"Put down the Flowchart, Scrub!" Ken Video Thread

IkaruIkaru Registered ProJoined: Posts: 1,233
*Update for 4-26-2011* - Added Super video footage, AE footage with proper times and more descriptions of each video.

*Update for 7-15-2011* - Anyone with recommended Ken players on PSN please PM me so I can update the list for ps3 users!

Recommended players to follow:

XBOX360
NA:
lilsicx66
Ikaru Montoya(Man Whut)
Banana Ken PR
JoontheBaboon
Tea Boss Legend
xxLost Legendxx
MOMOHUBBY
BSIDA916

EU:
x G77 x
GetTheFruit
RageMiska
BloodKain
Ghettorico77
Devilka1n
Endboss NL

JP:
Levisstrauss1829
green212
Playerjun52
KichijyojiKEN
maikeru tan00
KEN SHIROU 777
step1091x
asyan989/syain989
MILD COCOA
gameinn
teichouken
yosinani
bpnoATM
totalheads
haraXbox360
LuminousMasaki
daimoomiad
NoFuture MOMOKO
Zero3 Rokkou
ingING626
itsshowtime360

PS3
it-s_show_time
SPRUCE123
saip
kakio_panya

ARCADE
Ichi
wao
Emilio
Inoue
Momochi
Dragonboy
Sutoraikusan
ebichi
- Alright so I guess I'm in charge of the video thread now and I'll start it off strong! There'll be four sections. Vanilla, Super (chocolate), AE (Strawberry!) and the list of recommended players to follow with the new replay channel feature to follow player's gamer tags and see the videos they've uploaded! (available once AE DLC is released in June)

Vanilla:
Sagat
Sim
Sagat
- [ gamechariot | 2008-08-27 Ryu
Sagat
Boxer
Sagat
Rufus (best comeback match ever)

Super:
Banana Ken vs Justin Wong's Rufus
- Michael Tan [Ken] vs BrownishBrush0 [Guile Guile
- Playerjun52 [Ken] vs ice0age r [Balrog Boxer
- [Monster's Arcade Banana Ken vs Seth
Momochi's Ken vs Marn's Rufus and Ricky Ortiz "The Glamorous One" Rufus
Daigo's Ken Vs. Gamerbee Part 1
Daigo's Ken Vs. Gamerbee Part 2
Momochi Vs. Isy(Bison) Best of 3

Arcade Edition:
Team Ken(???, -6 and Wao)
Team Ken(???, -6 and Wao)
- 5:45 Wao Vs. Uryu(Sakura)/Haitani(Makoto)
- 9min20sec in
- Wao's first appearance with Ken in AE.

Check out these YouTube channels: YouTube - Ov3rheadGreg's Channel and YouTube - 0ShinAkuma0's Channel .
AE2012 - Ken
KoFXIII - Kyo/Undecided/Undecided(
MvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Undecided
AH3 - Clarice

Comments

• tmacdunktmacdunk Joined: Posts: 19
    old :p
  • Optimus124Optimus124 I KILLED THE GOOD PRIME Joined: Posts: 3,591
    lol. Ken Flowchart executed with full precision. I don't play ranked as much anymore cause of crap like this. How droll
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Dr.ChaosDr.Chaos TokyoTea Boss Joined: Posts: 1,081
    -America's Cowboy
    -MvC = Greatest Game Ever

-Av by Streak
  • OninoakaOninoaka Shin Shoryuken ftw Joined: Posts: 20
    Haha I've seen that match before Darkseys not bad but I think he complains too much. the Ken player was alrite not the best video for good ken fighting. How did he not know you could change the time on ranked matches???
    SFIV:Gouken,(insert Shoto), Abel
    MVS:Cyber Akuma, Apocalypse,Akuma
    SFA3:Shin Akuma,Gen,Guy

Dont hate me cause I combo...
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    There are two other video threads...
  • StadicStadic Joined: Posts: 232
    Haha. The Ken should have been beaten within those 30 seconds anyway...

I've never seen so many misplaced fierce shoryus before in my life.
  • Mr. Basara!!Mr. Basara!! Satsui no Flowchart! Joined: Posts: 783
    Haha I've seen that match before Darkseys not bad but I think he complains too much. the Ken player was alrite not the best video for good ken fighting. How did he not know you could change the time on ranked matches???

Somebody give this guy his prize! I've never heard so much whining... If I had to sit next to someone whining like that while playing, i'd just remove my controller and leave, winning or not. Its annoying and childish... Just play the damn game...

I thought 30 second ranking matches were for Akuma scrubs though....
    It's like saying "Coke should make green cans. Mountain Dew has green cans, I don't see why Coke has to be this underpowered in can color." -Kich
  • edudliveedudlive Wannabe Arcade Rat Joined: Posts: 70
    I love this video! Look at how many fucking points he has....how?!
    HILLBILLY HYPE!

