Hong Kong SF4 players Report hereeee.

EphemeralEphemeral 見神殺神,遇佛殺佛Joined: Posts: 270
Name: Ern
Area: Kwai Chung
Mains: Boxer, Bison
Arcades frequently visited: Kwai Fong, MK Gamezone.

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    m3m3m3m3m
    Chara: Ken, gonna start using C.Viper
    Frequent arcade visited: the one in Mongkok
    PS3 - GinTonicColonic
    Don't know of any good arcades, tell me where!
    Mains: Cammy, Ryu
  • EphemeralEphemeral 見神殺神,遇佛殺佛 Joined: Posts: 270
    mk gamezone friday night. ill be there this week. i'll probably be wearing red + i have a pair of studs.

theres one in kwai fong too. ive already met some srk'ers. itd be nice to meet/discuss n shit
    What time this Friday night?
    Actually I 'll be there this afternoon or later afternoon. I'll be the tall one there.
  • VRViperIIVRViperII SRK Lurker Joined: Posts: 142
    I'm the one with huge shoulder pads and I main dictator in MK.
    im too sleepy. ugh

you dont have huge shoulder pads LOL

i'll come again next time. tall girl? really?
    im too sleepy. ugh

you dont have huge shoulder pads LOL

i'll come again next time. tall girl? really?

I did wear them today, but you didn't come. I also rocked huge steel toe boots and I grinned a lot.

But if every friday night in MK is like what I just experienced...don't expect to see me there any time soon because those guys are in a totally different level. I honestly don't mind losing, but it sucks when $100 wouldn't have lasted me for an hour if I kept playing, haha. I stopped tossing money when I lost against two C Vipers without winning any rounds

Your blanka friend came and lost A LOT (not hating, just saying the people there were THAT good).

Your chun li friend came and lost a lot also.

I think I saw your so-called "crazy gief player" who was chubby with glasses. He probably had a 25% win ratio.

So you can only imagine how disabled I made dictator look...

SFIV is serious stuff on Friday Nights :cybot:
    Yes I are the tall girl.
    And I didn't go Friday night either b/c I knew the dudes would be too tough. And I'm just a n00b right now. :(((((((((((((((
    I need a job so I can get a PS3 then I can practice, but u know.... it's like hard to find one.
    yeh lol. now u know what im talking about. THOSE ARE THE REAL TALK OF MONG KOK LOL.
    ill go fri. i rested enough
  • CounterhitCounterhit Joined: Posts: 1,351
    Can some one trade a US PSN card for one from Hong Kong?
    I got raped by another bison today and I enjoyed every moment of it.
    seek help

i also feel my rog's gettin there. bison too. i'd believe im best hk rog by far at this point. a lil more matchup exp to gooo
    hi all hk sf4 players!

i finally got around to sign up a srk account.

i live in the tsun wan area and i would drop by the arcade at kwai fong from time to time.

i mainly play at home on my 360 (gamertag: makemydate). and just today i bought a joystick finally (china made one, want a base so later on i can just swap in sanwa parts into it, hopefully).

i mainly use balrog because i played with pad before (hovering around 1600 BP online), now that i have joystick, i will try to learn every other characters.

nice meeting you all!
    seek help

i also feel my rog's gettin there. bison too. i'd believe im best hk rog by far at this point. a lil more matchup exp to gooo

Now why didn't you scream that in mk last friday night?

and I'm the best bison in hong hum.
    Help u hk ppl

hey guyz...

im back in hong kong...and i actually wanted to make it a goal to get good at sf4 before i head back to vancouver.
    tell me how to get to an arcade with sf4...hopefully one near north point.
    if its near an mtr...that be perfect if u just tell me what exit and all...

i am pretty bad at sf4...but i am a sf3 third strike player...so...my learning curve isnt bad.

so...if anyone is down to help me out here....

email me some info @ leeleegid@hotmail.com

thanks guyz...hopefully can play some soon...i dont really understand why no arcades ie been to have it...

namco in causeway is gone...
    and
    none of the TST arcades have it....
  • scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    hey giddy, go Sun G Sing in MK, friday nights have all the best players there.
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
    Seeing as how nobody in Taiwan plays anything newer than KoF 2k2, lemme drop my GT in here for some XBox matches at 4 bars: UNdesTROY.

