Converter Compatibility Thread

KyleKyle PS-14-GangstaJoined: Posts: 4,707 mod
Read the FAQ before posting! :bluu:

There is not a converter for using a TE on a system other than the one it was designed for.

There is no USB to anything older. No USB to PS2, Dreamcast, etc. You must mod your stick with a MC Cthulhu or a second PCB.

If you want a stick that works on both Xbox 360 and PS3 (And PS2, Dreamcast, etc.) get a PS2 stick like a HRAP or Namco. You can then use converters to adapt it to various systems.

You can not plug a random USB controller or converter into either the Xbox 360 or PS2. The Xbox 360 only works with Xbox controllers due to its security scheme. The PS2 was never designed to accept it.

The PS3 can use HID compliant (driverless) USB controllers for PS3 and PS1 games (not PS2). This makes the USB Saturn pads worth getting. Beware of bootlegs.

The PS1 Dual Shock has the best compatibility with converters. If you are building a custom stick then these are the way to go. The original, non-analog controllers have problems with most converters and are not recommended if you can avoid them.

Most custom PS1/PS2 sticks were made with Sony PCBs. When submitting a compatilibility report open your stick and see what kind of pad is inside. The Dual Shock pads have analog sticks. The original Digital pads do not.

There are three versions of the SFAC stick. Unscrew the bottom of the case to check the PCB before purchasing an adapter. Check next to the system cable for the voltage. It will read either 3.5V 7.5V or 8V. This number is indicated in the listing below whenever possible.

Please test your converter if it can be connected to a PC:

If you purchase a converter that's USB (PS2 to PS3, etc.) and want to test it for lag (on Windows) then download this application developed by SRK member Colac. It's straightforward to use once you get the hang of it.
To accurately test your adapter/converter, you need to:

1) Turn off vertical sync in your graphics card settings.

2) Using a key on your keyboard to run through the program once and record down the input lag time from your keyboard.

3) Plug your gamepad and stick through the adapter that you want to test into your PC. Then, use programs like (xpadder) to map a button on your gamepad or stick to the SAME key that you tested in step one. Run the program and record down the input lag again.

4) Subtract the two results you got from previous steps. If the difference is less than 2 ms (i.e., stick input lag - keyboard input lag <= 2ms), then your adapter can be considered as lag free.

PS2 to PS3/USB

Note: Sony is at it again with 3.5. The Real and HAIS are reportedly done for.

The 2.7 firmware update rendered the Sumoto and TAC adapters unusable with the PS3. This was corrected with 2.8. I'm hesitant to recommend them in light of this but they are working again.

The majority of these converters should also work on a PC without drivers (InPin, Pelican). If you only care about PC compatibility then the Super Joy Box 3 Pro was highly recommended. It does not work on the PS3.

*Recommended* InPin: This is the best option that's readily available. It's sold by exclusively by SRK member laugh. Visit his eTokki shop to order one.
Compatible with: Sony PS2, PS1 DS, MAS, HRAP Series, Namco PS1, SFAC 3.5
Incompatible with: SFAC 8V?, certain PS1 Digitals

*Recommended* Pelican: People claim that these are the only adapter to feature code from Sony. They have excellent compatibility with the exception of PS1 digital PCBs. They're by far the most expensive ($50+) but can occasionally be found used at GameStop for a few dollars.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, HRAP 2, SFAC 3.5, Namco PS1, Saulabi
Incompatible with: PS1 Digital, SFAC 7.5V

HVG2: These are reportedly a good converter if your stick has a analog capabilities; like a custom with a PS1 DS. It will not work with a digital PCB like most consumer sticks have (HRAP).
Compatible With: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, Hori Fighting Stick, SFAC 3.5V, 7.5V
Incompatible with: PS1 Digital, Namco PS1, HRAP Series, Tekken 5, Pelican PS2, SFAC Pad
Reviews: Riotblade

DragonPlus: There were conflicting reports on this adapter. Most of its owners reported it as lagless. Press Up+Select for Home.
Compatible with: HRAP 2/SA, Namco PS1
Incompatible with: PS1 Digital, Tekken 5 stick

Cablesforpc: This is the one to get for owners of the SFAC stick with an 8V PCB. It allows two PS2 controllers to be connected.
Compatible with: PS1 DS, SFAC 3.5V, 8V, HRAP 1
Incompatible with: SFAC 7.5V
Reviews: Annihilationscape

Sumoto: These were reported as the best adapter for Sony digital PCBs (original pads without analog sticks). A few users have claimed they're lagless, and I haven't seen a negative review on them yet.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, PS1 Digital, Tekken 5, Pelican Universal, Pelican PS2, Ascii PS1, SFAC Pad
Incompatible with:

TAC: These were reported to work well with SFAC and HRAP series. MarkMan and others reported that it has issues so I would avoid it in favor of something else. Hold Analog for Home.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, SFAC 3.5V, HRAP 1, HRAP 2/SA
Incompatible with: PS1 Digital

