• JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    edited October 2014
    23:24 Momochi ranked

• lilsicx66lilsicx66 Joined: Posts: 1,242

ugh.. mooch got worked last set
    Takamura13 wrote: »
    bison beats all shoto's 6-4 imo his toolset is a good counter to them and the ex scissor buff really shuts down fireballs now again thats just my opinion

why would we be throwing fireball when bison has charge and meter? thats a noon
  • Takamura13Takamura13 FADC flowchart Joined: Posts: 198
    lilsicx66 wrote: »
    bison beats all shoto's 6-4 imo his toolset is a good counter to them and the ex scissor buff really shuts down fireballs now again thats just my opinion

i really dont feel like kens normals can compete with bison you could force him to move in the past with fireballs and punish openings DWU also gets rid of oki jumpin option selects for the most part it might not be a bad matchup perse but i just dont see how bison can struggle with ken

i really dont feel like kens normals can compete with bison you could force him to move in the past with fireballs and punish openings DWU also gets rid of oki jumpin option selects for the most part it might not be a bad matchup perse but i just dont see how bison can struggle with ken

kens c.mp at max range can compete with bisons s.mk i use c.mk and c.hk to whiff punish bisons s.hk walking and blocking is your friend. also when at max range of bisons lk scissors. s.mp from ken can stuff it as well. none of these are guaranteed but ken has some control in this match on the ground. buffer a fireball after your c.mp during footises and that will help as well.. also dont forget we got a damage increase on our fireball. do not i repeat do not be afraid to throw them during footsies and throw them in his face. but only when you see him step forward and lose his charge... as for delayed wakeup that messes with everyone.. i feel like if you have the life lead stand your ground make him work for his hit.. but if he has no meter go in and abuse him.. hope this helps a little bit.. ken owns bison when you knock him down.... and at this point we all should be able to react to a full screen physco crusher.. any other ?s id be happy to answer.. i personally love that match so maybe thats why it feels fun to me.
    bison with no meter and ken in his face is scary... trust me. can i see some of your matches vs bison? online i feel like its a different story though. so much harder to react and whiff punish

look at the matches above us vs bison.. looks pretty fair to me.. even the bison says shots are tuff.. both sides saying its rough.. sounds even
  • Takamura13Takamura13 FADC flowchart Joined: Posts: 198
    i dont got any recent video's i am only able to play 5 days a month since my IRL situation does not allow me to be home much in the last 15 months

it might be more of a playstyle thing that makes me struggle with bison more than most of kens established bad matchups
  • RalenzoRalenzo Belgian Pad player Joined: Posts: 306
    edited October 2014
    I don't main Ken, he's just an alt I like to play in endless, but I've always had a hard time with shotos against bison and I don't think it has become any easier since Ultra. I also play Bison so I know his options and what to look out for I think.
    As Bison I've always had great results against shotos, so I too believe Bison is at an advantage against other shotos.
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
  • TarekTarek Joined: Posts: 228
    Michael Tans triple DP was epic lol
  • TarekTarek Joined: Posts: 228
  • SlimztheguySlimztheguy The zen rushdown Joined: Posts: 252

A recent replay of mine... feel free to critique. More replays on my channel as well
    Slimz- Krispy Ken.. see? the stronger fighter always wins! as easy to understand as a flowchart! -Ken Masters
    Fear the Mixups Bro!
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Lol did my dude spam lp greenhand at the start of the match?
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • iWinWeDateiWinWeDate Whiff punish everything. Joined: Posts: 303
    edited June 2015
    H
    Post edited by iWinWeDate on
  • yourboycurtyourboycurt Joined: Posts: 298
    Ggs slims on xbl
    SSF4AE:Ken,
    MVC3:chris,Arthur,ironman
    BL CS:Bang
    TK vs SF: Ken,Hwoarang
    http://www.youtube.com/user/curtakacurtis
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,648
    Rewatched Maj's (Sonichurricane) original bi-weekly TAC Ken combo video from back in Vanilla. Some of the stuff he does is still mind-boggling all these years later!
  • sheerasheera Joined: Posts: 59
    Momochi playlist from this past weekend
    NCR 2015 Offstream Match El Cubano Loco vs lilsicx
    Thanks for posting. Really tough loss for me. All good though. Nice to meet you as well i hope someone got chris's match vs bonchan. Momochi hurt my feelings when he picked e.ryu lol. Striders abel aint no joke though
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,648
    You played good until you got hit by the EX Scarlett terror and follow up combo on wakeup in the 2nd last round sicx. That whiffed dp and him kara throwing your focus on wake up got you cornered, then it was easy for him to sit back, observe and counter what you did. The last round you killed all your meter on ex fireballs and walked yourself into the corner (sucks that he wake up ultra'd you as well). I'm sure the last round of the 2nd game going down to the wire didn't help you in the 3rd game either.

Vega's always been pretty tough to play footsies against imo, he's reach is just so crazy.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for posting. Really tough loss for me. All good though. Nice to meet you as well i hope someone got chris's match vs bonchan. Momochi hurt my feelings when he picked e.ryu lol. Striders abel aint no joke though

Nekojita, Shiro, Rico Suave, Pikagoma and now 801 Strider. Momochi's Ken has gotten bodied by every single Abel he's played against.
    Post edited by Shinebox on
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Momochi lost to Rico? Rough.
    edited April 2015

I was trying to record off-stream stuff, but my pool was being played when Momochi had to play. I was in Daigo's pool, but I couldn't get past the crowd to get a good angle to record him :(

Your ken is so solid bro.
    ^^i wish i could live up to that statement. But thx for the compliment. . Not happy st all with my ken atm.. but real life comes 1st... new baby on the way..
    ^^i wish i could live up to that statement. But thx for the compliment. . Not happy st all with my ken atm.. but real life comes 1st... new baby on the way..

Congrats bro good luck.
  • ShoryusenganShoryusengan Joined: Posts: 147
    unlucky lilsicx, you got bumped a few rounds there very unfortunate.
    Saw Gitanda do an interesting corner gimmick. What do you guys think? I've only experimented a little with the MK version w/ OS U2 and it seems to beat reversals and catches some teleports. More interested in the scientist on here try it out.

• SeikanoSeikano zaymax/yungzay Joined: Posts: 167
    I main Cody but have been practicing Ken for a bit, my first time using him in tourney was this past Thursday at our weekly in San Francisco. Please critique!

Here is my match against El Cubano Loco
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,232
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB