The IDAHO Thread

1146147148149150152»

Comments

• RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    What is your name on Facebook? And I'm sure there are people in Nampa that wouldn't mind getting a few games in.
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    ^I can think of one. If he has time.

In other news: Selling my stick. It's the same one you've all seen before: MadCatz VS, pink ball top, dual-modded. (The original ball top is at Chad's; I can get it no problem.) It's got a new JLF that hasn't had that sticking problem that my old one did.

Asking $200, but I'll entertain offers. ($200 stick + $80 dual mod for parts and labor = $280 stick, new.) Ramon, care to FB this for the rest of the crowd?
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
    I went ahead and posted your request Shin Tibbs. So far no bites.
    Ramon wrote: »
    I went ahead and posted your request Shin Tibbs. So far no bites.

Mind posting a new price? $170. Not a bad deal for that stick.

edited April 2014
    Ok $150. Insane deal for this stick.
  • Sousuke21Sousuke21 Joined: Posts: 21
    My name on facebook is Jose Ramos haha and my stick just broke so I need to repair it asap before I can play any games.
    Sousuke21 wrote: »
    My name on facebook is Jose Ramos haha and my stick just broke so I need to repair it asap before I can play any games.

Just come out to a session of these days, everyone has an extra stick you can use if yours isn't working. And its a good chance to just meet everyone else. It's a very casual atmosphere.

I just fixed it actually, but its not dual missed just ps3 support atm, when is the next session?
    I just fixed it actually, but its not dual missed just ps3 support atm, when is the next session?

I thinkCody and a few others are out to northwest Majors, so I am guessing maybe next weekend will be a session. Get in touch with me one of these days, maybe I can arrange something to get a few games going.

I thinkCody and a few others are out to northwest Majors, so I am guessing maybe next weekend will be a session. Get in touch with me one of these days, maybe I can arrange something to get a few games going.

Definitely man, I'm not the best at street fighter but I love the franchise all the same. Do you guys usually play on 360 or ps3?
    Xbox 360 usually. Some play on PS3. But for the most part when we have our gatherings at Cody's place. They play on the 360. I personally play on the PC.
    Ok ill have to dual mod my stick eventually then haha, I am happy to find players out here. I'm tired of playing online with a crappy connection, makes my bad execution even worse lol.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,694
    edited May 2014
    Hey if you guys want to get down on some local SF matches on Sunday afternoon I can have a couple people over. I play on PS3 but I have two sticks for my setup and an extra monitor if you want to bring another console.

My cel is 575.640.4005. I live near the Boise Depot.
    This SRK nonsense will never stop.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Hey if you guys want to get down on some local SF matches on Sunday afternoon I can have a couple people over. I play on PS3 but I have two sticks for my setup and an extra monitor if you want to bring another console.

My cel is 575.640.4005. I live near the Boise Depot.
    Ya man ill see what's going on, would I be able to bring a friend? I don't have a vehicle atm and it would he my only way out there haha
  • TheDuctTapeNinjaTheDuctTapeNinja Potbelly of the Coon Joined: Posts: 116
    Alright, this post is mainly for Tibbs since he went to Salt Fest last time, but if anyone else feels like chiming in that isn't on the Social Medias yet, now's your time.
    Note: I will be driving, I am Oriental, the stereotype is real.

Gonna repost this from the Facebook:
    I just did some quick number crunching and gas alone is going to be about $120 on the low end, probably closer to $160 giving that I'll probably get lost, and a quick look into hotels found me a $50 room per night that's 20 minutes from the venue. I would like to get there Friday to give me some rest before the tournament and spend the night Saturday, sorry my ironman driving/tournament playing skillz are sub-par so about two days minimum, I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel.
    Short version: roughly $220-$240 trip for only gas and lodging, unless someone has a sick free floor hookup for us.
    Sorry Chris, just saw your post. I'm probably not going to Salt Fest, so good luck drumming up support.

In other news: I think you guys should all know that I've decided I'm going to try maining Chun Li in Ultra.
    mr. tibbs wrote: »
    Sorry Chris, just saw your post. I'm probably not going to Salt Fest, so good luck drumming up support.

In other news: I think you guys should all know that I've decided I'm going to try maining Chun Li in Ultra.

You play Chun Li?! Since when?
    You play Chun Li?! Since when?

Not yet. Picking her up when Ultra comes out. I read on the Internet that she's really strong and has a lot of good health. Plus now her EX fireball causes a hitdown and that's her best move and hazanshu.
    Random EX fireball is Chun's best move.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • FrancisTorqueMorganFrancisTorqueMorgan Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey there Idahoans. I'm new to Boise and fairly new to fighting games, so I'm looking to find some people to play with and get involved in the community. Seems like most of the planning and organizing goes on through Facebook, but I'm not on Facebook so I figured my next best bet would be asking here. Any place or time people get together in Boise? Anything I should know about the scene here? Thanks in advance to anybody who responds.
    edited June 2014
    Hey there Idahoans. I'm new to Boise and fairly new to fighting games, so I'm looking to find some people to play with and get involved in the community. Seems like most of the planning and organizing goes on through Facebook, but I'm not on Facebook so I figured my next best bet would be asking here. Any place or time people get together in Boise? Anything I should know about the scene here? Thanks in advance to anybody who responds.

Hello and welcome to Boise! Folks usually meet at Cody's place a couple times a month or so, mostly on Saturdays. I try to keep this thread from completely flat-lining by posting when things happen in town, though I've kinda slacked off lately since everyone is on Facebook crack these days. I'll let you know here when the next shin dig happens.

Not a lot to mention about the scene here except that it's mostly Street Fighter and some Marvel. Also, watch out for @Ramon - he knows how to do magic.

Oh yeah, my PSN is DahcDerron. Feel free to add me if you have PS3, but I am waiting for the physical copy of Ultra and have been mostly cracking out on Mario Kart. I haven't been fighting too many streets of late.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    Yeah a heads up on the next meetup would be great, thanks man.

And my PSN is PlatinumGene, if anybody wants to add me
  • ChurroChurro Joined: Posts: 540
    I'll add you whenever I'm on, I'll be playing on PSN until disc comes out for Ultra.
    My PSN is ChurroEmiliano.

The switch to Facebook is permanent, there's no turning back, as much as I hated it at first, it's a great tool. All posts are divided to easily keep track of what's going on, unlike this thread where if I have to go back through many posts and hopefully find what I'm looking for. You'll hear discussions, tournament results, possible trips to tournaments, among other things, Goatrix aka Cody is wanting to host a monthly/bi-monthly ranbat, so the FB group will keep you noticed.
    So then for those not on the social media, next meet up this Saturday at Cody's aka Tatercade.
    For the new guy, if you need an address here you go: 4141 Nez Pierce St APT 212, Boise, Idaho

I'll go ahead and add you as well
    PSN: TheDuctTapeNinja
    That's awesome, thanks for letting me know.

Is there a specific time I should be trying to be there or do people just show up whenever? Basically just wondering if I should head down there when I get off work at 2:30 or if that's too early.
    edited July 2014
    Most of the time people usually start showing up around 7:00 pm

EDIT: New time, whenever, come by whenever.
    Post edited by TheDuctTapeNinja on
    Im in california so i will be missing this meetup, any plans for evo?
    Yes, me and two others will be driving down Wednesday morning
    Well I will be heading back to Idaho this sunday, was just curious of you guys were having a meetup for EVO in Boise area haha.
    Oh, well I'll be sure to let you know if they do.
    Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it.
    I preordered usfiv on pc since I missed the exclusive for the digital edition. So Ramon, if you wanna play some matches and possibly teach me some magic to get better my steam is same as username here.
  • apocaalypseapocaalypse Joined: Posts: 1
    Yo. I live in Boise and had no idea there was a small community here. I've been playing ultrasf4 and mahvel lately. Also picked up injustice. I'd love some people to play games with!
    Yo. I live in Boise and had no idea there was a small community here. I've been playing ultrasf4 and mahvel lately. Also picked up injustice. I'd love some people to play games with!

