RENOCREW 2011 (Northern Nevada's Fightin Game Scene)

Comments

• koogykoogy BROKENTIER.COM Joined: Posts: 3,360
    O t g

bionic

aaaaarm
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    www.brokentier.com | www.twitter.com/brokentier | www.facebook.com/brokentier
  • FuturechampFuturechamp Roaming and Trolling Joined: Posts: 285
    o t g

bionic

aaaaarm

spammer

for the new guys my number is 775-443-9788
    call me in case your lost or something :/
  • woot-elitewoot-elite Joined: Posts: 225
    well I'm brining my stick anyways. I'm thinking of switching to Team resident evil, lol GO Jill, Wesker, Chris!
    tournament result for mvc3

1 Lee
    2 CBK
    3 Scamp
    4 Igloo
    5 futurechamp
    5 Jigsaw
    7 wootelite
    7 dragon glove
    9 Zombie
    9 Jesse
    Great job, Lee! Glad to see a good turn out for MvC3. I can't wait to play you guys again on Wednesday. :D
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • JigsawFXJigsawFX Tekrat Joined: Posts: 55

1 Lee
    2 CBK
    3 Scamp
    4 Igloo
    5 futurechamp
    5 Jigsaw
    7 wootelite
    7 dragon glove
    9 Zombie
    9 Jesse

Im happy that i won some matches atleast.
    Tekratti = Youtube
  • ScampScamp Making Miracles! Joined: Posts: 1,003
    All right. Let's see if I can do this from memory without looking at the bracket because I'm at home and don't have it in front of me...

1 Lee
    2 CBK (Lost to Lee x2)
    3 Scamp (Lost to Lee and CBK. GOT THAT 10 PERCENT!!!)
    4 Igloo (Lost to CBK x2)
    5 futurechamp (Lost to Scamp and Igloo)
    5 Jigsaw (Lost to Lee and CBK)
    7 wootelite (Lost to CBK and Igloo)
    7 dragon glove (Lost to Futurechamp and Jigsaw)
    9 Zombie (Lost to Scamp and wootelite)
    9 Jesse (Lost to Scamp and Jigsaw)

Did I get them all right? Some of these are (educated) guesses...
    I don't think this will ever change.
  • yaoyao Make'em Say UGH Joined: Posts: 383
    DAMMNN LEE!!!! with the lame trish? anyway secret training lol
    Live in northern Nevada? Reno CruU http://www.facebook.com/groups/122190174533481/

prod7gy.tv
  • Mr iglooMr igloo Registered Userr Joined: Posts: 379
    The real winner is the Pink Eye Epidemic that is going to happen tomorrow.
    Scamp, lol I lost to Lee and Igloo, but the rest looks okay. I think we should do round robin next time if we have less then 14 people.
    The real winner is the Pink Eye Epidemic that is going to happen tomorrow.

Lol, I doubt it, but I wish Godspeed that everyone doesn't get it.
  • ShinhideakiShinhideaki Sono Mama Shine Joined: Posts: 138
    I now have a pinkbourous and I secretly used Martin to infect the Reno.
    My Wesker will now rule the Reno crew as a new god.

Didn't you guys notice wesker had red eyes.

It is the secret of his power. (PS, I currently am not infected by pinky)
    Baden Baden Lily...
    GOOD SHIT MARTIN

but for real, i am holding a fundraiser for japan. 100% profits from the "japan" tiger shirt are given to charity. BROKENTIER — TIGER (JAPAN)
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • psychoballzpsychoballz Joined: Posts: 475
    lol I didnt get pink eye either but I'm hoping Mario didnt get it or anyone else for that matter.
  • DragongloveDragonglove Joined: Posts: 22
    Neat. Forums are a little more active than I expected. Good games everyone, and I'll definitely be showing up more often since yesterday was a blast.
    ok so im kinda raging that i lost to scamp. what a bastard. haha.

also im not doing round robin if you guys keep showing up late, there is not enough time to do that and if you do want that format i suggest showing up earlier.

anyways found out my schedule for next week. working overtime again so Wednesday night a no go unfortunately.
    BUT I can do THURSDAY (3/24) again :DDD

and thursday isnt a permanent day for us. i would rather do it on Wednesday but it wont be available for me to host for at least one more week or two.

so tournament for SSF4 and for MVC3. one set up for ssf4 and 2 for mvc3. to enter 7$ dollars entree fee

and im STARTING TOURNAMENT AT 6:30PM this coming thursday. NOT 7pm. again show up at 6pm to warm up.

same thing as last time. paying out 60/30/10 for both games.
    double post.

