E's Laf [Warning, Doujin Poverty]

HyperhalHyperhal Ooh take a picture of itJoined: Posts: 1,871
Well, the game is still being developed at the moment. A new patch has come out for it recently, and with the help of a couple other SRK members, I was blessed with this download

Official Website: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/E%27s_Laf/index2.html

Download: http://frst.hp.infoseek.co.jp/E%27s%20Laf%20ver0.21.lzh

It's a fun ass training mode game, but I'm not sure how real matches would go
The Mike Vick Training Camp
http://casiocountry.blogspot.com/

Comments

• NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    I'll give it a shot.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does it have online play?
  • HyperhalHyperhal Ooh take a picture of it Joined: Posts: 1,871
    No online play(at least I don't remember seeing it). Remember, its just a demo. Only has 5 characters at the moment, and some of the stuff isn't final
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    Team Poverty represent!

Also, let's start a channel for this shit. #eslaf on efnet

Wow, this shit has horrible input reader and it kinda lags for some reason. :S
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
    No online play(at least I don't remember seeing it). Remember, its just a demo. Only has 5 characters at the moment, and some of the stuff isn't final

Ah ok. Looks like my computer can handle this so I'll try it out. Main looks interesting.
  • Random123456789Random123456789 Finally logged in! Joined: Posts: 551
    Thanks, I'll try it out. Video of the main character makes it look fast.:looney:
    What is there not to know??

Wonderful statement from Keits:
    "Children are not an opportunity to me. They are a 20+ year prison sentence."
  • oldboyoldboy You are a big fool! Joined: Posts: 192
    How do I get it to let me use my stick? Looks like the third tab in config is for none keyboard controls but when I click on a button to edit it doesn't do anything.
    Really? It works for my stick. I do know the config is kinda weird though, the tabs for the arrows go:

Up
    Right
    Left
    Down

and my current button config is:

ABC
    D E

EDIT: It's not an infinite :looney:
    maybe it doesn't like the xbox sticks. :(
    What do I do for the config? Is it already set so that all I have to do is click OK or is there something essential that I have to enable?
    maybe it doesn't like the xbox sticks. :(
    Hope that's not the case. My only other option is a PS2/USB adapter and an old PSX controller.
  • Clear SkyClear Sky Wolf Shirt Joined: Posts: 3,301
    What do I do for the config? Is it already set so that all I have to do is click OK or is there something essential that I have to enable?

Hope that's not the case. My only other option is a PS2/USB adapter and an old PSX controller.

If it doesn't work then use joytokey.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQA-KTzaPA
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    If it doesn't work then use joytokey.

Thanks alot! Worked swell.
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    [insert "donjon fighting engine" joke here]

Edit: This have netplay?

Edit 2: NM, I see it doesn't ;_;
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Looks like a solid little fighter. Would have been a hit in the PS1 days.
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • 123-Genei-Jin123-Genei-Jin , ?????, Profit! Joined: Posts: 538
    try Xpadder instead, I like it better than joy2key
    :lp::lk::mp::qcf::qcf:+:p:
    I found out what I need to do to have joytokey register my stick's buttons but I can't get it to recognize stick inputs for the arrow keys.
  • LuscheLusche gets pwnd by scrubs Joined: Posts: 283
    you should really try xpadder ...
    not even worth to be called a scrub ...
    If anyone has problems trying to run the game due to MSVCR71.dll missing, just dl it here and put it in the game's directory folder.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    you should really try xpadder ...

I did, and it has the same problem. It won't register the stick inputs.
  • NegroNinjaNegroNinja N-Word Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,620
    ditto on the xbox pads/sticks, it works with the analog but the dpad ( and I'm assuming stick ) gets no response whatsoever.
    AKA Hellpockets/Hotpockets/HaxMurderer/Darth Sharpton
    This game has a weird cancel system.
  • Random123456789Random123456789 Finally logged in! Joined: Posts: 551
    The input doesn't always respond. But otherwise, I like it.
    What is there not to know??

Wonderful statement from Keits:
    "Children are not an opportunity to me. They are a 20+ year prison sentence."
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    a doujin fighter so poor even mizuumi won't take it
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
    There's a lot of things off about this fighter. Well it's still in beta so maybe it won't be that way on official release. Until then, bleh.
    The input doesn't always respond. But otherwise, I like it.

