"Put down the Flowchart, Scrub!" Ken Video Thread

Comments

• ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    How can I forget... PlayerJun52 is another player to watch.

• JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
  • lilsicx66lilsicx66 Joined: Posts: 1,242
    such a boring matchup to watch. but when actually playing it, its so intense cuz every piece of damage is so important vs her.. looks like the matchup is played the same though
    edited August 2014

winners finals at the last tourney i went to. when the host uploads grand finals i will post them here as well...
    very sloppy play from both sides imo.. working on it..
    also to ngl chris and integra very ggs today.. i needed the practice in the mirror match fellas. thx again
    grand finals
    Post edited by lilsicx66 on
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,774
    Momochi's Ken vs Daigo's Evil Ryu.

If you listen to the conversation Momochi really doesn't know how to approach the match up that well. He didn't punish a single sweep and he walked himself into the corner a few times and panicked.

Aside from the errors on both of their parts. I can see why this is a very even match up
    edited August 2014
    Rice_Eater wrote: »

man daigos footsies and corner pressure so strong... momochi never got to mount his offense... he was forced to play daigos pace...
    Post edited by lilsicx66 on
  • KinimasterKinimaster Member Joined: Posts: 57
    lilsicx66 wrote: »

man daigos footsies and corner pressure so strong... mooch never got to mount his offense... he was forced to play daigos pace...

Hey man, im glad you are getting back into SF4, i saw you the other day on Justin's stream, your bnb execution was on point, but you need to step up your air ex tatsu game, you got the upwards one way too much(against Hugo), also you may need a little bit more of Kara throws attempts(against E.Ryu). Just my two cents, keep up the good work.

edited August 2014
    Kinimaster wrote: »

man daigos footsies and corner pressure so strong... mooch never got to mount his offense... he was forced to play daigos pace...

Hey man, im glad you are getting back into SF4, i saw you the other day on Justin's stream, your bnb execution was on point, but you need to step up your air ex tatsu game, you got the upwards one way too much(against Hugo), also you may need a little bit more of Kara throws attempts(against E.Ryu). Just my two cents, keep up the good work.

i didn't know that was a stream.. i played again today on it then. and i won.. but thx for the info. i don't watch too many replays of mine when there online.. but i been playing online/offline so hopefully you guys will see more of me.. chris wants me to go to west coast war zone but i don't think ill be able to make that one
    but if you guys don't mind seeing online footage i can upload a couple from my cell or xvl if someone wants to teach me how to use the youtube uploader on xbox.. but i came back to this thread to see your guys's kens lol learn from y'all
    i hate that ex tatsu nerd tho man.. its so annoying but i been using kara hk tatsu now.. also I'm still testing trade mp dp into air ex tatsu.. sometimes it works some times it goes straight up and i only et 1 hit.. same thing when trying to do f.srk jump forward ex tatsu into ultra in the corner..
    Shinebox wrote: »
    If you listen to the conversation Momochi really doesn't know how to approach the match up that well. He didn't punish a single sweep and he walked himself into the corner a few times and panicked.

Aside from the errors on both of their parts. I can see why this is a very even match up

i think there are very few people who know that matchup at that level so thats understandable but I'm sure he will learn it now.. most people still focusing on the newer characters
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,522
    You need to plink air ex tatsu with a punch (any punch I think) to get the old air ex tatsu.
    whaaaaat i didn't know it was possible still ill go test it now.. anyone watch wnf? chris took it... 128 entrants.. doooope
    man i hate that ex tatsu nerd.. i couldn't get it to work consistently. f.srk jump forward ex kara tatsu worked about 50 percent of the time and i was able to still ultra in the corner.. sometimes the ultra would whiff and the other times i got the nerfed version of the tatsu.. I think its time to take it out of my game even in the trade mp dp to ex tatsu senario just gonna dash ex srk now... neutral jump ex tatsu still works fine int he corner though
    edited August 2014
    Good shit to Chris. The way the air tatsu works now is if you do it on the way up, it stays in the same spot. On the way down, it's like normal so you you can still do jump in shenanigans but can't coward-copter away anymore (unless you plink of course). The good thing about the move now is that all hits are overhead, so we've got that cheap shit again now lol On Hugo because he's so tall he usually eats all of the hits, upwards to like 4-5 hits (sometimes even crossing up between the hits too lol)

One thing you can do if you don't use the 3xKick/Punch buttons is plink hp into 3xPunch (since the buttons are right next to each other), except you set the 3xPunch button to 3xKick. It won't be a 100% consistent at first, but after some practice you'll get there. I thought the same way about kara f.dp and now after going for it in my combo's all the time, regardless if i drop it or not the thing is almost 2nd nature to me now.
    edited August 2014
    I thought you were speaking of a way to get karat ex tatsu on the way up... but thx anyways. Karas arnt a issue for me no disrespect. .. I just need to remember the move got nerfd lol.
    edited August 2014
    Will test it again.... so lp 1st then 2 kicx.. and I get old tatsu on the way up?
    edited August 2014
    Will test it again.... so lp 1st then 2 kicx.. and I get old tatsu on the way up?

Following an FADC? Yes

You're talking about getting this EX Air tatsu right?

The video doesn't show this but to get this.. you have to plink any punch button to two kicks.. you're basically canceling the first frame of the punch which changes your trajectory from jump to attack

Video by @Joutai‌
    edited August 2014
    Shinebox wrote: »

Following an FADC? Yes

You're talking about getting this EX Air tatsu right?

Video by @Joutai‌

yes wtf how he do that... plink hk with mk? no punch button involved? but I'm more concerned with trade mp dp. into the instant air kara ex tatsu... is a punch needed? or nah?
    i usually plink from mk to lk but id gladly change it for old ex tatsu in ultra
    i have 2 local tourneys this month 1 on the 5th and another on the 13th. i will get as many vids as i can as for I'm going to wmf on the 24th and i know my skill level isn't up to par. so after vids are posted any advice/tips are appreciated. atm I'm working on offense... using tatsus instead of f.srk i feel like corner carry is very useful and ken doenst get much corner pressure without the tatsu to push him there..
    beesuit wrote: »

still can't get this consistently and its bugging the fuck out of me cuz on trade mp dp id rather air ex tatsu for damage/stun/corner carry. have you gotten it often? more practice is needed i guess or maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    Joutai wrote: »

you have a special place in the ken army.. thx for the vids/tech
    beesuit wrote: »

the trick is to plink the kick on the down back.... thx
    Damn it. Joon vs Chris wasn't streamed. Joon put him in losers.

Glad to see you making it out to WNF Joon!
    edited September 2014
    Wtf... looks cool. But not gonna matter if it not gonna be used in tournament
    edited September 2014
    Chris G, Chris WNF, Snake Eyez top 3
    Omega Ryu and Ken at 25:35

• G77G77 Master Theory Fighter! Joined: Posts: 876
    If that EX uppercut is invincible on start up, Ken is going to be awesome!!!

Neutral jumping Yun's are gonna get wrecked!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the Ken we've all been crying for?

Peace,

G.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468

Hey guys, would the above OSes be practical in a real match?
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    1st 1 looks good. 2nd one not so much imo.. too much meter
    edited September 2014
    couple matches of me in most recent tourney. more are being uploaded i will edit post...

1st 1 looks good. 2nd one not so much imo.. too much meter

Is it not worth spending the meter for so much damage? I haven't tested it, but I think he could catch back dashes with EX SRK or EX Tatsu.
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    If it was going to kill sure go for it.. plus u1 juggle in the corner.. but meaty step kick vs rog aint too safe. But I could see it being useful against others in the cast. I just dont like bruning super lol. Rather os and ultra or sweep or burn 1 meter
    Here's an updated OS for you :)
    Also, isn't F+MK meaty safe on block?

Meaty step kick isnt safe against rog. Thats the main reason why I don't like it. But to each his own. Thx for sharing. Im still gonna practice it tho just to have it in my game.
    Rather c.lk os sweep or os kara throw. It beats wakeup headbutt. But loses to ex hesdbutt and his ex dash punches
    @lilsicx66‌
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not really a SF4 player but these OS's seemed interesting to me. Also, your Ken is always fun to watch. Here's hoping I'll see you use those OS's. :smile:
    Momochi against Kim's Bison.

