"Put down the Flowchart, Scrub!" Ken Video Thread

Comments

• lilsicx66lilsicx66 Joined: Posts: 1,242

more rusty ken online edition
  • yourboycurtyourboycurt Joined: Posts: 298

Good games lilsicx66. But you gotta start giving them a bald spot on there head. Use those over heads. Espically against rog prostitution ass. Always on his knees lol
    SSF4AE:Ken,
    MVC3:chris,Arthur,ironman
    BL CS:Bang
    TK vs SF: Ken,Hwoarang
    http://www.youtube.com/user/curtakacurtis
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644

Why didn't you whiff punish Balrogs st. Fierce? It's pretty easy to sweep.
    P
    Why didn't you whiff punish Balrogs st. Fierce? It's pretty easy to sweep.
    Reactions aint 100 percent yet in this vid and its online as well.definitly getting back i.to the groove of things but theres a lot of stuff that i dont even attempt online
  • sheerasheera Joined: Posts: 59
    First part of a FT15 vs a friend who plays Guy
    I need general and match up advice. Our level sucks but we're trying hard to improve
  • ReebokReebok Joined: Posts: 54
    Your videos are a bit glitchy.
    http://tinyurl.com/3j4et9l http://tinyurl.com/7g5rqmd See a difference?
    http://tinyurl.com/76r95r3 Skull Girls brand new game play.
    Apparently answering a very specific question is trolling while quoting and being a [EMAIL]I love My Little Pony so much it hurts[/EMAIL] over someone else's response is considered not trolling?
  • G77G77 Master Theory Fighter! Joined: Posts: 876
    I think step 1 is to improve your hit confirming.

Way to many cr.lk, cr.lp were ended with cr.mk xx fireball.

You need to learn to link the fierce DP.

Step 2 is anti air. I have only watched the first 3 fights so far but I have yet to see you do a single anti air. Strong DP or (against Guy especially), cr.hp perhaps.

There are a few other issues, but I think that these 2 things are the first things you need to work on that will make a big change to your game.

Nice vids by the way...

Peace,

G.
    Thanks man. I willl post the rest of the videos later or tomorrow.
    Thanks for the advice

Edit: Btw, can I use cr.HP against Elbow Drop? Do cr.HP beat Elbow Drop clean? I'm at work right now so i can't hit the lab till this evening

Edit: Second Part
  • King D.King D. Sentinel Killer Joined: Posts: 442
    Biggest thing is u got to go into training mode and get ur hit confirms down. And I wouldn't say its a great strategy but if it was me thani would offensive dp a lot more especially after u focused his elbow and dashed in he always pressed buttons so dp his ass and get free damage. Also all of ur blockstring ended in kara throw u got to switch up with frame traps or my personal favorite: wait for him to whif a move then kara throw. People that don't know wat to do get so frustrated they'll random ultra. Also u could autocorrect all of guys cross ups and cr.mk goes under all of guys elbows and his cross ups sometimes. Also almost everytime he jumped off the wall he jump at you, so next time buffer the antiair. Also ur friend liked to slide and run overhead from max range so both of those are straight focus city almost everytime he was at a certain range he would slide so focus it. And more fbs he was staright guessin them so make fake it sometimes and mess him up and every shouder except lp is punishable by f.dp.

Alright so I just watched the first vid u did a lot of the stuff i mention but after the first few matches u went to playin like vid 2. Don't be afarid to play guy up close sweep has longer range than his moves so stand at the edge of his normals and sweep everything and bait the slide. That's why imo ken beats guy he has to be very risky to get in and he can't do none of his air mixup bs and ken doesn't have to jump at guy to be effective.
    In order of greatness
    GGAC: Anji, Venom, Order Sol
    Sfxt: Ken/hwo + xio
    SSF4: Ken, Fei Long
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • marquezsfmarquezsf Joined: Posts: 523
    just made a playlist of lilsicx66 some old some new stuff check it out here
    i have started using u2 against guy it stops those elbows he does to bait dps.
    thx man add me on xbl ill give you some exclusive footage
  • marquezsfmarquezsf Joined: Posts: 523
    thx man add me on xbl ill give you some exclusive footage
    fasho man look out for MGInfinate
    Biggest thing is u got to go into training mode and get ur hit confirms down. And I wouldn't say its a great strategy but if it was me thani would offensive dp a lot more especially after u focused his elbow and dashed in he always pressed buttons so dp his ass and get free damage. Also all of ur blockstring ended in kara throw u got to switch up with frame traps or my personal favorite: wait for him to whif a move then kara throw. People that don't know wat to do get so frustrated they'll random ultra. Also u could autocorrect all of guys cross ups and cr.mk goes under all of guys elbows and his cross ups sometimes. Also almost everytime he jumped off the wall he jump at you, so next time buffer the antiair. Also ur friend liked to slide and run overhead from max range so both of those are straight focus city almost everytime he was at a certain range he would slide so focus it. And more fbs he was staright guessin them so make fake it sometimes and mess him up and every shouder except lp is punishable by f.dp.

Alright so I just watched the first vid u did a lot of the stuff i mention but after the first few matches u went to playin like vid 2. Don't be afarid to play guy up close sweep has longer range than his moves so stand at the edge of his normals and sweep everything and bait the slide. That's why imo ken beats guy he has to be very risky to get in and he can't do none of his air mixup bs and ken doesn't have to jump at guy to be effective.
    Thx for the tips. looks like i need to spend so much time into training hehe.
    I'll upload the rest of the matches later today or tomorrow.
    Again thanks
  • King D.King D. Sentinel Killer Joined: Posts: 442
    Lmao I love the rose match(4) and the lack of givin a fuck. He was so confused he didn't no when to attack and then got dp'd anyway haha.
    In order of greatness
    GGAC: Anji, Venom, Order Sol
    Sfxt: Ken/hwo + xio
    SSF4: Ken, Fei Long
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

thx for the love yall.as promiessd im keeping the vids coming,thx yoga 4 uploading
  • OmniCloudOmniCloud Peacemaker Protégé Joined: Posts: 843
    Yesh!!!! DUDLEY MATCHES! I hate Dudley and Rog...I wanna be like sicx when I grow up....
    "Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath"
  • Perfect_FramesPerfect_Frames SRK's Resident Genius Joined: Posts: 251
    Yesh!!!! DUDLEY MATCHES! I hate Dudley and Rog...I wanna be like sicx when I grow up....

Keep at it sonny, you will get there someday!

On a side note I plan on uploading some of my vids over next couple of days (finally), so hopefully you guys can give me so critiques or learn something from my vids.
    Third and 4th part of that FT15

And some other matches vs another Guy

Tell me what do you think, plz
  • Pr0ph3t85Pr0ph3t85 Joined: Posts: 53

thx for the love yall.as promiessd im keeping the vids coming,thx yoga 4 uploading

Does somebody know why the Ken picked U2 ? I only pick that against shotos. I mean comboing into U1 from fierce srk is so damn good, why does he forego it?
    Does somebody know why the Ken picked U2 ? I only pick that against shotos. I mean comboing into U1 from fierce srk is so damn good, why does he forego it?

i picked it because it can punish his ex mgp but most of all when i play dudleys with u1 i play reckless and fish for ch dp too much, i wanted to be agressive but not go for hailmaries,so u2 keeps my offense based on other things rather then dps
  • Pr0ph3t85Pr0ph3t85 Joined: Posts: 53
    i picked it because it can punish his ex mgp but most of all when i play dudleys with u1 i play reckless and fish for ch dp too much, i wanted to be agressive but not go for hailmaries,so u2 keeps my offense based on other things rather then dps

Wow, this Ken actually was you oO !! Nice skills. thx for explanation. When I play with U1, most of the time I just combo into f.srk and then FADC into Ultra, I know that it's not the full animation in this case, but it's save and easy, cause I try to end nearly all my hitconfirms into srk (I only combo into ex tatsu from linked cr.hp to be absolutely sure that the enemy is standing, perhaps it's a bad habit and I should combo into ex tatsu from cr.mp and cr. mk on reaction too, if I see that he's standing).
  • Perfect_FramesPerfect_Frames SRK's Resident Genius Joined: Posts: 251
    Wow, this Ken actually was you oO !! Nice skills. thx for explanation. When I play with U1, most of the time I just combo into f.srk and then FADC into Ultra, I know that it's not the full animation in this case, but it's save and easy, cause I try to end nearly all my hitconfirms into srk (I only combo into ex tatsu from linked cr.hp to be absolutely sure that the enemy is standing, perhaps it's a bad habit and I should combo into ex tatsu from cr.mp and cr. mk on reaction too, if I see that he's standing).