FYI your all gay. that is all.
    Kay. I don't care when you start it jose I'll come anyways. and I should be getting an old Xbox 360 in the next 2 weeks or so. Meaning one more set up guaranteed.
  • Mitsu XMitsu X Joined: Posts: 30
    Hey guys, been out of the scene for the longest time. Plenty happening in my life but popping in to say what's up and seeing if anyone is interested in some fight sticks.

Have two PS3 Super Street Fighter IV TE Fightsticks (Black & White). I'm looking to sell each (separately) for $90 if anyone or a friend of anyone's is interested. Used but in great condition.

I'm aware these babies are selling for a quite a bit on amazon but they're just collecting dust at my place. Boxes are available if you want them.

Interested parties please give me a call or text at 7753359032.
    Hey guys, been out of the scene for the longest time. Plenty happening in my life but popping in to say what's up and seeing if anyone is interested in some fight sticks.

Have two Super Street Fighter IV TE Fightsticks (Black & White). I'm looking to sell each (separately) for $90 if anyone or a friend of anyone's is interested. Used but in great condition.

I'm aware these babies are selling for a quite a bit on amazon but they're just collecting dust at my place. Boxes are available if you want them.

Interested parties please give me a call or text at 7753359032.

Ps3 or xbox?
  • Mitsu XMitsu X Joined: Posts: 30
    Ps3 or xbox?

I knew I forgot something; both are for PS3.

I'm playing my fighting games on the 360.
    Damn Revelation in LA on june 10! my birthday is on the 12 gotta goto that lol.. den the next week probably NCR.. Whos down????? then of course July evo
    Live in northern Nevada? Reno CruU http://www.facebook.com/groups/122190174533481/

prod7gy.tv
    Damn ... that's the gauntlet right there for me. Maybe NCR for business, Revelations for vacation. :D
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    i am down for norcal. not sure about revelations. how many days in LA??
  • CBKCBK Joined: Posts: 399
    Yao that sounds fucking amazing...so how much time would that be in LA. I'd say yeah but whole job thing now.:D
  • BPCBPC Fresh Just for you Joined: Posts: 286
    So, I am getting pretty nasty at marvel. I hope to win the next ranbat here in Utah.
    -BPC- Keeping it real in Reno
    So, I am getting pretty nasty at marvel. I hope to win the next ranbat here in Utah.

aww snap!

At least 4 days gotta eat ramen again lol

prod7gy.tv
    new rules for our local tournament.

you cannot come over if you have PINKEYE or another contagious thing that can be easily spread like strep throat. seriously no joke since it is not fun to have.

another thing is if shuma gorath or jill is not available and you 'need' them. I will still commence tournament match if such characters are not bought since not everyone has an extra 10 bucks a character to buy and the same to new characters that are expected to be DLC.

i cant have delays for next time if more people decide to show up.
    so you better know how to play without DLC first.
    I like the pinkeye rule. Don't like the DLC rule at all.

Are we in any danger of running late? The last tourney was mostly on one setup, started late, and ended way before 10:15. This next tourney will start even earlier.

Furthermore who does not have Jill and Shuma? Who has the money to buy a console and a copy of the game but doesn't have 10 bucks for Jill and Shuma? The fact that the two DLC characters were not one one console was not a monetary issue but a mistake involving PSN data storage which I don't know how it works since I don't own one.

Last but not least, I remember you not playing your match against Igloo on an open TV because you wanted to "hype it up". If you have spare time to do that then I don't see how you can ask me to change to a non-main team because someone doesn't have 10 bucks. At a 7-dollar-to-enter tourney.
    I completely agree with Scamp, don't be retarded jose. Jill and Shuma are going to be unlocked at every major tourney. Marvel Madness Calgary had them unlocked and it was like 3 days after they were released. Scamp the DLC issue was because we brought my friend's PS3 and he had the xbox version (so we didn't have the full save file or DLC). Next time I will just bring my system which is fine.

Also agreed on the pink eye rule.
    Baden Baden Lily...
    Oh, I forgot to mention, I am totally going to Revelations. I will be there for E3 and am staying the weekend.

So perfect that Revelations is held on the same weekend :)

I probably won't be sharing a hotel, as I will be crashing at my bros place, but will probably

see everyone there and we should totally eat some delicious Ramen and Korean BBQ and

Japanese curry. ooooohhhh yeaaaa.
    Baden Baden Lily...
  • Mr iglooMr igloo Registered Userr Joined: Posts: 379
    Curry? Yes please.
    I am literally dying. Slept 15 hours straight, woke up feeling like I was too tired to move.

