Hong Kong SF4 players Report hereeee.

Comments

• mOOpOOmOOpOO MrDictatohead Joined: Posts: 62
    actually i'm eyeing the MadCatz TE joystick now, saw it at 188 Wanchai for 1680. i was reading about this one online and apparently it has all sanwa parts, so it's 100% like the arcade o_O
    Special/Super/Ultra names need to go back to being either blatantly obvious or yelled aloud.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,675 admin
    That thing looks slick alright. I believe it is the best stick yet for home uses.
    You should still check for the sanwa stick's model on it though. 4 ways and 8 ways makes quite a lot of differences.
  • Bubba83309Bubba83309 Joined: Posts: 13
    By 4 way or 8 way, do you mean square gate or octo gate? Or is it something else?
    ya thats what I mean
    The TE comes with stock square gate, and I am pretty sure all retail sticks have stock square gates.
  • EphemeralEphemeral 見神殺神,遇佛殺佛 Joined: Posts: 270
    anyone wanna meet up and spar?
    Just arrived in Hong Kong, haven't played for 3-4 months... anyone want to meet up and play a few rounds/teach me some stuff?
  • C.LIC.LI Joined: Posts: 28
    HK player reporting~
    Hi there, I've only started playing for a couple months,
    if you see a guy with waist length ponytail LOSING consistently with Viper, Vega and Dhalsim, it's most probably me...
    I play mostly in Diamond Hill, sometimes in MK, but never during the night, the league is simply god-like.... my $40 wouldn't last longer than 10 min...

BTW, have any of you seen any arcade with SF EX2+ lately? Anywhere?
  • MonmiMonmi 09'er Doing it Wrong Joined: Posts: 50
  • Alvin81Alvin81 69th HipsterLord Joined: Posts: 150
    just got back from my short HK vacation, managed to meet up with Ephemeral a few times at Mong Kok. Competition is fierce for sf4 especially on Thurs and Fri nights, 6 arcade cabs linked was so awesome. We have nothing like that in Canada so it was kinda disappointing coming back home lol.
  • 2D is Forever2D is Forever Caontonese>Mandarin Joined: Posts: 591
    I'm visiting Hong Kong with my mom and have a ton of free time, she is always playing Mahjong with my uncle and aunt. I've only been to two arcades and they consist of gambling games and random KOFs with Neo Geo button layouts. I'm pretty bad at SF IV and I usually play on pad.

Right now I'm in the Tuen Mun district and wanted to know the closest SF IV arcade to me and how to get to there if possible. I'm an ABC and my Cantonese is terrible and I go by Andrew or Drew so if you spot a confused ABC that is probably me. Also, do they have Third Strike here?
    I'm visiting Hong Kong with my mom and have a ton of free time, she is always playing Mahjong with my uncle and aunt. I've only been to two arcades and they consist of gambling games and random KOFs with Neo Geo button layouts. I'm pretty bad at SF IV and I usually play on pad.

Right now I'm in the Tuen Mun district and wanted to know the closest SF IV arcade to me and how to get to there if possible. I'm an ABC and my Cantonese is terrible and I go by Andrew or Drew so if you spot a confused ABC that is probably me. Also, do they have Third Strike here?

You'll see a ton of those KoF arcades everywhere, you're pretty far from any arcades that has sf4 but if you can get to Tsuen Wan and take the line all the way to Mong Kok and exit D2 there's the gamezone there. 6 SF4 cabs all linked. I haven't seen any 3s anywhere, but I think Eph told me there's some around.
    You'll see a ton of those KoF arcades everywhere, you're pretty far from any arcades that has sf4 but if you can get to Tsuen Wan and take the line all the way to Mong Kok and exit D2 there's the gamezone there. 6 SF4 cabs all linked. I haven't seen any 3s anywhere, but I think Eph told me there's some around.

