Baylor, Waco Fighters>?

MeLikeToSmashMeLikeToSmash Higher than my AttireJoined: Posts: 329
Where do people from the Waco area at Baylor post?
"Fight to learn, not to win, winning is simply the end result of that kind of practice."

Comments

• demeniondemenion Illegal Immigrant Joined: Posts: 53
    shut up
  • The ChiefThe Chief iGoHar... Joined: Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't think there are ANY players in Waco worth playing.

....waiting for someone to prove me wrong.:p
    *SRK Group - (TNM) The Non-Minorities - (209 niggas and counting)*
  • MvC2fanaticMvC2fanatic Joined: Posts: 264
    They post on GameFags.org

And I heard they play Street Fighter Alpha 1 over there. No marvel dawg.
    southern hospitality
  • MeLikeToSmashMeLikeToSmash Higher than my Attire Joined: Posts: 329
    I know there's somebody from the Waco area or someone from Baylor University in Waco who posts in here. I want in on Marvel action!
    "Fight to learn, not to win, winning is simply the end result of that kind of practice."
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Originally posted by MeLikeToSmash
    I know there's somebody from the Waco area or someone from Baylor University in Waco who posts in here. I want in on Marvel action!

um, my friend told me somone posted about playing in waco. I go to baylor and i play marvel, but i haven't played in a really fucking long time. Anyway, if you want to get some games in let me know. the last time i really played was in austin and that was long ago.
    He speaks!

Awesome! I should be attending in the Fall. Whenever I arrive, I will get info for gettogethers. Do you know anyone else at Baylor who plays 3S or Marvel? Where do you stay at Baylor during the year? I think I am in the Arbor Apartments, not sure yet.

What's the word on the local arcade scene?
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374
    Local Arcade scene sucks. We got a tilt at the mall. They have svc chaos,tekken 4,mvc2, and GGX2. We don't go to baylor, but we play all fighting games. Never played Marvel Vs Capcom 2 though. We really play Tekken 4, SFIII, CvS2,and SC 2. But we got alot of fighting games. Theres about 6 of us that play,and we're not scrubs. Just because its a small city doesn't mean we can't compete.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    there is no mvc2 comp in waco at all. last year i used to go to austin on certain weekends to play marvel b/c no one here really plays. as for other fighting games here, i don't really play much except marvel and even that i really just stopped playing. like i said though if you want to get some games in just let me know. oh, the joysticks for marvel get pretty messed up sometimes here so it kind of sucks. anyway, just letting you know whats up. oh shit, i almost forgot, i have some friends that stayed at the arbors last year, its a decent place, but why are you not in a dorm? just thought i would ask.
    OH AND WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WACO/BAYLOR THREAD :cool:

I'm in arbors because I applied late. I shoulda been in the new apartments/dorms place they built by the engineering building. Oh well, maybe I could switch out a little later.

I play a lil 3s, so I could game with you guys. Do yall have custom joysticks or what?

Since the arcade scene is dead, looks like I will be attending some FNF's in Dallas. Maybe even some tourneys in austin.

In most of my free time away from studying, I wanna get some games in whenever I can. Just something to do.

As for my dawg Chief, you guys should prove him wrong. Make a name for Waco on the Texas scene. I will definitely do my part. Im comin for you Chief!:
    Are there tournaments at baylor, ever? I've been waiting for friendly competion from other people. We don't have custom sticks yet,we're gonna build some though this summer, well mod our pelican sticks anyway. Not to jump ahead, but if turns out theres more people into the fighting genre. Maybe Waco could host their first tourney,surrounding area included(temple,hillsboro,etc..).
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Balyor = Rich stuck up faggots :eek:
    Once I get familiar with the area I am moving to, I should be down for any tournaments held nearby. As long as there is a Marvel v. Capcom 2 machine there for me to play on. HOPEFULLY WITH 360's.

I have my own custom joystick, and if you guys are looking for one, you should PM my homeboy DreadedFist. He specializes in making the sticks. That's my boy Phong up in D-Town.

nmbr1krush: I only play MVC2 competitively, but I have been seen experimenting with a little Third Strike.

Jason: What's this I hear about your MSP?:D
    There are a few MvC2 machines around, you'll have too look. I'll ploublay go on a little adventure to find machines Friday. Wacos a nice size city,the good thing you don't have to drive far to get places, the bad: not a big selection as a bigger city,but they're constantly building stuff now. I know there's alot of SF players out here, we had a tournament a year ago and about 30 folks showed, from just T.S.T.C,so there is potential. The hard part is getting the word out.

I've already ordered the buttons n joysticks,might go ahead and build a stick w/ the pelican pcb,but also want to include the dreamcast if possible.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Originally posted by nmbr1krush
    *snip*.

I don't want to play this game for a year and then all of a sudden quit. I always need my fix of Marvel or some kinda gaming every so often. Maybe 3S too.