To be honest, U2 is the better ultra in most situations though U1 does have it's applications.
    Generally I base my ultra decision on a few factors:

1. Does my opponent have a projectile that I can react to consistently? If so, I will consider using Ultra 2 to punish badly spaced projectiles or, at the very least, make them think twice about throwing them. However, if their projectile is not something that is used often to zone (Sakura) or travels or recovers to quickly to punish (guile) I would consider using Ultra 1.

2. Your opponents normal's and footsies also come in to consideration when choosing between Ultra 1 or Ultra 2. For instance, I would never use Ultra 2 against a good Chun-Li since the opportunities to land cr.mk xx fireball > FADC > Ultra 2 won't be as consistent as landing f.srk > FADC > Ultra 1. This isn't to say you won't ever have that opportunity, and Ultra 2 can definitely serve you in this match-up, but I personally just don't find it as consistent. Generally, Match-ups in which I feel Ken has the edge in a footsie war I will consider Ultra 2, otherwise I stick with Ultra 1.

3. Does my opponent have a dive kick? If so I will always go with Ultra 1 since f.srk > FADC > Ultra 1 is a great way of punishing improperly spaced dive-kicks.

4. Does my opponent have any moves that can be punished by choosing a different Ultra? Ultra 2 can be used to punish many things that Ultra 1 cannot, making it a very attractive choice in several match-ups. Ex. T.Hawks Dives and Cammys Cannon Spikes on block.

5. Does my opponent have a teleport? Generally, with the exception of Dhalsim, I chose Ultra 2 in matches against characters with teleports. These characters are usually very hard to keep pinned down, so removing one of their best escape tools is invaluable.

6. Does my opponent have a useful backdash? OS Ultra 2 is extremely good at punishing opponents that like to back dash on wake-up.

7. Does my opponent have a weak wake-up game? Character's like Cody who cannot do shit on wake-up and are free to jumpin OS's and meaty pressure. cr.mp OS U2 is your friend

Generally I prefer Ultra 2 in the majority of match-ups because it is so versatile, However It really just comes down to which one your more comfortable using.
    To be honest, U2 is the better ultra in most situations though U1 does have it's applications.
    Generally I base my ultra decision on a few factors:

1. Does my opponent have a projectile that I can react to consistently? If so, I will consider using Ultra 2 to punish badly spaced projectiles or, at the very least, make them think twice about throwing them. However, if their projectile is not something that is used often to zone (Sakura) or travels or recovers to quickly to punish (guile) I would consider using Ultra 1.

2. Your opponents normal's and footsies also come in to consideration when choosing between Ultra 1 or Ultra 2. For instance, I would never use Ultra 2 against a good Chun-Li since the opportunities to land cr.mk xx fireball > FADC > Ultra 2 won't be as consistent as landing f.srk > FADC > Ultra 1. This isn't to say you won't ever have that opportunity, and Ultra 2 can definitely serve you in this match-up, but I personally just don't find it as consistent. Generally, Match-ups in which I feel Ken has the edge in a footsie war I will consider Ultra 2, otherwise I stick with Ultra 1.

3. Does my opponent have a dive kick? If so I will always go with Ultra 1 since f.srk > FADC > Ultra 1 is a great way of punishing improperly spaced dive-kicks.

4. Does my opponent have any moves that can be punished by choosing a different Ultra? Ultra 2 can be used to punish many things that Ultra 1 cannot, making it a very attractive choice in several match-ups. Ex. T.Hawks Dives and Cammys Cannon Spikes on block.

