The Beast From the East - the KoFXII Shen Woo thread -

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    there's no frame data available so we can't know for sure

I wanted to mention that if you don't have meter it's better to combo to 2146C than 236A/C since even if you botch the followup uppercut you do more damage and get knockdown. 236A/C are negative on hit i think

as a side note, safety wise it would seem that 236A is safe but 236B is not based on my testing

also wanted to mention that you can cancel his 236C to gain a little bit of super meter.
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    heres a strong combo i did

instead of just CD xx super...you can do CD xx 236C xx 236B xx 236236A
    gives probably around 50-100 more damage
    I cannot do anything after his punch super in CC combos for the life of me but I see it in vids. there has to be something I'm missing cause he is just taking way too long to recover from the super to do anything
  • -JuNo--JuNo- Joined: Posts: 185
    ive tried neos combo with shen.. very damaing but im having trouble canceling the qcfp to qcfk for some reason..
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084
    With Shen's CC you can freestyle that shit, like you can keep it real simple:

CC: D, f+Bx2 CC ends, D f+B, qcfx2 P. Does like 500+pts

Or you can do some wacky shit like, CC: CD, qcf D, qcf D, qcf C, qcfx2 P.

or CD, qcf C, qcf D, jump CD, qcfx2 P

If the opponent is on the ground when the CC breaks with heavy attacks I think it sends them reeling back a lil bit like they were counter hit, so you can get another combo in there.

EDIT: CCs are easy as hell in this game
  • LuCieDLuCieD mediocore SF player Joined: Posts: 26
    instead of just CD xx super...you can do CD xx 236C xx 236B xx 236236A
    gives probably around 50-100 more damage
    sorry, I'm new with KOF. But, When I try Shen, I never can connect after CD xx qcf+C to qcf+b. Even after CC, corner, etc.

does Shen in arcade and console different? eg Ralf: D, vulcan, D, CD xx super no longer connect the D after vulcan?

thx before. :)
    The only difference in Shen Woo from the arcade to console version seems to be that you cannot continue the CC combo after a yellow screen qcfx2+P super. I think someone posted that in another topic.

Well, I got an easy CC combo that can be done anywhere.

CC, qcf+B, qcf+A, qcf+C, qcf+C, Super(qcfx2+P), does around 492 damage, if you charge the qcf+C a bit before releasing it. You can also do CD xx Super after the second qcf+C for a little more damage in the corner, but I can't hardly get the super after CD attacks. >_>

I'm having trouble with the qcf+k follow up so that's why I don't use it...
  • ThaHungryWolfThaHungryWolf Pizza Dough!!!! Joined: Posts: 243
    i read somewhere above that you can do qcf b, ~qcf b again

anyone got the timing or a visual cue to do it consistantly?

looking for a decent bnb from c.B
    TVC friend Code: 1849-3155-2091 : JCALI
  • izanagisamaizanagisama 2D Logic Joined: Posts: 207
    So i am under the impression that his uppercut follow up is a 1 frame link?

According to the Brady guide, yes. All his cancels are 1 frame.
    There's screen shots of when the cancel is supposed to be input; the followup to the straight punch isn't too bad if you start the input right as he starts to spin and piano the kick input, but it's still hard for me to hit with any consistency. I have yet to hit the other followups at all.:sad:
    looking for a decent bnb from c.B
    Very close to opponent.
    c.B, c.Axxqcb,f+Cxxqcf+Bxxqcf,qcf+C or f+C if meterless
    227-344 damage

c.Bx2/3, s.B
    85-110 damage
  • LuCieDLuCieD mediocore SF player Joined: Posts: 26
    The only difference in Shen Woo from the arcade to console version seems to be that you cannot continue the CC combo after a yellow screen qcfx2+P super. I think someone posted that in another topic.

Well, I got an easy CC combo that can be done anywhere.

CC, qcf+B, qcf+A, qcf+C, qcf+C, Super(qcfx2+P), does around 492 damage, if you charge the qcf+C a bit before releasing it. You can also do CD xx Super after the second qcf+C for a little more damage in the corner, but I can't hardly get the super after CD attacks. >_>

I'm having trouble with the qcf+k follow up so that's why I don't use it...
    mine CC combo, works in open area & corner

CC: f+B, qcf+B, qcf+C, qcf+C (CC ends), CD xx DM --> 514 damage.

but, someone said after CC end, instead CD xx DM, you can replace with CD xx qcf+C xx qcf+B xx DM. Is this qcf+B input done after cancelling qcf+C? Last night I try again and it never connect... duh
  • Sol_ShingoSol_Shingo Joined: Posts: 489

Since I can only play in the arcade I don't have to worry about that, so I'll ask, what and how can you combo after the CC super?
    I've seen Shen combo to 5B from it let me find a video...

yeah, 3:40 of this vid

I was asking about it on dustloop and orochinagi and ppl were like "it shouldn't be hard" but apparently it only works in arcade
    I still can't get it to work -__-

Oh well, can anyone tell me if qcf+C (fully charged), C, CD, qcfx2 C works? Or anything after CD.
  • 1iquid5nake1iquid5nake Palsma BEEM Joined: Posts: 694

Oh well, can anyone tell me if qcf+C (fully charged), C, CD, qcfx2 C works? Or anything after CD.

