SFIV PSN Bad Games Thread!

BeautifulViolenceBeautifulViolence Will turtle you out.Joined: Posts: 391
So, since the SSFIIHDR thread is so entertaining, I thought there should be a SFIV version.

I got my first hate mail and subsequent ragequit today!

I'm really just learning the game, as many of us are, and trying to win with Vega (Claw). It's not easy, but old tactics, like the wall dive and flash kick, seem to work.

Anyway, I beat ICEMAN50, but not by much. He sends me a message: "same old bullshit".

So, I'd rather keep playing than scare the guy away. I choose Gief. Oops. Perfect and another lopsided victory on his Ryu.

A short pause, then he picks Ryu. I try Gief again.
Although the first round was more in his favor, I come back to win it.
The second round was no better for him. Just as my piledriver lands, he disconnects. YAY!

Pretty tame, but let's hear about your experiences.

Comments

• T3R_DictatorT3R_Dictator Emperor Joined: Posts: 258
    That's the reason why I only play Japanese players on quick randoms. I never play any players with language priority set to English. American randoms are terrible, and are full of players like BeautifulViolence encountered.

-T3R
    PSN - T3R_Dictator
    HDR - Dictator, Boxer, Gief, Guile, Honda, Deejay
    TTT2 - Kazuya, Heihachi
    -No Honor Crew-
  • krazykrakakrazykraka Joined: Posts: 167
    BG to ALL the people who play with the game UNINSTALLED!

i also got a ragequit against my Sagat...but i dont remember the name of the guy though
  • zhangzhengzhangzheng Joined: Posts: 39
    wow. the amount of rage quit is unreal

i ended up leaving ranked matches and played invites with some old friends. lame
    nope.
  • Saint ConnorSaint Connor Wake up Mr. Green... Joined: Posts: 1,113
    I had my first rage quit today...I was actually kinda shocked by it because I don't consider myself that great of a player, especially since I'm just now coming on the SF scene with HDR and SF4. But apparently Abel overheads piss people off lol.

Oh, and not really a bad games, but I'm sooooo tired of all the shotos....its much worse that HDR it seems...
  • DRCsyntaxDRCsyntax The Ugly Joined: Posts: 1,032
    Bgs to everyone thus far I've played that used Akuma. Apparently getting raped whilst jumping backwards and throwing air fireballs are a valid tactic?

They're embarrassing Akuma! (Son_God_Allah)
    http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
    Please read this and understand why it is, that you suck.
  • kliqueykliquey Jump Kick Footsweep! Joined: Posts: 358
    bgs to all the ken players that like to jump kick foot sweep shoryuken, ex shoryuken, wake up shoryuken, hurricane kick then shoryuken. wtf so many kens! SHORYUKEN
  • AizenAizen Joined: Posts: 293
    That's the reason why I only play Japanese players on quick randoms. I never play any players with language priority set to English. American randoms are terrible, and are full of players like BeautifulViolence encountered.

-T3R

Yea but how's your connection to Japan in general? Do you typically get three bar connections or is it under three?

I'd love to play the Japanese in this game like I was able to do in ST on ggpo, but the netcode for SF4 is pretty bad and the input delay for under three bar connections is crazy.

Also, keep in mind though that when you search with Japanese language set as a priority, not all the players listed will be actual players in Japan. You can create your own match with your preferred language set to Japanese and if someone searched with Jpn language set as a priority, your name will pop up on the result even if you're not in Japan. You can tell which is actually located in Japan or not by the typical bar connections you get when you search with Japanese language set to priority -- if you typically get 2 to 1 bars, but you see one dude with a 4 bar then you know that one dude is probably someone close to you. Also it's obvious but if their PSN ID is written in Kanji then it's likely they are actually from Japan.

Anyway, I got my first hate mail after playing just seven total games online. Dude wrote: "Nice throws scrub." You know I've never got any hate mails in HD Remix even though I never lose to randoms (plenty of rage quits but no hate mail). It must have been the combos or something. LOL
    There's no feeling quite like drinking out of the skull of your fallen enemy.
  • AndY0neAndY0ne Joined: Posts: 277
    met a guy last night that played Blanka i played Abel, the dude is not doing anything else then his backwheel shit and the eletricity stuff, either im bad with Abel or that dude is a lame ass. could not hit him during his electro stuff, any attack that handle that with abel?
  • T3R_DictatorT3R_Dictator Emperor Joined: Posts: 258
    JooZenji, in general my connection with Japanese players is actually decent, rgbUNKNOWN and Inoxd5 for instance on HDR. I'm aware of pseudo Japanese players as any player can set their language priority to Kanji, but i've been playing people with a blinking signal with no bars to minimize the chance of playing Japanese poseurs lol. The connections are rather decent for me considering no bars lol. Maybe I have a weird connection. I haven't had a single ragequit since i've been doing this method, whereas playing Domestically is nothing but headache type players.