Lemme know where the MVC2 machines are. What's TSTC?

My joystick is made for the ps2 with 6 button configuration, and a dreamcast converter. I probably have the sweetest art known to man on it courtesy of my homeboy in DFW. How far from Baylor do you guys live? I sure hope I dont have to be driving through trees and shit to get to peoples houses. :lol:

I've heard some stories about pelican sticks:lame: . I'm all about the 360's. Get a 360, theyre onsale at Happs for 25$
    I'm all about the 360's. Get a 360, theyre onsale at Happs for 25
    Doh!!! I ordered the comp sticks..dang, didn't know they were on sale. I'll ploubly order them anyway.

We dont live very far from Baylor. We just go down speight,get on I-35 take the exit n we're there, 5-7 minutes. Waco can be kinda confusing, but 10-15 minutes max for most places to get to.My friend lives in one of those apt complexes at baylor(forgot the name).

T.S.T.C is a local college. Tech school. They have tournaments there, but its always HALO:mad:it seems like !!! At gamecrazy they have tournaments,its every 2-4 weeks,its all games, not just fighting. They had a MvC2 tourney a few months ago from what my bro told me.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    the only mvc2 machine that i know of in waco is at richland mall. i play there sometimes. Um, as for mvc2 tournys in waco, i have never heard of any myself, but if there are some being held, it would be cool to play in them. hey, are you coming to baylor at all during the summer?
    I remember one at fuddruckers,hamburger place. I went scouting today. Got caught up in other things though. I forgot about Doc and Laddys, they might have it. Its not that far from me, I'll ploublay check it out. I did break down and buy the x-box version. It'll be my first time to really play MvC2, and I got project justice also.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Once you get a 360, you never wanna go back to anything else. Everything else is uncivilized. I should be coming on August move in. I think the date is Aug. 17.

How are these MVC2 machines? I have some stories about shitty machines. Oh boy do I! Stargate owns all in Texas, but there's gotta be one decent mvc2 machine somewhere.
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You didn't tell me you were going to Baylor, you fag!:p
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
    stick to the DFW thread Kingdom!:lol:
    It's slow here at work.......I got my buttons and 2 comp sticks today, i like the feel of them..gonna build 4 sticks, 2 for my friends..when i order the 360's for me and my bro. Still havent checked out the other place for MvC2 machines...btw my sis is going to baylor in the fall.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    i wanna see pix of the sticks you make.

It's almost time for some Baylor schoolin!:cool: :D
    I finished wiring my first pcb, and setup my ghetto stick,ill post a pic later. We got 2 dc for my two friends and gave them 3S,MvC2,and CvS2 for some serious play. Still searching for machines...................
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    parents jacked my joystick and dc away from me, saying i play too much. they hid it away somewhere in the house. i must search the house like google and find it monday. 20 years old mayn
    Lol, I remeber my folks did that when we played too much donkey kong country.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    So the arcade stick saga continues..........I got 4 wired pcb. The first one I wired doesnt work anymore. The second works,the 2 I soldered today doesnt work. I think I may have shorted something. I ruined my soldergun trying to replace the tip,ened ripping the wires out,I never read instructions:cool: .So I had to solder with my dad's elephant soldering gun. I cut all my board, but it was raggdy I gave up. I'll let my uncle cut em' nxt week.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    I need a job on campus at Baylor
    I need a job on campus at Baylor
    pimp hoes, moron!:p
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
    pimpin hos is guaranteed. Two have already IM'd me, and I havent even enrolled. Must be the transfer orientation pimpin!:cool:
    I KNOW yall aint got nothin to do in Waco so yall need to check out this tournament.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1703490#post1703490
    Hey, thanks for letting us know. We'll be there for sure.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Cool. Itll be good to see you guys there. This tournament is gonna be great! Let me know if you guys come down before then. Id like to meet yall.
    Strictly Marvel!
    hey, i live in Georgetown and mainly play in Austin but i haven't played in a while cept DC version and i would head to Waco for a tournament. My Cuzin goes to TSTC so it wouldn't b a prob. Jus let me kno what's goin on down there, oh yeah, i play MvC2 and 3rd Strike.

Scottsummers - don't know if you remember me, but I was always there in Austin with my cousin, we whurr the youngest ones there. He played a lot of Cable and screwed around with Spiderman. I played a lot of Sentinal and screwed around with Dan. I'm about your height and i'm Spanish. Your names Jason right?
    gangsta indian!
    gangsta indian!
    talkin' to yourself!:p
    So you coming a few weeks Smash? Been working up on 3S? My brother is the only who really plays marvel. I think theres some dude who goes to tilt n is good, from what I hear. Right now we're gearing up on CvS2 n 3S, for that tourney in Austin. Maybe we could get some games up at tilt, meet n great fellow srk peeps.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Dan - I don't think there will be any good tourneys here, if any. I hear TSTC has em sometimes. Hopefully, eventually, maybe one day will do something local like Waco-Temple area type thing.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Do you attend Baylor or just live in the area krush? I'm looking forward to playing some Marvel. I havent played much at all during this break. I need to get in the scheme of things but then I should be back in no time. I may not be able to bring my joystick right away when I move in. Parents are coming and they hate me playing video games. So I gotta be smooth in the delivery if I bring it. Would anyone have an extra one for me to use? How far is this tilt from campus?

