Baylor, Waco Fighters>?

Comments

• mp3burnmp3burn Joined: Posts: 377
    Watup DeusNasu, glad to see there are still waco players here, what games do you play?
  • DeusNasuDeusNasu Chimichangas! Joined: Posts: 33
    SF4 mainly. A little MvC2 and HDRemix.
    - DeusNasu

"Muahahah, Magneto... welcome to die!"
    Just a reminder everybody, tournament at Lansharx May 6 2010, and I just got confirmation that they will in fact have consoles setup up front so that you can use your arcade sticks if you have one that you want to bring, I for one am glad they are doing this, hope to see yall there:karate:
  • takeurlife2takeurlife2 Joined: Posts: 129
    if anyone is interested in a balls out weekend, ive got a tourney coming up in may

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=231183&p=8663119

if you bring a full setup, ill pay for your food.
    Noah
    Stu Pickles
    Denton House of Marvel.
  • AirbrushKingAirbrushKing AirbrushKing.net Joined: Posts: 2,028
    What up everybody? Thank you to all who came and supported cali vs texas. Had alot of fun and now im fully recovered from that tournament so its time for Test Your Skills 9. It will feature the original lineup and some hyped money matches in mvc2 and 3rd strike. Post up to confirm your attendance cause this will be an event you wont want to miss. Hope to see everyone there-> http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=228679
    GIS-Avatar.gif
    Those are all great venues, Waco peeps represent.
    Happy Birthday Krush!:party:
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,393
    wtf.

Just ran back in here after hearing about that LanSharx tournament goin on.
    I already like the intial "rule" (you can FINALLY bring your own controller/arcade stick!)

Interestingly enough, 2 days after that, SpecialFX at Richland Mall is hosting an SSF4 tourney. Don't know whether people will be able to bring their own goodies...
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    wtf.

Just ran back in here after hearing about that LanSharx tournament goin on.
    I already like the intial "rule" (you can FINALLY bring your own controller/arcade stick!)

Interestingly enough, 2 days after that, SpecialFX at Richland Mall is hosting an SSF4 tourney. Don't know whether people will be able to bring their own goodies...

Prolly going to be on the PsTriple, I hope not though, Ima go and check it out either ways, maybe I'll see whoever there.
  • WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 1,017
    I'll roll through around 7 :30 pm or so to see how many of you lost in that Lanharx tourney. Last person to get eliminated gets some ice cream. :v
  • TekkzTekkz Joined: Posts: 125
    Richland mall? SSF4? wat? gravy imma have to come down for that damn i miss Tilt! yall waco boys need to get out come to dallas and get the bizness.... im from waco and everytime i visit i be wantin to get some gaming in.. where yall be playin at?
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374
    Happy Birthday Krush!:party:

thanks mang, hey yo we're going to austin this weekend for a tourney.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    Just to let everybody know, I no longer play video games, I sold everything. Im solely into watching other people play video games, I found that I am good at coaching and cheering people on, this is my true life's calling so if anyone is looking to hire me for this, you can pay me in donuts.
    Hell yeah I just got me a Sega Genesis today with lots of games:rock:
    Waco TX, SSF4 tournament, 6pm today, fighters from all over the world will be there, including the world warrior.
    Anybody up for some KOF98 UM?
  • WeechoWeecho Hardcore Lurker Joined: Posts: 1,017
    Did you win teh tournament? :v
    I fell asleep after coming home from work so I missed it, meh I dont know why they did it during the week most people work during the week anyways.
  • The MC CluskyThe MC Clusky Ultra Arcade Community Manager Joined: Posts: 1,138
    Hey guys, throwing a tournament in July, would love to see you guys come down.

Alamo City Gaming Championship: SSF4, MW2, RB2 @ Pat O Brien's, San Antonio TX, 7/24

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=237345&p=8919446#post8919446
    facebook.com/ultraarcade
    twitter.com/ultra_arcade
    www.ultraarcade.com
    Xbox 360 is better than the Ps3.
  • yungb254yungb254 EarthBound Joined: Posts: 628
    hey joe when you making it up here to dtown again? Give us a call or a pm.
    Yeah definitely fasho main.
  • UltimatekaosUltimatekaos Joined: Posts: 67
    ok? i assume there is a legitamit reason for this post?
    huh! whaaa whats up new guy
  • spotted rhinospotted rhino Joined: Posts: 20
    Anyone have any idea of a SSFIV tournament in Waco? I've checked the tournaments section and of course there are none--but are there any outside of that?
    You ain't a boss, sucker-you gotta work to be a boss --Del
    nope there are none just get togethers from time to time.
  • yungb254yungb254 EarthBound Joined: Posts: 628
    I'm sure there are enough people in Waco and surrounding areas to start up another scene, or at least everyone get together and throw a small tournament. Someone just needs to step up.