5. Does my opponent have a teleport? Generally, with the exception of Dhalsim, I chose Ultra 2 in matches against characters with teleports. These characters are usually very hard to keep pinned down, so removing one of their best escape tools is invaluable.

6. Does my opponent have a useful backdash? OS Ultra 2 is extremely good at punishing opponents that like to back dash on wake-up.

7. Does my opponent have a weak wake-up game? Character's like Cody who cannot do shit on wake-up and are free to jumpin OS's and meaty pressure. cr.mp OS U2 is your friend

Generally I prefer Ultra 2 in the majority of match-ups because it is so versatile, However It really just comes down to which one your more comfortable using.
    wasup with this OS thing. after a throw or sweep, I jump in the air. Are you inputting sweep+lk at the same time or Ultra 2+Fierce? I still don't quite get how to OS on a pad as it's pretty difficult for me to input a bunch of different buttons at once.

So say a basic OS sweep after a kara throw. Am I jumping in and inputting RH+lk and the lk will come out if the opponent blocks while RH comes out on dash? or is there some delay to entering the RH sweep?
    U2 is a paint in the ass with lag tho.offline you can always comeback with all the eays to link it.meter or no meter
    how the fook do you link U2 consistently? I really gotta start playing more offline, that link seems impossible, even c.mk FB FADC U2 I find tight
    Offline its easier.but not ez lol.but my favirites is s.mk u2 and u2 thru ppls c.mk fireball
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Linking into U2 from a jab isn't too hard, I just make sure I press the three kicks as Ken's arm is retracting.

With cl.st.mk, I find it helps to practice doing cl.st.mk followed by an immediate jump to kind of get a feel of the recovery if that makes any sense. I usually practice all my combos that're hard links with this jump technique.
    You can buffer the quarter cirlces while ur doing the jabs then if u see them hitt press 3kicx
  • G77G77 Master Theory Fighter! Joined: Posts: 876
    wasup with this OS thing. after a throw or sweep, I jump in the air. Are you inputting sweep+lk at the same time or Ultra 2+Fierce? I still don't quite get how to OS on a pad as it's pretty difficult for me to input a bunch of different buttons at once.

So say a basic OS sweep after a kara throw. Am I jumping in and inputting RH+lk and the lk will come out if the opponent blocks while RH comes out on dash? or is there some delay to entering the RH sweep?

Ok Omni, here's how you do it:

There are 2 main types of offensive OS methods in SF4.

The first type of OS is using the delay that hitstun and blockstun creates to "hide" additional moves.

When you throw out a technique and it whiffs, the amount of time the move takes to go out and come back in, is quicker than if it made contact with your opponent.

The best way to see this in action is to have the training dummy throw out cr.lk using turbo. If you stand back and watch Ken throw out whiffed cr.lk's, they are unbelievably fast.

Now, walk into the cr.lk's and either get hit or block. You will notice that the rate at which Ken performs the kicks is much slower on hit or block. This is due to the delay that hitstun and blockstun creates.

When you jump in, you can use the delay (or lack of) in landing from your jump attack to hide your OS.

If your jump attack hits or is blocked, there is a slight delay before you actually land on the floor. It's during this tiny delay that you insert your desired OS technique, be it a sweep or a DP etc.

Because you're still airbourne, the sweep or DP cannot be performed and thus it doesn't come out.

However, if your opponent causes your jump in to whiff, you land a fraction sooner and thus your sweep or DP can occur and will come out immediately.

So the full input string for a jump in fp, OS sweep, cr.lk, cr.lp, f.DP would be:

Jump in, FP, db+RH, cr.lk, cr.lp, fierce DP.

The second type of offensive OS relies on the priority of certain moves overriding each other.

I think most of us already understand that if you push 2 buttons at once, the button with the highest priority will be the action that gets performed, i.e, if I push lk and hk at the same time, Ken will perform a hard kick.

Now, "chain combos" have a higher priority than a standard non chained normal, i.e, if I press cr.lk, cr.lk+hk, I will get a chained cr.lk as the second move instead of a sweep (Ken can chain all his light attacks into each other).

So, if you time your button presses correctly, you can use the above attack string to OS a sweep.