Real (Incompatible with 3.5): These were once all the rage but are now discontinued. They notably do not work with PS2 DS controllers.
Compatible with: PS1 DS, HRAP 2/SA, Namco PS1, SFAC, SFAC Pad
Incompatible with: PS2 DS

Hais (Incompatible with 3.5): These reportedly work well and include a PS2 memory card reader. They have taken Sumoto's place as a solid/budget converter. Press Analog or Up+Select for XMB. Hold Up+Select for Home.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, PS1 Digital, SFAC, SFAC pad, Saturn PS2 pad, Namco PS1, Tekken 5
Incompatible with: SFAC 8V, Pelican Universal
Reviews: Canto

PS2/3 to Xbox 360

*Recommended* Controller Converter Pro by Blaze (?): This is an unmarked converter that is similar in appearance to the Blaze PS2-360. It notably does not require a 360 controller for passthrough. It reportedly works well with a HRAP3 and features similar compatibility to the Blaze.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS3 DS3, HRAP3, HRAP2, Namco T5, SFAC Pad
Incompatible with: MadCatz TE and SE, Pelican Universal

PS2 to Xbox 360

*Recommended* PS&PS2 to 360 converter (Xtokki360) by Tinybee: These converters, originally sold through Focalprice, are the best available option for PS2 to 360. They do not require an Xbox 360 controller for passthrough like the others listed below. They are also the only converter to feature a headset jack. They are sold by SRK member laugh. He is the recommended supplier because of Focalprice's questionable shipping. Analog or Select + L3 for Guide.
Compatible with: PS1 Digital, PS1 DS, PS2 DS, HRAP Series, Namco, Tekken 5, MC Cthulhu, Mayflash PS2/PS3, Tekken 4, Fighting Stick PS, ASCII Stick 3
Incompatible with:
Reviews: kaioshade, DrgnAK

The following converters require a wired 360 controller to bypass Microsoft's security scheme. A wireless controller with a Play & Charge cable will not work. Read Ikagi-chan's post for more information. The Blaze and Xtokki360 above feature a Microsoft security chip to bypass this requirement.

*Recommended* Xconverter 360 by Joytron: These were the best option until the introduction of the Xtokki360. They are now discontinued. Previously sold by SRK member laugh who brought us the InPin. Analog = Guide.
Compatible with: PS1 Digital, PS1 DS, PS2 DS, HRAP Series, Tekken 5, MAS, Namco, SFAC 3.5, SFAC Controller
Incompatible with:
Reviews: laugh, Ikagi-chan, Gamecop

*Recommended* BlazePro: These Hong Kong converters can be had for $10 on eBay. They are basically superseded by the PS3 to 360 converter listed above.
Compatible with: PS1 Digital, PS1 DS, PS2 DS, HRAP Series, Namco, SFAC 3.5, SFAC Controller, Saturn PS2 pad, Blaze Twin Shock
Incompatible with:
Reviews: Source thread

Max Shooter by Mayflash: These work great except for an issue with simultaneous key presses. Pressing corresponding buttons, for example: Right+Circle will cause the converter to freeze until another button is pressed.
Compatible with: PS1 Digital, PS1 DS, PS2 DS, HRAP 1, SFAC 3.5V, SFAC Pad, Saturn PS2 pad, Namco PS1
Incompatible with: HRAP 2, SFAC 8V

XFPS by XCM: There are a few revisions of this adapter but I can't recommend it at all. It reportedly lags and/or drops input even with a real Sony PS1 or PS2 controller. The OP repeatedly trashes them earlier on in the thread. There are 10 negative posts for every positive I could find. Read this, this, this, this, this, and this before deciding to spend your money on one of these.
Compatible with: Sony PS2, PS1 DS
Incompatible with: Namco PS1, HRAP 2

Xbox 360 to PS3

Cross Battle Adapter by XCM: MarkMan confirmed that this drops inputs similar to the XFPS. People with 360 sticks should look into adding a Cthulhu PCB (Photos) for PS3 compatibility.
Compatible with:
Incompatible with:

PS2 to DC

*Recommended* Total Control Plus: These are usually recommended since they're readily available. Toggle the switches on it to change the triggers.
Compatible with: Sony DS 2, HRAP, HRAP 2, SFAC, Tekken 5
Incompatible with: Some MAS sticks

*Recommended* Dream Connection 2 by Innovation (original URL, sold out): These as reportedly the best converters but are expensive and hard to come by. The SFAC Pad isn't recommended because it treats L1 and R1 (the HP/HK buttons) as the same button.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, PS1 Digital, SFAC 3.5V, SFAC Pad, HRAP 2/SA, Tekken 5, Pelican PS2
Incompatible with: SFAC 8V

