The IDAHO Thread

Comments

• B-Boy509B-Boy509 I love my fighting games! Joined: Posts: 72
    Thats cool to hear that everyone enjoyed the matches. It's always hard playing against people you usually dont get to face off against. I'm still working on that myself. Haha.
  • qoqonutsqoqonuts New Member Joined: Posts: 487
    A little late, but thanks for making it over to Walla Walla. It was cool meeting you guys and I'm looking forward to next time. Good games :)
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,943
    Always said everyone slept on Felicia and Trish.

Well they thought Trish was bad because they only saw me playing her lol. DIVEKICK!!!!!
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    Always said everyone slept on Felicia and Trish.

I]Obligatory sleeping on catgirl joke[/I
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,778
    Im suprised that's the preposition you used, mr. tibbs.

PS shirts are done, picking up today.
  • Rival2.1Rival2.1 GDLK.co|BDA|Rival Joined: Posts: 509
    A little late, but thanks for making it over to Walla Walla. It was cool meeting you guys and I'm looking forward to next time. Good games :)
    Ggs, thanks for being a gentleman. Also, good luck against Omgitzandre at evo, distract his ass!

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
  • vcdevcde Joined: Posts: 397
    I'll be posting brackets i find people in:

Goatrix: http://shoryuken.com/evo2012/brackets/mvc3_h15.html
  • Golden NecklaceGolden Necklace Joined: Posts: 207
    Hey guys i'll be hosting this weekend sat. I'll be grillin burgers and all that. Everybody welcome here
    Goatrix needs to get in dat Vega practice for Chris King. Also I will be gone this weekend and all next week.

• GoatrixGoatrix NSFW Joined: Posts: 824
    Dragoomba's in the same pool as FC Jago.
    This will always be a world of dictators.
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS11!!!11!1!
  • ChurroChurro Joined: Posts: 540
    Hmmm.... couldn't find my pool for KOF, I'm gonna have to check up on that.
    I want my shirt :P
    anybody down for matches today? will travel or people are welcome here no matter
  • BashhBashh Really bad. Joined: Posts: 1,075
    anybody down for matches today? will travel or people are welcome here no matter
    Man, I would, but the gas money is killer right now.
    Shut up and DEADLIFT.
  • Nadroj SleekNadroj Sleek Joined: Posts: 62
    Welp, I had to compromise with my roommates, but as of right now I have 20 mbps CenturyLink internet, which will hopefully blow Clearwire out of the water and let me get some decent online sets in. I have a few people's gamertags, but PM me them again so I can make sure.
    I am sure we could probably assemble at matts for games i don't think he would care

I am sure we could probably assemble at matts for games i don't think he would care
    If that's happening, hit me up. I'm going to the gym. (and I'm too lazy to move my contacts over to text you)
    Shut up and DEADLIFT.
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 802
    WTF? They just switched fLoE out for someone else in the first round of my SCV pool... o_O
    Welp, I had to compromise with my roommates, but as of right now I have 20 mbps CenturyLink internet, which will hopefully blow Clearwire out of the water and let me get some decent online sets in. I have a few people's gamertags, but PM me them again so I can make sure.
    Nice man!

So some matches at matts? holler and let me know and i come thru there!
  • acllaimacllaim <3 Black Tea Joined: Posts: 987
    If Matt isn't open today, come to my place, Brian. I have donuts. :)
    Fight like a gentleman... Live like a gentleman!
    They said they were going to be updating the brackets as time went on.
    I'm hoping that's the case for me in KOF, I filled up the switch a game form and sent it in.