"A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory" - Arthur Golden
  • crimsonsoncrimsonson Joined: Posts: 127

Like the ELO system it has a weakness of being able to be "farmed." Just keep playing and you will earn more points than you lose. You will never plateau out until the game loses enough active players. Until then the entire SF4 gaming population will keep increasing their battle points. It is a system that works well for matching purposes. But to actually rank people based on skill and performance nothing replaces a tournament system.
    Unfortunately I still this on a daily basis at 2.5k-3.5k BP
    Trust me keep playing it. The rate of increase will slowdown but you will eventually be higher in the long run. The only time you will plateau is when the playing population shrinks.
    What a beast
    I like his initial reaction.

"WaAaAaTT?!?"
  • kliqueykliquey Jump Kick Footsweep! Joined: Posts: 358
    lol DSP tried to go for the ultra. he should've went for his s.hp xx ex god kick instead he would've easily won.
    lol DSP tried to go for the ultra. he should've went for his s.hp xx ex god kick instead he would've easily won.

Even a grab.
    lol phil lost to a nub. more horrible than the ken player imo
    lol @ calling some guy a scrub 8 times then losing to him

what a scrub

If you are a good enough fighter, odds are you gonna run into more people who suck more than you. plus those "30 second bulls#$%" must work for him. :rofl:
  • derkoiderkoi SFin' since 1992 Joined: Posts: 211
    Why not just ADAPT to his tactics instead of bitching about them? I thought that was the idea of playing other players? Not everyone fights the same.
    If you insist on speaking, do so with your fists!
    Horrible thread:
    1) Not even remotely funny.
    2) Whining guy sounds like girl
    3) Rufus player is just as bad as Ken (perhaps even worse)
  • darkfroggydarkfroggy Joined: Posts: 266
    Uhh, you guys DO know that darksydephil does this complaining stuff on purpose? That's why his videos are so popular.

He's a good player and knows his matchups.

Sarcasm fail.
    What's your point? The video of him losing to a shitty Ken player was funny, and we enjoyed it. No, I do not know who the heck the guy is, nor do I care. And for the record, he may be a good player, but he's not that good if he couldn't handle that Ken. Or were you saying that he loses on purpose, as well?
    meh tipical online ken scrub. but the worst part is that rufus lost...shame on that rufus for losing to the ken scrub...which makes him a rufus scrub scrub!!
  • Repent13Repent13 I am here to kill you. Joined: Posts: 251
    Agreed, simply awful thread, whether or not one has seen shit before or not.

The "Legendary" video... still sucks. No matter what.

The crybaby crying about the 30 second time limit?

Be smarter than the machine you operate, perhaps. Dish out more damage. Adapt to your opponents simple play style, and meet him with stronger, better timed attacks.

I always like the shrieks of "OMFGOMGZ0RZ.. I GOT HIT, OMG AGAIN, A SHORYUKEN. WAHHH I GOT HIT AGAIN!!! ! SUCH BULLSHITTTT. ITS CAPCOMS FAULT"

Well, what Dippy McBlameshifter there doesn't realize, is that when you spam poke with rufus, and your ken opponent is blocking, you have a likelihood of getting shoryuken spammed for free between frames.

Moreso (kids, take note). Don't blame Capcom for your inability to time your spammed pokes, too. (and simply, don't play "I'm going to poke and jab while you own me with stronger attacks for the entire match 30 seconds, as if magically that's going work)

You're only going to be this guy. Crying about how good he is, and losing to someone doing simpler, more effective shit.
    I'm pretty sure you're preaching to the choir....
  • SaikyoBeastSaikyoBeast He Loues Catte Ears Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Liked the vids. Wish I had some to share.
    I saw a vid where DSP called a gief busting standing 720s and working him a scrub, too. It was posted on the gief forums. Shame he's such a douche, as a player he's very much decent.
    League IGN: CJPurple (retired), Rampaging Panda
    "Poly...tits? Awesome! Is that a new type of boobies!?" - Taokaka, on politics
    Wait, I'm confused. Is this thread supposed to be about exposing those flowchart kens? Besides the one in the first vid, the other Kens were not flowchart.
  • InfiniteInfinite Yurushite Nyan! Joined: Posts: 633
    Wait, I'm confused. Is this thread supposed to be about exposing those flowchart kens? Besides the one in the first vid, the other Kens were not flowchart.

I was under the impression that this was a Ken video thread.

Be smarter than the machine you operate, perhaps. Dish out more damage. Adapt to your opponents simple play style, and meet him with stronger, better timed attacks.

I always like the shrieks of "OMFGOMGZ0RZ.. I GOT HIT, OMG AGAIN, A SHORYUKEN. WAHHH I GOT HIT AGAIN!!! ! SUCH BULLSHITTTT. ITS CAPCOMS FAULT"

Well, what Dippy McBlameshifter there doesn't realize, is that when you spam poke with rufus, and your ken opponent is blocking, you have a likelihood of getting shoryuken spammed for free between frames.

Moreso (kids, take note). Don't blame Capcom for your inability to time your spammed pokes, too. (and simply, don't play "I'm going to poke and jab while you own me with stronger attacks for the entire match 30 seconds, as if magically that's going work)

You're only going to be this guy. Crying about how good he is, and losing to someone doing simpler, more effective shit.

That's a silly name :smile:
    It's like saying "Coke should make green cans. Mountain Dew has green cans, I don't see why Coke has to be this underpowered in can color." -Kich
    Hahaha. I thought the guy commenting was pretty funny. I'd be pissed too. I was caught in one of these circumstances before and its no way to play. Too bad for the whiffed ultra at the end, would have loved to see that ken eat it. But the response was classic.
  • zaspacerzaspacer Joined: Posts: 553
    Street Fighter IV Ken Match Videos

Hope this is helpful:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/characters/ken.html

It's a page with links to matches with top Ken players.
    streetfighterdojo.com - video library of top players
    Hope this is helpful:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/characters/ken.html

It's a page with links to matches with top Ken players.

Awesome! :lovin:
    I don't think people know that DSP's videos are meant to be like that.... it's supposed to be funny people.
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/78
    Tiba going to work! 2nd match starts the show...Sagat,Blanka and Rufus
    -America's Cowboy

-Av by Streak
  • khayrikhayri Got That Glow... Joined: Posts: 907
    Told u about that kid Tiba, lol..dude is nice (wasnt sure u knew about him when I told u the other day)
    "None of you seem 2 understand, Im not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!"
    "Haha!, I threw that shit before I walked in the room!" - Black Dynamite
    I noticed he was using a lot of j.fp (could have been j.mp) against Rufus. Any reason for this over the jumping kicks?
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697
    Told u about that kid Tiba, lol..dude is nice (wasnt sure u knew about him when I told u the other day)

He didn't until I showed him the light! And some Japanese 101!!! lol jk.

I'm about to dig for another tiba vid and post it, he had some nice matches but I lost the link and will dig now.

found it! 6:24

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/135

TIBAAA
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 832
    wow..I respect my MP a lot more now...definitely gotta use that as a poke more.
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"
    Some more Tiba vs a Sagat.

About the J.Hp sometime it crosses Rufus up and can be used as a fake cross up. I believe thats why he used it. I'm not 100% sure.
    -America's Cowboy

-Av by Streak
    Some more Tiba vs a Sagat.

About the J.Hp sometime it crosses Rufus up and can be used as a fake cross up. I believe thats why he used it. I'm not 100% sure.
    I use it for crouching opponents as it's harder to counter. Ken's fist is already closer to you because it's a downward punch. For AA HK is superior, but for Jump-ins, I think it's always better to use J.Hp
    He didn't until I showed him the light! And some Japanese 101!!! lol jk.

I'm about to dig for another tiba vid and post it, he had some nice matches but I lost the link and will dig now.

found it! 6:24

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/135

TIBAAA

I thought he did, lol.

Yea, man I found some of his vids a couple weeks ago. Have them all saved onto my iphone, lol. We need to get some Ken matches going, u too Chaos, I will be back on the 360 maybe tonight, been tryna give my PS3 some love & partly b/c I only have all of the colors unlocked on my PS3, haha.
    "None of you seem 2 understand, Im not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!"
  • tmacdunktmacdunk Joined: Posts: 19
    More flowchart madness against DSP...

funny stuff.
    Vintage Dragon Boy :smokin:

-Vs balrog, Viper

-Vs Balrog, Dalhsim(Itsuki)

-Vs Guile

*Bonus :party:
    Akuma (K66 I believe) vs Ryu(Dragon boy)

-America's Cowboy

-Av by Streak
    ^Good shit, I have some these already saved...Post up some of ur vids mayne :smokin:...

Im starting to develop some patience in my play and look for openings & take advantage of my opp mistakes. Aat 1st I was 100% rushdown...Now I play alot more calmly & smooth. Still working hard tho, not there yet.
    ^Good shit, I have some these already saved...Post up some of ur vids mayne :smokin:...

Im starting to develop some patience in my play and look for openings & take advantage of my opp mistakes. Aat 1st I was 100% rushdown...Now I play alot more calmly & smooth. Still working hard tho, not there yet.

Vids of me? :shake:

I'm horrible. :rofl:
    -America's Cowboy

-Av by Streak
    ^ I know, u need to remove that avy...now apologize to all the Kens in the universe!:rofl:

lol...u aint slick. that was dragon boy :badboy:

QFT, on a separate note, I wonder why does Darksydephil still posts videos on where he uberfails everytime. Oh well more lulz for us.
    Justin Wong (Balrog) exposes my Ken (again)

Last time I played justin was march 3rd...so he gave me a rematch yesterday, said i improved but I still have a long way to go,especially with punishing opponents:

Last time I played justin was march 3rd...so he gave me a rematch yesterday, said i improved but I still have a long way to go,especially with punishing opponents:

Oh dude - you had him the first 2 rounds :(
    Round 1 - you missed punishing that headbutt with an EX Tatsu combo
    Round 2 - b.mk overhead after the EX hado

But well done. You gave him some good damage. You just could not close the deal :)
    thanks, yea one of my friends reviewed it with me...i really never punished him at all, just alot of throw and poke damage, oh well, in a month i'll rematch him again !
    yeah man, he had some great execution, but overall--I'd say you put on a better display of skill...Great match! I love the invincible fireball in front of me move too!! :bgrin: