Baylor, Waco Fighters>?

Comments

• ihiryuihiryu Diet Balrog Player !KTB-BC! Joined: Posts: 3,495
    Welcome! SOrry can't help ya though lol.
    "Go f*** yourself." MGX Dudders
  • CynosureCynosure Joined: Posts: 193
    I've been learning marvel for a few days, which has cause several of the buttons on my stick to stop firing. It must have been damaged in the move. Anybody know if/where I can have it repaired around here? I might have to get a new one before I can get some games in with people. Also, Waco is boring!
    Hey everybody. I'm a recent freshman here at Baylor. I just got back from that 'Big Event' thing which was insanely packed. Anyway, I play mostly Marvel, P4A, and a little bit of SF4AE but i'm always willing to try new things. I'm pretty scrub at the games I do play anyway. One quick question though. I'm in Penland and I need some help setting up Live in my room. Anyone know how to do that?

Hey man, welcome! I'm a grad student at Baylor and I just moved here about 2-3 weeks ago with my girlfriend, we live a couple blocks off campus on 4th street. I assume Penland is a residence hall? When I was in college we usually had to email the university's IT department and give them our xbox's MAC address, so they could add the room to the list of accepted users. Baylor's policy might be different, but I'd try sending them an email.
    Ha ha, nice. What kind of stick are you using? Probably just needs new buttons.

Oh! We're having a get together next month in Hewitt.

This the facebook event page

http://www.facebook.com/events/147498785389249/147773438695117/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

I hope that's right lol
  • br00talBUSBYbr00talBUSBY Joined: Posts: 105
    Hey everybody. I'm a recent freshman here at Baylor. I just got back from that 'Big Event' thing which was insanely packed. Anyway, I play mostly Marvel, P4A, and a little bit of SF4AE but i'm always willing to try new things. I'm pretty scrub at the games I do play anyway. One quick question though. I'm in Penland and I need some help setting up Live in my room. Anyone know how to do that?

Welcome to Baylor! If you are looking for good AE and Marvel competition I believe we are going to start having weekly meet ups at either my place or a friend's new apartment. My name is Chaz Busby if you would like to add me on facebook. I think I might have to create a group for Waco/Baylor players if we get enough interest.

As for the xbl situation, I remember having to get the MAC address from your computer and then inputting it manually in the xbox setup. Then, every time you want to get on live you have to plug the ethernet into your laptop, sign in to your account and then plug into the Xbox. It was a hassle and always booted us after a certain amount of time, but that's the best we could figure out.
  • DeusNasuDeusNasu Chimichangas! Joined: Posts: 33
    Ha ha, nice. What kind of stick are you using? Probably just needs new buttons.

http://www.facebook.com/events/147498785389249/147773438695117/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

I hope that's right lol
    Sweet, I didn't know about this. I can bring a PS3 + ASUS setup as well. I may have a DJ gig around that time, though, so it's tentative (Promoter said near the end of September).

Anything going on this weekend? I have no out of town plans.

Welcome DustyGreen, I may have a few extra buttons that still work.
    - DeusNasu

"Muahahah, Magneto... welcome to die!"
    Finally this thread is getting some life into it.

If you started a FB page, we'd have to be sure to link it on here since this thread would officially die.
  • twigstertwigster Joined: Posts: 583

Nice, I'll definitely be there.
    If you are looking for good AE and Marvel competition I believe we are going to start having weekly meet ups at either my place or a friend's new apartment.

When were you planning on starting those?
    I'm also curious when the weeklies will start. Chaz how many set ups do you have?
    Weeklies will most likely start as soon as this weekend, either Friday or Saturday at my friend's new apartment. We will have two xbox setups with asus monitors, and possibly a third on a tiny tiny crt if absolutely needed. Just created the facebook group (invite only, so friend one of us on facebook to get in)

As much as I like SRK, I've found facebook groups work a lot better for organizing things. Also it's a little less weird meeting at a strangers apartment if you've creeped on them through facebook a bit :3
    ha ha true true.

Whatever happened James? That guy still around?
    ha ha true true.

Whatever happened James? That guy still around?

James is currently at my house playing Marvel. He'll be here all semester
    Man you guys need to hit me up some time. However, this weekend won't be so good for me, I've got an engagement party this saturday, and sunday I'll be celebrating my birthday. So next weekend coming?
  • ViciousVicious Joined: Posts: 1
    ihiryu! This is James lol I moved back to Virginia for the summer but I'm back :D when are we gonna get some games in dood? We never did get together to play :/
    Man you guys need to hit me up some time. However, this weekend won't be so good for me, I've got an engagement party this saturday, and sunday I'll be celebrating my birthday. So next weekend coming?

