Wall of Shame: Post Info on Scammers, Thieves, and Unsettled Transactions

networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness.Joined: Posts: 2,327 mod
I'm pretty sure many people, including myself are tired of dealing with this BS for too long. Many of us are frustrated with scammers/ thieves/ users wasting others users' time. The Wall of Shame is incorporated onto this forum so that we can find information on that one person and track them down so for refunds, let users be aware of thieves, and sellers be aware of users just wasting their time. That way if everything is posted on this thread, the users of SRK will know what to deal with if a situation would arise. As for thieves and scammers, their paypal address should be shown to the public with all their information so if there is anything that needs to be resolved, it will all be listed there.

Well,
Here's the general idea.
Scammers and Thieves should have their personal addresses posted up on the thread so that users can contact them.
It should be:
Name of Scammer
Address
Contact Information
and how that person ripped the user off.
As for Time Wasters:
The user should be posted up for the type of infraction that they have done. Other than that, no personal information should be posted about them.

Official Scammers
stay away. (Please report if these people are trying to sell again)

LEGEND
MediumTurquoise = Regular Users
Purple = People outsisde SRK (ebay, etc)
Red = Mods that scam

Lazeeya- Owes money (over $4500!) [Returned and did some orders but still owes money]
Knubbe-sold broken PS3 as new
InfoSeeker- Joystick
khmerdroopy- Metal Panels
Loborine- Xbox 360, Hrap ex Bundle
Zal- Joystick
Chris_himself- Filed Paypal Refund after receiving Cthulhu boards and not returning items back to seller
Electric Trouble - Stole money from customers on Joystick controllers.
BucklemyShoe- Scammed $100 worth of PS2 Games
armad1ll0- Stole 2 dual shocks and $35, never refunded the customer
Mystic- Failed to ship goods, was also banned from "SRK Secret Santa"
Ohnoezz/Hi5ive-Scammed multiple users into transactions without sending anything at all and making people send as "gift" payments
Avidist-Scammed multiple users in purchasing arcade parts
esjihn-Did not ship out 40gb PS3
n00se-Did not ship out Joystick
La(Rence)-Took a good amount of money and did not ship out VLX.
ryu-bi- Failed to ship Kuroda/SBO DVDs
DJMatrix- Owes money ranging around $1000
anabolicfreak-Scammed people in buying Sticks.

EBAY WARNING kbc2004 - Situations on PSN Cards
EBAY WARNING SaDo-Sold a destroyed and inoperable dreamcast.

The following people above are not permitted to sell/trade in this forum until they clean up their mess. Sell/Trade threads will be purged on sight.

Threads being accused of scamming, thievery, and bad selling/partnership will be updated to (WOS) instead of WTS/WTT

WOS will better indicate to the buyers that the thread in question has been mentioned/listed in the wall of shame, (WOS) will not be removed until the matter of transactions are fully completed with said buyers/sellers/trading partners.

This will be in effect for now on.

IF YOU SEE THESE PEOPLE SELLING ON THE THREADS AGAIN, PLEASE NOTIFY THE MODS AND THEY WILL BE:
art2.jpg
Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
facebook.com/networkingyuppy
Twitter: @networkingyuppy

Comments

• AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    I think this is a good idea. I have had TONS of my time wasted by these windowshoppers on the forums... who ask me technical questions about their potential order, I do their homework for them, and then they end up not buying at all.

It hurts the quality of my business with actual LEGIT people who intend on buying or ordering, because I am more hesitant to go into technical detail, because it is quite likely to be a huge waste of my time. As well as FLOODING my PM box which I have to take time to empty and screen.

I won't name names right now, but if it happens again I will be posting up screen names, because it definitely is NOT cool...
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's an excellent idea. I guess it would go in the User Feedback subforum?
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,623
    it should be a sticky in both sections. this thread is good but needs more ppl.. i cant think of any more scammers though.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • BobbysWorldFoShoBobbysWorldFoSho YuPs Joined: Posts: 386
    wow how can i be on this list?!?!?

lol j/k

yeah, great idea, keeps new people alert. This should be a sticky thread =]
    "The Goods"
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    I agree with the whole idea about scammers and sellers not sending items out.