Hey dude. Yeah, there's actually a nice little scene here in Boise with some good peeps. Check out the Big Damage Boise page on Facebook- that's what everyone uses these days to organize. SRK has become somewhat of an ancillary tool for the Boise scene.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
    I still can't make posts on the facebook page lol.
  • Rival2.1Rival2.1 GDLK.co|BDA|Rival Joined: Posts: 508
    This thread is kind of dead but if theres anyone out there interested in joining a street fighter group in boise, Theres a facebook page named "Big Damage Boise" where we have 100 plus members. If you dont have an email, you can text 2084129861 for more info (my number), hopefully with USF4 being on the PS4 now and SF5 being announced, there will be an influx of new people wanting to join a competitive scene
  • UnstableHamsterUnstableHamster Joined: Posts: 2
    Sorry I'm not near Boise or else I would, I'm in Pocatello and was wondering if there is any meetups in Pocatello or Idaho Falls area. I would really like to play some local Marvel and GG before EVO.
  • ChurroChurro Joined: Posts: 540
    You're going to EVO? We are taking 2 carpools to EVO if you want to meet up. possibly play. Unfortunately Dragoomba won't be going this year, but you'll get plenty of Marvel and GG from the people going.
    I made it out of pools last year for Marvel, so there's that going for ya. lol My number is 2 four 9 eight 3 six 7, I trust you know the area code :pensive:
    Shoot me a PM with your number, or do the same, so I can get in contact with you as well. Look forward to meeting!
  • UnstableHamsterUnstableHamster Joined: Posts: 2
    Alright so I should of been more active here. Since SFV dropped I'll be more active on these forum. I've been trying to get something going in Pocatello recently, its been easier due to grabbing a stable job.

Every Thursday night 6pm to 10pm I run a fight night at a place called First Person Games. It's located at 320 W Center St, Pocatello, ID 83204.

As of now theres a few fighting game players and quite a few smash players, but I would really like to even the odds and get more people playing SFV, BB, GG, MK, Etc. Most of us are down for whatever, but we are all excited for street fighter 5.
    Alright so I should of been more active here. Since SFV dropped I'll be more active on these forum. I've been trying to get something going in Pocatello recently, its been easier due to grabbing a stable job.

Every Thursday night 6pm to 10pm I run a fight night at a place called First Person Games. It's located at 320 W Center St, Pocatello, ID 83204.

As of now theres a few fighting game players and quite a few smash players, but I would really like to even the odds and get more people playing SFV, BB, GG, MK, Etc. Most of us are down for whatever, but we are all excited for street fighter 5.

Hey man, if you can get more local activity here on the forum, good on you. Everyone from Boise area has moved on to Facebook, unfortunately. Here's a link to the page:
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/104231086286193?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&actorid=100002699093441
    Introduce yourself there and maybe we can plan to get some games in with you guys.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited April 2016
    I... I had no idea... I thought I was one of the few FGC dudes here in Idaho...
    *Sobs in gratitude*
    Also, I'm here in Nampa too so that's cool.

I... I had no idea... I thought I was one of the few FGC dudes here in Idaho...
    *Sobs in gratitude*
    Also, I'm here in Nampa too so that's cool.

There are a few folks in Nampa, and here in Boise as well. Check out the Facebook link I posted above. I think I'm the only one who gets notifications for this thread anymore, and one of the few local guys who is still active on SRK since everyone moved to Facebook. @r00ster22 is local and still active here, but he's also way more active in the local scene than I am, too. Get in touch with those guys if you want to get some games in.
    -jimmy1200, unbanned
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,909
    edited April 2016
    oh ya send a request to join Idaho Fighting Game Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/104231086286193/?ref=bookmarks

Not sure if that link does it, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Also what is your name so I know to add you right away? I am only on SRK to show Chad how bad he is in fantasy football and to tell him how horrible the Redskins are.

Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Max_The_ScrublordMax_The_Scrublord Joined: Posts: 204
    edited April 2016
    Thanks you guys, I've bookmarked this thread so I'll always know where to come back to.
    EDIT: Alright I just joined Facebook, so now we can chat there.
    Post edited by Max_The_Scrublord on