Art's Hobbies Big Update! 1/32" Acrylic, V.S., Pro, Qanba, HRAP V3/VX, Custom Art Dustwashers.

Comments

• DJYinDJYin Joined: Posts: 160 ✭✭
    After installing art's artwork on my stick I recommend that everyone should try the hair dryer trick.

A little heat on the original artwork allows it to pop off nicely and you can reuse the old art if you would like;however, the main reason is so that your new artwork printed from art will not stick to the metal panel.

That post was awhile DB, thanks for the tips though. Damn, wish I'd know about it earlier. I just tore my art off messily. Didn't really care much for it, but obviously would have been better if I conserved the SFXT art.
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    That post was awhile DB, thanks for the tips though. Damn, wish I'd know about it earlier. I just tore my art off messily. Didn't really care much for it, but obviously would have been better if I conserved the SFXT art.

Well I didn't like the original SFxT Art myself LOL. Only thing was that my artwork printed very bright and I asked Art for a reprint (Which he did, <3 you Arthur!)

Any who, I was trying to take off the first print to add the replacement print and it was stuck to that ripped off sticker crap from the original SFxT artwork. Big pain and I was planning on saving the brighter print as a keepsake...
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
    Well I didn't like the original SFxT Art myself LOL. Only thing was that my artwork printed very bright and I asked Art for a reprint (Which he did, <3 you Arthur!)

Any who, I was trying to take off the first print to add the replacement print and it was stuck to that ripped off sticker crap from the original SFxT artwork. Big pain and I was planning on saving the brighter print as a keepsake...

WTH! Wow, Im in the boat! My artwork came out super bright, I did not like it. The plexi was fantastic, but not my art print. I contacted art, but he hasn't gotten to me it yet :(. Irregardless, I made a new art design featuring Ryu. To avoid saturation / brightnesss issues, I purposely lowered the brightness / colours by a lot. His print should ideally balance things out.

And...taking off my plexi just now, I realized my current superbright artwork is indeed stuck to the adhesive residue....
    ·
    WTH! Wow, Im in the boat! My artwork came out super bright, I did not like it. The plexi was fantastic, but not my art print. I contacted art, but he hasn't gotten to me it yet :(. Irregardless, I made a new art design featuring Ryu. To avoid saturation / brightnesss issues, I purposely lowered the brightness / colours by a lot. His print should ideally balance things out.

And...taking off my plexi just now, I realized my current superbright artwork is indeed stuck to the adhesive residue....

We must prevent future youngsters from experiencing this issue.
    ·
  • SkyHighYoSkyHighYo Joined: Posts: 166
    7 days in, and it has seemed like an eternity.. only possibly 7-12 more >.<
    ·
    7 days in, and it has seemed like an eternity.. only possibly 7-12 more >.<

7-14 days.

Just wait..
    ·
    He's including the shipping days as well. I am also 7 days in on my order too. My last order came in 20 days (non business days included), so I expect the same for this one. In the meantime, its actually best not to think about it.

I also purchased mirrored and clear dustwashers. I hope they look nice with LEDs.

Hey Donkey, is there some sort of secret, easier way of changing the artwork on the SFXT FSP that I do not know of? I hate having to remove my entire Arc Eye set + buttons...but its impossible to change the artwork without doing so.
    ·
    7-14 days.

Just wait..

Yeah, I know.. I meant I'm 7 days in... and should be at max 7-12 more......... given shipping...
    ·
  • d3vd3v The Grumpy Machine. Joined: Posts: 26,405 mod
    Hey Art, you part of the Razer beta?
    For me, SF4 got fighting games backward - combos are supposed to be easy and reversals are supposed to be hard.
    -Mike_Z

·
    Yeah, I know.. I meant I'm 7 days in... and should be at max 7-12 more......... given shipping...

You have to take into consideration that Art's Hobbies is run by Art himself. It's not the typical business where there are several workers and things are made ahead of time.

You have to realize that the art and plexi are made to order. Just wait... Patience is golden.
    ·
    I'm just excited, I'm not bitching :p
    ·
    I'm just excited, I'm not bitching :p

I'm providing advice, not a lecture :P
    ·
    Advice is like.. "you should do this".. You were telling me i "have" to do this and that. Kinda similar to a lecture. Anyway lets drop this nonsense.

Does anyone know where specifically i can get those clear cylindrical spacers that are good for spacing the cthulhu on the pcb mount plate? They are featured in the assembly video around half way in
    ·
    Advice is like.. "you should do this".. You were telling me i "have" to do this and that. Kinda similar to a lecture. Anyway lets drop this nonsense.