However I think you might have gone a bit too far with the example for the Lazeeya thread. Its not a great example, the guy was new and obviously a kid who doesnt think straight but for him to shamed as you suggest would be wrong. Obviously I did not deal with the guy but he was apologetic and if the Buyer can move on and accept his apology then I dont think he should be mentioned on this thread.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent im in another castle Joined: Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the whole idea about scammers and sellers not sending items out.

However I think you might have gone a bit too far with the example for the Lazeeya thread. Its not a great example, the guy was new and obviously a kid who doesnt think straight but for him to shamed as you suggest would be wrong. Obviously I did not deal with the guy but he was apologetic and if the Buyer can move on and accept his apology then I dont think he should be mentioned on this thread.
    seller's time was still wasted. maybe a seller should make a note that if the buyer is a time waster, that other potential sellers should 'sell at their own risk' or something? if the buyer cleans up his or her act then they get taken off the wall?
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • ShYtFaCeShYtFaCe Joined: Posts: 130
    So what if the person who ripped you off IS a mod, good luck with that.
  • SazaeSazae ... Joined: Posts: 2,140
    Wiz goes above the mods so you always have that route. Now if Wiz rips you off, sorry.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 12,624 mod
    So what if the person who ripped you off IS a mod, good luck with that.

Then you take it to the other 2 mods. There's three of us here.

I'll look this over with them, being the new guy I just want their input first.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • Riot GuardRiot Guard Sup Ken? Joined: Posts: 3,880
    Good idea. The Matrix situation was ridiculous. Whether the orders are caught up or not, certain people should be banned permanently from the trading section. No second chances.
  • DipezDipez Joined: Posts: 1,623
    Wiz goes above the mods so you always have that route. Now if Wiz rips you off, sorry.

:yawn: i can imagine this in my head now.. :rofl:
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules
  • ImitrexImitrex Jiu-Jitsu!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,292
    Great idea. Definitely a faster resource than looking for negative posts throughout the Feedback forum. Especially if posts are deleted.
    "You're naked. There's a 14 year old girl. You're chasing a cat around. You've got Cool Whip." ~ Chris Hansen
  • foxisquickfoxisquick Joined: Posts: 1,298
    man the lazeeya thread is really annoying. He was very responsive and in the end i decided to go with someone else but he was always very quick to answer me even though he probably has 1000 pms yes i like this idea.
  • ShYtFaCeShYtFaCe Joined: Posts: 130
    Then you take it to the other 2 mods. There's three of us here.

I'll look this over with them, being the new guy I just want their input first.

Meh, well this happened back in 07 so I've let it go by now, but I had no idea who the other mods were and the person in question had been banned (at the time) so I figured there was nothing to be done either way. I'm only bringing it up because of the title, being a mod doesn't automatically make someone a beacon of truth, no offense to you other guys.
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,327 mod
    Well,
    Here's the general idea.
    Scammers and Thieves should have their personal addresses posted up on the thread so that users can contact them.
    It should be:
    Name of Scammer
    Address
    Contact Information
    and how that person ripped the user off.
    As for Time Wasters:
    The user should be posted up for the type of infraction that they have done. Other than that, no personal infromation should be posted about them.
    Unless it's used for police investigations I don't think you should post anyone's address on here. What if Seller1 rips off Buyer1 using a "fake" address, stolen information, or a whatever. Buyer1 wants to retaliate by a) a drive by shooting b) mail bomb c) harassment , you could potentially harm an innocent bystander who just happens to own the fake address. Dangerous.
  • SazaeSazae ... Joined: Posts: 2,140
    This same system has been around for a long while over at neo-geo and has worked fine. The stuff they usually sell is many times the amount of anything sold here so they are very serious about keeping the trading area in good standing. This community has blown up in the last few months and the stick selling/trading avenue has grown right along with it so the trading area here needs to grow to keep pace.

If you feel the need to go mail bomb somebody's house, well they are more things wrong with you than any mature person would have.
    Unless it's used for police investigations I don't think you should post anyone's address on here. What if Seller1 rips off Buyer1 using a "fake" address, stolen information, or a whatever. Buyer1 wants to retaliate by a) a drive by shooting b) mail bomb c) harassment , you could potentially harm an innocent bystander who just happens to own the fake address. Dangerous.

