The IDAHO Thread

acllaimacllaim <3 Black TeaJoined: Posts: 987
Looking for more players in Idaho. I know we have communities in Boise and Burley, but I was curious that maybe the SFIV surge brought in some new SRK members from Idaho.
Fight like a gentleman... Live like a gentleman!
·

Comments

• PizzakillerPizzakiller Troll Scrubguy Joined: Posts: 27
    And I thought I had it bad. Good luck, bro. SEEK THEM OUT!
    He just KNOWS!
    ·
  • vcdevcde Joined: Posts: 397
    I'm from idaho
    ·
  • Slayer213KILSlayer213KIL Archetype Joined: Posts: 90
    Theres a fighting game community in Boise?!
    damn.
    I lived there for a couple months in the end of 06, and I never found a 3rd Strike machine to save my life!
    Besides console, where is this community hiding in Boise?
    "The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."
    "No man... we need to bring builds that create the corpses, not utilize them." - Pazzuzu
    ·
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Not much of a arcade scene in Boise, at least not one i have found. I do enjoy to play SF4 online though hit me up sometime.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • ThrowryukenThrowryuken you can be my BROryuken Joined: Posts: 314
    hey we've got a pretty solid community going down in utah, i know its a trek but maybe we can plan some big events coming up. i was always wondering why i never saw anything for idaho on these boards, but they have utah posting in pacifc west. keep the search up and let us know if anything comes up
    treasurer: team utah
    Follow @throwryuken
    ·
  • HadoukenMDHadoukenMD Dokta Joined: Posts: 2,782
    Yeah,

Idaho. . .you guys are pretty much Northern Utah. Check at the Pacific: North thread. We have a decent Utah thread and active community going.

had
    ·
  • Beikoku TaichouBeikoku Taichou Call me BT Joined: Posts: 251
    Are you all willing to make drives to Missoula, MT? I'm gonna start something there in August/September. I like the sound of "Inland Northwest Ranbats".
    Ask me about Montana Street Fighter
    ·
  • RamonRamon Robot sent back in time to stop Crossups. Joined: Posts: 661
    I am in Boise, as well as Toodles, and another good player named EyeDK.
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    ·
  • eyeDKeyeDK Traüme Joined: Posts: 212
    I'm down for playing people in the area and a little out of the area. A 3 hour drive is about as far as I would drive on a monthly basis for comp but I could drive up to 5 hours for a big event if someone would be willing to off a floor to crash on.
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
    ·
  • ThrowryukenThrowryuken you can be my BROryuken Joined: Posts: 314
    Hey guys I'm gonna be in boise from utah this weekend if anyone wants to get some game on. Next saturday is huge event in slc if anyone wants to travel. Atleast 30+ GOOD players.
    treasurer: team utah
    Follow @throwryuken
    ·
  • LottaMercyLottaMercy Big Damage Diablo Joined: Posts: 318
    Boise people get with me

I am in Boise and have had some tourneys at my house. Looking to get the community together for a big one before evo. xbl is LottaMercy and email is mattsempsrott@gmail.com if you interested
    My Deeds of Valor Will Be Remembered...... right?
    ·
  • MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,240
    I think it's tight that there's even that many of you out in the boonies like that. How'd all you guys find this thread, do all you idaho-ites just lurk the forums until a topic like this comes along? I'm not trying to hate, I think it's cool.. just curious.
    ·
    Good way to find competition hopefully. I know that there are good players here I just gotta find em
    ·
    we are all hiding
    ·
  • Anti-FreakAnti-Freak Gentlemen Corpse Joined: Posts: 605
    You should do what I did bro. Go to the search and type in your town. It will find some of the people who list their real loc. It's good to see others making a local scene. Best of luck acllaim!!!
    "Head on to Heartache, steadfast to an early grave(let them rot)"
    鉄拳 since 95'
    - 少林門 -
    ·
    Yeah....I actually wait until a random topic pops up then I make a post.

I do post in other areas where the GG threads are at, and arcade stick modding pages. Every now and then I do check the northwest forums to see if theres anything going on.
    ·
    Players in Boise? I didn't think it would happen for a bit. What games and characters are you guys playing? Lately I only play SF4 and I use Vega, Ken and about 6 other characters. Also, I play on a stick on the PS3
    I walk across the dreaming sands under the pale moon: through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone and times beyond recall.
    ·
    I have been focusing on sagat for a few months now. Dabble in ryu and blanka. Looking forward to learning one of the new guys, prob rufus. I play on a beautiful aiab stick (highly recomend, worth insane long wait). You don't play on xbox at all eyedk?
    ·
    Nah they play on PS3 so they can dodge me :encore: What is up Mercy we had some good games going on live. I am currently trying to learn how to take my Pad game to Stick atm and hopefully expand my game. On pad i will play Vega on stick i am currently playing Balrog (sellout i know). I can really play just about any character thought expect gen and c.viper.

Edit: Mechanica I wouldn't call Boise the Boonies lol. For arcades maybe, but then thats a lot of places.

·
    I am so stoked from the great responses and the excitement from you guys. Practice up and get ready for Sunday, June 21st at my place. Hopefully everyone can make it down. Request it off from work and mark it in your calendar cause it's goin down. We will eat, drink and game all day and I will try to put some prizes together for whatever tourneys we run. Street Fighter 4 will be the focus but we will also try to play whatever everybody wants to. Open to suggestions.

Come to compete but most of all come to have a good time with some good people.
    ·
    Sorry mercy that is Fathers day i wont be able to make it most likely working and if not playing golf with my dad i am sure. I am really down for the idea though we need to get all of us Boise/Idaho players in the same area.