I could say the same for your whole "I'm just excited" business.
    ·
    Look man I'm not trying to pick a stupid fight on a forum. Save the aggression for a fight game or something. And you mocked me by copying my syntax, it's all completely unnecessary. I know it takes two weeks to make (see my post saying how many days i should have left to wait, that kind of suggests i know the procedure).

I'm done with this argument or whatever you're trying to start, I'm not trying to get infracted.
    ·
    Look man I'm not trying to pick a stupid fight on a forum. Save the aggression for a fight game or something. And you mocked me by copying my syntax, it's all completely unnecessary. I know it takes two weeks to make (see my post saying how many days i should have left to wait, that kind of suggests i know the procedure).

I'm done with this argument or whatever you're trying to start, I'm not trying to get infracted.

Argument? If that's how you wanted to interpret it, sure.

I was just informing you on how busy Arthur is and you were taking it too hard.
    ·
  • AkkaAkka Joined: Posts: 287
    Argument? If that's how you wanted to interpret it, sure.

I was just informing you on how busy Arthur is and you were taking it too hard.

Actually, to an outsider like myself it did look like you were the only one being antagonizing. Anyways, its over and done with. Lets get back on topic XD.
    Go to Focus Attack.

Tyty! I think I'm going to have to grab a few of those feet. I really like 'em.
    AE: Juri
    UMvC3: Magneto/Trish/Doom
    KI: Orchid
    ·
    Actually, to an outsider like myself it did look like you were the only one being antagonizing. Anyways, its over and done with. Lets get back on topic XD.

It just makes me angry when people don't realize that this is a single owned business and people don't take that into consideration. I only let him know what Arthur has to deal with and that he is not like other businesses.
    ·
  • AkkaAkka Joined: Posts: 287
    It just makes me angry when people don't realize that this is a single owned business and people don't take that into consideration. I only let him know what Arthur has to deal with and that he is not like other businesses.

But he wasn't upset. He never was upset. He never didn't understand Art's situation. There was no reason to inform him on anything. His post clearly showed that he knew how much longer he had to wait, and that he was simply *excited* for the day to come. Next time, just let the man voice his excitement towards receiving his order. No need to white knight in that scenario. Take care.
    AE: Juri
    UMvC3: Magneto/Trish/Doom
    KI: Orchid
    ·
    But he wasn't upset. He never was upset. He never didn't understand Art's situation. There was no reason to inform him on anything. His post clearly showed that he knew how much longer he had to wait, and that he was simply *excited* for the day to come. Next time, just let the man voice his excitement towards receiving his order. No need to white knight in that scenario. Take care.

Regardless his whole "like an eternity.." made it seem like he was bitching. Until he last minute revised to "being excited".

The whole white knight phrase thing can end now. I'm only backing up Arthur's busy situations and people should take that for granted.

Farewell.
    ·
    I didn't revise anything... And if you really don't see that im excited, look at the post i made Monday in the DIY acrylic case thread :) that should dispel your beliefs that im bitching
    ·
    I didn't revise anything... And if you really don't see that im excited, look at the post i made Monday in the DIY acrylic case thread :) that should dispel your beliefs that im bitching

Funny you say you're done with the "argument" but you're back for more..

Any who I'm getting very sick of this and should put an end to this,

I'm sorry for all the miscommunication and I didn't mean to make it too harsh. I only wanted others to realize how Art runs the whole thing but then again you were "excited" so who cares. Goodluck on your order and all of us wish to see the results.
    ·
  • flame1626flame1626 Joined: Posts: 31
    So, funny enough, I had kind of the same idea as that Hello Kitty stick, re: using acrylic cutouts to create a unique effect, and Art started working with me on it months ago. Instead of being a Tek case, however, mine is a custom plexi set for a TE-S. I had a PS360+ put in at the same time, which ended up taking a little longer than expected, but it's finally done and I can show it off.

Gl7Sf.jpg

qW7hN.jpg

[SIZE=13px]So what you're seeing here is actually two layers of acrylic with an artwork print underneath it all. The top layer is clear, save for the PS3/360 button label etchings; the middle layer is an opaque glossy black plexi with a logo cut out of it (it's for a band I like), and the logo is filled in with clear acrylic pieces cut to fit the logo; and the bottom layer is the artwork, which only shows through where the logo is cut away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px]Once the Remora PCB LED controller has the functionality I'm looking for, I'll probably be cracking it back open to add LEDs to all the buttons, hopefully with color scheme presets that are game-dependent.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13px]Big thanks to Art for doing some major tinkering and testing to make sure this idea would work; as far as I know, this is not within the normal range of services he offers (because it was probably a big pain in the ass to do), but he hooked me up. Also thanks to rivals for handling the internal work.[/SIZE]

This is such an AMAZING stick. I was just wondering what kind of buttons those are and where can i get them. i think u said in another thread that they were sanwa obsms? but i cant find ones that look like that
    ·
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,339
    Get rid of the image quotes before you get (rightfully) infracted.
    XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget
    ·
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭
    Sanwa OBSC-30 actually.
    Clear White OBSC-30 with swapped Plungers.