No it won't . When you complete a paypal transaction, It will display their contact information. Imagine if you gotten screwed out of a deal . What would you do? Cops aren't going to do anything to further investigate fraud and whatnot. There won't be any harassment in this because the scammer had originally screwed the user at the first place and it gives the user the opportunity to contact the seller to refund the money back.
    and besides those situation you mentioned earlier seemed a bit extreme doesn't it?
    I meant physical address. I agree email addresses should be used, sorry for any confusion. Although a bit extreme, it's highly possible that somebody who got ripped off would literally want to go and kick the seller's ass. It would be bad if he kicked the wrong person's ass huh?
  • albert_calbert_c KS2 Joined: Posts: 2,011
    I started a timewasters thread on the feedback section a while ago. I got a couple of crybabies posting on it about how I should be more patient with people who waste my time. Haven't looked at it so I don't know if anyone kept it alive.

What pisses me off the most is when a fool says that he's gonna sent payment. Then sends nothing or says nothing. So I'm sitting there holding an item for someone who isn't gonna pay for it.

gay.

Those fools should be banned.
    KEYSTONE II
  • MRGAYMRGAY meaty atk = my cock Joined: Posts: 634
    Wall of Shame should be renamed to Wall of Fail.

WHO'S WITH ME?!

Ghetto biology, rofl. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6507221&postcount=32
  • lazeeyalazeeya Custom Stick Builder Joined: Posts: 855
    shit just got REAL. lol.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
    shit just got REAL. lol.

Well after the situation last night, I'm just tired of dealing with the noobs here.
  • dtran01dtran01 Joined: Posts: 103
    networkingyuppy and lazeeya, try not to let one 13 yr old noob with insecurity issues sour your opinion. most of us are in it for the long haul and aren't so damn annoying.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this topic ironic...

Still agree with this thread as i've had quite the bad transaction when im the buyer with a few i've recently did business with...I wont go into details with it yet...
    Grime: Truly grimey alright. I offered a DC agetec PCB with Quick Disconnects for $24 shipped. PMed me twice that he'd give me $20 shipped. I told him I agreed, and then he never messaged me back. Fucking windowshopper/time waster. (Feb 09 joindate, big surprise)
    i'm gonna assume that a lot of the people that will end up on this list will come here to defend themselves too
  • fundandofundando monitor cyborg Joined: Posts: 256
    Well after the situation last night, I'm just tired of dealing with the noobs here.

hey man it is not just us noobs. In fact I've only been here a couple weeks and already have a couple good transactions.
    YOu should just go ahead and post usernames like over at new geo
    Don't forget your vitamins.
    All for it.

The 2nd link was hilarious, however the first post was written with sincerity and honesty. I agree with keeping your opponent at sword's edge, but having a wall of fire behind you as well. The issue I do have... is the issue of a deposit. Last I checked, a deposit was required as a signature of sorts that you meant business... Not a false pretense. The fact that those users (or anyone) got their deposit back is amazing. Go Lazeeya.

AFA I'm concerned, the only thing I would like to mention is once you attempt to contract with someone -- don't go around to every other person in the damn world and ask THEM to do work as well. As a designer with no physical product, this has been a problem for me. Shop around, yes, but don't pay 9 people 'deposits' and then retract 8 of them in the end...

Do your research and pick a servicer because it suits you. I personally don't care if you pick someone else who will design something for you or not -- it's $10 for 6 hours of work on my part. I make 200-900 times that selling logos that take less than 2 hours. Ask me to do work because you require a professional environment to convey your ideas, not because "ey3 getz da mon1ez & y0u w1n f@st3r"
    Ok i decided to put one of the names up on this wall of shame...

Amputekthure

Ok here's what happen to me with this transaction...

I was looking for Tatsunoko vs Capcom & he said he had one for trade...He then said he had the stick for it too...He wanted 5 Wii games from me (4 sealed) & we were good. So i ship my games out & then he tells me he changes his mind...He did return the games but i lost out on shipping ($12)...I've asked him to refund me the shipping but hasn't replied since...I checked his profile & i see that he logged in yesterday, so yeah...Maybe someone who know him can haggle him to make things right...I know its only $12 but yeah it pissed me off cuz i missed out on a deal here in the trading forum who had the game i wanted + freeloader to play it...

