Wall of Shame: Post Info on Scammers, Thieves, and Unsettled Transactions

Comments

• networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,327 mod
    pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on the top? :P
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
    thank you mods! :D <3
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 12,624 mod
    NetworkingYuppy I would suggest updating your first post as new names come in with an active list.
    Or hell sometimes I'll update your post when I see them.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    NetworkingYuppy I would suggest updating your first post as new names come in with an active list.
    Or hell sometimes I'll update your post when I see them.

all done!
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    I think it would be fantastic if we could get a searchable list with paypal names of these offenders (incase they reregister on SRK w/ a different name at a different location). I'd love to do my research before starting on a project.
  • pc1x1pc1x1 New Challenger! Joined: Posts: 1,514
    There is only two that need to be merged, 154040 is the same thread.

well sorry that you didn't agree, UF is not as universal as the TO and like albert c said it's been done already and nobody coorperated. I think pc1x1 tried something like this and nobody cooperated :lol:

Yea I did, as Albert_C made the time wasters thread, which I completely Agree, I also agree, I have had so many damn people, come to me and say I want a stick, and post the exact same thing on others builders. IE make of us do work, and waste time, and in the end not buy anything at all, etc.

Don't waste my time, or others with the same thing, :nono:
    Don't complain about price, if its posted before hand its non negotiable :nono:
    Don't Cry because you had a bad experience with someone who had unproven or bad feedback, the writting is on the wall already, you just didn't look.
    Don't cry when you bought something cheaper than its suposed to, if its too good to be true, it problably is.

Otherwise all my transactions, knock on wood on SRK have been positive. I had my bad eggs, but nothing to bad.

And Paik I agree 100%, because this thread is turning a bit into a mob mentality hive mind thing. But yea its a good idea, but needs to be implemented better.

As Fir (your Ephidel to me ;) ) mentioned I tried making a system like ebay's, I went through all my transactions, like 23 at the time, and made it, its still in UF. Basically Positive, Negative, etc, and people just made fun of it, and didn't work on it, so :nono: :tdown:. We need a trading mod installed into VBulletin whenever the admins have time to implement it.

ALSO not everyone posts in Feedback Forum, I have like 5 positives feedbacks, that I pm'ed the people to post, and they never did, so theres also the issue of people not posting in UF, etc. So its never 100% reliable. But its pretty good.

Overall I know when I am dealing with most people, I know what to expect, because we are all in the same community together. You get to know people, their habits, etc. Thats my only advice, if you feel somethings shady etc, it probably is.
    SRK, its all :lovin: + :mad: all the time.
    フィリップ 日本語をいつの日か学ぶ
  • calogecaloge Joined: Posts: 167
    It is pretty interesting that you are so flippant about buyers who complain if they are screwed by a shady seller but refuse to accept timewasting buyers. your post shows just how hard it is to be a seller or a buyer on an unregulated marketplace with no direct contact. Personally, I think an invitation to do business on an informal website such as this not principally designed as a marketplace is naturally going to attract the proverbial timewaster and just like buyers who should beware and stay away from sellers with no cred, sellers (like you) should stay away from buyers or places of business that dont function as efficiently as said sellers would like. If you say a price is not negotiable and someone lowballs you how have they impacted you at all, either delete the PM or reply and say "price is firm". that takes a total of 3 seconds. this place, being a blank slate, requires significant seller input and client communication to be successful, if you want a no hassle environment, ebay is right over there.

just to be clear, I understand your plight, I have worked in finance and marketing and time and time again I see unsophisticated buyers browsing and often failing, they either waste a sellers time or get ripped off, thats the price of a free economy
    Don't waste my time, or others with the same thing, :nono:
    Don't complain about price, if its posted before hand its non negotiable :nono:
    Don't Cry because you had a bad experience with someone who had unproven or bad feedback, the writting is on the wall already, you just didn't look.
    Don't cry when you bought something cheaper than its suposed to, if its too good to be true, it problably is.
    How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/sicktegyo/28hh8ww.gif
    Problem is, its not cut or dry, and you make valid points, but Ill give you some insight since I been here a little longer.

And since your new, you might not be aware. But this forum is a great place to do business, alot of niche items, at normally very good prices can be found here. Most of the people I buy from or sell to, are great. Also I sell stuff occasionally, and everyone is really cool with me.

The proverbial timewaster I am referring to is simple, They ask me 100 questions on sticks, I sit down and explain everything, with like 15 minutes of my time x 500 of them, and they do the same thing to every single joystick maker, etc. That is a waste of all of our times. And is uncalled for. If your interested in my sticks, then you do business with me. I normally go out of my way to help people regardless if they are paying or not, but when I see them spamming every builders thread, they are out of here.

Also low balling is fine, its business, I do it myself, haggling is fun, the problem and what I am referring to, is someone who isn't buying anything, goes on your thread, and says X is to high, to low, etc. I mean if its a deliberate rip off, I can understand, IE 100% price increase, or seller is misleading something but if your not buying something, and dude is making 5 bucks more than normal, wtf are you bugging him etc? GTFO.

And think of this, theres what 20 custom joystick makers max, that are active here. Now look at the amount of people you see in SRK, imagine how many contact me sometimes, now I love talking to people, but deliberate time wasting is a no no. Especially since everyone loves the excuse I am interested in X item, etc.

So I can relate to people. I seen alot of times here, someone says, yo hold that for me. And the buyer backs out. I can understand both sides too. For example, I wanted some games from Macinsot, but I had to ask him what he had, and budget accordingly. I did not have enough to cover everything, so I occasionally pm him asking him if he has anything and try to see if I can cover it. I can see how thats a time waster, but I also did let him know upfront, that was what I was doing and that I didn't have money in hand. Since sometimes you only have X amount of disposable income per week. Especially now in these economic times.

Man I should be an AIG executive ;), I could use a government bonus right now
    フィリップ 日本語をいつの日か学ぶ
  • lazeeyalazeeya Custom Stick Builder Joined: Posts: 855
    Yep. I agree with PC1X1. Alot of "window shoppers" here on SRK. Lots of time wasted, 15minutes is an understatement. I've had a guy, sent me a deposit, flaked out. I was nice enough to refund the deposit. He PM'ed me, begging me to let him take his slot back, so i let him. Wasted a crapload of time answering all of his questions and PM's on details of the stick, and then he decides to flake and again, asks me for the deposit back. I said "nope, not this time, buddy." A deposit means a deposit.

I answer all questions with a smile on my face, unless it's a question that's already answered on the first page of the thread. I get tons of PM's like "hey, how much for a stick?". at first i dindt mind so much, but they keep on coming. I dont even know how to answer a question like that cuz i dont even know what they want. And of course, after that, it would be a nonstop back and forth of PM tagging. So i just say, "hey, go read the first page, will ya."

I also get questions like "why do your sticks cost more than a TE?"

or even this "Can you sell me two buttons?"

and the worse one i've gotten so far is something like this

"Hey, I'm new on SRK, and im looking for a fully customized PS3 sanwa joystick, with custom art. Im looking to spend between $50-$60, if you're interested, hit me back up and we can do some business."

Not to discourage the 09 users from using their PM privledges. But you guys should at least skim through the thread before PMing. Or at least, PM something that's worth PMing. My inbox is getting bombarded with those questions that i can't even answer.

At first i thought it was coincidence, but really, it's not, all those questions i got were ALLLLLL from 09 USERS. So apparently, it just mean you guys haven't been around long enough and you're anxious and hyped up cuz of SF4, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind that, it's SF4 season right now, and stick builders as busy as hell.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
  • ErenEren Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 13,388 mod
    i can only imagine how many pms you guys get now x__-
  • MainEventMainEvent RL/4Horsemen Joined: Posts: 86
    Yep. I agree with PC1X1. Alot of "window shoppers" here on SRK. Lots of time wasted, 15minutes is an understatement. I've had a guy, sent me a deposit, flaked out. I was nice enough to refund the deposit. He PM'ed me, begging me to let him take his slot back, so i let him. Wasted a crapload of time answering all of his questions and PM's on details of the stick, and then he decides to flake and again, asks me for the deposit back. I said "nope, not this time, buddy." A deposit means a deposit.