I know there are tournaments that go down in killeen every once in a while, not that far of a drive either.
    Killeen would be his best bet for SSF4. Your more likely to play SNK players in Waco, SVC chaos is played often at the richland mall on friday nights and saturday nights, MvC2 was getting played but died out sometime a while ago.
    This vid goes out to Nmbr1krush! :)

keeping the thread alive gggrrraaaaahhhhhhh!
  • pkrstdntpkrstdnt Joined: Posts: 802
    Texas BAR FIGHTS Tournament

8 Screens: The same ones used at EVO to ensure NO LAG and that the tournament moves along quickly. Each screen has their own set of separate speakers so everyone can hear everything. HUGE venue with plenty of room and lots of good food and beer!

Top 8 played on a Head 2 Head set up and projected onto a big screen!

When:
    Saturday, August 28th

Where:
    Back Porch Grill and Tavern
    210 N. Main St.
    Grapevine, TX. 76051

What time:
    Tournament starts @ 2pm!!!

Entry Fees/Games:
    There will be a one time $5 venue fee when you sign up.

SSF4
    $10 on Xbox
    Tekken 6
    $10 on PS3
    BlazBlue:CS---$10 on Xbox

The tournament format is Double Elimination for all games. Pot split 70/20/10

Please, please, PLEASE eat and drink lots of alcohol at the venue. Back Porch Grill and Tavern has a great menu full of really good food and lots of beers/shots to choose from.

--Jeff and Kent

Tournament Link: http://shoryuken.com/f7/texas-bar-fights-tournament-dallas-tx-244091/#post9209629
    DFW Fight Club
    ***UCC***
    uppercutcircuit.com
    Im making this top priority to go.
    i gots to go to this as well--ive yet to become even decent at super IV but i like tournaments anyhow
  • pkrstdntpkrstdnt Joined: Posts: 802
    Texas BAR FIGHTS Tournament (Dallas, TX)
    *** TEXAS BAR FIGHTS ***
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/texas-bar-fights-tournament-dallas-tx-244091/

--When--
    Saturday, August 28th

Tournament starts @ 2:00 PM!!!

--Where--
    Back Porch Grill and Tavern
    210 N. Main St.
    Grapevine, TX. 76051

--Entry Fees/Games--
    There will be a one time $5 venue fee when you sign up.

SSF4
    $10 on Xbox
    Tekken 6
    $10 on PS3
    BlazBlue:CS --- $10 on Xbox

The tournament format is Double Elimination for all games. Pot split 70/20/10

--Details--
    8 Screens: The same ones used at EVO to ensure NO LAG and that the tournament moves along quickly. Each screen has their own set of separate speakers so everyone can hear everything. HUGE venue with plenty of room and lots of good food and beer!

Top 8 Played on a Head to Head set up and projected onto a big screen!

Please, please, PLEASE eat and drink lots of alcohol at the venue. Back Porch Grill and Tavern has a great menu full of really good food and lots of beers/shots to choose from.

--Jeff (pkrstdnt) and Kent (FocusFlute)
    DFW Fight Club
    ***UCC***
    uppercutcircuit.com
  • FocusfluteFocusflute Joined: Posts: 294
    TX Bar Fights August 28th! Check the Southwest Tournament and Events Page!

Just to clarify--if we have enough time for 2v2 after singles (and we should have plenty!), it will be $10 per team ($5 per each player) to go straight into the pot.

We had a ton of positive response for previous tournaments and this one so we are pretty excited!
    DFW Fight Club: Weekly games and tournaments; check the first post for more info here:
    http://shoryuken.com/f25/dtx-thread-version-5-1-a-118738/#post3318291
    ***UCC*** May 7-8 DFW, TX
  • br00talBUSBYbr00talBUSBY Joined: Posts: 105
    If anyone lives in the Waco area and wants to do some gaming hit me up. I live pretty close to Baylor and would be down for trying to set up some tournaments if there are enough people here who would come out.
    I live around tstc and don't know anyone who plays. You'd think at least a few people who live in Waco would post here, but that's not really the case. Any tournaments or practice would be good though.
  • br00talBUSBYbr00talBUSBY Joined: Posts: 105
    Yeah I would think more people in Waco would play. Last year I heard about a tournament at TSTC but I didn't end up checking it out. There was also a free tournament at the FX games in the mall that my roommate and I went to, but it was only one setup on PS3 with broken wireless controllers only. Seemed like a few good players were there but it was hard to tell since there was so much input delay on the setup. Maybe we can rally up enough people on this thread and set up a get together.
  • DeusNasuDeusNasu Chimichangas! Joined: Posts: 33
    I still play, just never check these forums that often. I'm usually down for casuals and tourneys. My time is limited to weekends only, though. I play online during the week, but not for long (maybe an hour).

DeusNasu on 360 and PS3
    - DeusNasu

"Muahahah, Magneto... welcome to die!"
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374
    good luck in reviving the scene. we had a good thing going for awhile then everyone did their own thing.
    Think. Block. Have fun.