Why can't our arcades love Capcom, too?
  • hythyt Joined: Posts: 112
    random Q, does HK have the cabinets that support the IC cards or are they all running on existing Astro City cabinets?
  • IBeatWomenIBeatWomen fuckBitchesGetMoney Joined: Posts: 146
    the arcade in mongkok got HD cabs, but you can't use card. there're some good players there, but i don't think they're on tokyo level... there's a girl playing there who's good at chun-li lol.
    Hey. Is the level of play really that good at the MK arcade? I'm pretty bad at SF4, but I love the game.. I've tried playing on XBL, but for whatever reason most of the games are too laggy to play :sad:

Is Friday night the best time to go for more casual games? :sweat: I like to play Cammy and Dhalsim, but I'm not very good :wgrin:

Please hit me up on XBL :D GamerTag: Saldejums
    Hey. Is the level of play really that good at the MK arcade? I'm pretty bad at SF4, but I love the game.. I've tried playing on XBL, but for whatever reason most of the games are too laggy to play :sad:

Is Friday night the best time to go for more casual games? :sweat: I like to play Cammy and Dhalsim, but I'm not very good :wgrin:

Please hit me up on XBL :D GamerTag: Saldejums

No, friday nights are probably the most competitive nights in MK. Try going on weekend afternoons for casual plays.

btw there're no console characters in the arcade.
  • HyugaHyuga The Asian Rock Joined: Posts: 212
    Hey guys, I'm gonna be interning in HK for about 3 months. Could someone kindly list out the arcades there, what they have, and the best times to go? (It's all about sf4!)

I'd love to meet up with you guys and play casuals, share strats, etc.
  • IBeatWomenIBeatWomen fuckBitchesGetMoney Joined: Posts: 146
    just go to the one at mongkok station. jailbait galore.
  • HyugaHyuga The Asian Rock Joined: Posts: 212
    I found Mong Kok gamerzone. Play me guys! I need competition!!!

(what's the best time/day for maximum comp?)

Edit: Nevermind, there's plenty of comp...
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 753
    Hey guys,

Could someone help me find the closest arcade and how to get there? I'm living in the mid-levels (18 Park Road) in HK. I've got some time to burn these days and was wondering where to go arcade wise. =)

I've heard about the arcade in Mong Kok - that's in Kowloon, right? Anyone have an address?
    Check out my work!

MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

tbh when i was there last year there where arcades on nearly every side street. the best ones I found are in Diamond Hill, Hollywood Plaza. On the top floor at the back there are a around 50 machines there with everything you could wish for and very cheap.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=22.340391,114.201819&spn=0.007899,0.014859&z=17

its directly on your right when you get off the tube.
    sup guys, I'll be in the MK Gamezone tomorrow (saturday) in the afternoon at around 3pm. PM me if you're free to meetup.
  • Mister KMister K Joined: Posts: 293
    So quite literally everyone at gamezone is a giant scrub @sf4...SRK help me out, any of yall hit that place up on weekdays? Or have legit players migrated to another place = /

...Yeah people eventually all started not playing arcade mode on the other 3 machinies = / had to beat game repeadivly

Edit: Things a little better yesterday, went about even with an asian guy in a suave suit who played balrog for a few hours (any of you?)
    Dhalsim
    XBL: fieldgreen
    Today consisted of me getting kicked off the machine for max win streaks, and almost being beat up by a scary dude with tatoo's. Hk SRK'ers come back ;-; need competition/ backup in a fight.
    Going again today around 5-6...
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    ANy pc players here for sf4?
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
  • Bubba83309Bubba83309 Joined: Posts: 13
    I have just moved back to Hong Kong and am trying to get into the Sf scene here. I am planning on checking out Wan Chai Game Zone in the next couple days. Unfortunately I have more time during the day rather than night, and of course, the crowds and high level play are all at night. If anyone would like to join me for some friendlies, PM me. I am not a very good player, and it would be my first time playing on a cabinet, so if you come expecting a good fight, you would be in for a big disappointment, but if you would like to show me the ropes, please do let me know. Easiest way to contact me would probably be through MSN or AIM, PM me your sn or email and I will be in touch.
  • radicaradica Heroes World Citizen Joined: Posts: 61
    Hey, I'm a CBC from Lovegety on vacation staying in Hong Kong for the next three weeks. I heard that the competition is in MK but I can't find the Gamezone. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with that? I'm decent I guess I was in Japan last week and I was able to beat most people in the Bs and single digit A but lost hard to double AA and triple AAA (stupid pro el feurte infinity combo stunning me). Also, how can you guys play on the right it feels so weird! I have trouble keeping a charge on my Rog and letting go of Ultra combos.
    We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not Forgive.
    We do not Forget.
    Currently I'm at Diamond Hill since I live in Kowloon Tong and the competition seems pretty boring for an afternoon.
    We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not Forgive.
    We do not Forget.
    I think regardless of which arcade you go to, competition would only be good on weekdays, from 6- 10, after office hours.
    give me a shout out if you want 51601002 English please i'm a cbc after all
    We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not Forgive.
    We do not Forget.
    The MK GameZone is in ???, which is right outside Mong Kok Station exit D.
  • mOOpOOmOOpOO MrDictatohead Joined: Posts: 62
    i've been trying to start for ages. i think i'm gonna crack and get a ps3 with joystick soon... anyone know a cheap place with hori sticks??? But i'm thinking... is it more worth it to get a new laptap and the PC version or a ps3 set? Are there hori sticks for the PC?