My luck, I'll be in Mong Kok tomorrow and I'll have some free time. My mom is visiting a friend so I'll be able to stroll around and we are taking the "west subway." Apparently her friend lives close to a university, hopefully I'll be able to find it tomorrow.
    Played a few games at gamezone back on the 1st of October. It doesn't seem Capcom has much of a scene in HK and only one person was playing SF IV.
    Played a few games at gamezone back on the 1st of October. It doesn't seem Capcom has much of a scene in HK and only one person was playing SF IV.

depends what time you were there, prime time is later at night near the end of the work week
  • eightboyeightboy Registered Boxer Joined: Posts: 20
    Hi everybody,

I just came back from my holidays in Hong Kong and gotta say that I got my ass wooped pretty bad in MK Game Zone, thanks for that. :)

I don't know if anybody of the Chinese people who play there post here but I really liked to watch some of the players there.

So props go out to that one Gief player who came to me and gave me tips on how to play my boxer better, you seemed like a pretty cool guy. Also to the other boxer player with the New Era hat with superfluent English (I figure he was from the US) who told me to keep on trying when I lost 3-0 against a really beastly Guile player. :) And a couple other people seemed nice too but I didn't really have the time to connect with them.

Anyways, next time I'm in Hong Kong, I wanna play there too. :)
    Hi everybody,

I just came back from my holidays in Hong Kong and gotta say that I got my ass wooped pretty bad in MK Game Zone, thanks for that. :)

I don't know if anybody of the Chinese people who play there post here but I really liked to watch some of the players there.

So props go out to that one Gief player who came to me and gave me tips on how to play my boxer better, you seemed like a pretty cool guy. Also to the other boxer player with the New Era hat with superfluent English (I figure he was from the US) who told me to keep on trying when I lost 3-0 against a really beastly Guile player. :) And a couple other people seemed nice too but I didn't really have the time to connect with them.

Anyways, next time I'm in Hong Kong, I wanna play there too. :)

That's probably Ern, aka Ephemeral on the boards.
    Oh, cool!

Hi Ephemeral, sup? :D
  • SlinkunSlinkun s.hp's your face! Joined: Posts: 1,143
    Hi, I'll be visiting Hong Kong in late October and was wondering around what area the major arcade scene is located. I'm seeing a lot of reference to Mong Kok but I was also curious if there was a scene anywheres in or around the Wan Cahi or Causeway Bay area, since that's where my hotel will be.
    In Salt Lake City? PM me if you think your rad in 3rd strike, SFIV, MvC3 or CvS2. Looking for some good competition!

Currently sponsored by the Seraphim Organization! Check out our site at: http://shdfate.wix.com/seraphimorg#
  • noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    where is MK station exactly? I'm in HK for a few weeks now an I might try and show up sometime.
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    MK = Mong Kok. Go to Exit D2 and from there you should be able to see the New Town Mall and the entrance to Game Zone.

Have fun there!
    yea, i figured out the mong kok part. I'll see if i get to drop by...I'm on a short leash from my fiance :P
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

Your fiance can shop through the New Town Mall and pick you up when she's done. ;) The whole mall in which MK Game Zone is located is full with cute stores that offer interesting stuff for women (seriously, no shops for guys there).

My girlfriend and me did it that way and we're still a happy couple. :D
    noodlenoob just bring her into the arcade, my gf and i went together one night, there's a shitload of other games she could probably play anyways. oh yah man you gotta try out that gundam pod there lol its like $25 hkd per play, getty has nothing compared to the machines they have over there
    lol you have no idea how much she hates me playing games :P

but I might get a chance to play this afternoon/evening at MK Game Zone.

I'm pretty sure I played Ern today, there were two good rog players there today splitting rounds, a shorter guy in a suit and a taller guy. I was one of the scrubby sagat player. more specificially the one that was spamming Focus Attacks for no reason. GGs!

That's the spirit! Go noodleman!
    If I you are talking about who I think you are talking about, no, neither of those guys are ern (ephemeral). Those two are pretty much noobs compared to ern. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, I have played them before, but ern's rog is like on a completely different level.
  • NANA_K_KASENANA_K_KASE Joined: Posts: 37
    where is the best places to play sf4 in the arcades?? I will be in HK, in the city from Saturday to Tuesday, hope to play some of you guys here....

Btw, im Filipino...
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Sup HK. On behalf of the SRK Beijing delegation, I'd like to say hi.

And stuff.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • mOOpOOmOOpOO MrDictatohead Joined: Posts: 62
    We gotta set up some kinda massive sparring session... if only we had a venue...
    Special/Super/Ultra names need to go back to being either blatantly obvious or yelled aloud.
    Do they have 2 Gamezones in Mong Kok? I went to one today close to "Ladies' Street" and they had a KOF 2002 UM tournament. The other Gamezone I went to before had SF IV near the corner while the one I went into today was more in the middle.