-T3R
    PSN - T3R_Dictator
    HDR - Dictator, Boxer, Gief, Guile, Honda, Deejay
    TTT2 - Kazuya, Heihachi
    -No Honor Crew-
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    met a guy last night that played Blanka i played Abel, the dude is not doing anything else then his backwheel shit and the eletricity stuff, either im bad with Abel or that dude is a lame ass. could not hit him during his electro stuff, any attack that handle that with abel?

if u have enough space low sweep blanka out of that electro stuff. Down fierce punch is a fantastic anti-air against jumping in scrub blankas. Abel is a good defensive char.
  • YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6062771&postcount=320

Played this Fuhrer scrub on IV, guy rage quits and leaves me messages.
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    raiders124 is a dropper
    lol, thanks for the tip with the japanese not doing rage quits as its been for the last day.
  • Veet1Veet1 Joined: Posts: 60
    edited October 2015
    Before the us release i haven't had any disconnectors at all. now that we USA'ers are on the servers, i get them everyday now :/. i guess we care so much bout BP in ranks and such lol.
    Post edited by Veet1 on
    I've experienced two mid-match dc's so far that I know neither player was responsible for. DC's never seemed to happen in HDR except at the beginning of a match. Anyway, some of these may not be intentional.
  • G-BoobieG-Boobie Business Apostate Joined: Posts: 390
    Bad game indeed to MarkYula55. We played a round in a half ranked, but he either dropped or disconnected halfway through round two. He then sent me a PM which read, and I quote:

"u suck lol fuk u"

... Which is interesting, since I beat his ass hard the only round we completed. That dude is now blocked.
  • darkumasdarkumas There's no ESCAPE! Joined: Posts: 387
    im sorry i dont keep track of all the names. but BG's to the folks who have a mic and consitently yap and yell and curse. If i dont respond bro, i prolly dont have a mic. ever thought of that? also all that yelling wont get me to respond either FYI..

also for you shoto players. listen if i dash up and stop and u uppercut and i punish. then i do it again and u fall for it again. then i do it a 3rd time and u fall for it again. please please please dont whine n complain that i just do the same thing over n over again and that all i do is sit and wait for u to uppercut. i mean honestly, learn to play or just re think your strategy before you blame your loss on somone else.

BG's to ppl who lose n dont learn from their loss.
    If we are to become stronger from that which does not kill us, then the limit of one's strength is imeasureable.
  • BeautifulViolenceBeautifulViolence Will turtle you out. Joined: Posts: 391
    If you create a match you can turn off the voice chat by going into voice chat settings, or just hit the select button to mute the sucker!
    also for you shoto players. listen if i dash up and stop and u uppercut and i punish. then i do it again and u fall for it again. then i do it a 3rd time and u fall for it again. please please please dont whine n complain that i just do the same thing over n over again and that all i do is sit and wait for u to uppercut. i mean honestly, learn to play or just re think your strategy before you blame your loss on somone else.

BG's to ppl who lose n dont learn from their loss.

Hahahaha, I love doing that to the shoto's. Or I'll get in real close with cammy, crouching, and just stand up; they immediately shoryuken, it's so funny.

Also, agreed with that thing with the mics; I have my headset on; but I rarely talk; and listen to people; it's quite amusing, some dude tried a fullscreen shungoku and said it was totally bullshit that he missed and ate my Gyro Drive Smasher; sounded like he destroyed the controller just before the match ended and the audio was cut.
  • darkumasdarkumas There's no ESCAPE! Joined: Posts: 387
    im online now lets go go go pew pew..
    If we are to become stronger from that which does not kill us, then the limit of one's strength is imeasureable.
  • Shin_Akuma_Shin_Akuma_ AKA Non-SmokeMaster Joined: Posts: 706
    BG's to PSN network. Thanks to lag I will not be playing SFIV online ever again. I'm strictly offline when it comes to SFIV from now on. Sorry to anyone who wants to play me, but I'm not going to adjust my game play because of a shitty connection or input lag. Hopefully I'll see you all at Evo this year. Peace online SFIV!
    3rd Strike
    Main: Akuma
    Sub: Twelve
    STHD
    Main: E. Honda
    Sub: Everyone else.
    Awesome Avatar by Vegett0!!!
  • SoundatronSoundatron Energon Guzzler Joined: Posts: 518
    bgs to all the ken players that like to jump kick foot sweep shoryuken, ex shoryuken, wake up shoryuken, hurricane kick then shoryuken. wtf so many kens! SHORYUKEN

you think that's bad? I know this is the PSN thread but I saw a guy with his 360 play on-line and every opponent he had used Ken and or Ryu only.

