#SNKPlaymore @ EFnet - The home of SNK on IRC!

Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolinJoined: Posts: 2,790
Hey if anyone here uses IRC, you can come chat/idle/matchmake in #SNKPlaymore on EFnet. Most people use mIRC. In the channel you'll find players of all skill levels to talk strats or set up matches on GGPO/2DF. Come join!

If you don't use IRC, here is how to join the channel with mIRC:

1. When you first use mIRC, a window will pop up and you can put your nickname, plus other stuff like real name/email, you can put whatever you want and click OK at the bottom (not 'Connect').

2. You'll have a big empty chat box in front of you. Click on the line at the bottom to type, then type /server irc.easynews.com and press Enter. You can also use irc.efnet.org, which will get you a random EFnet server, but I find a lot of them are not reliable, but the easynews one is good so I recommend that one.

3. After you're connected to EFnet, there will be a favorites box that pops up. You can just close it for now, and check the box to have it not pop up again. In the same chat box as before, type /join #snkplaymore. You should now be in the channel.

4. (optional) If you want to join the channel automatically after connecting to EFnet, bring up the favorites menu again (it's the little heart icon at the top, by default it's the 3rd one on the newest mIRC). Click Add, type the channel name in the top box (include the #), then at the bottom under Networks click add, then find EFnet on that list and click OK. If you want the channel to be automatically joined, just check the Join on 'connect' check box and you will join automatically when you connect to EFnet.

If you don't want to use mIRC (which I recommend, because it takes up very little resources and is less annoying than always having your web browser open), you can use Mibbit, which is a web-based IRC client. To join with Mibbit, just go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat/. Next to 'IRC:', select 'EFNET [webirc]' in the drop-down menu. Type your nick next to 'Nick:' and '#snkplaymore' next to 'Channel:' and click 'Go'.
"The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian

Comments

• AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,391
    Dandy J for mod status!
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge MAD STRUGGLE Joined: Posts: 16,104
    Odd. Whenever I log in, after 60 secs I get Connection timed out.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • Dandy JDandy J now you face a super saiyan shaolin Joined: Posts: 2,790
    Odd. Whenever I log in, after 60 secs I get Connection timed out.
    Try using a different EFnet server, some of them are really crappy. In my experience, any EasyNews server works nicely.
    "The challenge is, how can we create a mechanic where it makes your mistakes not matter and turns the game into a clown show? All these solutions are great but they don't take into account what X-Factor is supposed to do, which is turn the game into a joke."- O. Seth Killian
  • EmXEmX Joined: Posts: 845
    this deserves a sticky
    Bumping this thread that contains information regarding a permanent chat room of which the focus is the developer of the game that this forum was made for, which will not receive regular posts because of the nature of the content provided within.
  • RoboDuckRoboDuck fhqwhgads Joined: Posts: 46
    Honestly this is the kind of thread would be swell to lock and sticky since the discussion is nice and open, even more so now that 12 is imminent
  • EmXEmX Joined: Posts: 845
    Bumping this thread that contains information regarding a permanent chat room of which the focus is the developer of the game that this forum was made for, which will not receive regular posts because of the nature of the content provided within.

Which is why this thread shoulda been stickied a month ago.
    hmm thats a good point emx
  • dualmatrixdualmatrix Bluth's Bananas Joined: Posts: 178
    I can't wait till XII comes out, and be able to get matches up/get tips. Thanks!
    SSFIV - Cammy, Ibuki, Viper
    Other PSN tag - Ghetto4eva
    Bumping this again. What's really good?
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thank you, i'll check it out
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
    Added a short guide on how to join the channel for those that aren't familiar with IRC.
  • Phoenix AzurePhoenix Azure Joined: Posts: 1,115
    you can also go directly to http://www.efnet.org/ and log in on the site as an alternative, tho MIRC is def more convenient.
    SSFIV: M: Adon/Dictator S: Claw
    Blazblue: M:Hazama
    Waiting for the King to return...
    Can a moderator please sticky this thread?
  • superminsupermin dream match never ends Joined: Posts: 1,482
    yeaaaaaaaaaaa KOF!!!!!!
  • Phoenix AzurePhoenix Azure Joined: Posts: 1,115
    bump
    SSFIV: M: Adon/Dictator S: Claw
    Blazblue: M:Hazama
    Waiting for the King to return...
    YO YO YO
    We are running team round robins now!
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
  • booty clapperbooty clapper Grrrrrr Joined: Posts: 1,726
    I wanna get in on the Roundies. Cheballa at cheaaaaaaaaaaaa BWOY!
    #SNKPlaymore & #Alpha2 on efnet
    Yeah, we're not doing them anymore...
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    Hey! Come on, come on!
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
  • MezzoForteMezzoForte War.Cult.Supremacy Joined: Posts: 427
    Yup.
    KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    What's wrong with the IRC channel? Can't get in for two days.
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Nothing is wrong with it? It's probably the efnet server that you're connecting to I'd assume. I usually just connect to a random server and never have a problem. If anything, you can also use the efnet.org web client.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
  • Portland_DramaPortland_Drama RIP CRH Joined: Posts: 273
    DG paid off EFNET opers to ban Emil.
    For anything and everything SNK, come to #SNKPlaymore on efnet.
  • Tech RomancerTech Romancer PSN: Tech_Romancer Joined: Posts: 5,200
    What's funny is I could totally see that happening for reals.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
    "Problem with Marvel is when you are not mashing you are losing". - 9thPixel
  • ApartheidApartheid ◔ ◡ ◔ nice post ! Joined: Posts: 205
    irc.lda-corporates.com
    I cleared bans a long time ago. ? ? ?
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
    irc.lda-corporates.com
    yes please
  • rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede ({「決最終戦奥義」}) Joined: Posts: 3,364
    what's the point of going to irc if nobody post anything there..
    You can't have a community without a community.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    #SNKPlaymore is actually terrible.

