The IDAHO Thread

Comments

• qoqonutsqoqonuts New Member Joined: Posts: 487
    Here's a link to the Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/104231086286193/
  • DappersDappers Joined: Posts: 2
    I play pretty much any game I can get my hands on, but Street Fighter is probably my favorite.
  • eyeDKeyeDK Traüme Joined: Posts: 212
    edited October 2013
    Idaho SF4 Players: Post 9/28/2013 Round Robin

Tier 1
    -Rahim (Pending)

Tier 1.5
    -BG (Vega)
    -Ethan (Fei)
    -Montana Jordan (Honda)

Tier 2
    -Brian (Gen)
    -Ramon (Mak)

The Rest
    -Alexander Impossibly-Obnoxious Durrant (Ryu)
    -Chad (Rog)
    -Churro (Sakura)
    -Cody (Cody)
    -Deadlift Jordan (Rose)
    -Ian (Evil Ryu)
    -Jeremy (Guile)
    -Jewbert (Guile)
    -Rival (Ryu)

Do Not Play Seriously
    -Black Guy Darren (Cody, Rose)
    -Dragoomba (Ken, Rufus)
    -Korean Chris (Cody)
    -Mr Tibbs (Chun)
    -Toodles (Rufus)
    -Wikipedia (Mak)

Missing In Action
    -BMovieMonsters (Rufus, Ken)
    -Bryan (Ken)
    -Kris (Blanka, Cody, Rog)
    -Matt (Sagat)
    -Regfox (Viper)
    -Zach (Cammy, Rog)
    Post edited by eyeDK on
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
  • Rival2.1Rival2.1 GDLK.co|BDA|Rival Joined: Posts: 508
    Thank you for fixing that, Ian. I will be working on getting more matches in and figuring out what im doing wrong. If you guys dont mind playing on a less than perfect connection, add me on XBL: MashDPx420Blaze

Yes, thats my real XBL tag. No, i dont smoke weed at all.
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,921
    BWiki is a Mak player now? At least that is all I have seen him play.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,836
    edited October 2013
    Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

Well, supposedly there is a tournament in Nampa on Saturday the 26th, but you have to go on facebook to get any other details about it.

EDIT:
    Via Ramón on Facebook:

Reminder: "Golden Night Fights" event will be on the 26th (Saturday) of this month. Again at the Golden Vapor (Brian's store) with a few changes in the way it will go down.
    -SF4 Round Robin Best 2 out of 3.
    -$5 Entry 70/30 split
    -Character Lock
    -1 Stream Station + 3-4 Additional Set ups (Xbox360)
    -7PM show up - We'll start once everyone gets there which could be later at 8-9PM
    Show up and hang out, it is Brian birthday that weekend, so lets hang out with Old Man Gen.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Oh great game last Sunday night Chad

Tony%20Romo%20is%20sooooo%20happy.jpg

So Romo throws for over 500 yards, 4 TDs, and a pick, and he is ridiculed by Cowboys nation because they lost. The next week he throws for less than 200 yards, a TD, and a pick, and he is God's gift to Dallas because they won? I don't get it.

You know what, for all his faults this year, I support my quarterblack through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Skins will rebound and win the division again this year. And I'll still be saying that when we're 1-7. Eat a dick.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Updated Rules. Its Round Robin unless more than 10 people show up. If more than 10, double elim. No character lock.

Jewbert is not allowed to come.
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    eyeDK wrote: »

lol
    Rival2.1 wrote: »
    Jewbert is not allowed to come.

lol

Looking forward to it. How many matches will the round robin be? Best two of three? I suspect I'm gonna get my ass kicked. :)
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
    I believe if we get enough setups we can still do round robin even if we get over 10 people. Also, from what I am hearing it is best 2 out of 3.
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
    I'll bring my PS3 for exhibition and side-gaming, but I don't think the more vocal among us will be ok with the round robin or tournament matches being played on it.
    Update: No one gives a shit what Rival says get ready to get bodied by Matt

Update #2: Chad your team is a joke and the Cowboy nation was stoked for Romo even after the Denver loss. ESPN does not equal Cowboy nation we actually like Romo he is far better than average.

r00ster22 wrote: »

Update #2: Chad your team is a joke and the Cowboy nation was stoked for Romo even after the Denver loss. ESPN does not equal Cowboy nation we actually like Romo he is far better than average.

HAHAHA! That's really funny man. Oh boy, next you'll be telling me you think Jerry Jones is a great owner! Good shit, man- keep it coming! LOL!
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • ChurroChurro Joined: Posts: 540
    I liek tuhtlez.
    Then you'll love Honda.
    edited October 2013
    U mad bro?

No jerry jones is a bad owner and human being.

edited October 2013
    Idaho SF4 Players: Post 10/27/2013 Round Robin

Tier 1
    -Rahim (Pending)

Tier 1.5
    -BG (Vega)
    -Ethan (Fei)
    -Montana Jordan (Honda)

Tier 2
    -Brian (Gen)
    -Ramon (Oni)

Best Of The Rest
    -Churro (Sakura)
    -Ian (Evil Ryu)

The Rest
    -BMovieMonsters (T Hawk, Rufus)
    -Chad (Rog)
    -Cody (Cody)
    -Deadlift Jordan (Rose)
    -Jeremy (Guile)
    -Korean Chris (Hakan)
    -Matt (Sagat)
    -Mr Tibbs (Chun)
    -Rival (Ryu)

Do Not Play Seriously
    -Dragoomba (Ken, Rufus)
    -Toodles (Rufus)

Missing In Action
    -Black Guy Darren (Cody, Rose, Dudley)
    -Bryan (Ken)
    -Jewbert (Guile)
    -Kris (Blanka, Cody, Rog)
    -Regfox (Viper)
    -Zach (Cammy, Rog)
    -Wikipedia (Vega)
    Post edited by eyeDK on
    Here are the results from the Golden Night Fights 2.

Supreme Champion: Rahim
    Worthy Adversary: M. Jordan
    Maybe Next Time: BG

http://challonge.com/GoldenNF

Videos are being uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/BigDamageArcade
    If you guys wanna fill this out, go for it. you can put your tags for your respective system, phone number if you care, and what games you play. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, i can probably add them soon. Its not technically a file, though i will upload a link with the results if you wanna use them soon. Ill probably make it a file at the end of the week and update that file whenever theres a new submission

To Submit your player profile: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nD09Sowpj0HS5jN2OOnbr7vK-5moom4n08yYO6ceKBc/edit

To see results of other player profiles: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atavod_1WrQKdGZYSzFjYnQzZEFWX2RvT015S0xXVkE#gid=0
    Golden Night was a blast, guys! Thanks especially to Brian for hosting, Rival for his unflagging enthusiasm, and Shin Ramon for carrying Team Shin.

When is the next one gonna be? I'm out to win at least 1/3 of my matches. Mark it.
    edited November 2013
    Via Shin Ramòn on Facebook:

Ladies and Mentlegents. Its that time again for me to announce the date of Golden Night Fights 3. Nov. 23 Saturday. No UFC, and a week before thanksgiving so hopefully everyone is still in town. If Brian is down also. Here is a bit of what to look forward to. (which are subject to change)
    -Round Robin
    -5 set ups (2 recording stations/possible stream)
    -Xbox free60
    -$5 dollar entry fee
    -70/30 prize payout
    -Exhibition/money matches
    Hope everyone can make it with such an advance notice. So plan on being there if you can.
    *Bonus: Jordan Bash Chadouken has issued the challenge. Are you ready? Heres the footage.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Tight.

Really am bringing the anime setup this time.
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    edited November 2013
    I may not be able to make it to the next round robin- I have some guests coming from out of town. I'll keep everyone posted here on the forum...
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    There have been some replays uploaded on the BDA youtube page from the last Tatercade gathering. Quality is not the best, will work on that next time. More will be uploaded tonight. Make sure you subscribe so you get a notice as soon as its up.
    Nice! I get to see all my dropped combos again!
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Just got the Japanese special edition of Chronophantasma. Who wants to anime?

20131016171530!BlazBlue_Chronophantasma_%28Character_Select_Screen,_Tokyo_Game_Show_2013%29.png

mr. tibbs wrote: »
    Just got the Japanese special edition of Chronophantasma. Who wants to anime?

20131016171530!BlazBlue_Chronophantasma_%28Character_Select_Screen,_Tokyo_Game_Show_2013%29.png

How did you get the japanese copy? Also i just picked up skullgirls and me and toodles been playing it often on PC. Is the new version of that game much different?
    edited January 2014
    Dunno about Skullgirls (wasn't there an update?), but the new BB has some pretty significant changes. I got it for Christmas; Santa killed it this year. Tell Rahim cuz I don't have his number.
    Dunno about Skullgirls (wasn't there an update?), but the new BB has some pretty significant changes. I got it for Christmas; Santa killed it this year. Tell Rahim cuz I don't have his number.

I don't have his number either. So whats so new about this version? JUst more characters? couple of tweaks here and there with balancing?
    Ramon wrote: »

I don't have his number either. So whats so new about this version? JUst more characters? couple of tweaks here and there with balancing?

More characters, pretty heavy tweaks to the existing characters (including move set changes--e.g. the Lambda/Nu character has a DP now!), balancing, and new mechanics. Most importantly:

BBCP_Kokonoe_22A_2.png

Is there any manly characters in that game? That aren't dudes wearing sissy jeans or skinny like a girl?
    Casuals at Cody's tonight.
  • TomodachiTomodachi Joined: Posts: 5
    No Killer Instinct love in Idaho yet? Shiiiiiiiiiit, oh well. I'm more of a 3rd Strike player, but I'll play SSFIV. I'm total garbage at it, probably because I choose to play Able. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to see when the next ranbats/casuals/whatever is going on. I might go to EVO and if I do, I don't want to be completely shite.
    Tomodachi wrote: »
    No Killer Instinct love in Idaho yet? Shiiiiiiiiiit, oh well. I'm more of a 3rd Strike player, but I'll play SSFIV. I'm total garbage at it, probably because I choose to play Able. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread to see when the next ranbats/casuals/whatever is going on. I might go to EVO and if I do, I don't want to be completely shite.

Hey man. Unfortunately, most of the Boise/Idaho folks plan and post shit on Facebook now for some reason. I guess they can't figure out that you can have notifications sent to their smartphones by starring this thread and allowing email notifications, but whatever. I'm still on SRK frequently and usually post updates here about gatherings. I think Cody might be hosting casuals next Saturday, but it depends on his work schedule. I'll keep it updated here.

It's mostly been Street Fighter lately, which is what I play. Do you play online as well? We run some endless lobbies on PSN sometimes too. I'm DahcDerron on PS3.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • TomodachiTomodachi Joined: Posts: 5
    Yeah man, totally. I'll add you, it'll be from Nathanelvin
    Word. I'm kinda scrubby but improving. Some guys in town are really good though and everyone is fun to battle, and we're all about people getting better. I'll look for you next time I'm online. I main Rog and could definitely use the practice against Abel.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • TheDuctTapeNinjaTheDuctTapeNinja Potbelly of the Coon Joined: Posts: 116
    More PSN monsters? Feel free to add me too: TheDuctTapeNinja. I'm fairly new to SSFIV myself but feel free to play me anytime I'm online, I may even be able to pull off an Ibuki vortex or two. If you do use the facebook find us at the Tatercade page and I'm sure someone will add you to the main facebook group.
    The main group is Big Damage Boise on FB, the guy who hosts often, Cody, will post events on the Tatercade page.
    Are there two Facebook pages? I thought it was just BDB. That shit is too confusing, and not everyone (AKA Tibbs) has Facebook anyway. Facebook can juggle my balls!

#BringBoiseBack2SRK
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Cody is hosting casuals on Saturday, Jan. 18th.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    We're having a birthday bash at my place that night. Maybe I'll stop by early, but... yeah. Yeah.
    Battles tonight at Cody's, 7PM.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802
    vidya game
  • Sousuke21Sousuke21 Joined: Posts: 21
    How's it going, I'm relatively new to Idaho, moved from California to nampa this past year. I enjoy fighting games alot, my skills are nothing to write home about but I am very interested in a competitive scene to mold my skills into something worthy of tournament play.
    edited April 2014
    Sousuke21 wrote: »
    How's it going, I'm relatively new to Idaho, moved from California to nampa this past year. I enjoy fighting games alot, my skills are nothing to write home about but I am very interested in a competitive scene to mold my skills into something worthy of tournament play.

Look up Big Damage Boise on shitty Facebook. No one really plans anything on this thread anymore because they'd rather support a corporate giant.

Edit: Welcome to Idaho! :)
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    Thanks a lot , I headed over and and put in to join group, I own a ps3 and 4 my psn is sosuke2021 of anyone would like to add me, I could use the practice since I've only been playing casually for a while.
    Thanks a lot , I headed over and and put in to join group, I own a ps3 and 4 my psn is sosuke2021 of anyone would like to add me, I could use the practice since I've only been playing casually for a while.

I'm DahcDerron on PS3, and I only really play Street Fighter (and DONKEY KONG!!). I'll add you next time I'm online. Every once in a while we get a decent lobby going, but hasn't happened in a bit. Casuals will usually be posted on fucking facebook, but I try to keep it updated here too.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Thanks I headed over and and put in to join group, I own a ps3 and 4 my psn is sosuke2021 of anyone would like to add me, I could use the practice since I've only been playing casually for a while.

I'm DahcDerron on PS3, and I only really play Street Fighter (and DONKEY KONG!!). I'll add you next time I'm online. Every once in a while we get a decent lobby going, but hasn't happened in a bit. Casuals will usually be posted on fucking facebook, but I try to keep it updated here too.

Cool, I started on sfiv and have fun with it still.I play alot of different fighting games though and am not sure which to focus on haha.