I answer all questions with a smile on my face, unless it's a question that's already answered on the first page of the thread. I get tons of PM's like "hey, how much for a stick?". at first i dindt mind so much, but they keep on coming. I dont even know how to answer a question like that cuz i dont even know what they want. And of course, after that, it would be a nonstop back and forth of PM tagging. So i just say, "hey, go read the first page, will ya."

I also get questions like "why do your sticks cost more than a TE?"

or even this "Can you sell me two buttons?"

and the worse one i've gotten so far is something like this

"Hey, I'm new on SRK, and im looking for a fully customized PS3 sanwa joystick, with custom art. Im looking to spend between $50-$60, if you're interested, hit me back up and we can do some business."

Not to discourage the 09 users from using their PM privledges. But you guys should at least skim through the thread before PMing. Or at least, PM something that's worth PMing. My inbox is getting bombarded with those questions that i can't even answer.

At first i thought it was coincidence, but really, it's not, all those questions i got were ALLLLLL from 09 USERS. So apparently, it just mean you guys haven't been around long enough and you're anxious and hyped up cuz of SF4, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind that, it's SF4 season right now, and stick builders as busy as hell.

i just sent you a pm saying this....

whadda say...?:wgrin:
  • miniiminii Mundo posts where he pleases! Joined: Posts: 543
    Problem is, its not cut or dry, and you make valid points, but Ill give you some insight since I been here a little longer.

And since your new, you might not be aware. But this forum is a great place to do business, alot of niche items, at normally very good prices can be found here. Most of the people I buy from or sell to, are great. Also I sell stuff occasionally, and everyone is really cool with me.

The proverbial timewaster I am referring to is simple, They ask me 100 questions on sticks, I sit down and explain everything, with like 15 minutes of my time x 500 of them, and they do the same thing to every single joystick maker, etc. That is a waste of all of our times. And is uncalled for. If your interested in my sticks, then you do business with me. I normally go out of my way to help people regardless if they are paying or not, but when I see them spamming every builders thread, they are out of here.

Also low balling is fine, its business, I do it myself, haggling is fun, the problem and what I am referring to, is someone who isn't buying anything, goes on your thread, and says X is to high, to low, etc. I mean if its a deliberate rip off, I can understand, IE 100% price increase, or seller is misleading something but if your not buying something, and dude is making 5 bucks more than normal, wtf are you bugging him etc? GTFO.

And think of this, theres what 20 custom joystick makers max, that are active here. Now look at the amount of people you see in SRK, imagine how many contact me sometimes, now I love talking to people, but deliberate time wasting is a no no. Especially since everyone loves the excuse I am interested in X item, etc.

So I can relate to people. I seen alot of times here, someone says, yo hold that for me. And the buyer backs out. I can understand both sides too. For example, I wanted some games from Macinsot, but I had to ask him what he had, and budget accordingly. I did not have enough to cover everything, so I occasionally pm him asking him if he has anything and try to see if I can cover it. I can see how thats a time waster, but I also did let him know upfront, that was what I was doing and that I didn't have money in hand. Since sometimes you only have X amount of disposable income per week. Especially now in these economic times.

Man I should be an AIG executive ;), I could use a government bonus right now

In reference to time wasters and people who end up going to all/multiple stick makers/sellers. Why not (for the main ones who are doing it alot) have some way to make notes on who has messaged you so that you can all keep track easily. That way if someones name pops up to all of you, you can simply just refuse to do business with him. Could be done in just notepad on some webspace that you lot all know about and can access.

For Example:

minii - ShaftAgent (21/3/09)
    minii - pc1x1 (21/3/09)

You could even keep track of the time and what they said but immediately you know this guys just gonna be a window shoper as he's going around everyone and their mothers.

Maybe useless, I dunno. It's just an idea but don't shoot me down. :(
    AE 2K12: Sakura
    SFxT: Law/Heihachi
    i just sent you a pm saying this....

whadda say...?:wgrin:

:annoy: <
    Whatever he's saying. LOL.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
    i can only imagine how many pms you guys get now x__-

Eh, many of the PMs he gets from 09ers are legitimate as well. I ordered a stick from Aaron almost a month ago now, and I'm glad I did - he's a stand up guy. Took all the time I needed to answer all my questions, and I know that when it arrives it will be a quality piece of craftsmanship that's exactly what I wanted.

