Evansville, IN

13»

Comments

• OneSwellFoopOneSwellFoop Mew Nember Joined: Posts: 31
    SWIFGA - SouthWest Indiana Fighting Game Association will be hosting a Halloween inspired Vampire Savior tournament!

Game: Vampire Savior
    Location: Two Bit Bandit; 1650 Morgan Center Drive, Evansville, IN 47715
    Date/Time: Friday, October 26; 7:30pm

The machine is set to $0.50 a play, so be prepared to pay for your own games, but in dire circumstances, I'm sure the community will provide. Tournament format TBA based on attendance. No prize is currently set and its all just for fun, but we may whip up something small.

Usually our events are small and private, but since this one is in a public place, I'd like to make it available to the public and encourage new members and build our community here.

It's not required to attend, but I encourage you to visit SWIFGA.com, which will redirect to our group's Facebook page and get in on our fight nights and every few months, our King of SWIFGA title event.
    SWIFGA - Southwestern Indiana Fighting Game Association Facebook Group
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,223
    Hi,everyone. I'm from around the Owensboro,KY area. We have a whole tri-state area around us and I'm wanting to bring people from around that area together as a community. Just bumping this thread to see if any of you guys are still alive out there. I'm wanting to throw something real soon.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Happiest MealHappiest Meal Joined: Posts: 11
    Hey Foolinfection, we don't really use Shoryuken.com that much. We do have a moderately active group of facebook called 'Southwest Indiana Fighting Game Avengers' (SWIFGA for short) Look us up there if you're interested.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,851
    I should be back into the Tri-State for a bit in January, let's see if we can get something going.

If so, I may have a few friends from Illinois willing to make a drive over to Evansville to play. Especially if I bribe them with food.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,223
    Hey Foolinfection, we don't really use Shoryuken.com that much. We do have a moderately active group of facebook called 'Southwest Indiana Fighting Game Avengers' (SWIFGA for short) Look us up there if you're interested.

Found it a while back. I'm the dude posting on there with the ST boards currently building a super gun.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,851
    At this point, have you considered just buying a UD-CPS2? I don't know how far along on the project you are, but it might be better for you to just do that, seeing as it can hook up to any CRT TV and can be used with USB sticks.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    edited August 2013
    At this point, have you considered just buying a UD-CPS2? I don't know how far along on the project you are, but it might be better for you to just do that, seeing as it can hook up to any CRT TV and can be used with USB sticks.

I thought about it, but I'd also like to play more than just cps2 games on it. I have a 3S and HF board so it's better to just build a supergun. Not to mention I think Undamned has quite a waiting list right now. I currently have a working build of my supergun and I am currently moding a couple SE style cases with sanwas to connect with db-25 cables.

Sweet, that makes sense then.

You might consider his USB to JAMMA adapters though, just for people who have specific hardware they play on.

You might consider his USB to JAMMA adapters though, just for people who have specific hardware they play on.

Is there any update on that adapter so far? From what I've seen in the UD-CPS2 thread he hasn't posted any updates for it yet. I totally was considering those and will definitely be getting them when they become available.

Is there any update on that adapter so far? From what I've seen in the UD-CPS2 thread he hasn't posted any updates for it yet. I totally was considering those and will definitely be getting them when they become available.

Not sure about that, but considering he's about to release the UD-CPS2 out into the wild, I don't think it'll be too long before they're seen.
  • INFINITE LIGHTINFINITE LIGHT MASTER OF NO THING Joined: Posts: 240
    JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

Hello everyone I am seriously looking for a ride to TFC. My phone number is
    (773)221-6133
    e-mail xinfinitelightx@gmail.com
    and I live on 95th and Jeffrey on the south side of chicago.
    My name is JImmy Ellis

I can pay anybody please give me a ride.

JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD AND THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!
    JESUS IS LORD!
  • Odd_HaroldOdd_Harold To The Wall Joined: Posts: 39
    Im in Northern Indiana and looking for a community, I can travel, I have just gotten back into SSF4 after 2 years. Odd_Harold on PSN. Hit me up anytime.
    PSN: Odd_Harold
    Seth/Ryu

Always looking for good players to spar with. Add me anytime!
  • DivineBlissDivineBliss Joined: Posts: 1
    Any1 still go to 2 bit and play ther busted ass mvc2. Looking for people to play some fighting games with.
    Northern Indiana is way too far to drive for Evansville.

I could've sworn Ft. Wayne had a community, though.
  • EseifEseif Joined: Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    gTzEKJs.png

We're having a tournament in Evansville coming up real soon! (technically in Newburgh) We'll be playing UMvC3 and SSBM.

Check out the tournament thread here:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/191153/saturday-august-2nd-smashville-1-5-midwest-umvc3-and-ssbm-tournament#latest

And make sure to sign up on the Facebook event page!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/396350227171227/397666353706281/?notif_t=event_mall_reply
  • Norse_FuryNorse_Fury Joined: Posts: 194
    You guys still around? I'll be back in Indiana next year around April and I got 3-4 guys that will be ready to play seriously on most fighting games.
    Norse_Fury wrote: »
    You guys still around? I'll be back in Indiana next year around April and I got 3-4 guys that will be ready to play seriously on most fighting games.

Kind of a late reply since I don't look here much anymore. There's a weekly gathering hosted by Evansville Esports called Friday night fights.

https://m.facebook.com/EEarena

• ch3ikhch3ikh Joined: Posts: 7
    I live in Indiana! Are there are any tournies around here? I swear I thought we had no FGC scene.
13»