"Put down the Flowchart, Scrub!" Ken Video Thread

Comments

• Akagami85Akagami85 Joined: Posts: 51
    I definitely think you need to jump in less. A lot less.

For some reason, you didn't really get punished at all for your jump ins. Online, you can sometimes get away with it as it can be harder to react but I'd definitely stay grounded a lot more.

The only other thing I'd say that stood out is that you quite often landed a cr.lk, cr.lp but then you didn't finish your combo so I'd definitely drill your hit confirming too.

TLDR;

Less jumping, better hit confirming.

Nice mix-ups though.....

Peace,

G.

thank you... I jump a lot against no good players... but I think I should stop jumping anyways just to be more solid.
    My hit confirming is due to online (I don't know why I fail so much online) and out of fit so I am not worry about it.

If I play a good or very good player I'll put another video... I think it will be more interesting
  • a_z_y_a_z_y_ Joined: Posts: 54
    3 Ken voice over videos I have created today.

What you did with Dan's voiceover there... I see it.
  • a_z_y_a_z_y_ Joined: Posts: 54

lol posting a double perf of someone with 2100 PP less... that's just cruel
  • TeeJay.TeeJay. Joined: Posts: 69
    some of my matches, I am not in my best fit and these are easy fights but...

this is just for the OS :D

any piece of advice is welcome.

I put two Adons because I really need to improve against him :(

one thing i noticed in the cammy match in particular, is that you anti air with cr. hp. bad habit against cammy imo, you can eat big damage for that stuff because she can alter her timing with ex cannon strike in the air. i use mp/ex dp exclusively against her (or at all really, i think cr. hp is lacking as an anti air). worst case scenario you get a trade.

and the jumping, if you really only do it against lesser opponents it's okay i guess... people online can't anti air for shit though and i sometimes abuse this as well to force myself in.

• Akagami85Akagami85 Joined: Posts: 51
    I don't use it too much the cr.lp antiair... just sometimes.

I think that Ken only has a true AA against players with dive kicks and it is ex.srk... you can use st.mp sometimes though.

mp AA fails sometimes too :S
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    30 minutes of Sacramento's Bsida going against an Abel, Chun, Seth, Honda, Ken and Juri at 52 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/361011923?t=52m
  • dooki87dooki87 Ken is the shit ! Joined: Posts: 170
    Me and the beast casuals ft5 .. got bodied hard but I think this set was the most fun for me .. enjoyed playing him so much

youtube.com/watch?v=c2cA1jz_Uqw

our team goes against the united nations team ( in top 8 ) this game was hype as fuck !

youtube.com/watch?v=3B64KmgKy2Y

Kichijojiken was the highlight of the tournament and you can find all his games on youtube , in this game he ocvd justin xian and ryan hart .

youtube.com/watch?v=-Wn6cqCA70w

Ken did very well in this tournament ... I was happy
  • TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 499
    Good stuff against Daigo, dooki. Correct me if I'm wrong, I sensed some nervousness from you. Daigo put you in the corner alot [more like you backed yourself into the corner]. Toward the end you loosened up though. Nice counter hit, set-up with the standing close fierce.
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
    When he walks forward I go like " what the hell am I supposed to do " end up in the corner ...
    When he walks forward I go like " what the hell am I supposed to do " end up in the corner ...
    At 14:20 I go against rariken sagat then -R- balrog .

• DRS MCZ ChrisDRS MCZ Chris Joined: Posts: 42
    edited February 2013

Whatsup everyone, apologies for the late response but i have been busy with college stuff. and grades, etc.

Im going to a tournament today. should be on twitch.  its a 3v3.

would love to know any setups or safejumps against characters such as adon,gouken,akuma,and guile i know alot but always looking for more from my fellow ken army members (: Thanks again guys and it doesnt have to be on those certain characters im grateful for any thing you show me. and thanks for watching my FT10 with Bken. it was a great set!
    Post edited by DRS MCZ Chris on
    I don't think it's a good idea to just leave your number here or anywhere on the internet. It's safer to just get a Twitter and use the option to get text messages whenever someone tweets you or something like that.

Besides that, good stuff reinvigorating Ken players to step their game up with your stellar results so far.
    Ehh I really didn't care since it's my fellow ken army members but you're right and if anyone would like to text me just inbox me your number and I will text you.
  • G77G77 Master Theory Fighter! Joined: Posts: 876
    Wow Dooki, really liked all your matches. Really solid. I learned a lot just from watching them and I've watched them all a couple of times already. I thought you played really well against Daigo too. Hope you took away as much as possible from it.

Keep up the good work!!

Now I'm off to try and find all of Kichi's fights on YouTube.

Peace,

G
  • CCiNOCCiNO York Street Omega Joined: Posts: 378
    I keep seeing Kichi going for this set up in the corner:

F.Throw, dash fwd, whif c.LK, jump crossover (lk or hp)

Does anyone else use this?  Is it unblockable or just super ambiguous?  Character specific?
    edited February 2013
    its super ambiguous , this set up was introduced by bon .playerjun52
    and its not specific
    G77 said:
    Wow Dooki, really liked all your matches. Really solid. I learned a lot just from watching them and I've watched them all a couple of times already. I thought you played really well against Daigo too. Hope you took away as much as possible from it.

Keep up the good work!!

Now I'm off to try and find all of Kichi's fights on YouTube.

