RENOCREW 2011 (Northern Nevada's Fightin Game Scene)

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    I was just hanging out with Hanh last weekend, I am convince him to come to SFIV. Let's see more 360 gamertags for some casuals. I'm tired of learning to play against Ken, and Ken, than Ken on LIVE.

xbl // slavename
    MAD DEC3NT // David
    Totalrecarl24 // Warren
    DaiKumaNeko // koikaze
    OC Reaver // Marc
    Wabkia // Richard

Need to reactivate live lul
    mizuno, what's your PSN handle??
  • RenoROBRenoROB Reno Dangerous Crew Joined: Posts: 414
    UPDATE: GAMECRAZY Kietzkie THIS SATURDAY at 8pm TOURNEY $5 entry... sticks allowed...

8pm - TILL WHO CARES

Pot - 70/20/10
    The REAL RENO Originator is BACK!!!
  • psychoballzpsychoballz Joined: Posts: 475
    Alright we got a stick tourney, this is gonna be nice. I'll be there for sure
    I close that day, but if you guys go, can you please get serious player's contact info so we can get them on the boards?
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Someone gotta be Heel! Joined: Posts: 1,708
    sweet !!! its late at night .... After I get off work and sticks allowed finally.

Looks like ill make this one.

koikaze I think Thursdays are perfect because I have to work weds. and i usually

feel like crap. I dont work thurs or friday so that would be ideal.

I have been still having some trouble with the stick but I just need to use it all the

time and get that pad fighting out of my head lol.

See you all Thurs at 6!
    god lives in reno. play me and lose.

psn: DaScatman
  • marvazmarvaz Joined: Posts: 137

Yo whats up everyone, im new on this site. I was at the disc dr gs for the sf4 tourney, and lost to koogy in the semis lol. A little about me. I have not played sf since street fighter exx plus alpha when i was 10 yrs old or any game for that matter competitively since that age. I actually got back into gaming when i saw my brother playing mk vs dc universe, in november 08. I would always see him playing online vs people and i found that intriging. One day he just said hey you wanna try and i said sure. When i first started playing under his gamer tag (J V C 21) I noticed his record on ranked was 100 wins 200 losses. I went into it with no practice and not even playing arcade mode. I quickly compiled around 100 more losses but then i started getting the hang of it. My brother stopped playing the game completely, he started playing cod and i played mkdc when he was away. Fast forward to now and people nation wide recognize me as a top 5 player or THE top player in the nation for mkdc. Im Number 1 on the leaderboards and have given countless beatings lol. I swear there is no one out there that can beat me at this game besides a select 2 or 3 people in a series.

Anyway, im sure noone here likes mkdc for whatever reason. I stopped playing mkdc when sf4 came out. I heard about the tourney and tried to practice, but little to my knowledge, this game is WAY different than what i remember from sfexpa and WAY different than mkdc. I lost to koogy and than i bought a sf4 pad, and have been practicing since with the pad. I got better but nothing major and want to get better by playing good people. I didnt even know that the reno/sparks area even had a video game scene until i read this thread. My gt is Marvaz009 for those who want a beating in mkdc lol :) but if you are willing to play me in sf4 and help me out that would be great thanks. Look forward to meeting all of you on thursday.
    well welcome both to reno sf thread...

we do hold practice several times a week at different places....

go to http://allisfighter.com/group.aspx?id=6512

also for updates of practice nights

what character did u use?
    what character did i use for what?? if you are implying about the sf tournament, i used ryu, and i sill use ryu. If your talking about mk i use liu. Anyways i added you (renorob) to my friends list on xbox and have sent you messeges and invites and you never respond lol.
    Practice tonight at my house at 8pm

call before u come!!!

250-5845

address 1st post of this thread!!!
    Yo, this is me, gunna be helping host the Kietzke tourny. New to the Street fighter scene.

Thanks Robb for posting it for me, I appreciate it.

I suggest bringing a stool or something along those lines to set your sticks on, if not, bring your own chair.

Yeah we are hoping to have a fun night with much banter and perhaps some MM's after the actual tourney so bring a few extra bucks.

Spread the word, thanks guys.
    marvaz... i try to keep friends online to those who i cant play in reno.... and werent u gonna stop by last night?!?! maybe next time...

TY all for coming over last night.... practice was good... everyone is seriously improving on a pace much faster than I anticipated.... AWSOME!!!

to those that didnt come over last night... FOR SHAME!!!!

hehe
    when are these practice sessions? I'd like to come and play. I don't have my own stick tho, is this a problem?

if you guys are bored with scrubs online hit me up

ps3: DaScatman

i'm on at all times of the day at random intervals from 30 minutes to 4 hours sessions.
    cool... i usually post practice nights here and at http://allisfighter.com/group.aspx?id=6512
    so go there as well to know when there is practice nights...

we usually have sticks avaliable... so thats not going to be a problem... and if u play on pad thats ok too... course I think I'm going to have to get u out of that bad habit... hehe

next practice is tonight at Koikaze house... info is on that allisfighter link call there and find out...
  • Mr iglooMr igloo Registered Userr Joined: Posts: 379
    Hey Marvaz, whats up? I was that Bison user you beat in the second round of the Gamestop tournament.... Good to see you on here!

Also, my friend and I will be trying to drive up for the Game Crazy tournament this weekend. So if I make it up there I hope to meet you all and have a blast!
    mr igloo, cool man thanks for welcoming me lol. Im sure youve improved as has everyone. Renorob,, sorry about last night i couldnt make it. Ill probably be there tonight but not for too long.
  • koogykoogy BROKENTIER.COM Joined: Posts: 3,360
    damn, reno is hype again

shame that madcatz couldn't make a fucking stick if they tried

sent back both my sticks, i'm out of commission for 4-5 weeks on SF4
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    www.brokentier.com | www.twitter.com/brokentier | www.facebook.com/brokentier
    DONT FORGET

**Game Crazy Tournament (5$ entry), Saturday, March 7th
    8pm - TILL WHO CARES

Pot - 70/20/10
    GREAT GAMES GUYS....

TY to everyone that came... 20 players is amazing!!! i hope a lot that spectate will decide to participate next time....

Great Games to Cameron and Koogy.... for making me sweat a little....

NEXT GAMECRAZY TOURNEY

MARCH 28 2008
    8PM $5 Entry.... 70/20/10

Double Elim!!!!

BE THERE!!!
    SF4 - GameCrazy Results
    1st - RenoROB
    2nd - Koogy
    3rd - Foxtrott
    4th - Cameron
    5th - CBK
    5th - Mario (Marvaz)

Highlights - Smash players making a statement in SF4... Foxtrott sending Koogy to losers early... Martin eliminating JC... Marvaz gets rookie of the year in SF4 eliminating FuturChamp and Psychoballz in the losers to take 5th

C U GUYS on the 28th
    Just got back home and I have to say that was quite the tournament! Too many things to talk about but the finals were amazing! Congrats to Rob for taking the money and a stool! :rofl: :tup:

It was nice seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones in the process! It was a really great time and I can't wait for the 28th
  • xrolentoxrolento Guile Master Joined: Posts: 54
    Rob got lucky the real deal didnt show up! But im glad to see a decent turnout. And what about a stool? What happnd?

Oh ya i will play rob for the 70 dollars if he wants to see whos better!:arazz:
    Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? -Batman
    "you too strong!" -Daigo at evo2k6
    Jason Nelson from Dangerous Crew, the "OG'est" of the OG crew -quote from James Chen
  • FuturechampFuturechamp Roaming and Trolling Joined: Posts: 285
    PRACTICE AT ROBS!!! Come over tonight if you want to improve or just get there butts whooped. haha, especially you xrelento. j/k j/k btw this is jose if you guys are wondering :p
  • ffoxxttrottffoxxttrott Joined: Posts: 280
    Definitely had fun times at the tourney! I need more match-up experience though.
    foxxtrott you beat my ass with zangief...but shit i was playing stupid and letting you come towards me lol. you still whooped my ass. I would love a rematch with you. whats your xbox gt?? and do you ever play online??? At everyone else, yeah last nights tourney was really fun. Met a lot of people. Anyone that wants to play me online hit me up- gamer tag- marvaz009 or j v c 21. look forward to playing you all again on the 28th.
    When I lived in Nevada I couldn't find anyone who played fighting games...all fucking hunters and shit in Stead.
    Hey Marvaz! LoL Yeah, you seemed to panic a little once I got in. Your spacing and combos were really solid but once I got in you seemed to freeze up a bit.

I actually don't own the game yet because I don't own a PS3 or Xbox360, but I always play at CBK/Koikaze's place. Maybe you can make it to one of the gaming nights that Rob or Koikaze holds and we can play again!
    GGs everyone at the tourney, Great turnout, would have liked to have seen Nelson but hopefully next time. Nice to meet the Winnemucca boys, and everyone else.

