Art's Hobbies Big Update! 1/32" Acrylic, V.S., Pro, Qanba, HRAP V3/VX, Custom Art Dustwashers.

Comments

• Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 86
    Does the 1/32" acrylic have any other benefits over the 1/16" one? Or it's just slimmer?

I believe its slimmer so you can use it with artwork.
    ·
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe its slimmer so you can use it with artwork.

For new sticks I guess? I have the 1/16" on my TE with artwork.
    ·
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 86
    LOL, you're right. I was thinking of the VS stick to have it flush.
    ·
  • ComradeTaoComradeTao Rock It! Joined: Posts: 1,272
    Does anyone have any side pictures of the 1/32" plexiglass on a Fightstick Pro? I'm interested in picking one up but I want to see how much it raises the platform first. Thanks.
    With God, all things are possible.

The words "Hype", "Community", "Salty", and "Troll" have lost meaning due to overuse.
    ·
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Hey Art, do you do panel replacements for a TE-S using hitbox layout? Didn't see the option on the site so wasn't sure.

·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    Does anyone have any side pictures of the 1/32" plexiglass on a Fightstick Pro? I'm interested in picking one up but I want to see how much it raises the platform first. Thanks.

I'm too lazy to take pictures of it already mounted on my pro. But it's like the size of a thin sheet of plastic. It also barely raises the platform.
    Try looking for the thread that's about if you can paint a fightstick. I should have a picture of my SFxT Pro in there.

Go to page 80 for pics of my SFxT with the 1/32 Acrylic mounted on it. It's hardly noticeable but still has a little edge showing.
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Hey Art, do you do panel replacements for a TE-S using hitbox layout? Didn't see the option on the site so wasn't sure.

select custom layout
    ·
  • WebScudWebScud Steam/GFWL/PSN: WebScud Joined: Posts: 26
    I'm doing a 100% mirror red stick with etching on the top and bottom. I really don't know what I'm doing in Photoshop -- will these come out looking alright?

Top:
    Spoiler:
    Bottom:
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Crap,

Art...!

I've gotta buy some stuff from you when I have some spare change! (After I buy some parts to finish out several empty/partly-finished joystick cases.)

Geez, if the politicians didn't already bankrupt the country, a bunch of people would be in trouble with their bank accounts after seeing the new product you're offering!

There's a lot of cool stuff there... Besides the new plexis for the VS, SC V (Hori), and FS Pro, I'm most impressed with the options for the dustcovers. I just know there are probably about 4-5 custom dustcovers I have in mind...
    ·
  • iflexxiflexx Joined: Posts: 9
    Sent Art an email more than a few days ago, haven't heard back yet though... is something going on?
    I was just curious if or how I can actually order a solid black plexi for my HRAP VX as on the website I can only see a clear option. I was aware that people have sprayed the reverse side before installing the plexi but if there an actualy solid black version I can order?
    ·
  • iflexxiflexx Joined: Posts: 9
    Is the site still being tended too? I've sent a couple of emails now with no reply - cautious to order because of this fact.
    I just wanted to confirm if I could order a black plexi for my HRAP VX as there is no color option on the product page.
    ·
  • LiQuiD[EViL]LiQuiD[EViL] . Joined: Posts: 117
    The HRAP panel replacement is available in black, not the plexi cover.
    http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=11&subcat=&item=115
    Keep in mind that it'll take about 2 weeks or longer to get your stuff but it's always worth the wait.
    ·
  • HanSoo417HanSoo417 Joined: Posts: 105
    What are the chances of getting products for the HRAP V3/VX SA Kai?
    PSN: HanSoo417
    ·
  • StickNoobStickNoob Joined: Posts: 22
    Is there a panel layout like the namco noir layout?
    ·
  • TheFightingFishTheFightingFish Joined: Posts: 17
    Just a quick question here. I'm looking at putting in an order for a couple of TE Plexi replacements, which I'm actually going to used built into a custom stick (worth the price to not have to deal with cutting / drilling my own Lexan, I hated that last time). By the listed thickness it looks like either snapins or screwin buttons should work with these panels. For folks who have worked with them before, do you recommend the screwins or the snapins? Didn't really see it listed on Art's site.
    ·
  • AkkaAkka Joined: Posts: 287
    Here's one of my etched mirror plexis with black paper underneath:

I'm wanting to do this with Mirror Purple Plexy but with Juri. Do you mind explaining what I need to do to my art to do this?
    AE: Juri
    UMvC3: Magneto/Trish/Doom
    KI: Orchid
    ·
  • stevestevensonstevestevenson Joined: Posts: 173
    Got my buttons in this morning, put it all together here:
    http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h64/AndyLam604/1.jpg

My only issue with this is the little bump in the plexi in the top left. Tried the 'loosen the screws, flattening the area and then tighten the screws' many times to no avail, don't really wanna drill a new hole into the plexi/plate so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
    (yes I know this quote was from 2009) I have the same issue with my HRAP full plexi. it doesnt bother me THAT much. photo is from the back but you can also notice it from the front holding the stick normally.

34g3dao.jpg
    ·
  • zaneikenzaneiken Joined: Posts: 85
    I'm wanting to do this with Mirror Purple Plexy but with Juri. Do you mind explaining what I need to do to my art to do this?
    Posterize your art. It needs to be 2 colours only - black and white, no shades of grey.
    ·
  • madmalkavmadmalkav Joined: Posts: 40
    Any news on the IL-compatible cases?
    ·
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Hay Art I need new corner connector peices for my tech case. I checked the website and didn't see them for sale. I would like them colored.
    ·
  • SoaD0031SoaD0031 Joined: Posts: 24
    Hey Art any news when there will be a plexi for the Hori HRAP V3 SA Kai?
    ·
    Is it even possible to get a clear plexi replacement panel for a Hori SCV due to the start bottom cover mechanism thingy?
    ·
  • GenericasterGenericaster Stupid Newbie Joined: Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Is it even possible to get a clear plexi replacement panel for a Hori SCV due to the start bottom cover mechanism thingy?
    Pretty sure Art has you covered there.

Whoops, my mistake; didn't realize you were referring to the custom replacement panels. Sorry.
    Post edited by Genericaster on
    ·
    No worries. Maybe I'll just get a few of the plexi's and put them on top of another. Wonder if that'll work
    ·
    anyone place an order recently? did everything go ok? hesitant to pull the trigger on an order considering the lack of contact
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    anyone place an order recently? did everything go ok? hesitant to pull the trigger on an order considering the lack of contact
    It's okay. Art generally is busy most of the times but he never hesitates on an order. I have contacted him several times but he only responded to one complaint I had where my art was printed too brightly and he replaced it with no charge.

Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
  • dstlndstln Joined: Posts: 302
    I ordered recently and it went fine.
    ·
  • .Cobra.Cobra Winds Of Madness Joined: Posts: 2,553
    Had several customers for my templates recently place an order from him, and they're all extremely happy with the turnaround and quality of his work. (I always refer them to Tek-Innovations if they need artwork printed+cut) 

He might just be backed up, he's a really busy guy. 

PGFX Kiu, AKA "Wesker".
    ·
  • kombatmedikkombatmedik Joined: Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I put an order in over the weekend, I'll post when I get it. 
    ·
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,370 ✭✭
    I got an order a day later than anticipated, but I blame a few holidays for the delay. I placed another order on Saturday.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
    ·
  • dstlndstln Joined: Posts: 302
    Yeah this isn't a service you'd pick if you need a product quickly, but you'll get it.  He could probably use a helper to clear out the backlog and speed things up.
    ·
    I just received a shipping notification for my order.
    ·
    thanks all, I went ahead and placed an order a couple days ago :)
    Now, if only I can get his attention for the custom stuff lol
    ·
  • CrusayerCrusayer Joined: Posts: 7
    Do you guys know if art's custom panels (the madcatz TE ones I reckon) fit his own custom cases? The case building thing doesn't let you customize the holes aside from the presets.
    ·
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter Joined: Posts: 2,830
    Just placed an order for some stuff for my VS stick. Worried about what some other people have been posting about the 1/32" plexis warping and I'm real perfectionist but, I'll have to just see how it turns out!

excited either way.
    grapsf.com
    ·
    Woooo my package got misrouted. Should have arrived today, but USPS screwed up. Here's hoping I get it tomorrow, I got my PS360+ today from Focus-Attack and I'm waiting to do all this at once.
    ·
  • LammeLamme Joined: Posts: 109
    edited March 2013
    Anyone else having problems uploading their psd file to tek-innovations.com? I've tried 3 different browsers, currently trying Firefox but it's been jamming there for over 20 minutes now.
    Also tried to contact him to ask if any of my uploads came through, but he hasn't replied to the email that I sent 3 days ago.

edit: after 40+ minutes of waiting IE gave me an "webpage cannot be loaded" error. Firefox was loading forever. Sup?
    Post edited by Lamme on
    Steam: Lamme PSN: Lammez- Live: Lammaz
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/realLamme
    ·
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 I just keep gettin back up Joined: Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Ordered my MC SCV plexi on Sunday 3/17 for my new stick. I can't wait and I might go back for the bottom piece :D
    Avian Smackdown
    ·
  • kAAkAA third strike yo! Joined: Posts: 28
    my plexy was shipped on 12/17 and its lost since then, i tried to talk to the site owner but he never replies my e-mails
    ·
    Placed my order for an artwork print and plexi for a Hori SCV on 03/06/13 and realized today that it had past the 14 day mark so was looking for the paypal payment email so I can send Art an email only to remember I used my wife's paypal account to pay for it. So, I went to the paypal account and it said shipped and had a tracking number. "sweet" I thought and clicked to track and it said out for delivery and 2 seconds later the mailman knocked on my door with it :D

Thank you Art!! Now, if only you'd respond to your emails so I can place a custom order :( (need a clear replacement panel for the Hori SCV as well as a clear replacement for the bottom panel)
    ·
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    I placed an order with Art a little less than a month ago for a Tek Case and artwork to go with it. Got it early last week, and it was even better than I expected! He seems to be busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest, but based on everything I read before ordering, he does not disappoint... But in the very few cases that he has, he's been quick to make it right.

After my experience and everything I've read about him, Art gets Max Kudos in my book, and I will definitely be hitting him up again when the need arises... Thanks, Art!
    ·
  • DEATH™DEATH™ Submit, or else... Joined: Posts: 54
    Guys, I need help.

I'm looking for a custom panel that can accommodate a Myounshin Fanta stick, I tried looking at Art's Hobbies but their custom panels only have JLF stick style on it. Is there any way I can have a custom one with Fanta instead?
    ·
  • KPinoyKPinoy Filipino Canadian Gamer Joined: Posts: 23
    Just wondering, which plexi and artwork would fit the mad catz TTT2 TE S+ stick?
    PSN ID - FilipinoN1NJA
    ·
  • DEATH™DEATH™ Submit, or else... Joined: Posts: 54
    KPinoy wrote: »
    Just wondering, which plexi and artwork would fit the mad catz TTT2 TE S+ stick?

Most probably the SCV stick layout...
    ·
    I ordered my MC SCV plexi 3/17. Today I got my tracking number from PayPal. I'm in SLC UT. How long you think it'll take to get here?
    Avian Smackdown
    ·
  • TheFightingFishTheFightingFish Joined: Posts: 17
    Just popped in an order for some dust covers and two TE Plexis that I'm going to be using in an interesting 2P stick build. Excited to get into the woodshop when the order gets in. Hopefully I'll have something cool to show ya'll in a few months time. Also, do folks happen to have recommendations for using screw in vs. snap in buttons on Art's panel replacements? Seems like either would work given the thickness.
    ·
  • SuperVehicle001SuperVehicle001 Joined: Posts: 51
    I wish there was a way to search within this thread... anyway

The case and stick seem pretty simple to put together. Anyone have a parts list and a visual guide on putting in the PCB and hooking up all the parts? I'll use the Cthulu PCB. I already saw the video on how to assemble the case but I also need a guide on what snaps into what. As long as there is no soldiering needed I should be able to do this.
    ·
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter Joined: Posts: 2,830
    Just placed an order for some stuff for my VS stick. Worried about what some other people have been posting about the 1/32" plexis warping and I'm real perfectionist but, I'll have to just see how it turns out!

excited either way.

Just arrived today. Never got a shipping email but, who cares!

Everything is awesome. Can't figure out how to take the front panel out of a madcatz fightstick VS but, that's not related to the plexi!

grapsf.com
    ·
    Got my SCV plexi today and its perfect!
    Avian Smackdown
    ·
  • kAAkAA third strike yo! Joined: Posts: 28
    almost 4 months waiting
    ·