Peace,

G
    Thanks , I only slept for two hours that day after practicing all night with my team mates for tech against justin and madcatz team ... I played the beast two minutes after waking up in the venue ... I think I could have done better ... but I enjoyed so much non the less
    edited February 2013
    This was my match when we got eleminated by team madcatz ! owwwwwneeed hahaha

• TouchdownTouchdown Joined: Posts: 499
    Good job against Mago dookie. Fei can be annoying!
    "I see many intermediate to intermediate-advanced players stuck in the realm of theory fighting. They are stuck in their minds, hung up on making “the right decision” at every point in the game..These players don’t play with enough intuition, with enough “feeling,” with enough creativity, unpredictability, and daring..."
    You guys I played MashDatDP since it's a bison is a bad matchup for ken.
    I asked Imagine4D to post it on this thread, would that be something you guys are interested in? I won 10-3
    I did throw out 200 DP's in one of the matches because of frustration (you will laugh because I still won that round aha) but yea overall I think I did pretty well.
    Always love watching your matches bro.

Keep it up!!

Peace,

G.
  • daedae22daedae22 Joined: Posts: 27
    Hello fellow Ken mates! I just wanted to introduce myself to all of my peers. I'm a fellow Ken player obviously, I play Ken in every game he is in. I'd just like to say thank you all I've used these forums as guidance for quite some time now but never felt that I had much to contribute. But I plan to be a bigger part of the Ken army  from here on out. I'd really like to thank G77 his discoveries have been priceless also DRS Chris you've been a big inpiration been following you on streams and xbl for awhile now. Also banana ken lilsicx66 Endboss (personal friend of mine) and the Japanese ken's as well(doubt they ever pop in but oh well). Dooki I just became acqainted with you recently but really great job at the Kuwait tourney man. We'll that's enough ranting from me I play a lot on xbl considering I have little local competition besides my small group of friends so I would be happy to play any of you guys my GT is TV Daedae. Thanks again!
    First of all, I would like to welcome you to the forum. I think you'll agree that despite the general perception that Ken is an extremely scrubby character, most of the contributions here, in the Ken forums, are actually very grown up and constructive. I hope that you can maintain that and take the Ken army to even greater heights!!!

I'm flattered by your post. I used to take my theory fighter very seriously and really enjoyed trying to find out as much as I possibly could about Ken. Unfortunately, I just don't play as much as I used to. Partly because there were less and less people playing online in my region and partly because I've been enjoying other titles and focusing more on my non internet based hobbies!!!

My knowledge is now quite outdated and has been surpassed by quite a few guys in here. GTF did some awesome work on unblockable setups and these have been added to by many others as well...

I still linger here in the forum like a bad smell though, so if you ever want to ask any questions then I'll always do my best to answer as promptly as I can...

Peace,

G.
  • daedae22daedae22 Joined: Posts: 27
    Thanks for the response and I will do my best to be a constructive part of the Ken collective.
    edited March 2013
    This is the set with akimo ... He from all the japs dominated me more.. Or atleast I thought so.
    PLz check whitetowerq8 channel for the rest of casuals and tourny matches ...
    Ok, I am honestly really really wanting this ken army lobby to happen, I feel like I could help out a lot of my fellow ken players not only
    In the mirror match knowledge but just in general how to play ken. I would love to see people on this forum progress!
    Please hit me up when these lobbies are being created! DRS Chris3495 is my GT.
  • Takamura13Takamura13 FADC flowchart Joined: Posts: 198
    edited March 2013
    FF decided to upload a game of mine figured i might aswell post it here.

edited March 2013
    Bunch of Kichijoji matches at 31:19

Takamura13 wrote: »
    FF decided to upload a game of mine figured i might aswell post it here.

You did pretty good, but if you would like my advice, I think you should use step kick more in the step kick range, it allows you to get in on Sagat but you have to be smart with it, use U2 to punish his fireball game and react to tiger knees.... Use safe jumps on gat to make him waste meter with a DP and it will let you get in and keep the pressure.
    If you would like to know more just ask I'm kind of busy right now
  • Takamura13Takamura13 FADC flowchart Joined: Posts: 198
    edited March 2013
    thanks i have been playing ken since day 1 console release so i pretty much know the character inside out that being said the biggest thing stopping me is having absolutely no offline experience im attending my first tournament this weekend (RFD2 in amsterdam) its funny over 4 years and ken still keeps me learning new stuff

did not use step kick too much due to the sagat players tendency to spam roundhouse which is why i used max range sweep more
    edited April 2013
    Supp guys .. been a while since I posted... but I haven't been playing much .
    I am trying to change my fireball game and master a low mp into a knockdown . I also been trying to use ultra 2 only in every match-up Just for the sake of practice .
    Here are two Vids of my ken going against an akuma in endless.

And here is a cool round against dictator in a ranked match That I thought I should share .

Another cool round with a good ken I played today . Corner Ex Fb combo set up .

Had to share XD

Post edited by dooki87 on
    Here is my match vs Alex Valle last WNF! Leave your comments (:
  • TuesdayAgainTuesdayAgain Joined: Posts: 195
    edited April 2013
    I got wrecked against BSIDA locally, man that jump in lk into bnb got me confused on which way to block. I tried to whiff cr. short against air tatsu then FADC, but he did the EX so I ate it. Tough Ken! Couple of things I realized I should've done like slide after I saw him lp shorying across the screen.
    edited April 2013

Post edited by dooki87 on

flaaaaash
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2013
    Those meaties!
  • RaelasRaelas Joined: Posts: 73
    I love how he delays the cr.mp just enough to get that Counter Hit, so smart.
    GFWL: Gamma Slap

SSFIV: Ken (Main), Yang (Alt)
    UMvC3: Hulk, Skrull, Felicia
    SFxT: Ken / Lili
  • miakmiak Joined: Posts: 84
    momochi so godlike
    sorry for my english