Didn't play any SF IV though, only one or two people where playing while the whole crowd was watching KOF>
    yea there's the popular one outside exit D2 with the 6 cabs then the other gamezone is near the langham place exit where it has 4 cabs.
    I was at mk game zone for about an hour around 6:30 today. ggs to everyone I played

hai thar
  • Mr.TriteMr.Trite Joined: Posts: 283
    If I you are talking about who I think you are talking about, no, neither of those guys are ern (ephemeral). Those two are pretty much noobs compared to ern. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, I have played them before, but ern's rog is like on a completely different level.

are you kidding me?

ern is a total scrub

i schooled him in balrog mirror

ask him yourself
    are you kidding me?

Ern is a total scrub

i schooled him in balrog mirror

ask him yourself

edo kun~ :3
  • NANA_K_KASENANA_K_KASE Joined: Posts: 37
    we where staying in Panda hotel for 4 days, and guys you were right. Most of the arcade there have a lot of KOF 2k2 cabs and i wasnt able to go to Mongkok nor seen any sf4 in at least 5 local arcade place...... Too bad 4 me...
    Yeah, Mong Kok is only place I found that had SF IV too. Well, it was nice to play SF IV in Hong Kong for the few times I played at Mong Kok.

My Cantonese is too broken and sucks too much but it was nice speaking to the guys who did use English, the semi-final EVO Chun Li player, Akuma/Gouki player, and a few others.
    bump
  • tetrisburgertetrisburger Kangaryu Joined: Posts: 10
    gonna be down at mk game zone alot this week.
    [visiting from aust till the 24th]

I'll be the tall boxer with the "ToughJeans" hoodie.
    Looking forward to learning from the hk crowd.

-edit-
    was down there again from around 3:00 - 5:30
    unfotunately couldnt stay till the night crowd.

GGS to everyone i played, on the off chance theyll read this thread.
    got absolutely scraped by a beastly sagat =[.

Will be down there again around afternoon time 2morro.
  • oinkoinkpigoinkoinkpig Joined: Posts: 15
    There is also SFIV in causwaybay..get out of exit C and it should be around there. WARNING: SMELLS LIKE SMOKE IN THERE
    hello.
  • PensukePensuke FUCK GUILE Joined: Posts: 166
    Anyone still alive in Hong Kong? I'll be coming down for a week from Japan starting tomorrow. I'll be playing SF4 on my free time and I assume arcades are everywhere, but are there any hot nights or places I should be looking for?
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Win! Go win imo.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
    Jason! Go jason imo. Hahaha. Come down to Hong Kong with me. :) Awe them with your putonghua (guoyu down there). I miss arcades that are less than 50 cents per play.

I have a two hour layover at Beijing on the way to HK, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. :p
  • u-d-0-nu-d-0-n Joined: Posts: 24
    i've just arrived in hong kong (T DOT!!!)
    i live in tsuen wan.. and comp wasn't good there
    went to mong kok, got raped 4 in a row... (saturday night)

and yes, imma be campin there from now =)
    so holla
    So I'm staying in the Chai Wan/Siu Sai Wan area. I should still hit up the Mong Kok Gamezone or there any other place that's more convenient or closer? I assume Japanese SF4 cards won't work here, lol?

I'm an ABC who speaks so-so Cantonese, so you might not spot me easily, but I play a blue scrubby Dictator who still needs to practice his 3x short xx scissor kick combos. I'll be sporting a bag that says Tufts though.
  • tekniqstekniqs Joined: Posts: 681
    i'ma be staying at hong kong for three days starting on march 29. people there able to speak english? i'm coming from the Philippines and i wanna check out the sf4 competition there. i think my family's gonna staying at the marriot...i think that's what it's called. where is the closest arcades to there?
  • muymalmuymal Joined: Posts: 25
    man, i wished i checked this thread when i was in hk! now i have to wait till next summer before going back to play some people in real life! i live in US. playing online would probably be laggy? but if you guys don't mind trying, add me on xbox please. GT: guitarfanatic