I'll ask Jonathan if he will be hosting next week coming. I'm going to be in Ft. Worth for UCC. You should be too!
    For real bro, well this weekend won't be good for me James. Next week seems bad for everyone since UCC.

We're having our event in September, so I guess that will be the latest. Chaz, shoot me a PM with your number, you too james, I lost your numbers when I flashed a new rom to it :(
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,031
    So who the hell's place I'm gonna be invading later this evening?
    Only heard through co-worker that it'll be this joint on S 10th street or some mess around 7-8 p.m.

I'd use Facebook, but shit don't hold my interest.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • pascoe254pascoe254 Joined: Posts: 10
    woah theres actually people who play in waco? i've played fighting games since i was little but never anyone good to play with but a few family members. Would like to get some real competition so i can actually get better!im 19 btw so im not to much of a youngin.
    Tight, send me or Busby a private message with your info on facebook and we'll add you to the group.

What games do you play, and what system?
    i run everything on 360 Gt:Pascoe254
    i play marvel 3, AE:2012, and a little sfxt(but sadly losing interest in the game)
    been planning on getting into persona and KOF but just havn't gotten around to buying a copy.
    Sorry I don't have a GT, PS3 only. The other guys have GT's though
    Welcome Pascoe, do you use FB? We recently started a FB group to post when we are hosting casual gaming nights. It's usually a Friday or Saturday night. We play UMvC3, AE:2012, 3S and miscellaneous others.

360 GT: DeusNasu
    - DeusNasu

Yeah I PM'd ihiryu my fb already!
    3s you say??oh man those skills are defiantly rusty!
    So I'm going to post here and on FB, but seems like a few guys from K Town are willing to come up and play some games this Friday. I won't know until later this week, but I wanted to see if you guys were okay with that before I started making plans to session together
    Yeah I PM'd ihiryu my fb already!
    3s you say??oh man those skills are defiantly rusty!
    I don't play 3S or AE:2012, I main UMvC3 and a little JoJos.
    - DeusNasu

Play third strike, it's a good game.
    It's good, but it's no ST
    I'd for sure get into some 3s.
    I think this is a good place as any to ask, Does anybody here know someone or can dual mod a TE stick themselves locally?
    We've got a guy here in town that can do it. Also there's a guy in Dallas that can do it also
    Thats cool, I needa get mine modded before the 15th since I only have Xbox sticks.
    Bump
    Next week guys! See you at the Ramada Inn!!!

How was it last night?
    Forgive my ignorance - what's going on next weekend?
    We're hosting at the Ramada Inn for games.
    Will be thar again Sunday for the rest of em.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

Ranbats will start next week and will be every other week. This was to work with the waco guys since they come every other week so we have some other people to play and rank up with. It will be 4 weeks and there will be payout and prizes. $5 venue and $5 per game.

Just letting anyone who isn't a part of the facebook page know. We're running Marvel, AE, P4A and Tag2
    Going to be hosting games at my place tomorrow (Friday), and we are going to have a $2, winner takes all, special rules Marvel tournament! Rules are as follows:

-Before the tournament begins, each player random selects a whole team. This is your team for the tournament.
    -You may reroll ONE character. You must stick with the new character that you randomed.
    -You may adjust your order and assists however you choose. The fun part will be seeing how everyone adapts to their shitty teams >:]
    -Double elimination
    -I'll be keeping track of everyones teams and the brackets in challonge
    -Keep your team a secret until matches begin

Killeen is making the drive down so all Waco players better show!
    Again, my address is 1914 Unit A S. 15th, Waco, TX 76706
    my number is 214-673-2072

Show up any time after 7, and we will probably start the tourney around 9 or 10. If you are going to be late, text me and we can always wait until you get here.
    Yeah I'll prolly head on over Friday.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,

• mp3burnmp3burn Joined: Posts: 377
    I got candy and chips if anybody is interested! :b
  • WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 991
    Are people still people Crapcom games? Just wondering. :(
  • mp3burnmp3burn Joined: Posts: 377
    Will be hitting up on some fighters again, tis time this legend rises to the top, I done sent requests to all I know hurry up and accept already!
  • Caveman1094Caveman1094 Joined: Posts: 29
    Will be hitting up on some fighters again, tis time this legend rises to the top, I done sent requests to all I know hurry up and accept already!
    I have been looking for some people to play Marvel with (mostly competitively) but if your in the Waco area I would enjoy joining ya for anything casual.
    Are you guys in the facebook group?
    I am not, what is it called?
    just goes to a content unavailable page
    I'll add you to the group, just send me (Todd Longbottom) a message on Facebook.
    Just sent ya one.
    Did not receive your message sir.
    Well I will send it again, be sure to check the "Other" section in your messages as that's where non friend messages go.
    Baylor, Waco Fighters>?