Hong Kong SF4 players Report hereeee.

Comments

• AhgamaAhgama Sunglasses Explosion Joined: Posts: 576
    oof... I don't really know any especially good places, just the usual Wanchai 188 and that upstairs place in Mong Kok near SmartGame... can't remember the name atm -.- Mostly just new sticks though... I think there's 1 store in Wanchai 188 that has a crap load of retro controllers so MAYBE that's a possibility...
    You must defeat Shen Long to stand a cha- /backbreaker
    Hong Kong Arcade Location Guide
    XBL: Ahgama Mk7
  • kingrexkingrex Joined: Posts: 15
    What's up HK community, just touched down a few weeks ago and have been playing a few rounds at mk gamezone and cwb gamemax, but not to much competitions.. Who's been gathering where nowadays??
  • Generic OperatorGeneric Operator Joined: Posts: 194
    Hello, I know this is about SF but I was wondering is there a marvel community in HK? Or is HK just arcades filled with SF games?

Thank you.
  • BBQPorkBBQPork Joined: Posts: 1
    hey guys i'll be in hong kong until mid-august and am looking to get some good practice in

where do SRKers usually meet in HK? it would be nice to run some games
    What's up HK community, just touched down a few weeks ago and have been playing a few rounds at mk gamezone and cwb gamemax, but not to much competitions.. Who's been gathering where nowadays??

Hey there, actually things seem pretty slow ever since SFxT came out. I guess everyone took a Street Fighter break then lost a bit of interest. I've noticed the arcades are frequently empty or have weak players though you'll probably still find ok competition during Fri-Sat evenings at American Pool in Hung Hom or SmartGame in MK.
    hey guys i'll be in hong kong until mid-august and am looking to get some good practice in

where do SRKers usually meet in HK? it would be nice to run some games

Well there's only like 3 of us that regularly meet up and we used to just go to Gamemax in cwb but it's been completely free there lately if not just empty. Things slowed down like crazy after SFxT released.
    Hello, I know this is about SF but I was wondering is there a marvel community in HK? Or is HK just arcades filled with SF games?

Thank you.

I've seen like 2 arcades with MvC2 and 1 with CvS2 but guaranteed to have zero competent players on those machines. Maybe there's some secret Marvel community I don't know about, maybe hkfighter's forum has a marvel section but since I can't really read Chinese I dunno. HK arcades are typically KoF and Tekken heavy with SF4 next and a little bit of Third Strike here and there. Tragically there's like no ST machines :/
  • LAU-HKLAU-HK Joined: Posts: 1,030
    Hey guys,

been playing SC5 still but slowly playing SF4 again lately back at Central... the place is still as crowded as usual during lunch time and right after work time... worth visiting

-LAU
  • HicHucHicHuc Joined: Posts: 4
    How many cabinets are at smartgame? I've only been to gamezone at MK. Is smartgame on Soy Street?
    Anyone here play at Gamezone @ MK? I drop by there almost everyday...using Blanka/Boxer.
  • NaachNaach (╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻ Joined: Posts: 162
    I guess that now that I'm employed again, it's time for me to show up on this thread again. I'm back working in Wan Chai and will probably hit up smoke city and gamemax after work most days. If anybody wants to join let me know via whatsapp/text, 9317 4948.
    iMash
  • kingrexkingrex Joined: Posts: 15
    Hey there, actually things seem pretty slow ever since SFxT came out. I guess everyone took a Street Fighter break then lost a bit of interest. I've noticed the arcades are frequently empty or have weak players though you'll probably still find ok competition during Fri-Sat evenings at American Pool in Hung Hom or SmartGame in MK.

Okay just went to hung hom American Pool last night. Hands down the best controls in all of Hong Kong, throwing 1-frame links like never before. If it isn't so far from the MTR line I'd hit that spot daily...

Pic on Twitter: http://t.co/OiLTMtHK

I also went around Tsuen Wan yesterday, but there's no scene there, and worse no 2012 -_-"
    Same with Lai Chi Kok, no 2012 =\

Also where are all the 3rd strike cabs?!?!!!?? I was playing that shit everywhere when I was in HK two years ago.. Can't believe I can't find one cab.. Also could not believe they shut down the arcade in the mall at Kwai Fon..! As if we need more electronics store..

I'm gonna try Central tomorrow, anyone know if they have 2012?
    There is 1 set of 3S cabs in prince edward
    iMash
    Played some decent players using Blanka/Sim at Causeway Bay Gamemax tonight.
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    Gonna be in HK from June 9th-14th and 17th-21 so hoping to go to the arcades during my free time to play ^_^
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
    Gonna be in HK from June 9th-14th and 17th-21 so hoping to go to the arcades during my free time to play ^_^
    what general area are you staying in? hopefully I'll be free at some point
    what general area are you staying in? hopefully I'll be free at some point

Staying in Causeway Bay. I went to the arcade in the basement of Mong Kok today but they only have 2011 lol :\. Then I went to Gamemax Causeway Bay and played a bunch of matches. I'll probably just stick to that one for now.
    FG Blog || Youtube
    Whoah I just went to the arcade in Central today. Damn there were a bunch of good players there. Huge variety too. Played an Ibuki, an Adon, a Ryu, a Cody, a Sakura, an Akuma, a Sagat, a Rose/Chun Li, a Juri and a Dhalsim/T.Hawk. GGs to everyone I played (I doubt they post here though lol)

I'll probably go back again soon.
    FG Blog || Youtube
    snip

Yea not likely that they know this forum exists lol... Central does get a decent crowd still occasionally. I see you're gone after the 14th for a while... arcade tmr night?
    Yea not likely that they know this forum exists lol... Central does get a decent crowd still occasionally. I see you're gone after the 14th for a while... arcade tmr night?

I'm actually going to Singapore tomorrow night for a couple days lol. I'm going to try really hard to go to Central again when I get back to HK on the 17th.
    FG Blog || Youtube
    I'm actually going to Singapore tomorrow night for a couple days lol. I'm going to try really hard to go to Central again when I get back to HK on the 17th.
    ahh ic, well feel free to send a text/whatsapp 93001550 when you go, maybe I can get Naach too
  • YukitanYukitan Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi just arrived in hong kong for 3 weeks. I know this is the sf4 page, I do play a bit of sf4. But I prefer blazblue, i was wondering is there any around. But if none i generally just like fighting games, so I come for sf4 and kof 13 as well, just wondering do people atully play fighting games in hong kong much?
    Hi just arrived in hong kong for 3 weeks. I know this is the sf4 page, I do play a bit of sf4. But I prefer blazblue, i was wondering is there any around. But if none i generally just like fighting games, so I come for sf4 and kof 13 as well, just wondering do people atully play fighting games in hong kong much?

Unfortunately as far as I know there aren't a lot of BB arcade machines in HK. I only know that some arcades only have the Calamity Trigger machines they might have some CS or CSEX machines try Tsuen Wan's arcade, from what I read they might have a BB machine.

Machines I've only seen in Hong Kong so far are: Tekken, Street Fighter, 2002 KOF machines, and Gundams. There's an arcade that carries SF 2012 (3 dollars I think) and Tekken Tag 2 Tournament (5 dollars) at Kowloon Bay's Tellford Plaza #2 6th floor (located at exit C I think)

I think people generally gather at Central and Causeway Bay based on the previous posts. Though I think you might be able to find competition at Kowloon Bay's Arcade.
  • YukitanYukitan Joined: Posts: 2
    Oh if theres no BB thats fine. just picked up a copy of extend for myself to play anyway. Cool thanks man for replying. I'll just pratice some tekken and sf4 then. so where would be a good place to go for that? Kowloon bay?? i better go check that out. Thanks man ^__^
  • busyyuubusyyuu Joined: Posts: 15

Thank you.