if anyone would like to practice w/ me on the hong kong side, PM me, only work half days and saturdays... other than that, i'll prolly be checking out MK gamezone tomorrow around 7 or 8 to watch =)
    Special/Super/Ultra names need to go back to being either blatantly obvious or yelled aloud.
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    might be moving back to HK in december or so. want to get in some games with y'all when i get there
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    @moopoo

It probably isn't the greatest idea to run SFIV on a laptop, just a thought.

If pricing is an issue, the 360 is cheaper, no? (And winning the console war! lol, no flame.) Also, 188 at Wan Chai should be a good place to start if you are shopping for sticks.
    well, i'm due for a new computer and i travel a lot, so i was thinking a highend gaming laptop would be able to run SF4... i looked at the specs and it seems that a nice laptop can meet the recommended requirements... so why not?

i was wondering though, can the PC version play against players with the XBL version? it would make total sense.
    Special/Super/Ultra names need to go back to being either blatantly obvious or yelled aloud.
    It does make sense, but it can't. XBL and PC doesn't mix. Also, I would try to test the benchmark out on this high end laptop of yours. I bought the newest VAIO 9 months ago, and I thought it would at least be able to run SFIV, but it can't. Yea it's 9 months, but really? Can't run it at all? I thought at least, it should run, maybe at crap quality but at least run the game, but no. So unless you are talking about Alienware, I would be very cautious about your choices.

Edit: forget what I said about the lap top, I think if you get one of the 17" Multimedia laptops, things might work out a little bit better =).
    yah i'm eyeing a 17 inch... Deciding now... I wonder if the ati hd 4650 is better than the nvidea 130m...

Went to mk gameone today too... Didnt see anyone crazy... Most people were as bad as me lol
    oh wow didnt know so many people posted.

i randomly drift here and there, but if you see a dude using balrog with 2 studs and some hiphop stuff, holla at me in english

i could be in hung hom next week, and sometimes im at the arcade near langham or even gamezone in MK. mostly i go to kwai fong gamezone.

send me an email at snu.represent@gmail.com with contact info if you wanna hit me up.
    hi all hk sf4 players!

i finally got around to sign up a srk account.

i live in the tsun wan area and i would drop by the arcade at kwai fong from time to time.

i mainly play at home on my 360 (gamertag: makemydate). and just today i bought a joystick finally (china made one, want a base so later on i can just swap in sanwa parts into it, hopefully).

i mainly use balrog because i played with pad before (hovering around 1600 BP online), now that i have joystick, i will try to learn every other characters.

nice meeting you all!

and i think i played you
    Hey all - Gouki player here.. looking to get some good games going online (don't get time to drop by arcades because of work/family/etc. :sad:). All I usually get are 1 and 2-bar connections from US players, so hope I can add some of you as friends on PS3 and play some less laggy games!

So far I've found:
    Ephemeral - snu_represent
    plexxx - GinTonicColonic
    Hyuga - YulBYeung
    Mister K - DuncAlunk

Anybody else on PS3 and wanna rumble? I usually play pretty late at night btw.

My tag: Viranium
  • kane_warheadkane_warhead Blanka forever Joined: Posts: 1,532
    ^^ if you have a pc I want to rumble with you
    Sunod-Ako.com - Your Total Resource to Philippine Fighting Gaming
    my cousin took my ps3 so i wont be on =/