Hell, getting onto his list was even worth the infraction you gave me for the completely bogus (and subsequently revoked) rule of no trading forum usage for six months, even as a buyer.

09ers get a pretty bad rap here, even if most of us have warranted it... it's not like nothing good can come out of an influx of users with SF4. Most of the OG folk seem to be in denial about that, though.
    Lol Lazeeya, the $50-60 pm is still going dude, thats pretty funny, I especially love when they say I am paying this amount and nothing you can do or say will persuade me to pay more, they been asking me for that since 2007, lol. I loved those pms.

In typical SRK fashion. Our responce!!

No.

Thats it, just no. :)
    フィリップ 日本語をいつの日か学ぶ
  • Riot GuardRiot Guard Sup Ken? Joined: Posts: 3,880

I would just say, "Now times that amount by 3.5 and you got a deal."
  • KooperKooper Need a dispenser here! Joined: Posts: 2,069 mod

:V

That's not 09' user talk, that's just plain stupid talk.
    :V

That's not 09' user talk, that's just plain stupid talk.

Yea def, its nothing personal on the 09 members, we got plently of cool new people joining our community as members, and thats the goal, to diversify our community and have as many resources as possible. Its just a few 09 members, fail to read the TOS, and lack neurons, :sweat:.
    フィリップ 日本語をいつの日か学ぶ
    Well I would just hope it's not held against all us new members - I have been reading SRK since before hyper fighting came out on live, but only after my fighting game collection expanding so quickly this year did I feel the need to register to buy a custom stick.

Also us 09s are not all low ballers, I've been trying to find a way just to bribe my into in a deposit slot for the next round of sticks (though the Canadian shipping address might have contributed to the lack of takers?)

- Ryan
    Well I would just hope it's not held against all us new members

Basically my sentiments, though with a huge influx of new people there's bound to be more annoying people than good. Hopefully we'll be judged on our individual merits than being grouped together as one entity of stupidity. I ask that you guys try your best to be patient with new members as I fear many people are nervous to ask things I assume, however obviously ridiculous questions I can understand. Though I think people need to be honest with why they came here, it's because of SF4, don't be silly and make up excuses why you didn't register beforehand, it's kinda lame. I mean I can be honest, SF4 looked awesome and Ryan told me to check out this site, so here I am. Hopefully some 2009 members will soon be seen as worthy eventually in the eyes of the general community, and not group to simply be avoided due to their join date.

More on topic, is there going to be any solid list formed? I'd like to know if there's any bad dealers who hide behind aged accounts that I should watch out for, as I have grown to love buying from you guys and blindly sending money to paypal addresses without a second though (but hey at least all my payments are lightning fast!).

Just looking out for the safety of myself and other new potential buyers here.
    ^ Well, as a buyer, you are more protected through paypal than a seller. Especially with international buyers, i've been burned before. Sent an expensive item overseas to a newly registered buyer on ebay (stupid me right). Guy says he never got the item, files a complaint to paypal.....and like magic, he gets his money back right away. And what do I get? lol, lost the money and the merchandise. And a few days later, this guy becomes an "unregistered" user on ebay and his paypal accoutn cancelled as well......geeze..i wonder what happened there.

but here on SRK is different, im almost willing to ship to anyone/anywhere, until that "trust" is broken by someone. then i'll be like "sorry, no international shipments anymore!"..... i've shipped quite a few sticks overseas, and so far, no problems yet.

and yes, having new users on SRK is great. some 09 are cool as hell, some are not. it's all common sense, some just dont have it.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
    ^ Well, as a buyer, you are more protected through paypal than a seller. Especially with international buyers, i've been burned before. Sent an expensive item overseas to a newly registered buyer on ebay (stupid me right). Guy says he never got the item, files a complaint to paypal.....and like magic, he gets his money back right away. And what do I get? lol, lost the money and the merchandise. And a few days later, this guy becomes an "unregistered" user on ebay and his paypal accoutn cancelled as well......geeze..i wonder what happened there.