Anyways, I've yet to have any bad lag issues like at all.
    SSFIV - Claw (II), Juri (II)
    3S - Twelve (I), Necro (I/III)
    HD - Claw
    you think that's bad? I know this is the PSN thread but I saw a guy with his 360 play on-line and every opponent he had used Ken and or Ryu only.

Anyways, I've yet to have any bad lag issues like at all.

Sounds about right.
    more rage quitters:

umthrfkr
    ipopurcherry
  • TRUTRU Bodied By Tru XBOX Gamertag Truaj79 Joined: Posts: 1,602
    ps3 , 360...no difference...lag & shotos will always be around...either look up srk peeps
    or find a way to get around shotos...
  • PlayingKarrdePlayingKarrde Entered 77 Joined: Posts: 223
    If I play ranked I get Ken 99% of the time. I can kinda understand, but when I get Ken players also in player matches, and they just stick with Ken, that gets on my nerves. If I'm playing Player I almost never use my main as I am using it as an opportunity to learn other characters. I'd also like to learn how to play AGAINST other characters other than Ken, so BG to anyone who constantly uses Ken in Player matches.
    Ahab says "I don't care who you are, here's to your dream." Here's to you Ahab.
  • BeautifulViolenceBeautifulViolence Will turtle you out. Joined: Posts: 391
    Bad games to "jdigital7" in ranked play.

Zangief vs. Zangief.
    I win the first one, just barely, with a SPD.

The second round went much better for me...I SPD'd him OUT of his ultra!! Insane! He tries his super, but misses. As I'm waking up from a knockdown, I do a super and just as the final hit lands...disconnect. YOU SUCK!
  • Darth SutineDarth Sutine Joined: Posts: 61
    I second the BG to everyone that doesn't have this installed. Takes friggin' FOREVER to start a damn match....
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    BGs to some scrub (I forgot the name) for giving me a match in hell, and not letting me win it.

- Round starts and the game is perfectly fine

- Hits me with 1 combo, then turns on his torrents/downloads and it plays like it was underwater and he runs/teleports and I can't hit him

- I don't let him catch the lead ever again, beasted the shit out of him then he lags my combos intentionally after a while.

- During my last combo that is about to kill, the fool drops and I get a black screen.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • i208khonsui208khonsu I like marshmellows Joined: Posts: 175
    I was having a lot of problems with drop outs on day 1. I think I only had one win on my first night because of it. lol The past two days I've only had one a piece so it hasn't been too bad.

A special BG goes out to this scrubby Fei Long player. I perfected him on the first round, the next four rounds were trash. Half because I was just playing shitty, half because I was trying different fireball traps. He ended up winning and sends me a message saying "that's what happens when you use the same moves".

I reply back and say congrats on winning by using the same moves (he was). He then replys back saying that the only reason he lost the first game was because he was talking on the phone with his friend and the second round because he was mirroring what I was doing (whatever that means).

Whatever makes you happy kid, ggpo

.//edit
    Also third to the BG to all players who don't install.
    I feast upon the tears of fanboys.
    This Is Delicious!
  • hbreakzhbreakz Joined: Posts: 240
    haha this is not really a bad game just a poor sport..
    speedy817. so im sagat. n hes ken im just playing patient and all i hear is he blocks to much. he always does j.hk srk. then i always get him after. after i beat him hes like u block to much lear how to play u play.
    psn: hbreakz
    live: hbreakz
    sfhdr : M. Bison fulltime
    SF IV :Sagat . Chun li. Ryu. ken.
  • krazykrakakrazykraka Joined: Posts: 167
    BG's to kenji_san(i think thats right)

just because you pick Sagat doesnt mean your gonna win
    just because i pick C viper doesnt mean im gonna lose

so take your a lose like a man and finish the match and dont rage quit
    BG to Mamadu for posting a bunch of links to a non-existent photo album!
    BG to Mamadu for posting a bunch of links to a non-existent photo album!

