Evansville, IN

2»

Comments

• PandablePandable The Ace of Cubs Joined: Posts: 12
    Happiest meal -

Me and two of the other folks who run SWIFGA (Southwest Indiana Fighting Game Association) know Jess, the girl who's in charge (I think) of event planning at Eville con. We're putting together a panel about the fighting game scene, and were going to organize an SSFIV-AE and an ST tournament. Rather than both competing over this, why don't you get in touch with us and we collaborate to make this amazing? :D

hit me up -
    attackpanda@gmail.com, or I can PM you a phone number
  • Happiest MealHappiest Meal Joined: Posts: 11
    Pandable -

I know Jenn, not Jess. And Jenn isn't the person in charge of the video game area, some fella I don't know named Joey is. I talked to her, not him, and she said that he was fine with me setting up a table in the video game area, but it was mentioned that he was already working on tournaments. I'm sure we could do something as long as it didn't step on their toes. After speaking with her I was just going to set up, a table with some chairs, bring my stick and spare stick, my Xbox360, a small HD TV, and a collection of games and just go to town with whoever was around.

But I'm far more interested in teaming up for something big. Heck perhaps enough people will show interest that once a month we can all go to Ebash (bleh), and beat the snot out of eachother every couple of months or so.

Anyway work the 3rd shift, so I can be hard to get a hold of on the phone because if my sleep/work schedule. I also don't really keep track of my e-mail, however I do frequent Facebook. If you have FB I'll send you a link to my page and we can talk there :).

Let's get some interest up for this.
    And that goes for anyone that wants to get hype, hit me up with a PM and I'll get you my FB page.
    I've been rather busy as of late, and I keep forgetting to check the SRK boards.. let me link you to my FB page; we'll keep in better contact there. you've got a PM.
    Letting anyone who reads this know - we've got an Ultracade cab at Two bit with a lot of fighters on it. The lag is managable, but the parts are kinda shoddy, but I have word from a friend who works there that they're either going to swap in Sanwa parts or choice american parts.

Shoddy parts or not, we're in the middle of nowhere, so we take what we get. Weekly meetups where we play Hyper Fighting and Super Turbo are going on. There's also a lot of KOF games, Vampire Savior, and god knows what else on that cab (Waku Waku 7 lolololol), but we're mostly playing HF and ST.

We've also had a few SF4/MVC3/etc fight nights at peoples houses. facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/116024458490704/ or PM me if you wanna meet up with us.
  • EseifEseif Joined: Posts: 10
    Hope this thread is still alive...

What kind of fighting game community does Evansville really have? My friend and I have been playing fighting games (mostly AE 2012 and UMvC3) for over a year now and recently we've been interested in meeting new players, because face it, playing against the same person over and over can get boring after a while. We currently live on campus at USI. It would be great if there was some sort of street fighter community down here, but if so I don't know anything about it.
  • OneSwellFoopOneSwellFoop Mew Nember Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey, I see you there. I wondered where you came from haha.
    SWIFGA - Southwestern Indiana Fighting Game Association Facebook Group
  • cheezface immortalcheezface immortal unbeatlievable Joined: Posts: 1,082
    dang i wish Fort Wayne had a cabinet with SF2 games around. i prefer my ST but HF is real fun too. if y'all ever want to come down and play let us know in advance and i'm sure we can figure something out. would have to play on some other format though, like the ggpo client on a laptop, or classic mode on HDR, HF on the xbox... something.

i would say to play online but my internet is no good so it's in person gaming or bust for me.
    I am, quite possibly, the greatest man alive!
    Steven Seagal as The Cockpuncher - "I don't think you have the balls."
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    At least you're a little closer to say the Chicago area or Indy where there surely must be some form of scene. Is there much of a scene up in your neck of the woods?
    me? no i am the only one that plays SF2 in Fort Wayne. i think Indianapolis has only 1 or 2 folks as well. our FW scene isn't very strong right now anyway but that should be changing soon.

there is an ST tourney this weekend in Indy and one in Cincy in April. not sure how close Cincy is for y'all.
    Chaos Crypt - "I'd say we sound like the primeval howl from the cursed newborn."
    not sure how close Cincy is for y'all.