You can buy from Focus Attack already swapped.
    So you do not have to buy two set of Buttons.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    ·
  • BrosnanBrosnan Joined: Posts: 60
    This is such an AMAZING stick. I was just wondering what kind of buttons those are and where can i get them. i think u said in another thread that they were sanwa obsms? but i cant find ones that look like that
    Thanks dude! I love the buttons too -- I was planning to go with Seimitsus again, but when I saw these, it made me change my mind. Like jdm said, they're available in all basic colors on FocusAttack. Here's a link for the black ones, but you can find the rest along with all the other Sanwa 30mm buttons: http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsc-30mm-pushbutton-clear-rim-solid-plunger-black/
    ·
  • flame1626flame1626 Joined: Posts: 31
    Thanks dude! I love the buttons too -- I was planning to go with Seimitsus again, but when I saw these, it made me change my mind. Like jdm said, they're available in all basic colors on FocusAttack. Here's a link for the black ones, but you can find the rest along with all the other Sanwa 30mm buttons: http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsc-30mm-pushbutton-clear-rim-solid-plunger-black/

Thanks so much! It`s going to really help with my design idea. :D
    ·
  • IjiwaruIjiwaru SLUT CRUSHER Joined: Posts: 183
    Anyone have any close up pics of Art's mirror plexis that have been etched? The examples and explanations on Tek-Innovations are a bit small to see the detail on how the etch becomes kinda opaque with whatever color underneath it.
    ·
  • Naoto ShiroganeNaoto Shirogane Detective Prince Joined: Posts: 292
    I just received my custom dustwasher in the mail today, Art. It looks great and I can't wait to install it. :tup:
    ·
  • zaneikenzaneiken Joined: Posts: 77
    Anyone have any close up pics of Art's mirror plexis that have been etched? The examples and explanations on Tek-Innovations are a bit small to see the detail on how the etch becomes kinda opaque with whatever color underneath it.

Here's one of my etched mirror plexis with black paper underneath:

img2798g.jpg
    ·
    I like the mirror + etch look :P From the small view, your stick looks very very clean.
    ·
  • Dr. FaustDr. Faust Charging all day long Joined: Posts: 567
    Hey can you make anything for etokk korean sticks?
    Steam: J4Dustloop
    Ultra: Vega(Claw), Sub:Dhalsim
    GG:Axl
    KOFXIII: Beni, Ash, Leona
    SSB4:Lil Mac, Robin, Toon Link
    Watch live video from j4dustloop on www.twitch.tv
    ·
  • Hustle KongHustle Kong Joined: Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    I just got my first attempt at photoshop in. I didn't do it perfectly, but i like it.

Please forgive the terrible phone picture

EDIT: While it will be visible to almost no one under normal circumstances, I went and replaced the start and back buttons with yellow ones to complete the charade. It sure is a pain to get to those, comparatively.

DDFAC2B1-463B-45EA-A57B-D4DAB4F24E20-27694-000027D838AD473C.jpg
    "Street Fighting's my communication!"
    ·
    Nice and Clean print art! Thanks Arthur!

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03183.jpg
    ·
  • binabykbinabyk Joined: Posts: 15
    I ordered a plexi and printed art for my FS PRO, but am unable to find a video on youtube or a website with a tutorial to help me out (they're all for the TEs). From what I can gather, is this all I have to do when I receive it?

- open up the back of the joystick
    - unscrew the balltop, disconnect and pop out the buttons
    - peel off the sticker currently on the top
    - remove the screws from the metal plate
    - put my artwork/plexi on
    - screw new screws in
    - put buttons / balltop back on
    - reconnect buttons
    - close up the back of the joystick

Thanks for your help, and I'll post pics once I'm done!
    ·
  • Bad_Boy_BrazilBad_Boy_Brazil Joined: Posts: 1,106
    Waiting for a FE 6 buttons layout plexiglas :/
    ·
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 83
    Can the SFxT VS sticks use a plexi replacement panel like Art has for the TE and TE-S sticks?
    ·
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 83
    Nice and Clean print art! Thanks Arthur!

Very nice. Digging the theme.
    ·
    I ordered a plexi and printed art for my FS PRO, but am unable to find a video on youtube or a website with a tutorial to help me out (they're all for the TEs). From what I can gather, is this all I have to do when I receive it?