Try this link out and click next to cycle through the screen grabs:
    http://mamadu.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=02222009436_G

funny stuff.
    Try this link out and click next to cycle through the screen grabs:
    http://mamadu.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=02222009436_G

funny stuff.

Thanks. The links in the other thread actually worked...but thanks all the same.

GG Mamadu.
  • wakigatamewakigatame WELCOME TO USA NIGGA Joined: Posts: 160
    Don't play this guy, because if you beat him, you'll get shit like this:
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2796/dsc02285.jpg
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2140/dsc02286.jpg
    "T-Hawk I swear to god if you make a thread begging for a translation I'm gonna slap you across the god damn internet." - Reno
  • GreyMatterGreyMatter Joined: Posts: 9
    Hilarious bad game to Setsuna427.

Cussed at me throughout the match, kicked me as soon as it was over, then thought it wasn't enough so he messaged me: this

Avoid. Or pummel him. Either one works.
    "Gentle always turns away strong." - Master Splinter

SFIV: Chun-Li/Seeking Alt
    BB: scrubby Carl
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    Bad games to tdrxaa and StBonez for being sore losers. I beat them bad on ranked battle and they disconnect before the final blow.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • GhaleonGhaleon Maximum Cammy Joined: Posts: 3,467
    Watch out for a scrub Gief named Stummy BEATS or something dumb. Dropped twice.
    gdlkEnt - Season's Beatings Twitter:
    Season's Beatings Tournament Series - on Facebook
  • Arkayne17Arkayne17 Stop it meg. Joined: Posts: 2,857
    hahaha! Man those hate mails are awesome. I havent gotten any yet.. surprisingly.
    @ArtofArkayne
    Character Designer / Concepter Artist / Illustrator
  • AizenAizen Joined: Posts: 293
    Hilarious bad game to Setsuna427.

Cussed at me throughout the match, kicked me as soon as it was over, then thought it wasn't enough so he messaged me: this

Avoid. Or pummel him. Either one works.

LOL that's the same guy that msg'd me: "Nice throws scrub!"
    There's no feeling quite like drinking out of the skull of your fallen enemy.
    BG's to No1gameman from Australia. dropping games left right and center against my auckland crew. Even in a plain player match apparently lol.

Oh and BG's to everyone who insults via mic, especially when they get beat perfect by my claw **coughvszangiefcough**
  • renvirenvi EX-Elite Joined: Posts: 199
  • retryretry Animus 3.0 Joined: Posts: 473
    Funny Bg (GG?) w/ a guy named distrikt_67 or something like that

Kicked him from my ranked game lobby for having 2 bar connection, later getting the message
    (in ~Vietnamese)
    "may di chiet" --> you go die spelled wrong

I reply:
    "chet me may, learn to spell" --> your mom's gonna die

his reply:
    "di an com" --> go eat rice

me: o_O?
    A ranked room quitter: alphavsomega

This clown picks ken against my ryu and is getting handily served, then disconnects when in the 2nd and going to be final round when he was close to K.O and just knew that i am too crafty to land an ultra on! COWARD

game played on: Feb 23rd at 10:50am (ET)

p.s. I found this guy through same skill ranking which means he has about 2000battle points - wonder how he got his????
    Funny Bg (GG?) w/ a guy named distrikt_67 or something like that

Kicked him from my ranked game lobby for having 2 bar connection, later getting the message
    (in ~Vietnamese)
    "may di chiet" --> you go die spelled wrong

I reply:
    "chet me may, learn to spell" --> your mom's gonna die

his reply:
    "di an com" --> go eat rice

me: o_O?

Laughed till my sides hurt.
    Played some guy by the name of "paragn" and he dropped 4 times in a row. It's annoying, especially since it's the only ranked match in my level that's 3 bars and above.

the other scrub "ipopurcherry" just kicks me out every time I enter the room because he gets demolished.
  • souji5souji5 You got Paid son Joined: Posts: 867
    "And where did the bad man touch you?"

"In the face with a Spinning Lariat Over and Over Mam...... it was horrible!" (sobs...)

"Thank you son you may step down now....."

(If only PSN had a jury booth, rigged I tell ya..)
    www.soujistiks.com - Quality Custom Arcade Sticks and Cases
    *2015 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year*
  • zerojayzerojay Punching Bag? Joined: Posts: 486
    3305473206_434671366c.jpg

Need I say more?