It's a good distance. We've only a few people in our scene interested in ST. However, at out upcoming local anime convention we've gotten together with the business running the game room there so we could do some mvc3, ssfivae, and sfxt tourneys. Evillecon. Not much for the weeaboo scene anymore, but the weekend long tourneys and casuals sound pretty hype.
  • BlackBeltStatusBlackBeltStatus Joined: Posts: 83
    expme2resize.png

Stream will be provided by Zexerous and Nova. All games being played on 360 will have a dedicated stream station. Please RSVP on the Facebook Event too so i will have numbers to work with THANKS! pay out is determined by participants top 3 is guaranteed http://www.facebook.com/events/354541534565147/
    Ugh, so far. We at SWIFGA are hosting a SFIV, MvC3, and SFxT tourney at our local rinkydink anime con here in town. Not o be associated with the brawl and MK tournaments there (their rules say, get this: no spamming lololol). www.evillecon.com
  • HurriKaneDeckHurriKaneDeck Max Outman Joined: Posts: 38
    I thought I'd make an Evansville thread with actual information on the front page, now that we've built a scene in this town. The other thread has a whole page of people saying we don't have a scene - and now we do. :D

Southwestern Indiana Fighting Game Association(SWIFGA for short) is a growing fighting game community based in the Evansville area. Mostly we play SF4, but we're gaining Marvel players lately, too.

So far we've had two tournaments and we hold regular fight nights. The group is for hardcore and casual players alike.

Soon, SWIFGA is hosting a three-day tournament at E-ville con( http://www.evillecon.com/ ), Friday we'll have an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament, Saturday we'll have a Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v.2012 tournament, and on Sunday, we'll have a Street Fighter x Tekken tournament, with casuals of many games lasting throughout the day.

The small details are still in the works, but the dates are set for March 9-11th.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/116024458490704/
    FEEL THE RYTHM, FEEL THE RHYME, GET ON UP, ITS DEEJAY TIME
    Woohoo, finally an Evansville thread that looks official. Hope they don't close this one down for being a duplicate - it's good to have our info on the first page of the thread. Anyway, in the last thread we were all talking about HF and ST in addition to modern games, so I want to reiterate - Two Bit Bandit has an ultracade with shoddy parts, but it has HF and ST, and we go and play it.

Fort Wayne crew was talking about us coming up there or vice versa. This should happen.
  • obertorobertor Joined: Posts: 310
    Hey I'm very interested in meeting up with local players... I'm about 30 mins out of evansville and I'm there all the time...

Any updates on the tournaments that are suppose to take place this weekend?
    Yessir, we passed out fliers(posting soon). The tournament is taking place March 30th-April 1st.
    The con is open: Friday - 1200-0100; Saturday - 0800-0100; Sunday - 0800-1800.
    The projected Tournament times are Friday - 1900; Saturday - 1200; Sunday - 1200.
    Second flier uploading soon.sZd3U.jpg
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I'll be in Artist Alley (Table 4)
    but I want to take some time out and compete in these tourney's and meet some of you
    which console will SSF4 and SF X TK be played on?
    I assume it is standard tourney fare BYOS - Best of two? Double elmination or single?
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    I'll be in Artist Alley (Table 4)
    but I want to take some time out and compete in these tourney's and meet some of you
    which console will SSF4 and SF X TK be played on?
    I assume it is standard tourney fare BYOS - Best of two? Double elmination or single?

All tournaments will be on xbox 360, unless we're able to get a member of SWIFGA to donate a PS3 for the event. I'll get back to you on the way the tournament will run, but many SWIFGA members are bringing sticks, maybe more than one, so if you're unable to get a stick, there should be an extra one.
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I'll have my own stick, just needed to make sure which console stick to bring.
    Thanks a lot for getting back with me
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
    No problem, looking forward to seeing you there. Do you live near or in Evansville? If so, we welcome you to check out SWIFGA's facebook group. We meet up often to play various fighting games. So far we've found over 30 others in the Evansville area for the group.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/116024458490704/254078538018628/?notif_t=group_activity
    I will also be bringing a PS3 there so we will have both consoles. I'm not sure which one we'll be playing the tournaments on though
  • Twilight_NovaTwilight_Nova Joined: Posts: 102
    Hey guys. The second edition of Michiana Clash will be on June 16th. For all of you not planning on going to CEO, there will be $1000 in pot bonuses between the 4 games! RSVP on Facebook so we can get a rough estimate of how many are showing up. Hope to see you all out there!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-16-2012-michiana-clash-ii-summer-showdown-1000-total-pot-bonuses-mishawaka-in.158159/

https://www.facebook.com/events/332724593449227/
    I think a lot of us are apprehensive about driving so far out to that Michiana. Most of us are practically in Kentucky after all. Hell, I think it's a stretch but from the milling about on our boards, it does look like we might make a showing at boilerfrag though. At least some of us will. Thanks for the invites fellas.
    y'all like oldschool SF2 a lot in Evansville from what i understand, is that right? there was some talk on the facebook event page for Boiler Frag about ST play and that's probably the only way i'd want to attend is if the possible side tourney and money matches go down. Evansville folks should get hype about going to Boiler Frag to play ST and maybe i'll come! :D
    y'all like oldschool SF2 a lot in Evansville from what i understand, is that right? there was some talk on the facebook event page for Boiler Frag about ST play and that's probably the only way i'd want to attend is if the possible side tourney and money matches go down. Evansville folks should get hype about going to Boiler Frag to play ST and maybe i'll come! :D

I'm pretty sure I'm going, and I'm mad excited for some SF2 play, as well as SFxT. I'm really hoping there will be some SkullGirls going on, as well.
    We've made sure that we've got our best SFxT players to come up for the tournament(as well as some casuals for many games ;D). Thanks for the invite peoples, see you there.

So far we've got at least 4 confirmed members heading up the Saturday morning, SouthWest side representing.
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod
    This is it! Only one week remains to register for UFGT8, which goes down from May 25th to the 27th in Chicago / Northbrook, IL. If you choose to register at the door, it will cost $10 more than it does right now, and you will not be seeded regionally or by skill. Here are just a few of the reasons you need to be at UFGT8:

-Fun and Games corner, including Super Balrog Ball and DIVEKICK, to keep you busy winning prizes between your pool assignments.
    -Community panels, including discussions hosted by Justin Wong, Iron Galaxy Studios, and Victor "Sp00ky" Fontanz
    -Cheap trip! Hotel rooms are only $69 a night, and parking is free.
    -Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown beta and free tournament; the midwest's first chance to play FS!
    -FOUR Character Auction side events; SSF4AE, KoF13, SFxT, and UMvC3
    -The Ultimate Payout System, which scales payouts and bonuses with the number of entries in a game, and pays out roughly the top 10% of entries
    -Cash bonuses in SSF4AE, UMvC3, and SCV provided by EVO. Cash bonus in MK9 provided by WB/NRS. Cash bonus and custom arcade stick prize in Skullgirls, provided by Autumn Games.
    -Infinity Gauntlet trophies for 1st place in SSF4AE, UMvC3, SFxT, SCV, SG, MK9, KoF13, Mystery Game Tournament, Super Balrog Ball Tournament, and Divekick Tournament.
    -Over 80 raffle prizes, including nearly 40 arcade sticks. Everyone who pre-registers is automatically in the Door Prize Raffle, everyone who attends panels gets tickets to the Panel Raffle, and anyone who plays in the Fun and Games corner gets Fun and Games Raffle Tickets.
    -Every setup, provided by Focus Fire, runs on an "EVO" Asus monitor.

Head over to http://ufgt.us/ and click Register to get it taken care of. Preliminary pool assignments (subject to change) will be available online on May 21st for review, and you'll have a day or so to spot regional seeding problems and get them to me. The final set of pool assignments will be available on May 23rd. See you guys in just under two weeks, and please travel safely to Chicago.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
    SWIFGA - SouthWest Indiana Fighting Game Association will be hosting a Halloween inspired Vampire Savior tournament!

Game: Vampire Savior
    Location: Two Bit Bandit; 1650 Morgan Center Drive, Evansville, IN 47715
    Date/Time: Friday, October 26; 7:30pm

The machine is set to $0.50 a play, so be prepared to pay for your own games, but in dire circumstances, I'm sure the community will provide. Tournament format TBA based on attendance. No prize is currently set and its all just for fun, but we may whip up something small.

Usually our events are small and private, but since this one is in a public place, I'd like to make it available to the public and encourage new members and build our community here.

It's not required to attend, but I encourage you to visit SWIFGA.com, which will redirect to our group's Facebook page and get in on our fight nights and every few months, our King of SWIFGA title event.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,145
    Hi,everyone. I'm from around the Owensboro,KY area. We have a whole tri-state area around us and I'm wanting to bring people from around that area together as a community. Just bumping this thread to see if any of you guys are still alive out there. I'm wanting to throw something real soon.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Hey Foolinfection, we don't really use Shoryuken.com that much. We do have a moderately active group of facebook called 'Southwest Indiana Fighting Game Avengers' (SWIFGA for short) Look us up there if you're interested.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,644
    I should be back into the Tri-State for a bit in January, let's see if we can get something going.

If so, I may have a few friends from Illinois willing to make a drive over to Evansville to play. Especially if I bribe them with food.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,145
    Hey Foolinfection, we don't really use Shoryuken.com that much. We do have a moderately active group of facebook called 'Southwest Indiana Fighting Game Avengers' (SWIFGA for short) Look us up there if you're interested.

Found it a while back. I'm the dude posting on there with the ST boards currently building a super gun.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,644
    At this point, have you considered just buying a UD-CPS2? I don't know how far along on the project you are, but it might be better for you to just do that, seeing as it can hook up to any CRT TV and can be used with USB sticks.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited August 2013
    At this point, have you considered just buying a UD-CPS2? I don't know how far along on the project you are, but it might be better for you to just do that, seeing as it can hook up to any CRT TV and can be used with USB sticks.

I thought about it, but I'd also like to play more than just cps2 games on it. I have a 3S and HF board so it's better to just build a supergun. Not to mention I think Undamned has quite a waiting list right now. I currently have a working build of my supergun and I am currently moding a couple SE style cases with sanwas to connect with db-25 cables.

Sweet, that makes sense then.

You might consider his USB to JAMMA adapters though, just for people who have specific hardware they play on.

You might consider his USB to JAMMA adapters though, just for people who have specific hardware they play on.

Is there any update on that adapter so far? From what I've seen in the UD-CPS2 thread he hasn't posted any updates for it yet. I totally was considering those and will definitely be getting them when they become available.

Is there any update on that adapter so far? From what I've seen in the UD-CPS2 thread he hasn't posted any updates for it yet. I totally was considering those and will definitely be getting them when they become available.

Not sure about that, but considering he's about to release the UD-CPS2 out into the wild, I don't think it'll be too long before they're seen.
  • INFINITE LIGHTINFINITE LIGHT MASTER OF NO THING Joined: Posts: 240
    JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

Hello everyone I am seriously looking for a ride to TFC. My phone number is
    (773)221-6133
    e-mail xinfinitelightx@gmail.com
    and I live on 95th and Jeffrey on the south side of chicago.
    My name is JImmy Ellis

I can pay anybody please give me a ride.

JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!
    JESUS IS LORD!
  • Odd_HaroldOdd_Harold To The Wall Joined: Posts: 39
    Im in Northern Indiana and looking for a community, I can travel, I have just gotten back into SSF4 after 2 years. Odd_Harold on PSN. Hit me up anytime.
    PSN: Odd_Harold
    Seth/Ryu

Always looking for good players to spar with. Add me anytime!
  • DivineBlissDivineBliss Joined: Posts: 1
    Any1 still go to 2 bit and play ther busted ass mvc2. Looking for people to play some fighting games with.
    Northern Indiana is way too far to drive for Evansville.

I could've sworn Ft. Wayne had a community, though.
    edited July 2014
    gTzEKJs.png

We're having a tournament in Evansville coming up real soon! (technically in Newburgh) We'll be playing UMvC3 and SSBM.

Check out the tournament thread here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191153/saturday-august-2nd-smashville-1-5-midwest-umvc3-and-ssbm-tournament#latest

And make sure to sign up on the Facebook event page!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/396350227171227/397666353706281/?notif_t=event_mall_reply
  • Norse_FuryNorse_Fury Joined: Posts: 194
    You guys still around? I'll be back in Indiana next year around April and I got 3-4 guys that will be ready to play seriously on most fighting games.
    Norse_Fury wrote: »
    You guys still around? I'll be back in Indiana next year around April and I got 3-4 guys that will be ready to play seriously on most fighting games.

Kind of a late reply since I don't look here much anymore. There's a weekly gathering hosted by Evansville Esports called Friday night fights.

https://m.facebook.com/EEarena

• ch3ikhch3ikh Joined: Posts: 7
    I live in Indiana! Are there are any tournies around here? I swear I thought we had no FGC scene.
2»