Watched that earlier. Momochi frustrates me when he switches to juri and loses
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I never want to see these two play each other again. I can't take watching Ken vs Bison at high level, it's too emotional for me. I play both.

I can't tell if Momochi thinks Juri will do better in some situations, or he's doing the whole "I bet they don't have experience" thing.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Marc vs LilSicx WINNERS FINALS (TapEx USF4 Tourna…:

Marc vs LilSicx GRAND FINALS (TapEx USF4 Tourname…:
    jebop wrote: »
    I never want to see these two play each other again. I can't take watching Ken vs Bison at high level, it's too emotional for me. I play both.

I can't tell if Momochi thinks Juri will do better in some situations, or he's doing the whole "I bet they don't have experience" thing.

Kim plays KichijojiKen and Yossan all the time.

• TarekTarek Joined: Posts: 228
    When ever i play a Bison which plays lame like the way Kim123 did. The match instantly becomes 9-1 Bisons favour.
  • Takamura13Takamura13 FADC flowchart Joined: Posts: 198
    Me(Ken) vs Essex(Evil Ryu) set on XBL EU
  • PhiloernicPhiloernic Joined: Posts: 122
    Tarek wrote: »
    When ever i play a Bison which plays lame like the way Kim123 did. The match instantly becomes 9-1 Bisons favour.
    I feel the same way. The truth is that ken has a slight advantage over dictator. I am not exactly sure why, maybe because dictator wakeup is weak to OS.
    So the point is don't give up and beat those sobs.
  • PhiloernicPhiloernic Joined: Posts: 122
    Meaty step kick isnt safe against rog. Thats the main reason why I don't like it. But to each his own. Thx for sharing. Im still gonna practice it tho just to have it in my game.
    Rather c.lk os sweep or os kara throw. It beats wakeup headbutt. But loses to ex hesdbutt and his ex dash punches

Why isnt meaty step kick safe it's -2 on block with 5 active frames meaning you can make it go up to +2 on block max? Or you meant Boxer wakes up with headbutt/armor alot? Just a bit confused because then meaty step isnt safe vs anybody. Also why choose meaty stepkick os instead of something like meaty c.mp? Is it because of the slight forward movement on no-hit that lets the srk connect, or does it give better timing?
    The problem is midscreen i see the OS hitting the backdash with only 1 hit, that isnt enough payoff even if KD, ~30/50 dmg for a read with risk is :/ seems good in the corner tho.

so to beat ex headbutt ex dash wakeups, is delay throw to beat ex headbutts/ex dashstraight am I right...NO i checked... the ex headbutt startup is 12 frames...so theres no delay OSing this only blocking...but then he gets to wake up with normals or back away...
    Hmm how do you get advantage on balrog's wakeup ambiguous jumpin...makes him blow a meter on armor thats all i can do...
    How good a safe jumps here again...probably good just I'm not a safejumper cuz i screw up too much...but it might be the best vs balrog...

break

On the otherside boxer can go to block delay tech to shut down ken's safe stuff...hmm but all characters can...OK the problem is balrogs weird hitbox and pushback makes my strings on him feel weird which makes him a harder matchup than he should be...the solution is to shorten block strings by a jab or so, and get an advantage off his jabs he tries to sneak in...prob tight traps.

sorry this is how i think as i type help me ty.

• TarekTarek Joined: Posts: 228
    edited September 2014
    Philoernic wrote: »
    Tarek wrote: »
    I feel the same way. The truth is that ken has a slight advantage over dictator. I am not exactly sure why, maybe because dictator wakeup is weak to OS.
    So the point is don't give up and beat those sobs.

You are wrong. Chris Tatarian even confirmed that this match up is in definitely in bisons favour. Bison has a bazillion options on wake up to say F*ck your OS and delayed wake up made life even easier for Bison in USF4 because OS in general are more risky. One of the main reasons why Daigo dropped Ryu.