Going to try to bring work to do if I come to Jose's, I want to compete, even though Sentinel got raped. :(
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • JesusfromrenoJesusfromreno Golf Wang Joined: Posts: 44
    Haha pink eye spread in the last tournament?
    im a hot and bothered astronaut crashing while jacking off to buffering vids of Asher Roth eating apple sauce
    first of all. this is a local tournament, not majors. so stop whining

also im just saying in case more people show up, because i can name alot of people who didnt enter who lives in reno and then time would mean alot more to get things done.

also an example for DLC: what IF frank west was a dlc character? would you spend 10$ to get him? im sure as hell wont (not a character of interest i would ever play). So why should i get him? your argument is weak when i have online to check out information on someone i wouldn't play or i can play against someone online in vs, you dont have to play as the character to understand what they can do. as i like to call this "study" so use your resources :P its not that hard nowadays this aint the 90's

and scamp if you think money is not an issue why dont you buy your own system and monitor since you talk like you can afford it. having a console thats been out for a long time is different from buying dlc's that will probably keep sprouting every few months. however updates/patches are important, and extra characters is not necessary if you can still fight against them online or other places to know what they can do.

to end this discussion just bring your consoles WITH the game and all extra content if you NEED any of it. im was just stating it now in case of more people being over if im hosting, i can definitely say we have about 20+ more players in reno that can possibly enter but that doesnt mean they will.
  • CBKCBK Joined: Posts: 399
    Jose you sound like a real asshat right now dude, I understand they don't interest you. Whoopdy doo dood, if you want to host a tournament for any game make sure every character is unlocked DLC or otherwise. It's just the way it's supposed to be. I honestly can't think of many more people that will sign up other than Koogy, and ....well actually thats it.

take a chill pill dude, ^ makes you sound like I said before an asshat.:D
    Excuse me? A baby? You can kiss my ass.

First of all maybe you should stop bringing up stupid rules and making them official without asking anyone first. I'd like to see anyone who agrees with some of your rules. Is the Captain America infinite still banned?

But really the main problem is your DLC rule affects me and will force me to choose a weaker team just because you're worried about time. Even though we've never gone over time ever. Even though it's actually really easy to accommodate all the (one) Shuma players in Reno.

It's your tourney so you can say whatever you want about the rules, that's the bottom line. But you calling my argument weak shows to me you're still really green about what a good tournament organizer does.
    read my post. i said stop whining. had to do some quick editing after posting within the minute to make it better since i had to write something before i took off from home.

to martin: there are other players that play fighting games, and i know they play mvc3. if you cared you remember.
    why would i need a chill pill anyways? i wasn't mad, im just stating my opinion. geez

to scamp: gimpyfish made that video and explanation on captain americas infinite. are you really gonna listen to a guy who isn't a top pro at fighting games except for bowser in melee?

if you want i can just say fuck the infinite ban rule on him and let it happen, you will see how gay that loop is this Thursday if i decide to play him. Everyone if your reading this make your vote on what you think on C. Americas infinite that could potentially time out every single match. decide if its expectable or not.
    let me know. post.

also why would i be green about a game that is new or what a organizer does? i host because im trying to support what little scene we have but its difficult when some of you guys dont want to pitch in to help. and true i never been late but i never had relief either when finishing a tournament. it used to be cutting it close when i was hosting street fighter.

again what i stated before about time managing was just in case if more people decide to enter than what we had from last week. now its fine but for how long until things get popping in reno? honestly i think a strict organizer is better than a laidback one. things get more productive.
  • CorimonCorimon Rolling Girl Joined: Posts: 197
    I think it's great that you're trying to keep the community alive, but implementing rules only you think need to be implemented may turn off new players that might be trying to decide whether or not to attend and that's the opposite of what we're trying to do. Even though you don't need or have any desire for DLC, there are those who do and that's not their fault, it's yours for not being able to provide it as the TO. So you shouldn't make a rule that penalizes them because frankly, that just sucks.

As for Captain America's infinite, I say just let it happen next tournament and then have people vote. Even though it looks incredibly easy to pull off, maybe it won't be as big of a problem as you think. And if it is, hey, people will complain and vote and it'll be done with. Again, if you're running this to support the scene, then don't just decide things for yourself. It's great to have community feedback or you're just going to feel the backlash of it.

Just make sure people are bringing set-ups that have everything unlocked. Nag them. People who don't need DLC can play on your PS3, since you're the TO so your set-up is already there, but for people who do need it, just make sure it's accessible to them.

A stricter atmosphere calls for a stricter venue since hosting a tournament at your apartment can only be so professional. What happened to that venue koogy mentioned? I bet that'd be a great place to transition to.
    laf my dik off into ur ear