Yes, it works, I found it earlier today.

Is there any advice on the timing for the QCF+PxxQCF+B(K?) link? When should I be starting the input? I tried this for at least 30 minutes today and couldn't get it to work a single time, and I feel that is a great weakness, because it leads into really devastating combos.

Also, from the first post: j.D, CxxCDxxQCF+C works, but you have to cancel it late. If you cancel early, it whiffs, but if you cancel late, it hits them. I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but the first post still had a (?) next to it.
    C

Cool, I suppose it's like 2 DMs in one combo right? I'll be sure to use this next Saturday :badboy:
  • abstyles20abstyles20 whats good wit you Joined: Posts: 135
    this is my shen woo cc combo

this works from almost fullscreen, and from midscreen to corner its guaranteed
    CC, cr.D, Super(qcfx2+P), fwd.C, qcf.C (cc ends), C+D, qcf.D, C+D, qcf.D, qcf.A, qcf.B (link), then fwd. C. i believe this does 644 damage and you get a reset into mixup which would quite possibly kill them if they dont guard the mixup properly.

for most part this only in the corner I havent tried from midscrren or further
    the other one im trying to do is CC, fwd.B, qcf.C,qcf.B (link), qcf.Cx2 (cc ends), C+D, qcf.D, C+D, qcf.D, qcf.A, qcf.B, then Super(qcfx2+P). right now i havent got the super to hit yet cause my stick broke maybe somebody can get it and see how much damage it does.
    im one grown ass man

tvc friend code 1892-2684-9717
  • LiftedResearchLiftedResearch Real Honest Fighting Joined: Posts: 629
    mine CC combo, works in open area & corner

CC: f+B, qcf+B, qcf+C, qcf+C (CC ends), CD xx DM --> 514 damage.
    Thanks for this, this is simple + effective :tup:
    this is my shen woo cc combo

this works from almost fullscreen, and from midscreen to corner its guaranteed
    CC, cr.D, Super(qcfx2+P), fwd.C, qcf.C (cc ends), C+D, qcf.D, C+D, qcf.D, qcf.A, qcf.B (link), then fwd. C. i believe this does 644 damage and you get a reset into mixup which would quite possibly kill them if they dont guard the mixup properly.

You know what, I can't seem to get the f+C after the super no matter what I do. In fact, I can't seem to get anything at all. I heard some people posting about how Shen can't combo after the super on console or something...can anyone clarify this? I'd like to break into the high 500s-600s with Shen CCs but yeah, continuing the combo after the super just isn't working for me.

About the command grab-qcf+B link, here's what I do: as soon as you grab them, input QCF. Then just doubletap B when the followup is supposed to come out, which is RIGHT after the red slap connects. I dunno, it seems to work pretty well for me...
    Remember the BEARcade 11/18/2005...RIP dear friend.

after you hit wit cr.D you gotta pause for a sec to let the character rise off the ground then super
    im one grown ass man

• LiftedResearchLiftedResearch Real Honest Fighting Joined: Posts: 629
    after you hit wit cr.D you gotta pause for a sec to let the character rise off the ground then super

Ah yes, now it works perfectly! Thanks dude :rock:
    Remember the BEARcade 11/18/2005...RIP dear friend.

• ChanchaiChanchai VF Fanatic. KOF Wannabe. Joined: Posts: 677
    Just wanted to put in a few cents towards a couple of his just-frames...

At least with QCF+P --> QCF+K and QCB+P --> QCF+K, the thing I look for is Shen Woo's head.

The easiest indicator for me is to time K to be around the time that his "grin" will either show up or disappear (depending on the move).

I try to hit K the moment that grin appears during QCF+P.

Another way to look at it on that attack is to time it right before the orientation of his head is facing the opposite direction of the opponent (if the opponent is on the left side, the moment his head switches orientation from left-screen to right-screen).

With QCB, F+P, I try to time the K input when his grin disappears.

Another way to look at that one is to time K to hit the moment his head snaps to look away (when his grin and his face are suddenly instantly out of view).

Another tip: you can drum B,D really quickly to up your odds.

Hope this helps ^_^

-Chanchai
    Play Battlefield 3? Add me on Battlelog: Saint_Chanchai
    Now playing on ALL SYSTEMS ^_^)
  • Kane317Kane317 Joined: Posts: 223

Outside of the corner, after the fully charged qcf+C, you can only do CD qcfx2+P DM and have to omit the s.C part.