- open up the back of the joystick
    - unscrew the balltop, disconnect and pop out the buttons
    - peel off the sticker currently on the top
    - remove the screws from the metal plate
    - put my artwork/plexi on
    - screw new screws in
    - put buttons / balltop back on
    - reconnect buttons
    - close up the back of the joystick

Thanks for your help, and I'll post pics once I'm done!

I'd recommend you use a hairdryer to remove the original top panel artwork.

The heat will help you significantly when you're pulling off the default/stock artwork off the SFxT Pro.

Other than that, if you know how to disassemble an SFxT Pro Stick, what you stated is good.

Very nice. Digging the theme.

Thanks!
    ·
  • binabykbinabyk Joined: Posts: 15
    I'd recommend you use a hairdryer to remove the original top panel artwork.
    The heat will help you significantly when you're pulling off the default/stock artwork off the SFxT Pro.
    Other than that, if you know how to disassemble an SFxT Pro Stick, what you stated is good.

Thanks for the tip!! :)
    ·
  • BelobogBelobog Joined: Posts: 1
    I know I shouldn't really be concerned with swapping art, let alone buying an arcade stick with how uninitiated I am when it comes to fighting games, but I've just ordered the SCV Madcatz and was thinking of changing the artwork. My only real concern in doing so is that I'm not sure if the image I've put together will come out alright. What can I do to make sure the printed image is not going to end up looking too low-res? Or if it looks good enough on my monitor is that what I should expect? (Sorry for the dumb/basic question, just don't want to wait on it to ship and have it end up half-decent if I could have sorted it out beforehand)
    ·
    I know I shouldn't really be concerned with swapping art, let alone buying an arcade stick with how uninitiated I am when it comes to fighting games, but I've just ordered the SCV Madcatz and was thinking of changing the artwork. My only real concern in doing so is that I'm not sure if the image I've put together will come out alright. What can I do to make sure the printed image is not going to end up looking too low-res? Or if it looks good enough on my monitor is that what I should expect? (Sorry for the dumb/basic question, just don't want to wait on it to ship and have it end up half-decent if I could have sorted it out beforehand)

As long as you used large pictures than stretching small ones, then you're print should come out just fine.
    ·
  • MotoyukiMotoyuki Joined: Posts: 256
    Hey guys quick question. If I have a TE and I want to use an extended plexi, is 1/32" the only option for it to sit flush with the plastic case? Or is 1/16" ok? Trying to avoid having a raised edge near the palm rest.
    ·
  • NilokNilok Joined: Posts: 21
    So the SFxT Pro and the Evo Pro are for all intents and purposes the same stick, right? I'm just wondering if I were to order art and a plexi for the SFxT stick it would fit the same way.

That and while I have the attention of all you readers, is there anything else I should know about this stick? I read the SFxT stick has a screw that was over exposed and some found uncomfortable. is that true for the EVO and are there any other weird little quirks? I have a HRAP3 that I like and already tricked out a few years ago, but I felt like it was time to add to the collection.
    ·
    So the SFxT Pro and the Evo Pro are for all intents and purposes the same stick, right? I'm just wondering if I were to order art and a plexi for the SFxT stick it would fit the same way.

That and while I have the attention of all you readers, is there anything else I should know about this stick? I read the SFxT stick has a screw that was over exposed and some found uncomfortable. is that true for the EVO and are there any other weird little quirks? I have a HRAP3 that I like and already tricked out a few years ago, but I felt like it was time to add to the collection.

EVO Pro and SFxT Pro are the exact sticks. Only thing that is different is the EVO Pro has a translucent blue case, EVO style artwork, and..... it's white colored PCB. Other than that, no difference.

As for the screw you are talking about, I have had no trouble with it but I guess some people are just picky and Arthur has an option where you can omit the middle screw on the artwork.
    ·
  • NilokNilok Joined: Posts: 21
    Yeah I read about that option. I get the stick tomorrow so I'll break it in a little before I get the plexi/art. thanks for the info
    ·
  • scrazmscrazm Learnin' Joined: Posts: 8
    Hi! I just came to give Art some props for his customer service. I've been in touch with him via email and he's beem a huge help in figuring out how to use his Tek series as part of a custom build. Super friendly and informative. Thanks, Mr. Hong!
    ·
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Hi! I just came to give Art some props for his customer service. I've been in touch with him via email and he's beem a huge help in figuring out how to use his Tek series as part of a custom build. Super friendly and informative. Thanks, Mr. Hong!
    Yup. A great buisness. I also thank you Art.
    ·
  • bartrebartre Joined: Posts: 22
    Hey art, I emailed you about a problem with my order and have yet to receive a response, just checking if you're around or if you've been busy.
    thanks.
    ·
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 831 ✭✭✭
    Does the 1/32" acrylic have any other benefits over the 1/16" one? Or it's just slimmer?
    ·