RENOCREW 2011 (Northern Nevada's Fightin Game Scene)

Comments

• FuturechampFuturechamp Roaming and Trolling Joined: Posts: 285
    A stricter atmosphere calls for a stricter venue since hosting a tournament at your apartment can only be so professional. What happened to that venue koogy mentioned? I bet that'd be a great place to transition to.

I've been thinking about that venue koogy mention, and i would love to transition it to there, but currently with the number of players we have showing up I wouldn't think it would be worth it because of the venue charging you to be there once a month or whatever the deal is. Currently I think someone who can do it at their place and not charge at venue is more appropriated then charging for a small amount of people at a venue we dont need at the moment.

so as more people consistently show up then that is when I would recommend a bigger venue and would like to take advantage of this so called place if it is still available.

regardless there was some details about the atlantis and im not even sure what the manager is doing to make that happen. so we'll see in the future might bring.
  • ScampScamp Making Miracles! Joined: Posts: 1,003
    Look, I just want to say it's really great that you're opening up your house for these tournies and I thank you for that. And, as I said, the bottom line is you can run your tourney however you want. But your social skills need work.

What does Gimpyfish have to do with anything? I'll listen to anyone's opinion if they have a good point.

I'd like to keep our ruleset within the general standards of the community. If we ban something like Cap's infinite and then go somewhere else to play and they don't ban it over there, we'll get wrecked because we won't know how to deal with it. Cap's infinite is not banned anywhere else that I'm aware of so I say keep it. I wasn't aware it could cause a timeout, though. If that's the case, then you should be allowed to do the infinite until the opposing character dies and then you have to stop. That's how dead body infinites were treated in MvC2.

You don't know what green means, do you?

You can't edit your post and expect what was read to go away. You called either myself or Lee a baby and I won't stand for that. It doesn't matter that you edited it quickly. You posted it, I obviously read it, and you could at least apologize instead of treating it like it's my fault for reading it.
    I don't think this will ever change.
  • ShinhideakiShinhideaki Sono Mama Shine Joined: Posts: 138
    I also agree the Cap infinite should stay in. After someone dies, you drop the combo, makes sense.
    If you wanna throw Cap in your team and do the infinite, that is fine.

As far as dlc to come, if you really are shooting for an organized tourney, then do this.
    Ask people who show up every week. Make sure they bring their console.
    Then you take a small portion of the pot to pay for all and any upcoming character
    DLC. Solves the problem doesn't screw over the scene by losing match experience, or any player
    for not being able to choose their main.

Choosing random rules without consulting people isn't fair to the scene. If you really want to facilitate the scene
    then respect the players in it.
    Baden Baden Lily...
  • koogykoogy BROKENTIER.COM Joined: Posts: 3,360
    jose you're a fool, i want pho so i can mortal kombat x-ray move you through the parking garage
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    www.brokentier.com | www.twitter.com/brokentier | www.facebook.com/brokentier
  • psychoballzpsychoballz Joined: Posts: 475
    Koogy that is a shitty power up item.
    I mean take note from popeye, he can carry his around.

You need to be like, wait up, let me go get some Pho.
    Can't carry pho around either.

Loser.
    Baden Baden Lily...
    sorry i didn't read anything in this thread for the past week. did jose really ban the captain america infinite? what the hell kind of world do we live in
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • ExcelReaverExcelReaver Forever a scrub. Joined: Posts: 253
    My opinion:

Captain America infinite ban stays in, until other tournaments start banning it, we don't ban it.

DLC characters : If you want to play a DLC character, bring your console with you for set up and we can just play on that.

And, oh hi thread.
    Excelsior!
  • ffoxxttrottffoxxttrott Joined: Posts: 280
    I don't have a solution for this but dang... don't make the host pay for all the DLC!
  • CBKCBK Joined: Posts: 399
    Okay guys heres the skinny, I got the venue cleared for the Atlantis fight nights two times a week. They will be giving out registered cards to everyone that signs up with them, giving free play to all fight games for a few hours. Not to mention that they will allow us to use the venue for games like mVC3 MK9 if we play it. KOFXIII since they have it there now or will in the next few days.

So two times a week means that they would need ten dollars a week per person.
    you get your own card, and we are/going to be a premier club.

Talked to tony this morning he told me that the plan went through that way and that way alone.

I don't know about you guys but it looks good, then we aren't putting anyone out of their house. Imposing on anyone, and it's a fair trade I think.
    hm, $10 a week? kinda rough compared to the original plan i submitted, but if it is what we need to get the scene rocking, i'm down.
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • sonnywortziksonnywortzik relax Joined: Posts: 362
    $10 for KOFXIII to play for a few hours a week on free play? Sign me up!:rock:
    Yeah, the free play really does make the deal sweet. SSF4:AE for a couple hours free? Nearly pays for itself!
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    Hey Igloo, if you are heading over, feel free to stay at my place overnight if a blizzard is brewing.

I have plenty of space and blankets.

Also:

"I don't have a solution for this but dang... don't make the host pay for all the DLC! "

I suggested taking a small percentage of the tourney pot to pay for DLC for whoever plans on bringing their
    PS3/Xbox if their money is so tight/ they don't want to buy said DLC character.
    Baden Baden Lily...
    This was a flat figure and it's solid, I mean ten dollars for like 8 hours of free play a week? SOunds good to me, plus good amazing venue.
    Not making it today due to closure of Mt. Rose. :(
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
    How much people are actually going?
    Are we canceling because of the weather?
    Baden Baden Lily...
    thats really cool about the atlantis. but 40$ a month? and then tournaments on the side as well? idk if others can be able to afford that or even take a full advantage of 8 hours :[

i know i can so it wouldnt be a problem for me. and i can only go to it on wednesdays

also im not sure if im doing the tournament since its kinda bad outside with the weather (koogy cant make it and not sure about igloo). i'll see once i know how many people are over. otherwise we can just fight with no stakes in the line. haha
    Well if no one goes because the weather, my place is open on saturdays for casuals/ training.

Koogy you need to come!! I need to level up moar.
    Baden Baden Lily...
    well sounds to me your not coming over lee :/

just use your jet and fly over here.
  • TantinTantin [iHeatExtend] Joined: Posts: 1,099
    sorry i didn't read anything in this thread for the past week. did jose really ban the captain america infinite? what the hell kind of world do we live in

This is how Reno works now, apparently. No more "Fucking deal with it" and more "this is too good, better ban it". Apparently happened in Smash too.
    I stand 77 feet tall, I got eight balls
    and all'a'y'all are subject to my sprawl
    I act appalled when in receipt of less than the highest honor
    some day I'll be both revered & passe like madonna
  • marvazmarvaz Joined: Posts: 137
    If any of u r down to play mk9 or ssf4 or anything else for that matter my house is open. As a matter of fact y'all can stay the night if u want. 530 412 2316
  • BPCBPC Fresh Just for you Joined: Posts: 286
    Lol at anyone who thinks the cap infinite is good. Thank you for giving me five bars of meter just to kill one character in a game where touch if death combos are common.
    Ps: the only way you will land that in a match against me is if he is your second character and you Ariel exchange into it and have an otg assist. If that's the case your team is weak anyways. Cap went from garbage tier to good tier, not broken.
    -BPC- Keeping it real in Reno
  • Mr iglooMr igloo Registered Userr Joined: Posts: 379
    Thanks for the offer the other day Lee I appreciate it. I should have posted the other day about not coming up. Also you gotta let that freedom prevail.
  • BPCBPC Fresh Just for you Joined: Posts: 286
    Wish I could play you all :(. I miss reno
    -BPC- Keeping it real in Reno
  • yaoyao Make'em Say UGH Joined: Posts: 383
    Let us know wat specific days for the free play deal im down like twice a month lol...

About Revelation and NCR i'll let u guys know later lol ( I ask my boss but he said its too early and to ask later)
    Live in northern Nevada? Reno CruU http://www.facebook.com/groups/122190174533481/

prod7gy.tv
  • JesusfromrenoJesusfromreno Golf Wang Joined: Posts: 44
    Let us know wat specific days for the free play deal im done like twice a month lol...

About Revelation and NCR i'll let u guys know later lol ( I ask my boss but he said its too early and to ask later)

Where are you working?
    im a hot and bothered astronaut crashing while jacking off to buffering vids of Asher Roth eating apple sauce
    peppermill....
    Live in northern Nevada? Reno CruU http://www.facebook.com/groups/122190174533481/

prod7gy.tv
  • JesusfromrenoJesusfromreno Golf Wang Joined: Posts: 44
    peppermill....

Are they hiring?
    im a hot and bothered astronaut crashing while jacking off to buffering vids of Asher Roth eating apple sauce
    naw i dont think so prolly summer time....

prod7gy.tv
    Okay guys,

I need to know when you all want to start the arcade deal, this week next week? I need to tell them, they are ready and we need to plan on what day to play.
  • ScampScamp Making Miracles! Joined: Posts: 1,003
    I'm down to start it anytime, but which days of the week is it going to be?
    I don't think this will ever change.
    When I say guys.....I don't mean just scamp.....unless that is the voice of the community. So people that plan on actually attending this....when will you all be ready to start this off?
  • sonnywortziksonnywortzik relax Joined: Posts: 362
    I'm available on any friday, saturday, & sunday & I'll be able to bring my bros along as well.
  • woot-elitewoot-elite Joined: Posts: 225
    Okay guys,

I need to know when you all want to start the arcade deal, this week next week? I need to tell them, they are ready and we need to plan on what day to play.

Whenever. I live up the road from the Atlantis, but i've been hella sick so I don't know if I'll come this week.
    Martin, I would get a formal list, of all the people, go back and find all the people who agreed,
    list down dates, then update a post with days and who said when they are willing to go/ free.
    Then we know who hasn't said if they were going, when they planned on going and we can
    get a generic head count. Also it allows people to see who else is going and say, X is going,
    so I will go.

I am up for almost any day as long as it is between 6PM-11PM on weekdays and saturday and
    sunday is pretty free.

Also Koogy...

Only two more months until Rachel Alucard figure is released! Aksys Games on the Internet

I had to buy it. The only way it would be more awesome would be if it had George.
    Baden Baden Lily...
    Okay I'll get a list of people together, and I'll update it but regardless post right now people who haven't said a word.
    I think $40 a month is too much, but if it gets the scene going again, I'm okay with it. Whenever is fine.
    FIGHTING GAMER CLOTHING
  • Mr iglooMr igloo Registered Userr Joined: Posts: 379
    Whenever is fine for me....
  • AxzonewolfAxzonewolf Get blown up son! Joined: Posts: 96
    I'll go with sonny and weekends are fine with me
    17 years old who'll play any fighting game!