If the first cr.lk hits, I get the second "chained" cr.lk because the chain combo has the higher priority.

If the first cr.lk whiffs, I get a sweep because the first cr.lk will fully recover (thus the second cr.lk would not be chained) and the cr.hk will come out as it outprioritises the raw cr.lk.

Comprende?

I used to do jump in OS'es on my pad all the time (these OS'es have been part of street fighter since SF2 and I used to OS fierce DP's way back then!!!)

Hope this helps.

Peace,

G.

• bcvw85bcvw85 Joined: Posts: 6
    Watch as he uses U2 after FADC srk to push him in the corner. I like the cr.hk to U2. I caught a couple of people with that.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwP-pa4LIFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

is there a list of people that ken can srk fadc u2 for?
    or is it corner specific.... don't remember reading anything about srk fadc U2
  • Kara101Kara101 Joined: Posts: 49
    is there a list of people that ken can srk fadc u2 for?
    or is it corner specific.... don't remember reading anything about srk fadc U2
    You can do it against any character, and is not corner specific.
    You get a few extra hits against some characters. You just have to remember that its not like fadc u1 where you can do the ultra almost when the opponent is about to touch the floor.. with ultra 2 you have to do it right after the fadc, when the opponent is veeery high (Unless the srk is a counter hit). However, i don't think it's useful, i only use it for style points :p
    Sorry for my bad english =(
  • ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,771
    Both you and the Chun player give absolutely no fucks. A lot more jumping than I expected from both characters in that matchup.

Chun has been the bane of my existence in the SF4 series. The Chuns I have had the (dis)pleasure of playing against do NOT let me chuck plasma or jump against them (unless I'm spaced to where I can land a j. fierce right on her head, and even then I have to look out for her neutral j. fierce or air throw). I've had the most "success" throwing fireballs from full screen while building meter (anything closer and I'm eating hazan shu), then working forward until her back is close to the corner and she has to take a risk to get out (projectile/jump/predictive hazan shu). Midscreen, I have to be patient with the footsie game and not get hit with the st. strong handshake, whiff punishing with either sweep or c. mk depending on the range. When she gets super, a lot of Ken's go-to pokes go out the window.
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
    chachi you playing these chuns online or offline?if its offline make a fake button throw fake fireballs with the fake button,trust me some players use there ears verywell,gotta makem pay for listening or looking, if its online disregard this message lol
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 4,771
    I play them offline lilsicx, thank you for the advice. I hope they're not reading this :rofl:
    "Now I can spend that flight money on gettin some titties in my face"- KC's Notorious

CFN ID: TKC_ChachiPC Fightcade: Chachi
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,187
    Some of my vers.2012 matches vs friends
    Ken vs Bison and Ryu vs Ken

www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • ImagineVCImagineVC open your mind Joined: Posts: 5,037
    keep up the great work LiangHuBBB

just wanna make an announcement....
    thanks to lilsicx, we have exclusive footage coming soon...

Canada's best player vs. U.S.A.'s best Ken
    who: Jozhear (VE) vs. lilsicx66 (KE)
    when: Tuesday, January 24th
    what: FT5 exhibition match
    how: will be recorded (no stream) with commentary by the great TMNTemps and uploaded onto KenMastersVideos youtube channel for your viewing pleasure

description:
    jozhear is the best player in Canada who nearly OCV'd Team Europe at Canada Cup.
    lilsicx who i believe is the top american Ken (alongside Bananaken).
    should be a great fight, i'll upload it as soon as possible :)
    I play them offline lilsicx, thank you for the advice. I hope they're not reading this :rofl:
    Trust me youl see a difference.another thing you can do is throw negative edge fireballs. Or dont sit wear they can see your stick. If you ever seen me play in tourney you see that i sit on the floor.its not comfy and i always have to take off my jordans lol but i do it so they cant look or listen.my results are so diferent when i sit next to ppl.not saying everyone looks amd listens but if you dnt know that aspect of the game you wont survive when someone does it to you.and with kens fireball its not hard lol.also use a fake button when u mash dp.they will back off and u get to wakeup for free.just sayin