Aw man yeah do I know what you mean. You should see what it's like trying to be an Amazon seller, it's even worse. If you sell something on Amazon all the person has to do is file an A to Z claim, they get their money back instantly, amazon lets them keep whatever they bought, AND they ban you for it. Then after that they ban all your family members and anyone who you may have connections with, it's insane. In the online shopping world it's always about protecting the buyer over the seller, sometimes to points I feel are unfair. Using big sites like ebay and amazon to sell custom made products like your arcade sticks is murder because it lets people complain that it wasn't made "to their expectations" much easier.

At least here on SRK we have a fanbase, everyone who comes here loves fighting games (usually) and because of that common interest we have a better sense of trust. Places like ebay/amazon are open to a huge market of people who are much dumber consumers and a much higher rate of con artists who do online ripping-off for a living. If I were to sell anything I'd muck rather sell it here on SRK (not that I can, wah :[ ) because of the community and sense of trust among it. That and you can really tell people aren't trying to rip you off around here.

but here on SRK is different, im almost willing to ship to anyone/anywhere, until that "trust" is broken by someone. then i'll be like "sorry, no international shipments anymore!"..... i've shipped quite a few sticks overseas, and so far, no problems yet.

and yes, having new users on SRK is great. some 09 are cool as hell, some are not. it's all common sense, some just dont have it.

Is delivery confirmation available for international orders?
    Well once the package is out of the country, I doubt that the company will provide shipping confirmation since that country loses their jurisdiction of tracking packages since it's going somewhere else in the world.
  • inControlinControl (Hit Box) Upa Joined: Posts: 287
    did you return it? he dude has a return policy
  • X_xX_x You mad? Joined: Posts: 468
    lol @ street "figter".
    AV made by muffin
  • amebix720amebix720 Joined: Posts: 209
    I had a bad experience on eBay with a joystick purchase and would like to warn others so that they don't make the same mistake. I saw this thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=181454

Thought it would be a bargain for $115.00

I was wrong.

I bought this joystick from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220379973728

When I received the joystick the buttons were popped out because of the poor packaging and when I plugged it into my xbox360 it did not respond and the whole thing is just a piece of junk. DO NOT BUY, it's not worth it. Everything about this joystick is horrible. Stay away.

Pics of the internal "wiring": http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=6380506&postcount=117

Now I'm out $115.00 and still stickless...

You should file with paypal. I had a similar experience recently where the stick was not working upon arrival. Even though the seller had no refunds on his auction, paypal refunded the cash from the seller's account.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively and that life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves.
    Thanks for the heads up amebix720.
    I'll prevent doing sales with him. :D
  • jeenyus1jeenyus1 Kuroda WIll Get Better @ SF4 Joined: Posts: 2,061
    You should file with paypal. I had a similar experience recently where the stick was not working upon arrival. Even though the seller had no refunds on his auction, paypal refunded the cash from the seller's account.

Yup, already have filed a claim but have to wait (7) days before I get a refund. What a hassle...
    XBL: JeenyusSF4

Well once the package is out of the country, I doubt that the company will provide shipping confirmation since that country loses their jurisdiction of tracking packages since it's going somewhere else in the world.

That's not entirely true... Canada post is really reliable about this kind of thing. If you do any business with them, it gets tracked from their initial office until it reaches country of destination. From there you don't hear anything until it reaches city of destination. Similar to how UPS does shit now. I have some parts coming from Denmark and I will let you know the tracking procedure as it continues.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively and that life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves.
    Yup, already have filed a claim but have to wait (7) days before I get a refund. What a hassle...

I feel your pain bro. That sucks, but at least you're getting some of your money back. I find that "lessons" like this can be beneficial in the long term. Sure, you're out of money now, but you know better than to do business with this guy and possibly paypal in general. It's like if you lend 5 bucks to a guy you know and you never hear from that dude again, it's probably better that you don't, because anyone willing to rip you off like that in the short term, can really fuck you over in the long term if allowed.
    As for paypal, I'm not too fond of paypal anymore, but it seems to be the best way to pay all of the people around here so I keep my account going. I'll get off my soapbox.:rock:
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,954
    I can't believe I have to do this, but in hindsight, I should've reported this guy the moment this thread opened. I want to add a certain Zal to the list as a HUGE time waster. Here's the story thus far.