·
    I play vega, Chun, Bison. Not in that order but yeah, 360 on a hrap ex.
    ·
    I did not realize the gathering was on Fathers Day. Not sure if I can make it now but if I show it will most likely be later in the day.

Does anyone else find it odd that we have so many Vega players here?

If anyone would like to get some games in before the gathering hit me up. I have a couple sticks for the PS3. Later in the night works best.
    ·
    Yes, there is a lot of vega players.

I'll play against any one, whenever. but it just takes me a while to finally get out there and play. I'm a casual player but at least I am good. So if you want decent competition, I'm always down for a few matches. And I play on my Virtua Fighter: High Grade stick. PS3.
    ·
    Woops!

In light of the revelation that the 21st is father's day lets go ahead and push it to the 28th. To recap: All of Boise will hopefully come together on Sun, June 28th for a tournament and introductions. I will let you know more details as they come but i want to make sure the 28th is a good date first so let me know.
    ·
  • YabukiStyleYabukiStyle SITH the DARK LORD Joined: Posts: 499
    Dayum Ian and Ramon. You guys be getting some new blood. Hope to be doing the same here. Hopefully we can show that the Northwest scene ain't just Western Washington and Oregon!
    Play Third Strike. It's a good game. - ROM
    ·
    It would be nice to see the other parts of the Northwest level up Mike. My only concern is how hungry this new blood is. Takes a long time to go from scrub to competent tournament player, time will tell.
    ·
    All it takes is some patience and being able to take criticism. We'll see how things roll out in the next few months. Hopefully it isn't a let down. Can't become the best player out there over night. So we'll see how a night of gaming works out, and from that point on, if they aren't all that great, there will be lot of practice, practice, and more practice. Depending on how Ian says, "hungry this new blood is".
    ·
    Work and friends kills my practice :tdown: lol. My Rog and Vega seem to be coming around on the stick though. I wouldn't say new blood been playing street fighter since 94' new to SRK though for sure.

·
    Everything looks good for the 28th, so let me know asap if you guys can't make it and i will make other arrangements. I am gonna pm my phone number to a few of you so you can text me if you wanna practice up before the 28th. My schedule is never set in stone so if you guys got time I can probably make some time.

I hope you all are not disappointed by may lack of skill. My only goal is to get everyone together and have a good time while getting better. I would like to see a nice community blossom in Boise.
    ·
    When I use statements like new blood I am not referring to players new to SF but new to high level SF.

The 28th looks good on my end.

Personally I'm not too interested in people's level of skill but their commitment to getting better. I have my hopes set to the idea of a scene/community growing in Boise as well. Last time I remember Boise having somewhat of a scene was during the MvC2 days at Gameworld.
    ·
    Ya i don't play tourneys that is for sure not many in Idaho lol. I work the 28th 10-4pm so after that i can head over and I am good.

·
    116 matches later..... I surrender for the evening. You win Ian. ;)
    ·
    You guys played without me :(

·
    this Sunday night (21st) we will be at my buddy Ivar's house doing all kinds of stuff including street fighter so you all are welcome to come. just text me or call me if you interested.

oh and you got next jeff ;) sorry
    ·
    I won't be able to make the 21st since I'll be at work.

Also, those videos you posted up aren't working properly it seems, or it could be my side thats acting up. the sound comes in smooth, but video is really really slow and choppy and doesn't sync up.
    ·
    It's cool to have a working computer to use again.

Gaming at your place was chill Mat. Sagat double roundhouse, ultra combos hurt. Looking forward to throwing down again.

Random SF4 scene starting to come together in Boise is too good.

Fear I U G...
    ·
  • bowflexmikebowflexmike smoking evergreens finest... Joined: Posts: 332
    this can't be all we got for idaho..lol can't wait for the tourney on sunday, hopefully cash payout for 1st and 2nd? (:<
    Born a felon who loves watermelon..
    ·
  • MackinzieMackinzie Team Scrub Joined: Posts: 1,524
    Dayum Ian and Ramon. You guys be getting some new blood. Hope to be doing the same here. Hopefully we can show that the Northwest scene ain't just Western Washington and Oregon!

don't think i forget about you mike!
    Me to Amir - Mirror Mirror on the wall who the fuck is this infidall!
    ·
    There will be cash pay outs for sure (with no entry fee) and a couple of announcements that will hopefully get everyone hyped up....
    ·
    mmm is ivars gf gonna cook steaks again?? greatly appreciated if she did (: hahahahaha
    ·
  • acllaimacllaim <3 Black Tea Joined: Posts: 987
    I'm doing my best to see if I can make it up to Boise this Sunday. I can't seem to find a ride. (Rupert)

The tournament wouldn't be the same without EX Stomp/Scissor Kick shenanigans.
    Fight like a gentleman... Live like a gentleman!
    ·
    nothing like a bison to join the fun.
    ·
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,777
    You should mos def find a ride out here on sunday cause I looooove Boxer vs. Dictator match ups. Toodles you comin out too?
    ·
    we should get some strippers for live entertainment
    ·
    Toodles you comin out too?
    No one's told me WHERE yet :) I'm supposed to see about playing tonight as well, but I need someone to give me directions, address, something.
    ·
    word..just PM'd you mang, who do you main?
    ·
    I'll be bringing the fatboy :)
    Do we have anyone decent with Gief? That matchup is pretty much an instant lose for me and I need to get better at it.
    ·
    I'm not sure if it's Ramon or Eyedeekay or whatever that plays him a little, but we have a variety of characters so it's pretty well rounded
    ·