Ok. I thought it just had really fucking strict timing. Good to know.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396
    I found out what I need to do to have joytokey register my stick's buttons but I can't get it to recognize stick inputs for the arrow keys.

I can't open JoyToKey to check right now because I have no pad connected (-_-...), but there's a checkbox somewhere that gives you a lot more options for assigning directionals (you get things like the analog sticks and stuff)
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • LuscheLusche gets pwnd by scrubs Joined: Posts: 283
    I did, and it has the same problem. It won't register the stick inputs.

strange ... it works fine for me ... but im using a FS3 ...
    if axis dont work try pov in the settings for xpadder ... that should help
    not even worth to be called a scrub ...
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,772
    Well, the game is still being developed at the moment. A new patch has come out for it recently, and with the help of a couple other SRK members, I was blessed with this download

Official Website: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/cogwheel/E%27s_Laf/index2.html

Download: http://frst.hp.infoseek.co.jp/E%27s%20Laf%20ver0.21.lzh

It's a fun ass training mode game, but I'm not sure how real matches would go

The official website says that the game was last updated in 2007, and that was patch 0.75. We have patch 0.21. The screenshots on the official page also have a different HUD.

Also, I think the green-haired girl has an infinite (I got up to 25 hits) that goes (IAD j.A, j.A, j.B)xN.

EDIT: If you guys didn't know, the characters have 2 versions (like slash and bust from ssIV). Just choose the character with E for Type-B. Unfortunately, only the green-haired girl has her alternate version in this patch, and she doesn't have a move list up.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
    The official website says that the game was last updated in 2007, and that was patch 0.75. We have patch 0.21. The screenshots on the official page also have a different HUD.

Also, I think the green-haired girl has an infinite (I got up to 25 hits) that goes (IAD j.A, j.A, j.B)xN.

EDIT: If you guys didn't know, the characters have 2 versions (like slash and bust from ssIV). Just choose the character with E for Type-B. Unfortunately, only the green-haired girl has her alternate version in this patch, and she doesn't have a move list up.

Actually, the first site is more or less what they want the game to be in the future. Theres a second website thats getting updated every couple of weeks or so, which is the same place I got the download from

http://frst.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
    I can't open JoyToKey to check right now because I have no pad connected (-_-...), but there's a checkbox somewhere that gives you a lot more options for assigning directionals (you get things like the analog sticks and stuff)
    strange ... it works fine for me ... but im using a FS3 ...
    if axis dont work try pov in the settings for xpadder ... that should help

I fixed the problem. Thanks anyway.
    Actually, the first site is more or less what they want the game to be in the future. Theres a second website thats getting updated every couple of weeks or so, which is the same place I got the download from

http://frst.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Ok. This is what I think. That first site is an April Fool's joke. It was not planned to be a real game. That was back on 2007. Then, they started development, and this is where they are now. This is the real site:

http://frst.hp.infoseek.co.jp/html/index.html

Also, that site has the green-haired girl's Type-B movelist on it.

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    Hmmm. I've been trying to find some infinites for Serena (green haired girl), and I haven't been able to get past 25~ hits. I've been doing to it off of her 66B, but it seems that eventually you get pushed back too far, even if you do dashing 66Bs. I'm pretty sure that's the case, though I wish I could record footage of this game with fraps to be super sure. :/

Speaking of dashing, you can apparently install your dashes in your jumps, so that you dash instantly if you hold forward when you land. And I wonder what's up air dashes in this game. If you do a forward or neutral jump, you can tap 6 for an air dash. Easy. Yet when I want to IAD off of a hit normal, it's much harder. This game is kinda clunky.

Too bad there's no netplay for this. I'm already getting bored of this.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
    Hmmm. I've been trying to find some infinites for Serena (green haired girl), and I haven't been able to get past 25~ hits. I've been doing to it off of her 66B, but it seems that eventually you get pushed back too far, even if you do dashing 66Bs. I'm pretty sure that's the case, though I wish I could record footage of this game with fraps to be super sure. :/

Try what I said in my first post:

(IAD, j.A, j.A, J.B)xN

I got to 25 hits before I dropped it. There shouldn't be too much of a problem with pushback because it is all done in the air. Timing is strict.
    And I wonder what's up air dashes in this game. If you do a forward or neutral jump, you can tap 6 for an air dash. Easy. Yet when I want to IAD off of a hit normal, it's much harder.

The IAD always works the same. It is 6 after 8 or 9. It works the same way when you jump-cancel an attack or just normally jump. I not sure why you guys keep saying the game is clunky. Everything is flowing just fine for me (I'm using a Street Fighter 4 pad with Xpadder).

Try what I said in my first post:

(IAD, j.A, j.A, J.B)xN

I got to 25 hits before I dropped it. There shouldn't be too much of a problem with pushback because it is all done in the air. Timing is strict.

Have you tried:

2abd IAD.ac land 2cd IAD.ac repeat? It's much easier than what you have, and can do about 3.5k before you get pushed back too far. I haven't really look at the character yet, so when I actually figure her out I'll post more stuff
  • aqualungaqualung aka roadapple Joined: Posts: 460
    The game feels really smooth to me right now.

I did have issues at first, but after i figured out how all the cancels work and everything, the game became much easier to work with!

fun so far, but as always, time will tell

edit: o btw, is anything jump cancelable on block?
    11:23:41 AM Led: yes 'cause the guy use a trick
    11:23:55 AM Led: like using again and again the same blow
    11:24:05 AM Led: or grabing
    11:24:10 AM roadapple: XD
  • Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,134
    seems decent if they still working on it.
    Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Great. Another fighter for the US to not care about.

Sorry doujin game #N- you need this many characters for your game to stand a chance. Oh, and dont even think about not putting them in sequels 10yrs down the line.:smile:
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    yeah i mean there are so many incredible doujin games that will never have their time to shine
  • someAzNdudesomeAzNdude Spammin 6a Joined: Posts: 335
    This game is lol

I messed with Reviel a bit, try doing 214D~A(drum it) and watch him slide into a throw(assuming the opponent is in the trajectory)

Looking forward to what this game is like out of beta.
    #Arcana

Feels pretty tight. I use jC instead of jB, due to it having more hitstun. I have still yet to get past 25 hits. :sad:

Edit: Also, I tried you're version of that combo Hyperhal, and you get pushed back around 20ish hits. Too bad cuz it's pretty easy.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • VoomerVoomer Joined: Posts: 70
    .22 came out on the second
    Yup, and they fixed Sis' throw glitch. Still trying to find changes, will post if I find something dumb
    Hey. Apparently Ver .26 is out now. Also, the site address changed, and they have a better looking site.

http://www.es-laf.netgamers.jp/

• aqualungaqualung aka roadapple Joined: Posts: 460
    hey thanks for that spooty!

was just checking this thread last night to see if anything had been updated.
    11:23:41 AM Led: yes 'cause the guy use a trick
    11:23:55 AM Led: like using again and again the same blow
    11:24:05 AM Led: or grabing
    11:24:10 AM roadapple: XD
    If I'm guessing right, those are the characters they're gonna eventually put in. Game is still in serious beta, but heres hoping development steps up soon
  • bellreisabellreisa liz sucks Joined: Posts: 1,184
    looks better than mkv
    mizuumi.net - wikis for games you've never heard of.
    homingcancel.com - arcana heart community.
  • Zero3KZero3K Joined: Posts: 24
    Someone should translate the Story and/or Character page on its official site (http://www.es-laf.netgamers.jp/).
    This game reminds me too much of Destruction Desire. I'm sure I had this conversation with someone before.
    Jazzy NYC '99!
    Team Wack
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    What's with the uniform girl's punch, it takes out 40% of life on every hit.
    Three punches in a row is a 100% combo :lol:
  • Marmalade-BeatMarmalade-Beat のヮの Joined: Posts: 450
    This is SOLID compared to MKV and a lot of 1.00 doujin games, and thankfully it looks like a lot of the sprites is filler (heck, look at Serena's inconsistent sword detail)

Can't say the same for the rest though, the game plays when both inactive and in the background, voice actors strain themselves a bit too much, there's a few obvious imbalances with attacks, and they gave you optional life recovery in training mode for the sacrifice of a decent tutorial mode.
    のヮの
  • toloretolore Joined: Posts: 1,696
    yeah this game looks really sweet, hopefully they keep making it better and better!