PS2 to GameCube/Wii

*Recommended* Cube JoyBox Pro by Mayflash: These are the most commonly recommended converters for GC. They work with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on Wii.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, PS1 Digital, HRAP 1, HRAP 2/SA, MAS, Namco PS1, Tekken 5, SFAC 3.5V, SFAC Controller
Incompatible with:

Magic Path II by EMS: These apparently work equally as well as the Cube JoyBox. They're also reported to work fine with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, HRAP
Incompatible with:

Game Elements (eBay): This is the converter I've happily used for years. It works great on the GameCube/Wii as well as the Xbox. ArcadeStickMonk used it as well.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, SFAC 3.5V, HRAP 2 SA, MAS
Incompatible with: PS1 Digital (works on Xbox) SFAC 8V, Tekken 5 (Works on Xbox), SFAC Controller

PS2 to Xbox

*Recommended* Xbox Magic Box: These are lag free and the Saturn port is awesome. It went completely nuts when I plugged in my PS1 DS stick.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 Digital, HRAP, HRAP 2 SA
Incompatible with: PS1 DS, SFAC Pad, SFAC 8V

*Recommended* Game Elements: These work very well. See the GameCube section above.
Compatible with: PS2 DS, PS1 DS, PS1 Digital, SFAC 3.5V, SFAC Pad, HRAP 2 SA, MAS, Tekken 5
Incompatible with: SFAC 8V, Directional issues w/3rd Strike

X-Connection by Innovation: I would think the Innovation name would guarantee this one a winner, but it reportedly doesn't work with certain games or the HRAP 2.
Compatible with:
Incompatible with: HRAP 2

PS2 to Saturn, SNES, etc.

A company called ToToTEK makes a wide variety of PS2 to classic system adapters. There's one for 3DO, Neo-Geo, Famicom (NES), FC2003 (?), Saturn, GameCube, SNES, PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16), and Genesis (Mega Drive). They reportedly work well from everything I've read.

Saturn to Xbox

*Recommended* Xbox Magic Box: This works great with an official Sega pad. There isn't a Select button for Insert Coin but some Xbox emulators like FB Alpha allow it to be remapped. Only problem is that they're hard to find.
Compatible with: Model 2 (Japanese style) Sega Saturn Pad
Incompatible with: Nights Analog Pad

Saturn to PS2

*Recommended* Keio Console Converters: These are a godsend for people wanting to use their Saturn pads on other systems. They can be chained to other converters for use on the Xbox 360, PS3, etc.
Compatible with: Model 2 (Japanese style) Sega Saturn Pad, HSS-0130
Incompatible with:

Xbox to USB (Not PS3)

The original Xbox uses a USB connector with a funky male end. Female Xbox to male USB adapters can be had on eBay for a few dollars. No conversion is necessary. This reportedly works fine for the SFAC stick.

Xbox 360 to USB (Not PS3)

Xbox 360 sticks/controllers work fine on Windows using Microsoft's drivers. They're available for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
6-Button is cooler
8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure

Comments

• KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,707 mod
    Here's tl613's original post for reference:

As shoo has requested, here is the thread that will list the best adapters/converters for the most commonly asked about and used systems. At this point in time this is by no means the definitive thread about this topic, but hopefully with the help and combined knowledge of the SRK community we can turn this into one.

If I have missed anything or made any mistakes feel free to post or PM and I will update this as soon as I can. So enough talk let's get the ball rolling...

***PS1/2 to PS3***

inPin ~ $20 + Shipping
    No website, send a pm to SRK member laugh
    Pros : Works just as well as a Pelican (MarkMan), is not discontinued, much cheaper and easier to get
    Cons : Only available in Korea of from laugh (but he is cool so don't worry :tup:)

Pelican ~ $???
    Pros : Works perfectly, backwards compatible, also with PC
    Cons : Discontinured and extremely hard to find.

Real (Jaxel) ~ $15 shipped
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YGH3RS/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
    http://mycarryingcase.com/PS3-PS2-USB-Adaptor-Cable-PS2/M/B00116SUUO.htm
    Pros : Works as well as a Pelican with all types of PCBs
    Cons : Does not work well with PS2 Dualshocks (MarkMan).

DragonPlus ~ $8.95 + Shipping
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zq-49-en-70-2noo.html
    Pros : Cheap, lagless (Demonbird, Ex0dUs27)
    Cons : Mixed reviews on Play-Asia, ships from China, struggles with multiple inputs (Hiroshirou)

***PS1/2 to XBox***

Magic Box ~ $30
    Pros : No lag
    Cons : Trying to find one

DreamBox (Yead Dood 120%) ~ $15 + Shipping
    http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?pName=dreambox-ps2-xbox-pad-converter
    Pros : Works with Sony PCBs, has headset jack.
    Cons : Compatibilty with other PCBs? ie. HRAPs, SFACs, T5s, etc.