Is there any advice on the timing for the QCF+PxxQCF+B(K?) link? When should I be starting the input? I tried this for at least 30 minutes today and couldn't get it to work a single time, and I feel that is a great weakness, because it leads into really devastating combos.

Also, from the first post: j.D, CxxCDxxQCF+C works, but you have to cancel it late. If you cancel early, it whiffs, but if you cancel late, it hits them. I'm sure most of you have figured this out by now, but the first post still had a (?) next to it.

I've mentioned in other posts, but it's definitely frustrating starting out. The drumming technique really helps pressing B-->D in quick, but separate, sucession as suggested first in the Arcadia Mag and then the Brady guide.

hcb~f+C command throw is prolly the quickest follow up of the three, I complete the qcf+B right before the slap physically hits, if you've seen how it looks on the video then you won't forget when to input timing of it.

Lastly, the qcb+a into qcf+B is the easiest since you can practice it away from the opponent, if done right (for any of the follow ups), the qcf+K comes out quicker than normal.

BTW, j.D, s.D, f+B, hcb~f+C, qcf+K, qcfx2+P DM does 469 damage!
    Check out KOF XIII vids @ www.youtube.com/Kane317
  • t3h mAsTarOth...!t3h mAsTarOth...! KOF XIII...!!! Joined: Posts: 624
    i wanna learn shen for fun casuals but i can't do his qcf+k links... it's frustrating... i'll keep trying though... btw that's a devastating combo... almost half life from a normal jump in? i don't think anyone else had that... well maybe arcade ralf but he doesn't have his links anymore so ya...

btw can u guys land 2B, 2A xx DM *activation super* consistently? it's the only sort of big damage he has from a low...
    SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

KOF XIII - http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php
    i wanna learn shen for fun casuals but i can't do his qcf+k links... it's frustrating... i'll keep trying though... btw that's a devastating combo... almost half life from a normal jump in? i don't think anyone else had that... well maybe arcade ralf but he doesn't have his links anymore so ya...

btw can u guys land 2B, 2A xx DM *activation super* consistently? it's the only sort of big damage he has from a low...

I'm assuming you meant d.B, d.A, qcf+K, qcfx2+P DM...if so I find it easier to do qcf+K into qcfx2+P DM but when I add the d.B, d.A it throws off my timing.

BTW, if you're close enough, d.B, d.A, combos into hcb~f+C into followups.

Finally, yes it's super frustrating to try to get those followups and I've been using Shen for months now as my main.
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    Just a note, Shen's command grab is just qcb,f, not hcb,f. Same goes for Elisabeth's. Similarly, Raiden's grab is d/b,qcf+K, not hcf.
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • t3h mAsTarOth...!t3h mAsTarOth...! KOF XIII...!!! Joined: Posts: 624
    I'm assuming you meant d.B, d.A, qcf+K, qcfx2+P DM...

i'm pretty sure i managed to land 2B, 2A xx CABC... and C xx CABC...
    SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

KOF XIII - http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php
    Just a note, Shen's command grab is just qcb,f, not hcb,f. Same goes for Elisabeth's. Similarly, Raiden's grab is d/b,qcf+K, not hcf.

Well technically it's hcb~f+C but the shortcut is qcb~f+C.

I was unaware of Raiden's shortcut, curiously he seems to be the only who has it, I've tested it with Iori and Clark's hcf and that shortcut doesn't work.
  • LWKLWK Glam Krauser Joined: Posts: 478
    Regarding shens qcfK follow up.. I think I have a new method that may help people..

This is something I found while practicing this, it really shouldn't even work. I basically toss out the qcf motion completely and do full qcf start 360's, you can literally mash these in succession.

I've gotten better results with this method then anything to do with timing. IE; jD, sC, fwdB, qcfC, RAPID 360, B, D, 360, B, D, 360, B, D repeat. If it links, qcfB, etc. Its crazy how consistent I've gotten this. Give this method a try. This so far is the best chance I've had as far as consistency.. Drum/doubling individual buttons is pointless when you do it this way. I am getting it as consistent as three times in a row. This will up your pressure game stupid.
    Also make sure to roll those 360's aggressively fast as well as B, D, aggressive and fast.

Because of the 360, there is never a time where I reset the stick to neutral to restart that d, df, f+B qcf motion.. so therefor, it only makes sense that constantly doing 360's at stupid pace should be beneficial here. That reset actually causes a pause to have more of a chance of missing that tiny window, when you can just cheat with the rapid 360's at full speed.

Also try this same BS when doing a move to cancel to his super, it works there to.
    youtube.com/urlwk
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I made a video of some CC's that can be done with the explosion super (C~A~B~C). There's really not much point in doing these since punch super does more damage, but I just thought it would be fun to find some use for it since nobody ever uses it.