Most people stay idle or stay out, and once you've been there, it's not hard to see why

I'm sorry guys, #Snkplaymore is not really a fighting game chat room.

Its a place for Anakron and a few other other equally trollish members like Dandy_J to talk about their cats, whats hot on 4chan, and (made-up? real?) sexual conquests, and possibly hack your computer while they're at it.....While the rest of us try to talk about fighting games, and eventually leave or go idle in disgust.

If you express an opinion about an SNK game and Anakron does not agree with it, you'll be cursed at, banned from the room, and then spammed with more heckling in a private chat window that opens up after he's banned you. His troll friends like Dandy J do the same and they encourage the behavior, rewarding it with Operator status, the ability to ban users for any reason you want.

I checked on Anakron's IP address, his personal computer's ID, and it's listed as a source of SPAM attacks on 3 different spam-monitoring services. Not the safest user to be in a chatroom with. He also can come back quickly after a permanent ban is placed on him. That's a red flag to people who understand IRC. Ordinary users cannot bypass bans. It appears he's a longtime EFnet user, and that server is a community of amateur hackers and trolls. Moreso than any other IRC network.

To play online fighting games using GGPO or XBL, which many SNK fans do, most of us have to open a range of ports on our routers, exposing us to hacking more than other internet users. Anakron is aware of this. I think Anakron may have started the chat to take advantage of that security loophole and use us as hacking targets. He would not give me a clear answer on why his computer is listed as a source of spam on 3 different blacklists.

The rest of us managed a conversation for a while yesterday afternoon while he was banned, but he quickly managed to evade the ban and get back into the chat. He never seems to log out or let anyone else talk, except a few equally abusive members like Dandy-J.
    words

Hey, I can make up bullshit on the internet too.
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Because I've totally seen CvSNK2EO in the channel, talking up a storm (I've never seen you in there.) I've been in the channel for a long ass time (since it was made) and the only people that get banned or kicked are usually stupid idiots who deserve it. So shut the fuck up and quit making shit up. But whatever, you probably suck just like the game you named yourself after anyways.
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    Did this guy just call Dandy J abusive? What in the flying FUCK! :lol:
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
  • furixfurix Joined: Posts: 1,524
    WTF?!? LOL! That post is ridiculous.
    Arcana Heart 3~
    this guy is a fucking joke

had to ask him, like, five times what his "favorite fighting game" was

since, you know, he doesn't know it off hand and all
    lmao
    i just nominated this theread for an article
    so did i
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,928
    me too. front page should be as good as a sticky.
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
    Its a place for Anakron and a few other other equally trollish members like Dandy_J to talk about their cats, whats hot on 4chan, and (made-up? real?) sexual conquests, and possibly hack your computer while they're at it.....

Good stuff.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    "words"

I did try to dig up a reason for the nonstop hostile attitude and domination of the room by its founder, by asking Anakron himself, and didn't get too far.

from a forum post "Why is it that so many SNK fans are batshit insane?" - Apartheid

So far he's right. At least about a vocal few of them. It's a very good reason to seek alternatives to the current state of #snkplaymore.

After a few minutes of having my messages about fighting games and GGPO heckled and flooded away by Anakron and the other 2 trolls, I remarked:

DELETED CHAT LOG - AGAINST FORUM RULES

upon the ban being somehow lifted and rejoining..

(Bowltron is actually a forum member here under a different name)

In a private chatbox that opened up after being exiled, I was getting even more messages from Anakron --

I tried to jog his memory of my (mostly) successful attempt to chat about SNK-playmore a day ago with other users. According to him, I wasn't even online yesterday. Strange how for part of the day my username was in the topic as a welcome message.

I think people who want to chat about fighting games and SNK deserve better than this, but the longtime IRC troll who started this room apparently does not. Apartheid's right about the crossover between crazies and SNK fans in this chat, but I wouldn't blame SNK so quickly. If you've used IRC before you're aware of the crossover between crazies and EFnet frequenters. Anakron said it best --

*They already have.

If you don't like being in a place where the chatters have well-known backdoors into your computer (IRC), on a server with people who like to flood your client with bad packets in a PM until your PC freezes (EFnet) and in a room where trolls get priority over real gamers (#snkplaymore)....

Try the alternative. SNKvsCapcom.chatango.com . Or, yknow...just pretend all that stuff I said about EFnet and #snkplaymore doesn't happen, or won't happen to you next.
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,842
    *snip*

Cool beans...
    snip

So you're an idiot.

Thanks for the update.
    youtube.com/user/Ergeniz
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    <SNK2EO> SVC feels like a 4 button C v S 2
    <SNK2EO> with single characters
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    you know my steez
    #SNKPlaymore on rizon
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    Posting irc logs on this forum is not allowed.
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
    uh oh is that a bannable offense
  • HyperhalHyperhal Ooh take a picture of it Joined: Posts: 1,871
    y0 wassup anakron STFU
    The Mike Vick Training Camp
    http://casiocountry.blogspot.com/
    dude who took away his ops/ banned eo.... that dude owned.