X Connection (JubeiNinja69) ~ $9.99 + Shipping
    http://innovation1.com/
    Pros : Works with almost all fighting games
    Cons : Doesn't work with Capcom Fighting Evolution (which sucks anyway)

***PS1/2 to XBox360***

XFPS 3.0 Sniper Plus ~ $90 +Shipping
    http://www.totalconsole.com/servlet/the-227/xfps-xcm-360-sniper/Detail
    Pros : Lagless (stupid_nerd, Markman) unless PCB is digital only (Markman).
    Cons : Expensive

***PS1/2 to Dreamcast***

Dream Connection II ~ $30
    Pros : No lag
    Cons : Trying to find one

Total Control Plus ~ $18.90 + Shipping
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-h5-49-en-70-en.html
    Pros : Readily available
    Cons : Multiple SRKers reporting this does not work with recent MAS sticks.

***PS1/2 to PC***

PC Joybox 3in1 (Cheesey) - $14.90 +Shipping
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-77-7-49-en-15-super%2Bjoybox-70-1hv.html
    Pros : Also works with Dreamcast and Saturn controllers
    Cons : Some users report noticeable delay

Super Joy Box 3 Pro ~ $8.90 + Shipping
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-15-super%2Bjoybox%2B3-70-qc2.html
    Pros : Works flawlessly with many PCBs
    Cons : Does not work on PS3

***PS1/2 to Older Stuff***

Saturn : Tototek (Cheesey) ~ $15 + shipping
    http://www.tototek.com
    Pros : Works perfectly
    Cons : Odd button mapping

NeoGeo : Tototek (Pablo_the_Mex) ~ $15 + shipping
    http://www.tototek.com
    Pros : Works with Sony PCBs
    Cons : Does not work with SFAC, other PCBs may be questionable

Gamecube : Cube Joybox Pro - $7.90 + shipping
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-g4-49-en-70-14p.html
    Pros : Works with Sony PCBs, works on Wii
    Cons : Works well ONLY with Sony PCBs

***Test Your Adapter!***

colac has come up with a program that will show you how many ms it takes for the computer to respond to your controller on the PC. Multiple SRKers have tried it already, so don't worry about a virus or spyware. Here is the direct link to download it:

cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~cheguo/Files/InputLagTestor.zip

Note from colac:

To accurately test your adapter/converter, you need to:

1) Using a key on your keyboard to run through the program once and record down the input lag time from your keyboard.

2) Plug your gamepad and stick through the adapter that you want to test into your PC. Then, use programs like (xpadder) to map a button on your gamepad or stick to the SAME key that you tested in step one. Run the program and record down the input lag again.

3) Subtract the two results you got from previous steps. If the difference is less than 2 ms (i.e., stick input lag - keyboard input lag <= 2ms), then your adapter can be considered as lag free.

***Random Notes***

As of right now there is nothing that will let you use PS3 controllers of any sort on a PS1 or 2. This also pertains to anything with a USB connection.

Not all USB items are compatible even if there is a USB plug. PS3 and 360 controllers will work on a PC, but PS3 or any other controller WILL NOT work on a 360.

Keep in mind that performance of some adapters also depends on the PCB of your stick. For example, some adapters will work perfectly if you are using an official Sony PCB, but if you are using a HRAP or SFAC for instance, you may experience lag or other problems.

If there is an adapter you are interested in that is not in this list, please post here instead of making a new thread! Don't make shoo mad! If there is enough interest in it PM me and I will add it to this post.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• raeliraeli Showtime! Joined: Posts: 3,893
    Xbox to USB

The original Xbox uses a USB connector with a funky male end. Female Xbox to male USB adapters can be had on eBay for a few dollars. No conversion is necessary. This reportedly works fine for the SFAC stick.

So.. then they work PS3 as well?

niiice.
    @themightyraeli
    I'm free.
    So.. then they work PS3 as well?

niiice.
    That question immediately sprung to my mind when I saw that. The SFAC stick is so hit and miss (doesn't work on InPin) that it would be nice if people could get a $5 Xbox to USB adapter and be done with it.

My problem is that my SFAC is now using a PS1 DS and 360 PCB. I may order one, hook my original PCB back up and test it.

Here's an eBay link for an example. This guy has a ton of them for $7 with free shipping.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• x_tremerx_tremer XBL: inphinit3 Joined: Posts: 437
    That question immediately sprung to my mind when I saw that. The SFAC stick is so hit and miss (doesn't work on InPin) that it would be nice if people could get a $5 Xbox to USB adapter and be done with it.

My problem is that my SFAC is now using a PS1 DS and 360 PCB. I may order one, hook my original PCB back up and test it.

Here's an eBay link for an example. This guy has a ton of them for $7 with free shipping.

acutally it won't work, the original xbox controller requires drivers.
    acutally it won't work, the original xbox controller requires drivers.
    Good to know. Thank you. I'll update the original post to say as much.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• raeliraeli Showtime! Joined: Posts: 3,893
    Bummer.