I gotta stay home tonight, otherwise I'd really like to join you guys.
    All of this new TAC tech is pretty cool. Call it cheap or easy, but now we can look at TACs differently. Rather than just steal meter (left and right) or get 1 bar for free (down [this being a safer option considering we hate losing meter] ) It will probably become "give me your meter (left and right) or let me do this infinite (down)" lol

I think it's kinda cool, but Im still waiting on the Dante one to get nailed down.
    As for it being that clear a cut thing between TAC directions, I dont think it is. Trish has examples for all three directions. I think the Mags one is down because of altitude; with a little stair stepping down, as long as it includes a special (if the Neogaf rumor is correct), I think he'll be able to do it off of any of the three directions. Im suprised Dormammu hasnt shown one yet, he's GOT to have one with all of his air options.
    If these result in the game regressing into an MvC2 clone, then I'll be completely done w/ Marvel. MvC2 wasn't my style and felt the degeneracy made the game extremely boring, akin to watching 5 Bobs in Tekken 6 finals last year.
    I did not know Trish could do it in any direction, I thought it was just down exchanges that made the infinites possible. I saw the dante one, that was cool. I don't know if it would really be like mvc2. Every character in this game is viable, even though zero may cry seems like the new MSS (getting lightning loops down right before second buster!!!) but it seems you could learn a TAC infinite for your fave character if dante can do it without flying.

Sent from my SkyDance using Tapatalk
    The TAC direction doesn't matter, they've just been using the down ones because it keeps them lower to the ground so there's less work needed to get into the proper position.
    And characters dont really matter, but some may be impossible. It looks like the core is holding up (not a diagonal) before you touch the floor so that you never have a grounded neutral state, so you dont leave your HSD-free super jump state when you were TACed in. They seem to say that you also have to hit the opponent with a special when you're TACed in before landing, but I doubt that'll be a real part when its fleshed out.
    1. TAC in
    2.{ combo to a special that hits} may not be a real thing
    3. continue to hit the combo on the way down to the ground so there's a fairly solid hit right before you land so you have time to jump back up.
    4. Up and continue combo, preferably with some sort of forwardish movement so you dont get pushed outta the corner, ending with a juicy hit like in 3.
    5. Goto 4.

If it works the way I think, it means it may not be possible for virgil (lack of ways outside of devil trigger to get them to the ground). It also makes having more than 1 character way more important, inadvertantly nerfing lvl 3 Xfactor; it will be more beneficial to not let a character die if your team uses it.

And I'd bet than Tronne's ends up being the easiest in the game, if the 'up after air drill' works.
    And I'd bet than Tronne's ends up being the easiest in the game, if the 'up after air drill' works.

Looking into it :D
    Well, the 'combo into special that hits' has been downgraded to a maybe 'do a special before landing, including flight', but I think it'll be taken out of the steps entirely.
    Hmmm I will wait until dorms is found I think this will make the game stale imo I hate TAC's so random.

• vcdevcde Joined: Posts: 397
    From the looks of it you have to land while doing an Air normal and jump before the animation finishes, sorta like Alpha 3 infinites.
    Maybe this isn't such a great thing. Another new one, but they will get boring to watch.
    And here's magneto doing it from the side, looks cool

it seems you could learn a TAC infinite for your fave character if dante can do it without flying.

I'm betting Strange can do it. Hell, I'm betting every character I play cept' Dorm can do it.
    Maybe this isn't such a great thing. Another new one, but they will get boring to watch.

At first I was super opposed to it and part of me is still, but for now I'll treat it like the DHC trick from vanilla. Does it ultimately need to get patched? Yeah probably.
    ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3: "WE SWEAR WE'RE NOT MvC2" 2
    Shut up and DEADLIFT.
    I'm betting Strange can do it. Hell, I'm betting every character I play cept' Dorm can do it.
    I fully expect the character with flight, airdash, and super easy to link after air specials to have one in no time flat.
  • RoagerRoager Joined: Posts: 65
    Yeah, Dorm's got it. It's all about hitfreeze confusing the engine, right? TAC's stop hitstun scaling, and landing then jumping before the hitfreeze ends is what makes it act like the TAC never ended.
    Btw, Goatrix; I found my SF4 disc so I don't need your's anymore.

I also found my SFxT disc! Guess what's paying for my live subscription! :D
    Shut up and DEADLIFT.
    Hmmm.
    Step 1: Get muscle memory down so the infinite loop is locked with all remaining two or three characters.
    Step 2: Start infinite
    Step 3: Scope opponent's stick. If they're mashing S during infinite, reset. If not, side exchange to steal meter. Goto 2.