Im more then willing to edit his name out if he pays me for my shipping...I have 2 other users to callout but currently pending :rofl:
    ^That is a shitty thing to do, back out on a deal and then not reimburse someone for their expenses for your flaking out. Sorry to hear that.
    shit just got REAL. lol.
    that drama in your thread was ridiculous. best part was this though :d:
    I'm sorry stun4h, I'm afraid I'm going to refuse doing business with you.
    destroyed.

here's some more good drama
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=180282

also the Canadian box makers threads in tech talk are pretty good too. going in each others threads and talking trash. and then a bunch of noobs are crying that $80 is too much for a stick like dudes shouldn't have any incentive at all to do work for them. new members = more drama. i love it :rofl:
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • lazeeyalazeeya Custom Stick Builder Joined: Posts: 855
    that drama in your thread was ridiculous. best part was this though :d:
    destroyed.

here's some more good drama
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=180282

also the Canadian box makers threads in tech talk are pretty good too. going in each others threads and talking trash. and then a bunch of noobs are crying that $80 is too much for a stick like dudes shouldn't have any incentive at all to do work for them. new members = more drama. i love it :rofl:

$80's...that's not half bad. LOL.....i had some fool messaging me. "hey lazeeya, i want a complete Sanwa PS3 custom stick with artwork, im looking to spend between $50-$60 bucks."............

you can only imagine what i said back to him. LOL.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
    Ok i decided to put one of the names up on this wall of shame...

Amputekthure

Ok here's what happen to me with this transaction...

I was looking for Tatsunoko vs Capcom & he said he had one for trade...He then said he had the stick for it too...He wanted 5 Wii games from me (4 sealed) & we were good. So i ship my games out & then he tells me he changes his mind...He did return the games but i lost out on shipping ($12)...I've asked him to refund me the shipping but hasn't replied since...I checked his profile & i see that he logged in yesterday, so yeah...Maybe someone who know him can haggle him to make things right...I know its only $12 but yeah it pissed me off cuz i missed out on a deal here in the trading forum who had the game i wanted + freeloader to play it...

Im more then willing to edit his name out if he pays me for my shipping...I have 2 other users to callout but currently pending :rofl:

Hey rcaido,
    I'll come clean. Ha, the guilt is killing me. I sent out the package this week and it's going to be here on the 20th. Otherwise I deserve the neg feed for taking too damn long to ship the Mayflash case out. Rest assure man, it will arrive :D
    $80's...that's not half bad. LOL.....i had some fool messaging me. "hey lazeeya, i want a complete Sanwa PS3 custom stick with artwork, im looking to spend between $50-$60 bucks."............

you can only imagine what i said back to him. LOL.
    yeah, something very similar happened to me, but i feel it was my fault because i didn't explain well enough. some of these guys just look at the pictures if you have them and ignore everything else you write. i wrote a lot of stuff in my first two posts, so i can't get mad if people skipped it (though it would make everyone's life easier:wonder:).
  • Paik4LifePaik4Life Team HnI Joined: Posts: 1,201
    I wasn't really going to justify this thread with a response in one way or another, but I'll just wanted to comment on how you (networkingpuppy) are calling out noobs, when you've been here, what 5 months? Just a month before the 2009 cut off date for selling in the trading outlet?

But you're obviously a good trader so I don't have a problem with you wanting to help weed out the bad traders. I just don't like you singling out the newly registered when you yourself are still new (at least according to this screen name. You might have used another screen name or have been a lurker for years for all I know). I think the newly registered already have it hard enough with the 2009 rule.

Anyway, I think the neo-geo system works really well, but it's been said that the trader rating system can't be implemented here, which is unfortunate, but just a reality. I also agree that although a feedback forum does exist, it's not as visible or visited as the Trading Outlet and I do support there being a sticky for bad traders. That being said, a mod should have started it instead of this kind of vigilante effort. Asking a mod through PM or Mr. Wizard through PM to set up an official one would have been a better route to go through and given it much more credibility. Hopefully, they will take in upon themselves to start an official one where people can PM cases to mods and they can make decisions on whether to add them to the ongoing list of bad traders or not.

Again, just my thoughts.

~Paik
    One thing I find frustrating about the Feedback forum, is that threads are deleted. I have been doing business for a year now, and had a previous positive feedback thread that is nowhere to be found. I have a recent one from around a month ago, but now all my positive feedback is gone from the past year. Some sort of implementation for good standing should be looked in to as well.
    "You're naked. There's a 14 year old girl. You're chasing a cat around. You've got Cool Whip." ~ Chris Hansen
    One thing I find frustrating about the Feedback forum, is that threads are deleted. I have been doing business for a year now, and had a previous positive feedback thread that is nowhere to be found. I have a recent one from around a month ago, but now all my positive feedback is gone from the past year. Some sort of implementation for good standing should be looked in to as well.