Hi, I was wondering this as well. :)

I don't know much about mvc1 or 2 since I don't go to game centers much anymore, but the (u)mvc3 landscape seems quite barren. I seem to be one of the only people who play the game, unless there's a secret underground community I don't know about. It'd be great if one existed though. ^^;
    holy crap who are all you people
    iMash
    Hi, I was wondering this as well. :)

I don't know much about mvc1 or 2 since I don't go to game centers much anymore, but the (u)mvc3 landscape seems quite barren. I seem to be one of the only people who play the game, unless there's a secret underground community I don't know about. It'd be great if one existed though. ^^;

Aghama's post above me said to check the HK fighter forum, I don't see a marvel section and I can't read Chinese very well so I'm assuming there might be none or minimal.
    holy crap who are all you people
    A random person vacationing in Hong Kong trying to find a Marvel or Blazeblue scene.
  • busyyuubusyyuu Joined: Posts: 15
    Yeah, I swear there’s maybe five people in the city who play umvc3 on live, if that, and these days I’ve only seen one other guy semi-consistently online. Every once in a while, it seems I meet some random HKer I haven’t met before in a match, but most are beginners who usually quit in disgust after playing me once. ^^; Generally, I just play with friends abroad.

I can’t read Chinese either though, so I’m basically limited to communicating with others in English. :P
    Gonna be in Central today until 6:30ish for my last day in HK.
    FG Blog || Youtube
    Gonna be in Central today until 6:30ish for my last day in HK.
    I won't make it, hope you enjoyed your stay lol
    I won't make it, hope you enjoyed your stay lol

Haha sucks that we couldn't meet each other bro. Had very limited time to myself; family is such a burden lolol.
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • WallyBearWallyBear scrub4lyfe Joined: Posts: 263
    Hey guys, visiting hong kong from the states for the next couple of weeks... Looks like the hot spot for ssf4 ae is in central? Anyone know the name of the arcade, or what street it's on?
    Hey guys, visiting hong kong from the states for the next couple of weeks... Looks like the hot spot for ssf4 ae is in central? Anyone know the name of the arcade, or what street it's on?
    see the link in my signature for Central's location
    Haha reply one week later... I found your link a couple hours after posting and have been fortunate enough to visit almost all the arcades thus far. Played a lot of skilled players in central as well... Anyone wanting to meet up for some games before I leave in a a few days?
    oh haha sorry I was away for a week, didnt even notice your post date. I'm kinda itching myself so I can probably play within the next few days. Monday likely i think :P
    Sure send me a pm if you're interested
    Sure send me a pm if you're interested
    check inbawks
  • MintyFlavourMintyFlavour Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey guys, i'll be leaving for hk this Friday and was wondering if there were tournaments and casuals held in local areas or just games in arcades? Thanks in advance!
    Edit: casuals like ae2012 or marvel : )
    Hey guys, i'll be leaving for hk this Friday and was wondering if there were tournaments and casuals held in local areas or just games in arcades? Thanks in advance!
    Edit: casuals like ae2012 or marvel : )

The HK Fighter crowd has some casuals occasionally but it seems like a bit of a closed circle. There used to be semi-regular tournaments but that died off so really there's nothing going on besides random arcade matches at the moment (as far as I know). Seems like central has an ok-sized crowd after work hours on weekdays.
    The HK Fighter crowd has some casuals occasionally but it seems like a bit of a closed circle. There used to be semi-regular tournaments but that died off so really there's nothing going on besides random arcade matches at the moment (as far as I know). Seems like central has an ok-sized crowd after work hours on weekdays.
    cool man, i "tried" to go on the hkfighter site but my chinese isn't very good and could barely understand anything, i guess i'll be sticking to the arcades
    also, the guide you have for the arcades is mad godlike
    i checked out nearly every arcade during the two weeks i was in hong kong... central is definitely the place to go for AE 2012 competition... 6-8pm on weekdays.
    i checked out nearly every arcade during the two weeks i was in hong kong... central is definitely the place to go for AE 2012 competition... 6-8pm on weekdays.
    thanks bro i just touched down today and i wanna get to checking out alot of the locations tomorrow or this week if possible but i'll definitely check out the central arcades