Back in September, I got myself a HRAP2:SA, my first stick (which I love dearly). My friend and SFIII3S sparring partner saw my stick and said, "Hey dude, anyplace you know where I can get a Japanese style joystick but with buttons a lot less sensitive?" Thinking about where I would be able to buy one, Zal suddenly pops up on the Trade Outlet. I first thought it was my lucky day and I immediately placed an order with him which cost me $100.00. A month went by. Then another month. I began to question why nobody was getting their sticks since there were only 5 people on his active waiting list and only like 6 more on his passive one.

We (the buyers) eventually began to host negative feelings towards the guy. He kept on apologizing for the delay, saying that a lot of shit was going on and that he'd get our stuff shipped out. And we, being reasonable consumers, forgave him for the delay and even told him to take his time with it. Boy was that a mistake. This wouldn't have been so bad if the man didn't repeat a certain pattern for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT.

He would come in, give us a small update about all the crap that was going on in his life which was "preventing" him from building our sticks, we'd give him a bit more slack, he'd leave, then never show his face for two to three weeks and come in and apologize again and again. And it was finally around January that myself and many other people got fed up with him and demanded either immediate shipment of our allegedly "finished" products or a refund. Naturally, Zal didn't want to be absolutely hated, so he obliged. Somewhat. A few people got their sticks shipped out to them, and we were hopeful that the situation would sort itself out and we could leave this irritating seller behind.

It didn't happen. One would think that a refund would be a quick ordeal. Just send them back their money via Pay Pal and all things would be over. No, not in the case with Zal. Out of all the people who asked for a refund, only two I believe got their refund back in full and a small handful of others were left with squat. I was lucky and got a partial refund of $25.00 of $100.00 back. Again, we are very rational consumers. We grudgingly gave him some time to try and sort out his "money troubles" so that he could get back and pay us off in full.

Another month or so passes. I get back another $50.00, a good chunk of money finally back from my original payment. I was moderately content, but I wish he would've given me the full $75.00 and I went into Zal's thread to report it to the rest of the buyers. I was utterly shocked to learn that some of them were still waiting on him to give even a penny back. One user (I believe it was Rugedman, correct me if I'm wrong) was even still waiting on parts that he himself shipped to Zal to make an arcade stick with. Absolutely incredible! Zal didn't even ship him back his own rightful parts at that moment!

Another month passed and to this day, I'm STILL waiting on $25.00 of my payment and others are still waiting for their payment period! Even though I'm 100% confident he won't step foot inside the Trade Outlet again, I just want to report my story in case he does come back. Caveat emptor may be how the saying goes, but I don't want anyone else to suffer the same situation I was put into by a negligent seller and poor businessman.

PS: Sorry for the gigantic post. :xeye:

EDIT:

This is the contact info I know so far.

E-mail: mtvzach@gmail.com
    AIM: zal2021
    Phone: 505-231-1187

Rugedman or someone else from the thread probably knows his address, but I personally don't since it would be of little benefit from a Virginian to walk to the front door of a Californian house.
  • RugedmanRugedman Worst in 505 Joined: Posts: 1,427
    *SNIP*

No it was not me who sent him parts. I was the idiot who helped Zal get started wich was great since he had everything 95% complete before thanksgiving then decided to dissapear in which I had invested much time, parts, food and supplies and gave him extra money before I met him for a box so he good have gas money to make more boxes only for him to totally screw me and not fix my box that was so fucked up it was not functional amongst other ways he fucked me over.sorry same rant over and over.

Like I said in his thread you want his work number http://gc.guitarcenter.com/locations/store.cfm?store=410 people should mess with his money like he did others and call him at work until he pays up. Besides If he says he's working to much he should have money to pay people back I would think.
    "Pat, you are one of our worst players here, so keep quiet"Mamba quote

damn man. That's so lame man. Not only did he ripped you guys off, but he also made a few of the new 09er's skeptical about placing orders with other builders such as myself.

What's f'ed up is that, he has a JOB, and he can't refund you guys. That's so pathetic, all he has to do is pay you guys back on Paypal using his credit card and then he can slowly pay off his credit card. That's the least he could of done after screwing everyone over.