You mean this one?
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=154040&highlight=imitrex

Every forum only displays threads active in the last month. That thread still exists, it's just hidden. You should ask Fir to merge all 3 threads.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=173575&highlight=imitrex
    I wasn't really going to justify this thread with a response in one way or another, but I'll just wanted to comment on how you (networkingpuppy) are calling out noobs, when you've been here, what 5 months? Just a month before the 2009 cut off date for selling in the trading outlet?

But you're obviously a good trader so I don't have a problem with you wanting to help weed out the bad traders. I just don't like you singling out the newly registered when you yourself are still new (at least according to this screen name. You might have used another screen name or have been a lurker for years for all I know). I think the newly registered already have it hard enough with the 2009 rule.

Anyway, I think the neo-geo system works really well, but it's been said that the trader rating system can't be implemented here, which is unfortunate, but just a reality. I also agree that although a feedback forum does exist, it's not as visible or visited as the Trading Outlet and I do support there being a sticky for bad traders. That being said, a mod should have started it instead of this kind of vigilante effort. Asking a mod through PM or Mr. Wizard through PM to set up an official one would have been a better route to go through and given it much more credibility. Hopefully, they will take in upon themselves to start an official one where people can PM cases to mods and they can make decisions on whether to add them to the ongoing list of bad traders or not.

Again, just my thoughts.

~Paik

Well , Paik
    there are exceptions and I don't mean to be biased towards all members from the 09 section. There are some that have a disregard on reading the rules on the forum. My intentions was not to weed out the new members here, but just to have a feedback topic to single out to those that have screwed other users. I apologize to all those new users that do contribute goodness to the forum, but this topic just applies to all the users with bad business transactions.
    Might I make a suggestion to the TC. So people don't have t dig through the entire thread, can you compile all the blacklisted names into the original post into one comprehensive list? Maybe followed by reason for being on the list.
  • Paik4LifePaik4Life Team HnI Joined: Posts: 1,201
    Well , Paik
    there are exceptions and I don't mean to be biased towards all members from the 09 section. There are some that have a disregard on reading the rules on the forum. My intentions was not to weed out the new members here, but just to have a feedback topic to single out to those that have screwed other users. I apologize to all those new users that do contribute goodness to the forum, but this topic just applies to all the users with bad business transactions.

Yeah I know, man. Like I said, you're relatively new and you're a good egg. I just think starting a thread like this isn't the best way to go about things. You should have PMed Mr. Wizard or a mod and suggested that they make such a thread instead of doing it yourself. I fully support making SRK members new and old, alike, aware of bad traders.

~Paik
    Yeah, it's not under my jurisdiction to be mandating this type of thread. I would just like to have this type of topic introduced to the forums. :D
    One of the mods told me awhile back that it would be too hard to keep up & that it can cause flame wars when i suggested to make bad feedback thread...They just told me to post your feedback on each individual user transaction...

So i ended up not making a bad feedback thread...I didn't agree with it & hope this one will be sticky...
    You mean this one?

Every forum only displays threads active in the last month. That thread still exists, it's just hidden. You should ask Fir to merge all 3 threads.

Well color me stupid. Thanks, Valaris. I didn't realize it only showed a certain amount of time.
    Glad to help :tup:
  • ErenEren Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 13,388 mod
    You mean this one?

There is only two that need to be merged, 154040 is the same thread.
    One of the mods told me awhile back that it would be too hard to keep up & that it can cause flame wars when i suggested to make bad feedback thread...They just told me to post your feedback on each individual user transaction...

So i ended up not making a bad feedback thread...I didn't agree with it & hope this one will be sticky...

well sorry that you didn't agree, UF is not as universal as the TO and like albert c said it's been done already and nobody coorperated. I think pc1x1 tried something like this and nobody cooperated :lol:
    at this point, I hope it this thread doesn't become an ideological concept. :D
    Thank you, Fir. Much appreciated.
  • ErenEren Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 13,388 mod
    np^

So you all want this stickied right? because i have no problem weeding out the bad sellers in here. It kinda defeats the purpose of UF, but I'd rather it be filled with nothing but smooth transactions anyway