the ones in this post) but I have still 395875 questions.
    I'll start with only 2 for today :D

1. Is it enough to calculate hit advantages/recovery/startup in order to make a nice combo?

2. I will take Vega as an example for this question. He has a nice combo which is:

Jumping HK -> Standing MK -> LP Rolling Crystal Flash

Ok, so about this example:

a) It works because it cancels the MK into the special, right?
    Because LP RCF would have a 22 startup frames but Standking MK has only 2 hit advantage frames!
    b) Why it doesn't work with for example MP Rolling Crystal Flash or HP RCF?

Thank you :)
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't play Vega, but I think I can answer your question. You are right that it works because the mk is canceled. MP or HP RCF probably don't work because they have too many startup frames before the move actually hits.
    I don't play Vega, but I think I can answer your question. You are right that it works because the mk is canceled. MP or HP RCF probably don't work because they have too many startup frames before the move actually hits.
    Ahh, I think I got it!!
    Since the MK is cancelled I don't have to consider its recovery frames, right?
    So I have:

MK -> 16 hit stun frames (do I have to consider also the 2 active frames?)
    LPRCF -> 9 startup frames
    I must enter RCF within 7 frames

MK -> 16 hit stun frames
    MPRCF -> 16 startup frames
    I must enter RCF within 0 frames (impossible, so it doesn't work)

Is it correct?

• jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    StockBreak, you basically got it sorta.

I think you can only cancel a move during the active frames so you really don't have all 7 frames to cancel the MK with LP RCF. For cancel combos, -basically if a move has less startup frames than the previous move's hit stun frames - then it combos.
    StockBreak, you got it.
    Yeah, thank you :lovin:
    Now I can make my calcs freely :P
    Anyway, just 2 more questions:
    * I have SF4 for Xbox, until the fightpad arrives (about 1 month since my sister will go to America and they cost very few comparing to Italy), shall I use the analog or the directional pad?
    * Is it good the FightPad?
    * Should I buy the "Hori Xbox 360 EX2 Arcade Fighting Stick" instead of the FightPad (other arcade sticks cost way too much :P)?

Thanks!
    StockBreak, you basically got it sorta.

I think you can only cancel a move during the active frames so you really don't have all 7 frames to cancel the MK with LP RCF. For cancel combos, -basically if a move has less startup frames than the previous move's hit stun frames - then it combos.
    Oh, so I have only 2 frames?
    In fact it is pretty hard to do regulary :D
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    Stockbreak, sounds like you've got good understanding of combos and frame data. However, knowing the basics and execution are far more important than discovering combos as far as improving play. Mike Z and other combo vid makers usually aren't top players.

In other words, I would just X-copy combos posted on the forums and find what works for you to focus all your energies at first. Frame data is probably better used to make your own setups than your own combos, most people have already found all of the best combos already. Sounds like you're off to a great start. :karate:
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
    Stockbreak, sounds like you've got good understanding of combos and frame data. However, knowing the basics and execution are far more important than discovering combos as far as improving play. Mike Z and other combo vid makers usually aren't top players.

In other words, I would just X-copy combos posted on the forums and find what works for you to focus all your energies at first. Frame data is probably better used to make your own setups than your own combos, most people have already found all of the best combos already. Sounds like you're off to a great start. :karate:

Thank you :woot:
    With setups you mean different combinations against different enemy strategies?
    The big problem is that I'm not so bad performing combos or link, but when I start getting rushed (for example a real player or a ultra-insane pc) I fail them all :sad:
    Anyway I'll kep practicing :wgrin:
    What about the pads (my previous post)?