The IDAHO Thread

Comments

• eyeDKeyeDK Traüme Joined: Posts: 212
    Sunday is looking pretty nice right now. Maybe we can bust out a PS3 too so more people can play on the TE sticks?

Not too sure if I will make it tonight, I'll see how I feel after the NBA draft.

I play Gief a little in SF4, nothing special but I wouldn't mind playing him more if people need the practice.
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
    LottaMercy and Ivar for the win for bringing Idaho peeps together and hosting.
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,778
    My phone's all sorts of messed up. If someone would PM me Ivar's location for tonight, if that's still going on, I'd appreciate it.
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,909
    I am good for Thursday now once again i get off work on sunday at around 5pm so i will be able to head over after that. Incoming Yodels... and maybe a little loss of fight money.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • acllaimacllaim <3 Black Tea Joined: Posts: 987
    You should mos def find a ride out here on sunday cause I looooove Boxer vs. Dictator match ups. Toodles you comin out too?

You like ambiguous cross-ups and the elimination of all of your EX dash punches outside of combos?

Masochist much? :devil:

Someone should come pick me up, btw. :wgrin: It'll only be 5 hours worth of driving, and I'll buy food and gas.
    Fight like a gentleman... Live like a gentleman!
    When should I try to make it to ivar's?
  • LottaMercyLottaMercy Big Damage Diablo Joined: Posts: 318
    i will ask around and try to get you down here acllaim. I hope we can work something out. keep trying on your end.

i texted you directions early and just sent some too toodles. did i read right you will be at evo?
    My Deeds of Valor Will Be Remembered...... right?
    we gettin together at 10, you on aim toodles?
    Update: I'm in.

Can I get the details (Address, Time, Phone #, etc) PM'd to me?
  • bowflexmikebowflexmike smoking evergreens finest... Joined: Posts: 332
    are you coming tonight or sunday?? lmao and that match up isn't that bad if the boxer is patient enough or if i get the edge in the beginning of the match (: weeeeezy
    Born a felon who loves watermelon..
    Sunday, of course.

I find it to be 5.5-4.5 in Bison's favor. It'd be better, but Bison has no solid ultra options in the matchup, while Balrog can hit one if Bison misses a link or messes up a block string, easily putting him back in the game. Bison, however, has an incredibly good mixup game vs. Balrog; Balrog is very susceptible to cross-ups, and Bison has one of the best. Jab Psycho Crushers can take care of any EX Dash punches, nullifying that aspect of the game, and non-EX Dashes create an interesting mindgame where neutral-jump roundhouse and crouching short/forward can take care of all dash punches together, but neither can take them all. Prepare for a lot of down/back action and empty Devil Reverses and jab Headbutts.

Are there any good Cammys, Guiles, or Kens? I need work with Cammy and Ken, and some touch up work with Guile on some flash kick setups.
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 675
    When I am lazy, I play Cammy and a random rush guile. I have my moments when I actualy do decent.
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    yeah his guile is pretty scary at times..but i used to main ken and so does eyeDK so you'll get some good match ups, but i played a lot of bisons and it's not that bad of a match up. i don't spam dash punches, you'll have to wait and see my mann..you might get me at first BUT i'll adapt to your playstyle and make it cake work. siiiike
    yeah his guile is pretty scary at times..but i used to main ken and so does eyeDK so you'll get some good match ups, but i played a lot of bisons and it's not that bad of a match up. i don't spam dash punches, you'll have to wait and see my mann..you might get me at first BUT i'll adapt to your playstyle and make it cake work. siiiike

I think putting a Los Betos burrito on the line in a first to 7 seems justified. :wonder:
    superb idea there Acllaim
    I'm hungry now. We need to take a burrito trip this Sunday.
  • vcdevcde Joined: Posts: 397
    So whats the time line for this event being as i get off work at 8:30, which ends up being 9:30 but yeah
    No idea, some people dont get off work until 5-6 pM. so I'm sure it will be after that.