Midscreen CC's:
    st. C (CC activate), st. D -> st. CD xx qcf+C, qcf+C, qcf+C, st. CD xx C~A~B~C - 452 damage
    st. C (CC activate), cr. D xx qcf+C xx qcf+K, qcf+C, qcf+C, st. CD xx C~A~B~C - 463 damage

Corner CC's
    st. C (CC activate), f+B xx qcf+B, C~A~B~C, cr. C xx qcf+C, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. D - 588 damage
    st. C (CC activate), f+B xx qcf+B, C~A~B~C, st. C xx qcf+C, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. CD xx qcf+C xx qcf+K, st. D - 615 damage

Yes I'm aware that ending the last two with f+C instead of st. C or st. D would give a few more extra points of damage, but I like ending with a neutral attack since you can buffer it into a charged CD for possibly more punishment (of course they can roll/b+CD you out, in which case you'd want to not do the CD and do a throw instead)
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    yo that last one you did in the corner you can prob tack on another CD qcf.D then qcf.A, qcf.B, st. D

you can get 3 reps of the CD qcf.D when you hit them that high in the corner, if its already doing 615 that would prob make it do alot more. ima about to boot my kof up and try
    im one grown ass man

• arstalarstal Joined: Posts: 2,968

Does this also apply to Daimon's grab?
    --- The folks who oppose progress in fighters are the Tea Partiers of the FGC.

st. C (CC activate), f+B xx qcf+B, C~A~B~C, st. C xx qcf+C, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. CD xx qcf+C xx qcf+K, st. D - 615 damage

Yes I'm aware that ending the last two with f+C instead of st. C or st. D would give a few more extra points of damage, but I like ending with a neutral attack since you can buffer it into a charged CD for possibly more punishment (of course they can roll/b+CD you out, in which case you'd want to not do the CD and do a throw instead)

aight so wit that last corner one you can do st. C (CC activate), f+B xx qcf+B, C~A~B~C, fwd. C xx qcf+C, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. CD xx qcf+D, st. CD xx qcf+D, qcf.A xx qcf.BorD, fwd.C for 710 damage

thats only 15 less damage than the one ive been doing so far plus its easier cause linking the super at the end off the qcf.b isnt that easy
    im one grown ass man

• Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yo that last one you did in the corner you can prob tack on another CD qcf.D then qcf.A, qcf.B, st. D

you can get 3 reps of the CD qcf.D when you hit them that high in the corner, if its already doing 615 that would prob make it do alot more. ima about to boot my kof up and try

I've tried and I can never get 3 reps of it in the corner. I saw in the KOFUNION CMV it was done against Kensou, maybe it only works on the "light characters". I tried to do it on him and it looks like it should connect him on but the 3rd standing CD would always just barely whiff. Maybe my timing's off.

edit: haha sniped. hrm

edit 2: hmm you're right, f+C into qcf+D after the DM actually does seem to pop them up higher to make a third one possible. fuck!
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    ya it works on all characters from want ive tried

ya when i saw that kof union vid i was like damn cause before that video i only thought you could get 2 reps shit changed my life
    im one grown ass man

I've tried and I can never get 3 reps of it in the corner. I saw in the KOFUNION CMV it was done against Kensou, maybe it only works on the "light characters". I tried to do it on him and it looks like it should connect him on but the 3rd standing CD would always just barely whiff. Maybe my timing's off.

edit: haha sniped. hrm

edit 2: hmm you're right, f+C into qcf+D after the DM actually does seem to pop them up higher to make a third one possible. fuck!

Sup BBH!

It's kinda a trade-off: qcf+C does more damage than qcf+D, and sometimes depending on the circumstances leaves the opponent high enough to do three sets of (CD, qcf+D) but qcf+D does less damage but kinda guarantees the height. Either way due to damage scaling it isn't a huge difference in damage.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

You can do 4 reps. you gotta sweet spot the 2nd 236a in your CC combo
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

you can get 4 reps of the CD, qcf.D after the cc ends? damn

ima about to try that out
    im one grown ass man

• D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yea but I think it works on the buffed characters.

I tried it on athena and no luck on gettin 4.

Also Im working on a new midscreen CC with shen too.

I can get his 1 frames out 90% of the time. I found my rhythm.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    I kinda don't know what I'm doing but I put a bunch of combos for Shen in the Wiki: http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Shen_Woo_(KOF_XII)
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • TooseriusTooserius DVERITAS Joined: Posts: 755
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but today while playing as Shen against an Andy online,as the Andy player launched his hishoken, I did Shen's qcfx2A DM and struck while his Andy's projectile whiffed harmlessly. it was a good connection and I was wondering why this occured. Is Shen's DM invincible on Start?
    I think vs projectiles only or something, not sure. he could go through projectiles with that super in other games as well but not other moves iirc