You win this round Microsoft.

And every other round, too.

Except for that round about you being a monopoly, and getting broken down.
    @themightyraeli
    I'm free.
  • SolidStealthSolidStealth Joined: Posts: 5
    so the inpin will not work with both the green and yellow pcbs on the SFAC?
  • HaruspexHaruspex Joined: Posts: 71
    This is the highest input lag in all those tests...

Keyboard-Arcade Stick=Total input lag

Keyboard input lag
    6.39 ms

Arcade Stick input lag
    6.11 ms

Why i always get ~16 ms input lag regardless of which device i used?

I tried my keyboard, PS2 Controller connected to PC via adapter and the Logitech G5 and i always had ~16 ms input lag.
  • LuscheLusche gets pwnd by scrubs Joined: Posts: 283
    Why i always get ~16 ms input lag regardless of which device i used?

I tried my keyboard, PS2 Controller connected to PC via adapter and the Logitech G5 and i always had ~16 ms input lag.

i guess you have a TFT with 60hz ? cause 1/60hz = 16ms
    try it on a crt or try to disable ?vsync? <- i hope it was the vsync or some other option within your graphic driver
    not even worth to be called a scrub ...
    MarkMan got it and initial impressions aren't good.
    Awesome, thank you. I hadn't seen this. He waited forever to receive it.
    so the inpin will not work with both the green and yellow pcbs on the SFAC?
    I've seen three or four posts saying that it did not work. It's possible they all had the green pcb. Hopefully someone can confirm this.
    Here is an input lag test for the TAC PS2-PS3 adapter with a Street Fighter 15th anniversary stick by Nubytech, I've posted this a couple of times already.
    Thanks. Can you double check this:
    From what I noticed, the lag frame drops occur when trying to input a directional motion in quick succession + a button input (dashing jabs, also shining wizards).
    It sounds like it would lag with a Shoryuken. Can you confirm that you haven't experienced any screwiness like that? Could you also test it with a PS2 controller, PS1 DS and an old PS1 Digital pad if you have them? There wasn't much information on it.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• HaruspexHaruspex Joined: Posts: 71
    i guess you have a TFT with 60hz ? cause 1/60hz = 16ms
    try it on a crt or try to disable ?vsync? <- i hope it was the vsync or some other option within your graphic driver

Thank you, that was the case! I will post results of my adapter later.
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 730
    How about a PS3 to Xbox 360 Converter..like hacking a 360 wired PCB & adding USB port to it..to allow it work with HID Controllers like the USB Saturn Pad
  • TwinnissTwinniss Joined: Posts: 748
    The game elements converter actually had a problem with a third party PSX controller(It didnt have any analog sticks on it) I had. Inputs weren't registering correctly (up becomes start bla bla bla).

It crapped out though so i threw it away and got some sony psx pads.

Just a mention.
    A single Pot buster does 45% damage on Chipp with full life.

The game elements converter actually had a problem with a third party PSX controller(It didnt have any analog sticks on it) I had. Inputs weren't registering correctly (up becomes start bla bla bla).
    Yeah, the controllers without analog sticks have problems with almost all of the converters. I probably sound a little biased toward those GE, but I've been using two of them on my Xbox for the past 3-4 years.

I'll go grab an original PS1 controller without the analogs tomorrow from the pawn shop for testing. I had one in storage but I couldn't find it. My HRAP 2 SA should also (hopefully) be in. I'll test it on the adapters I have as well.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• TawlerTawler Joined: Posts: 61
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639
    good job.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
    I can finally test my SFAC (yellow) again thanks to this abomination I tossed together today. :lol: My HRAP 2 SA can't get here soon enough.

shoebox.jpg
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

The HRAP 2 SA came in this afternoon and worked with all of my converters so I updated the OP. Unfortunately there was a problem with the PCB and it's now (hopefully) going back to the seller. :sad: Blah! I'll order a new one if I get another one of these.

Does anyone know if the HRAP 2 and SA use the same PCB? It sounds like a dumb question because I would assume they do.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• BigEd80BigEd80 Jap Stick Hustla :) Joined: Posts: 449
    You know TL613 had a thread like this already
    Eddierizzle representin H-town, TX
    3rd Strike (Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li)
    Tekken 6: BR Nina all the way
    SF4: Ken and Sagat
    GGXX/Reload/Slash/AC (KY)
    You know TL613 had a thread like this already
    I thought this would have come up sooner but I'll gladly address it. Check the last 20 pages of that thread (I continue to post there). My name is spammed all over the place. The OP hasn't touched it in six months and I got tired of repeatedly trying to convince people that the XFPS is a terrible product. I spent a full two days compiling everything that you see here. I'm trying to establish the converter X works with stick X.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• sir_arthursir_arthur Joined: Posts: 1,541
    good stuff, the other one was flooded with the same questions over and over.
    USF4 - Rufus/Sim
    KOF 13 - Duo Lon/EX Iori/Shen
    Thanks. Is that Pelican stick specifically made for the PS2 or is it the Universal with Xbox/GameCube support? I have that Innovation converter and it definitely doesn't lag.