But its sunday all day type of thing to hang out I would assume, depends on what lottamercy decides to do.
    I still need directions to Matt's house, and an idea of what if any munchies to bring. And knowing when would be good too :)
    danggg i'm gettin ancy...still haven't touched the sticks since ivars house lol, someones gonna get worked...i'm showing no mercy >:o)
    My Balrog says your Balrog can't hang Mike *rips shirt off.* My Vega however is still staring at himself in a mirror.

lollerskate..you're a horrible man for thinking such things. that vega better find his way lost somewhere
  • jickajicka Joined: Posts: 464
    hey how close are you guys to salt lake we have been having bi weekly ranbats getting around 35 people to come it would be cool if you guys could make a trip down
    Salt Lake is around 5-6 hour drive for those of us in Boise. Sounds like the next time I go to salt lake to visit my brother, I need to hit up one of these ranbats or even just go for the casuals.

I'll probably be heading down to salt lake sometime soon now that I think about it.
    Salt lake is most likely a no go for myself a little too far to drive.

Hopefully people will start showing about 1. I am at 3467 S ZION PL so google that shit for a map. The latest I want to start the main event is like 6, let me know if thats no good but I want to have plenty of time to do it right and unfortunately it looks like I gotta send everyone on their way by like 11(not definite though I will kick you out as late as possible ;) ).

Prizes:
    Random Tourney:
    1st $20
    Main Event:
    1st $60
    2nd $20

Food/Drinks:
    Hamburgers, bratties, booze and water. Feel free to bring whatever you like.

vce i still need your #.

SLC I will see you guys in a couple months ;)
    I got pulled over at 2:30 in the morning, 20 feet away from my house.

Why? Failing to yield at an intersection :wtf:
    ouch. And what happened? Ticket? or you got off easy?
    I got the "where 'ya headed at this hour?" talk, he questioned about my stick sitting on the passenger seat, and then let me drive the 20 fucking feet to my house.
    he probably saw you, saw your license, "hmm...rahim.....huh.....whats that uh....box with buttons? a bomb? baby grenades? huh? you a terrorist or something? huh Osama?

Did he follow you all the way to your house and wait until you get out of your car, walked up to the door and walked in?
    Lol baby grenades... anyway I'm trying to pick up C. Viper... this may not last long.

baby grenades?

I love you man. starting results thread
    July 12th is the last day for Evo registration, so you newly decided road trippers need to get on it and sign up NOW
  • jickajicka Joined: Posts: 464
    Salt Lake is around 5-6 hour drive for those of us in Boise. Sounds like the next time I go to salt lake to visit my brother, I need to hit up one of these ranbats or even just go for the casuals.

I'll probably be heading down to salt lake sometime soon now that I think about it.

cool man hit us up there is a big utah thread in the pacific north section we have casuals usually 2-3 times per week with 10-15 people are last ranbat is the weekend before evo we should have over 40 people there
    Sooo are we heading to utah?? Lol
    Awesome. I'm directly on the way. Make the plans and pick me up .

I've played about 40 hours since Sunday, btw. :bgrin:
    acllaim, Matt wants to know if you will be able to get access to a car for EVO. He's looking at canceling his plane ticket and riding down with the rest of us.

Working on your Seth game?

Also, sticky rice is top tier.
    I have the urge to go to an arcade, any one know what fighting games our 3 arcades are carrying? lol. I know Meridian Lanes has svc CHAOS!!
    Meridian lanes > Denjin anyway i didn't know we had any arcades with street fighter.

officially canceled plane ticket today so i am at the mercy of the caravan. We gonna make something happen for sure. Lets get a solid leave/return date together. What works for those of you going?
    oh i wasn't looking for specifically street fighter
    EVO plans seem to be falling apart right now. Acllaim is not able to get a car and has to work on the 17th. Ramon is not able to get the time off and I don't know what's going on with bowflexmike.
    lf you want to play arcade SF in Boise, hit up Gameworld. You can find a 2nd Impact machine. Also, they have MvC2 and T5.
    Gameworld is too expensive imo but its our only real option i guess. Guess its back to Ski Ball.

there is pojos(lol) and Wahooz(boondocks)
    Last time I was at either, the only fighters were Tekken 4 (Pojos) and MK4 (boondocks)
    yeah, I haven't been to either in like 5 years
    The Tekken 4 Machine is fucked up at Pojo's, and there's a KOF XI Machine at Chuckie Cheese's with sanwa sticks + Octogates and Bat tops.

I like how yesterday I played SF from 10 AM to 9 PM and then decided to hop on messenger to talk to Ramon and Ian... and now I'm checking out I probably should have hopped on here a tad bit sooner. -_-