Dude, he's sooooo lucky I wasn't one of the buyers, cuz i got some CRAZY CRAZY friends in Alburquerque (they moved there cuz they were getting into too much trouble over here in San Diego). And we all know how small ALburquerque is, not hard at all to find a person. LOL. But, since im not involved, i guess i can't do shit about it. I just wanted to point out the fact that I'm sure he's got money to pay you guys back. I think he just simply doesnt want to.
    LaZeEy A's Customs
    I have to agree with Lazeeya on that one. It's all about priorities. If his priority was to pay his customers back instead of say going out to eat rather than cooking at home, that's fucked. I don't know about any of you guys but when it comes down to it, I can drum up cash if need be. It's not that hard. I think that he really just doesn't want to pay you back.
    I know he's not trying to pay anybody back dude was talking about how he works to much now and that was like 4 months ago so if he has a full time job then he has dough. Personally I just don't even want to look at the dude again but if someone gives me a reason to I'll drive 2 minutes to his work.

That's funny Lazeeya that your homies came here, everybody hides here when there in trouble probably why this cities so fucked up.
  • KojiroKojiro Old School Hero Joined: Posts: 828
    well, sales outside of the trading outlet is out of the srk jurisdiction. The trading outlet is restricted to users of 09 selling stuff. other than that, I know I used ebay when I wasn't able to sell anything here when I didn't meet the requirements.
  • KojiroKojiro Old School Hero Joined: Posts: 828
    well, sales outside of the trading outlet is out of the srk jurisdiction. The trading outlet is restricted to users of 09 selling stuff. other than that, I know I used ebay when I wasn't able to sell anything here when I didn't meet the requirements.

1. I never said he was trying to sell off the site. For one, he advertised in this post that he had one for sale:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=18213

2. In post 62 on the updated rules page, its clearly stated that users offering to sell through pm should be reported. Nowhere in the rules does it say that if your items are on ebay or whatever that you can still advertise them if you don't meet the date.

3. Anything onsite, be it pm or post, is the site's jurisdiction.
    Apa?
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 12,624 mod
    When we say 09 member cannot sell it includes through PM and posting their Ebay link on here.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • infamouskidinfamouskid LOVES VIDEO GAMES Joined: Posts: 610
    i had one of these users last night. such a pain to get time wasters.
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
  • Hazank0Hazank0 Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 1,198
    orochi jeebus was a good seller, he was just a tad short of perfect infact.

i ordered x/1999 manga 1-9 from him. fast to contact and ship, but I only got 1-5 and 7-9. To most this would be like okay right?

my thing is, even though it is only one missing volume, its right in the middle of the story. The principle is that I paid for 1-9, and did not receive 1-9.

He tells me he does not have 6. So As far as I am concerned, I now have a random assortment of X manga.
    Online Fighting games...no thanks.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, guys maybe you can help me out here...

I ordered an EX2 stick awhile back in February. The dude sent it in the same box it came in with no pads, newspaper, or any kind of support. So when i plugged it in to play it, 4 of the buttons would not work. I opened it up & notice the wires came off. He used solid wires so the copper parts came off the PCB due to the poor packaging when he ship it. I asked help from the Tech Forum http://216.246.50.234/showthread.php?t=176766&highlight=fubar but it was too techy for me to do.

3-15-09
    I told him the situation & asked what he can do. Refund or fix, he told me to send it & see if he can rewire it for me, so i agreed & sent the PCB to him. After a few pms, he told me he received it but wasn't able to fix it, he gave me an option of him buying another PCB or i can send one to him. So i decided to just send one since i have a couple of extra controllers...I sent him a new Xbox Wireless controller.

3-31-09
    He tells me he received the wireless controller & will have it out latest on Monday (4-06-09) busy due to school & end of the quarter. Well it was few days past MOnday & no response if he shipped or not, so I check out his status & notice he hasn't been on shoryuken in awhile so i search his xbox live account & pm him there.