As long as we can get 8+ players for any game, we can have weeklies! I have had a limited experience running weeklies from watching friends. Fairly simple, but we need cooperation from the local arcade owner for maintenance and reasonable times/days for running them.

Krush do you know Scottsummers? I think his name is Jason Perez or something. That might be the guy at Tilt.

3S is my second tier game. Technically I hate it. I only play because friends always get on my ass for playing marvel hours upon hours without getting bored. I will play cvs2. But i really know nothing about the game. I'm thinking about getting into ggxx. Who knows:lol:

19th is move in. Whenever I get setup, I will post for games. PO

You guys got AIM or MSN messenger?
    I don't go to Baylor, my sis was gonna go, but she decieded to go to MCC n then transfer. But I live like 6 minutes away from campus, so it no big deal. Tilt from Baylor, not that far. You take I-35 south, then get onto Highway 6 north/loop 340, take the waco dr/highway 84 exit, get on the bridge, go straight n then theres tha mall. Maybe 10 minutes. Everythings close somewhat.

My bro siad the guy he played was a skinny white dude. He played him today AND GOT KILLED. I know a Jason Perez, but I doubt its him. If he went to Univeristy, then it may one of two Jason Perez's. Duno about extra sticks...doesnt take long to make em...maybe a few hours, excluding art work.

CvS2 and 3s are the biggies here at tha TURTLE SHOP. We got guilty gear, we tried to get into it, but I dunno. But we play all fighters, and we got alot of em. Usually we do home tournaments..but just character tournys. See who the best char is..LOL..its fun, because we take sides and then it gets personal. I HATE M.BISON and E.HONDA!!!! We have fun, but we want to play at competivly. You play at high level?

my aim is NMBR3KRUSH
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    dan- yeah i remember you dude. i dont know about any tournies in waco for marvel anytime soon but if i do i will let you know. oh, and yeah my name is jason perez.

hey guys, well i was at the tilt today playing msp as usual. um, nmbr1krush, i have no idea if i have played your brother or not. the player you heard about was prolly me. Anyway, i will most likely show up at tilt tom. oh yeah, what team did the white dude your brother play use? just curious b/c i might know the guy. dont know for sure though. um, i don't think that i have ever met you before at tilt though.

melikestosmash- whenever you come here, let me know if you want to get some games in. like i said, i havent played in a while, but its always fun to play some new comp.
    Scott- He played a guy that used magento,storm, and he forgot who who else, might be cable. He siad it didnt take long for him to lose. MY bro and his friends went about 5-6. My bro picked the wolverines and stryder, and his friend picked cactus dude,thanos,and tha mummy guy.I go to the mall whenever I have free time, I usually play SVC. Damn I wish they still had CvS2. I barely see anyone play GG2, just sits by itself. My brother jsut recently started playing mvc2 like 2 months ago. If you seen my bro or me, 2 tall mexican dudes, w/ glasses, with real short hair n fades. He's the thinner one, I'm the bigger one. LOL. BTw, what highschool you go to, or did move here for college?
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    krush- i am pretty sure it was me that played your bro that day b/c i remember playing a dude with 2 wolvs and strider and then his friend who played me using the cactus dude. yeah, i was using my fav team of mag/storm/psy . um, i go to baylor here in waco. when i go to the tilt i mainly play mvc2. Anyway, just thought i would let you know whats up.
    Phat! Imma be up there opn the 19th. Dunno if I will have my joystick though. But Im always up for games. PO
    Phat! Imma be up there opn the 19th. Dunno if I will have my joystick though. But Im always up for games. PO
    Marcus, you have your WORK CUT OUT for you! Waco needs some ML2S blood!:p

Good luck at Baylor, bro. And you'd BETTER COME to FnF's or something!:mad:
    ML2S?!:confused:
    ML2S??????? Que???
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Redemption is at hand. :eek:
    Hey Mash -
    When you come down you should give us pointers on MVC2. Last night 5 of us spent like 3 hours playing MVC2, did'nt know how fun it was until last night. Rest of the time we were playing random fighting games till like 2 in the morn. If you wanna meet us at tilt, just give us a time, we'll show up.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Let's game on Sunday. I should have something rigged up by then. I cannot go too far from campus so I hope you guys live close. Hook me up with times you guys can play on Sunday anytime.

Perez: Where do yuo live?