I picked up an oldschool PS1 digital pad yesterday that I'll test later today. It sounds like they may all hate it.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Anyone know if wireless PS1/2 controllers work with PS1-to-PS3/Xbox/GC adapters?
    I don't own any wireless PS2 controllers but I'll get one if they're cheap enough. What's a decent one that has rumble? The Logitechs? Wal-mart carried these at one point but I'm not sure if they still sell PS2 accessories. I can check out GameStop as well after work.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• faux123faux123 Tryin' Cammy Harder Joined: Posts: 1,069
    OK, I will contribute my 2 cents.

Sumoto PS2->PS3 adapters works on:

PSX (pure) digital PCB
    PS2 Dual Shock PCB
    Pelican Real Arcade Universal PCB

All lagless using Sumoto.

SmartJoy PS2->DC adapter's been tested with:

PSX (pure) digital PCB

lagless and no problem

Innovation PS2->DC adapter's been tested with:

PSX (pure) digital PCB

lagless and trouble free.

I have photos of these on my site. Feel free to use them here to help ID the adapters.
    Visit WWW.CANONSPIKE.COM for complete joystick modding tutorials :sweat:
    :mp:+:mk::r::r::dp::hp::hk::mp:+:mk::r::r::dp::hk::mp:+:mk::l::l::qcf::qcf::3k: FTW!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/faux123
    Syxx573 - "Charge characters can never reach their full potential...because they're always holding back"
    OK, I will contribute my 2 cents.
    Thanks, I added the info on the Sumoto and Innovation. I hadn't seen that DC converter before so I'll see what I can dig up on it later.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• FunkyFFunkyF Still Scrubby Joined: Posts: 300
    this thread is a godsend, thanks OP!
    [Insert witty signature]
  • ulovemikerochulovemikeroch Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Here are input lag test results for 8 buttons on the SFAC stick with a TAC adapter. Please note that I left out the start and select buttons, these buttons don't really need a lag test plus the buttons work fine.
    Formula: keyboard-arcade stick=average ms

1) 7.78-7.58=.20 ms
    2) 7.7-7.23=.47 ms
    3) 34-6.98=.36 ms
    4) 7.49-7.32=.17 ms
    5) 7.58-7.2=.38 ms
    6) 7.4-7.09=.31 ms
    7) 7.87-7.25=.62 ms
    8) 7.85-7.25=.60 ms

Average input lag=.38 ms
    FAIL because the TAC has been proven to lag.

Kyle, are the results of your front page the same tested results from Tl613's, and you just copied and pasted + rewrote or did you test them yourself/ see the reviews of others. Because there are only a few people I would trust for testing converters and the ones on tl613's first page are all legit and proven.
    Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Hey guys, I noticed in this thread that some converters work with the Namco Arcade stick. I still have a Hori Real Arcade PS (psone) stick, which if I remember correctly, came out around the same time. Is that what is referred to as a HRAP1? Do converters work fine with it?
    Yep, HRAP 1 is the original Hori Real Arcade.
    FAIL because the TAC has been proven to lag.

Kyle, are the results of your front page the same tested results from Tl613's, and you just copied and pasted + rewrote or did you test them yourself/ see the reviews of others. Because there are only a few people I would trust for testing converters and the ones on tl613's first page are all legit and proven.
    Look at my write-up for the TAC converter. It's not even recommended and is the last one listed because of MarkMan's review. I have no reason to doubt that it works fine for the SFAC.

If you see something wrong, tell me and I'll fix it... even more so if I've recommended something that sucks. The countless converters that people claimed lagged or dropped input are not even listed here with the exception of the prominent ones like the XFPS.

Here's the reason this thread exists:
    tl613 wrote:
    XFPS 3.0 Sniper Plus ~ $90 +Shipping
    http://www.totalconsole.com/servlet/the-227/xfps-xcm-360-sniper/Detail
    Pros : Lagless (stupid_nerd, Markman) unless PCB is digital only (Markman).
    Cons : Expensive
    tl613 wrote:

If I can save someone $90 from buying that godawful thing then I've done well.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• Edg3Edg3 Ground Games ='[ Joined: Posts: 323
    HVG2 Adapters at Frys are 14.99 + Tax. It's lag free and it's a PS2 to PS3 Adapter. Just tested it today and it's lag free. However I believe it only supports Analog PCBs.
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭
    My Radioshack PS2/USB adapter works lag free with the PSX digital pad, and works with SF4. However i did get issues with Tekken 5:DR to register the directional inputs.

My pelican adapter has the digital pad stuck at downright, but all the inputs work.
  • BigEd80BigEd80 Jap Stick Hustla :) Joined: Posts: 449
    Hey guys, I noticed in this thread that some converters work with the Namco Arcade stick. I still have a Hori Real Arcade PS (psone) stick, which if I remember correctly, came out around the same time. Is that what is referred to as a HRAP1? Do converters work fine with it?

Kyle,

The hori real arcade ps stick is not the hori real arcade pro 1 stick. Hori Real Arcade PS stick was released during the lifetime of the PS1 while the Hori Real Arcade Pro 1 was released in July 2004 according to hori's site.
    Eddierizzle representin H-town, TX
    3rd Strike (Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li)
    Tekken 6: BR Nina all the way
    SF4: Ken and Sagat
    GGXX/Reload/Slash/AC (KY)
  • maduhbeemaduhbee Joined: Posts: 128
    I have TAC and it DOES NOT work with psx digital
    Hi Kyle im have harp for ps2 looking good converter to ps3...
    Inpin is outstock...
    Hais ??? not have any confiremd reviews....
    Tac ??? is really godd?

im dont whant buy 2 converter whant oly 1 the best...
    Post in the Trading Outlet and ask to buy an InPin or Pelican. Both are selling regularly in there.
    HVG2 Adapters at Frys are 14.99 + Tax. It's lag free and it's a PS2 to PS3 Adapter. Just tested it today and it's lag free. However I believe it only supports Analog PCBs.
    Have a link or a picture? I'll look into these when I have some time.
    My Radioshack PS2/USB adapter works lag free with the PSX digital pad, and works with SF4. However i did get issues with Tekken 5:DR to register the directional inputs.
    I had a RadioShack adapter that didn't work at all with the PS3. I couldn't figure out how to classify these so we're going to need pictures.
    Kyle,

The hori real arcade ps stick is not the hori real arcade pro 1 stick. Hori Real Arcade PS stick was released during the lifetime of the PS1 while the Hori Real Arcade Pro 1 was released in July 2004 according to hori's site.
    Thanks for the correction. I'll plea ignorance in that case. People usually said that it worked with either their HRAP or HRAP 1. I'd need to know if there's a difference in their PCB or hear from someone who owns both. I would imagine that they're similar enough to have the same compatibility.
    I have TAC and it DOES NOT work with psx digital
    Thanks, I'll add this.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    BigEd80 and Kyle: thanks for clearing things up for me. I bought a Logic3 ps2-ps3 adapter, seems to work properly with my aforementioned psone Hori. It also works fine with my friend's Namco Stick. I doubt peeps still use sticks that old, though. I'll test it some more this weekend.
    the HAIS works with my Namco stick which should be PS1 Digital I'm assuming? Other pros are the PS button and the memory card reader. Short cable though, tho that's pretty typical.
    Thanks and added. The digital is actually the original controller that shipped with the PS1.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• Edg3Edg3 Ground Games ='[ Joined: Posts: 323
    I'll post a picture later today.

Edit: Found a link. HVG2 Converter
    Thanks. I added it. MarkMan's review made that simple.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• TiberiousTiberious Oh noes! Teh FURRY! Joined: Posts: 983
    I'm getting one of the Hais adaptors, so Ill be able to test it with a digital PS1 board (in my stick). We'll see if it's compatible or drops inputs.

I'm hoping it's the answer, 'cause I really don't want to have to try to find an InPin or Pelican (InPin is sold out, and the Pelicans are expensive), or wait 'til Laugh gets his new kind in.
    I write about games. Current post about the PS3's hacking.
    http://one-step-back.blogspot.com/
    The Sumoto adapter worked very well with the Hori Tekken 5 stick. I tested it with Alpha Anthology and had no issues at all, the button mapping was even spot on.

I'll try it with some other controllers tomorrow.
  • BadMojoBadMojo Joined: Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Does the Sumoto come with vibration support? It does have a PS button though right?

Since the inPins are still out of stock I might go with either that or the HAIS. However the list doesn't say if they're compatible with a PS1 DS. Can anyone confirm they do or do not?

Also everyone who've tested converters for lag are you all testing for dropped inputs as well? I mean, you only have to press one button for that input test program, but during actual gameplay you're moving the stick and pressing multiple buttons in quick succession. Might create lag.
  • DexaDexa Joined: Posts: 98
    ive just finished testing my custom psx1 pcb arcade stick with the xfps 3. for me it seems to work lag free on pc and 360. didnt have any problems with missing inputs or something.

(there realy seem to be differences with the pcbs. i have used a scph-1200 H pcb.)
    ^ Does the Sumoto come with vibration support? It does have a PS button though right?

Also everyone who've tested converters for lag are you all testing for dropped inputs as well? I mean, you only have to press one button for that input test program, but during actual gameplay you're moving the stick and pressing multiple buttons in quick succession. Might create lag.

I haven't tried the Sumoto with a Dual Shock yet, just a Hori Tekken 5 stick, and it does have a PS button, as well as 4 directional buttons (?). As for dropped inputs I haven't taken it into training mode yet, but I used it for gameplay and did special moves, combos and 3 button supers without issue for over an hour. I'll make a little time to run it through the wringer later, but my initial impression is very good.
  • JeremyXGamingJeremyXGaming Joined: Posts: 44
    Perhaps I can help a bit, I have most of these adapters.

HAIS: Press Up+Select on the D-PAD to access the XMB menu. Press the DualShock's Analog button or press and hold Up+Select to access the PS system menu. This one has a PS button on the adapter, 4 LEDs, and a memory card slot.

Yobo: Works the same as HAIS except has no PS button on the adapter, LEDs, or mem card slot.

The Ant Commandos/Rock Commandos: Press the Analog button to access the XMB menu, press and hold the Analog button to access the system menu. Up+Select does nothing. This one has 4 LEDs.

Hyperkin: Press the Analog button once to access the XMB menu, double-press the Analog button to access the system menu. This one has 4 LEDs. Up+Select does nothing.

Sumoto: same as Hyperkin but also has a PS button on the actual adapter along with 4 directional buttons (so you can use the menus from the adapter itself). This one has 4 LEDs. Up+Select does nothing.

Tinybee: Press the Analog button once or Press Up+Select to access the XMB menu, double-press the Analog button or Press and hold Up+Select to access the system menu. This one has 4 LEDs.

PC Type: These adapters were made for PC USB (not PS3), and have no PS button functions. You don't have to activate these adapters like you do with all of the others above (I think that these adapters are seen by the system as a PS2 gamepad, whereas the others are seen as a PS3 gamepad). The Analog button acts as just that. The DragonPlus v1, Super Dual Box Advance (Jietron), and PIII Model 538 are all this type. As far as I can tell, any PS2-PC USB adapter will work like this.
    My buddy grabbed a HVG2... it's a no go on the Tekken 5 or Pelican PS2 sticks. Took that suckaa back!!

Still liking the Sumoto tho. Lots of tests for it tomorrow!
    Perhaps I can help a bit, I have most of these adapters.
    Thanks for the uber post. I'll get all this added once I have some spare quality time.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• HaiDuongRiceManHaiDuongRiceMan Psycho...ABORTION Joined: Posts: 1,504
    Looks like mine is a PS1 Digital PCB. Will look to buy a Sumoto adapter and see if it works on PS3...
    Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums....

Av by savaii64.
    So I finally put the Sumoto PS2/PS3 converter I got from Omega Collectibles off ebay through it's paces tonight. Used 3rd Strike as my test game this time. The test was:

Use Akuma in training mode - do every special from both sides, use combos with cancels into a Goushoryu super art, throws, taunts and Shun Goku Satsu from both sides.

Results:

Hori Tekken 5 Anniversary - No issues
    Pelican Real Arcade PS2 - No issues
    Sony Dual Shock 2 - No issues
    Nuby Street Fighter Anniversary Pad - No issues
    PS1 Ascii Stick PS - No issues
    Sony Dual Shock - No issues
    GameStop PS1 Dual Analog Controller - No issues

Now I'm no serious tournament player, but DO I know what a laggy stick feels like, and I really couldn't be more impressed with this converter. It's taken everything I've thrown at it and hasn't even hiccuped, and that includes just swapping controllers and sticks all willy-nilly all night to see if I could feel a difference. I haven't used the other good one yet, but I can't see it being too much better than this.

Quality seems good, the cable is a little short but not too stubby, and it doesn't support rumble. That's really the only down side I can see to the Sumoto!
  • TwinnissTwinniss Joined: Posts: 748
    someone send one to markman for extensive heavy testing and for a follow up review

we could have the new pelican/real/inPin
    A single Pot buster does 45% damage on Chipp with full life.

I had a busy weekend without much opportunity to troll SRK. The OP should pretty much be up to date with everyone's submissions. I also added some PS1 Digital testing I did as well as other info I've come across. Thanks for all of the recent posts.

Yobo: I'll get this one added soon since a few people apparently own it.
    Hyperkin, Tinybee: I couldn't find enough posts on these to do a write-up.

MarkMan also mentioned that this thread may get merged into the other converter thread. Obviously that hasn't happened but I hope I still have the ability to edit my posts.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• CantoCanto www.yousefq8.com Joined: Posts: 1,546
    I'll buy a HAIS (dealextreme) and test it out. I was going to go with the sumoto but the hais select+up feature is a really great feature. The REAL adapter has the same feature and I use it all the time! If the HAIS works just as good as my REAL I'll be selling my REAL and be buying a couple HAIS!

It should be noted that the REAL is kinda flimsy. It unhooks out of the USB socket really quickly.. as in it doesn't hold tight. Also, I left one in the car for an hour and the USB head melted.. seems to be made of cheap aluminium or something lol.