4-10-09 He responds "
    Hey I'm really sorry about the wait... I will get it shipped out on Monday

I've been swamped with all sorts of outside stuff that I had to deal with... I'm not sure if you'll believe me... but my Aunt killed herself on Thursday... the news came as a shock to my family and as a result my mother as well as many of my relatives in the area have left for Korea...

Please understand... I'm in no means trying to scam you, or to annoy you in any way... I've just had quite a few problems and annoyances in real life...
    "

I can understand the loss of a family member so i just waited until Monday came around no pm or messages. I sent him messages through xbox live but does not respond to them despite seeing him online playing Resident Evil/ Guitar Heroes III...Its been over a week...

What should i do next?
  • jeenyus1jeenyus1 Kuroda WIll Get Better @ SF4 Joined: Posts: 2,061
    ^^

Damn that's messed up. I absolutely HATE when people ship things out with no protection ie: bubblewrap, newspaper etc.. It's common sense to do so.

But anyhow, since this happened in February I'm pretty sure you're window to open a PayPal dispute has long been passed unfortunately.

I'd keep emailing/contacting the guy and asking for your hacked pad + a partial refund for the long delay.
    XBL: JeenyusSF4

So he's too depressed to get back to you but makes time to play Guitar Hero. Classy.
  • EtotheNGSPDEtotheNGSPD Gief Power Joined: Posts: 881
    @ rcaido,
    dude, there is no excuses for not shipping your stuff back to you, first of all, its not your fault that his aunt killed herself, and second, he cant ship your stuff, or refund your money back, but he has all the time in the world to play Guitar Hero, and Help Chris Redfield on his quest to stop Alber Wesker's Evil plan to take over the world?. come on man, you gotta harass his A**.
    The Next time we meet im going to break your arms.
    Spun Uncontrollably Skyward... Driven Brutaly Into the Ground.
    Zangief's express line is Open who, is Next???
    Thanks to Luciano Leone, that AV is Fucking Awesome Bro.
  • BunzBunz ☱☰☴☲☯☵☶☷☳ Joined: Posts: 1,496 ✭✭
    I'm having a pretty big problem right now, which I know at least 2 others are experiencing as well.

The problem is with Byrdo.

Though I know he doesn't work through SRK, he is (or was) a big part of the community, so I figured I'd post here. Also because I don't have many other places to go.

Payed this guy in January for two sticks. Took him until April to be done with the main building of the sticks, and just had to paint them. Haven't heard from him since April 31st though. I even wrote a letter to his house two weeks ago, and nothing. Now I'm resorting to hitting up people on his myspace about it.

Does anyone know if this is a real issue, or if this is just how Byrdo works? Is anyone in contact with him? Has anyone been screwed by him before?

Can anyone on SRK give me some advice? He gave me his physical address, so I'd assume he isn't trying to scam me, due to fear of retribution. But still, this fucking sucks.

EDIT: Byrdo stated he's working on a few other people's sticks right now too. If you're reading this, please let me know who you are. Maybe we can share our information and get to the bottom of this situation.

Thanks.
    Byrdo usaullly takes awhile he does very, very good work I know a couple people in town that have his sticks including me. I also know he's hard to get a hold of but we live close enough to were we have just picked up from him. In any case I'm sure he's not scamming you and the wait is not surprising for a Byrdo stick is really something special in my opinion. Honestly I can't believe you put the godfather of stick building on the wall of shame.
  • BunzBunz ☱☰☴☲☯☵☶☷☳ Joined: Posts: 1,496 ✭✭
    I understand what you're saying. His sticks are REDICULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL. Not only that, but when he is in communication, he is really cool and very proffesional.

It's just that after paying over $500 to someone who lives in a different state, and not hearing from him for over a month, I kinda get worried.

EDIT: I appreciate your response BTW. I wasn't aware that Byrdo is regularly hard to get ahold of, and that such a wait is normal. Still, I think these few posts were useful in that they'll let people know to practice extreme patience when ordering from Byrdo.

I know it'll be worth it.
  • AL the greatAL the great jerking off to my av. Joined: Posts: 1,056
    sorry but i think Coatl has every right to be worried especially dropping that much. look at what happened with dj_matrix recently. im not trying to compare those two but he should at least stay communicated. that's alota cash.
    ST on LIVE all day everyday. come play me.