Finals were cool and went the distance, Rob played well, and I really need to get in some more games with you Cameron I think you're gonna be coming up in this game.

In 3 weeks I think the level of skill will improve nicely and it should be another good tourney. Until then lets play some matches whenever we can.

sorry Elle I tried to go to your place to play with OC reaver and Jose but I couldn't remember the apt. # and was walking all over the place drunk, I tried to call but didn't get an answer so maybe next time.
    online tournament

anyone that is interested in a online tournament here you go.

http://www.cevo.com/?page=main

Yo, had lots of fun and learned a lot at the tourney. Great to see everyone show. I hope it's twice as big on the 28th.

Starting in a few weeks me and a friend have total access to a really big hall that can house probably around 60 to 80 people and obviously quite a few TVs. So if anyone has a really big tournament planed for Reno we should have the place.

I'mma be practicing hard for the next tourney (as opposed to not at all for this one :P).

I hope to see you guys on the 28th, and maybe before.

See you, and thanks again.
  • BPCBPC Fresh Just for you Joined: Posts: 286
    Honda 4 life. Look out rufus players, I have something nasty for you next time :D
    -BPC- Keeping it real in Reno
    Honda 4 life. Look out rufus players, I have something nasty for you next time :D

if it's honda, i'll be disappointed
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • TantinTantin [iHeatExtend] Joined: Posts: 1,099

Big pimp Honda? I don't care for this at all.
    I stand 77 feet tall, I got eight balls
    and all'a'y'all are subject to my sprawl
    I act appalled when in receipt of less than the highest honor
    some day I'll be both revered & passe like madonna

i lol'd
    Tantin where have you been man!? I thought you were getting in on this SF4 scene? Have you been working a lot or something
    Tantin where have you been man!? I thought you were getting in on this SF4 scene? Have you been working a lot or something

I am getting into SF4, I've just been really sick the last few times you've gotten together.
  • BPCBPC Fresh Just for you Joined: Posts: 286
    Hopefully the honda will be enough, if not then you will have a far better character to deal with. Honda just doesn't have any tools once Rufus gets in...time for me to man up and just keep your asses out.
    -BPC- Keeping it real in Reno
    Practice at my house Wednesday 5pm till WHENEVER!!!

bring drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), food, tv's, console, sticks, controllers etc...

only rule... MUST BE STREET FIGHTER RELATED...

We're going to have SHOTS per GAME challenge and whatever other challenge u want to dish out including but not limited to money matches...

Call before coming over

775-250-5845

4500 Mira Loma Dr #182

All is invited... I definately wanna see
    marvaz and mr igloo to start showing up.... cause guys definately impressed me the most... a the gamecrazy event...

not to say other players that showed up arent invited... but I want to get some games in w/ them...

Koogy, JC, Trevor, Tantin, Chris C, Claw, Truffle, Martin, Danny, Jose, Warren, Mike, Lee, Drago, Roy and whoever else that I missed in smash community and who came to the Gamecrazy and Gamestop events to start showing up.... to practice...

the players that showed up to the gamestop even came like one time and they all just fell of the face of the planet... WTF.... dood SHOW UP!!! PRACTICE!!!

RenoROB
    oh shit! i'll be there.
    oh shit! i'll be there.

Shut up, you live there.
    Would love to join but I am a little bit away :) I will try to come one day for practice especially since the competition here is non-existent and Live gets tiresome after a while. :tdown: But until then I will just wait until the 28th :bgrin:

Also, Marvaz. It sucks we couldn't get a game going on Live! I really hate my internet sometimes!
    oh shit! i'll be there.

i think it'd be more impressive if you went home once in a while
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    I need your help...

My XBOX died :sad: E47 single red ring... since i bought it refurbished i have no more warrentee

so I am going to try to fix it before tonight....

but I ask for those coming over if u want to a least play it on two tv's to bring an
    x360 over

TY

RenoROB
  • PotePote Joined: Posts: 121

We're going to have SHOTS per GAME challenge and whatever other challenge u want to dish out including but not limited to money matches...

Rob, you don't want to do this. My drinking skills are top tier. : P
    Dang I can't make it tonight... wish I could.
    Rob, you don't want to do this. My drinking skills are top tier. : P

BRING IT... I'll make u pass out so fast!!!

shit that wouldnt be fair cause I'd still be sober....

I'll take shots for every time u have to take a shot... just to be fair....
    Jesuschrist, Truffle NO! You don't have to prove yourself like this! It's unsafe!