Street Fighter IV Match Videos: Top Players (+ 2009 US & World Champ Vids)

Comments

• dogfacedogface Peke Suto Joined: Posts: 1,241
    Great resource!
  • zaspacerzaspacer Joined: Posts: 553
    now i remember who you are! yeah man, we played a few times on hd remix and you always gave me the beatdowns with that bison of yours... thats how i remember your name.

Yup, that's me. :)
    anyways i just wanted to say that your site is AWESOME, exactly what ive been waiting for... i'm sure the japs have sites like yours... prob is of course, that they're in japanese. also, i watch these vids the same way that you watch the bison vids... as a learning tool... maybe you could make up some that you would think might serve to help players to better understand certain fundamentals, like i learned ALOT about when to throw tigershots and when not to/ spacing them etc. by watching this vid of RF's sagat:

one thing to notice here is that RF is playing against people arent up to his skill level, but are definitely good players. i've found that players of this type usually jump FORWARD over every fireball that they can... but the problem is that, in the highest level jap vids top players jump STRAIGHT UP over fireballs most of the time. so i could figure out how to play aginst those types of players theoretically, but not how to play against the aggressive jumpers... which this video does PERFECTLY. RF rarely does fireball then another immediate fireball, which he does do against top players... that one insight taught me alot. and seeing RF's fireball cadence against these weaker people i think will help out other people who have never mained a fireball character.

AWESOME insight!

It's HUGE to understand that you tackle different skilled opponents differently.
    Some players you can simply go for the jugular and put them down fast.
    Other players you need to set-up for your attack and sidestep their traps as you edge your way to the win.

And having footage of top players playing against people of the varying skill levels goes a long way to showcase this.

For the best results, you want to employ the most effective means to secure the win.
    If your opponent isn't a top player, you should move on that to put the match away and limit your risks.
    Even a less skilled opponent can be dangerous if you play a set-up or defensive game that gives them more time to pull something out.

With M. Bison on Remix, if the opponent isn't defending well, I want to knock them out with a Touch Of Death Combo.
    Letting them survive longer in the match just gives them more chances to land something or build up meter to become a huge wildcard threat.
    streetfighterdojo.com - video library of top players
  • fobi0fobi0 YEAH ME TOO!!! Joined: Posts: 3,108
    -snip-

Long live the Dictator. :badboy::badboy::badboy:
    You bad...
  • FerociousWillFerociousWill ..not very ferocious Joined: Posts: 83
    This website is good shit!
  • DanSCDanSC Joined: Posts: 606
    do you have any recent fight? great site btw..
  • DarkstalkerDarkstalker King of the Ring Joined: Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks tight!

I looked at the html source trying to figure out the code.
    Looks like I'll have to play around with it.
    Also, manually adding it to each match in each page will be rough.
    So I gotta figure out some way to add such things across multiple pages/vids without doing each by hand.

HUGE thanks for that info though.

The way I figure it, if you can implement it, the initial stages of putting the code in will be hell. After that you can copy and paste for any new vids.

The advantage to having just a box that appears would be you don't have to code in preferences, and it allows us to see results on a match by match basis.

Glad you like the idea, hope you can pull it off.
    "Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" - Gregory House
  • Bojador_ptBojador_pt Joined: Posts: 420
    The first two links are not working for me. (the ... in them is actually showing up in the url)

Do you know how to embed the footage from the third link?

I'd love to include such matches, but I don't know how to embed the image.

Thanks for the vids!

Sry about that:

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/12/video-94-moval-vs-alex-valle-round-1.html

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/12/video-94-moval-vs-alex-valle-round-2.html

There's a lot more videos in this website with high level players. I don't know how to embed this videos. Maybe someone else can help?

If there's no way to embed maybe you can put the link instead. I know it's not the original idea having links but it's a shame to leave good vids out because of this.
    www.ptfighters.com

Comunidade Portuguesa de Fighting Games
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    That website is freaking sweet, my man! Awesome work......Would rep you if I coudl!!!!!!!!
  • PskellyPskelly Akuma in training Joined: Posts: 106
    Thanks a lot for posting such a great resource. I'm going to be watching this videos at work for quite some time. :-)
  • n0thingmann0thingman Nothin Joined: Posts: 608
    In the Fuerte vs guile vid, you have the players labeled dagger_g and kai

that fuerte player in the vid is actually me- its not kai
    thats me playing dagger_g in the losers bracket of california regionals at denjin
    nothing is eternal.
    i am nothing.
  • VeeArSixVeeArSix Joined: Posts: 34
    excellent collection of vids.
    Thanks
    Excellent write up zaspacer, thank you!

Wish I could give some +rep.
  • thxyoutoothxyoutoo Hard Bodied Hardbody Joined: Posts: 2,509
    Amazing resource. Keep it up!
    gracias y tu tambien
    And its a shame your thread had to close down :P I was actually thinking of creating a similar thread~

Go for it :)

Having a list of top players is a great resource.
    And posting it on SRK forums lets you both make it public for others as well as tap into the great knowledge pool that is the SRK community.

I pulled my list almost exclusively from Japanese Arcade rankings, with some names added based on major tournament finishes.

I think it's better to be overly conservative and leave names off, than it is to end up with a list that has names that don't represent the very top of competitive play.

But you can approach it however works for you. :)
    I've added these links to each characters' page in the wiki under their Matchups sections.

Awesome!!

Big THANKS :)
    zaspacer, thats really me :(
    nothing is eternal.
    i am nothing.
    Great site! But do you have to list the winners next to it? It kinda takes some of the excitement away from watching it. Maybe you could do it like this board's spoiler code, where it appears when you click it.
    Winners.
    that fuerte player in the vid is actually me- its not kai
    zaspacer, thats really me :(

My apologies n0thingman.
    I did read your edit and did plan to update the info for the "Kai (El Fuerte) vs. Dagger_G (Guile)" to "N0thingman (El Fuerte) vs. Dagger_G (Guile)".

I've been tied up working on a Fei Long Select image so I can add a link on the Ken page to the Ken vs. Fei Long matchup I have.

I'll go ahead and update it now. :)
    Again, sorry for the hold-up.
  • NateSNateS Joined: Posts: 169
    I like to be surprised by watching the video also. Maybe make the spoiler hidden by default? Also would be great to be able to comment on individual videos.
    Man those are nice. Gotta learn ma Sagat in and out then practice the c.viper.
    The way I figure it, if you can implement it, the initial stages of putting the code in will be hell. After that you can copy and paste for any new vids.

The advantage to having just a box that appears would be you don't have to code in preferences, and it allows us to see results on a match by match basis.

Glad you like the idea, hope you can pull it off.
    I like to be surprised by watching the video also. Maybe make the spoiler hidden by default? Also would be great to be able to comment on individual videos.
    Great site! But do you have to list the winners next to it? It kinda takes some of the excitement away from watching it. Maybe you could do it like this board's spoiler code, where it appears when you click it.
    Winners.

There has been a lot of interest in having the videos without the spoilers.
    And the set-ups Darkstalker and KevinCow proposed look really neat.

So I do plan on setting up pages without the spoilers.
    And I will start tinkering with figuring out the html to set it up, and then exploring the best way to get it into the code.

But...
    1) I am going to keep mirror pages with the results showing. It really was essential in my own learning process to be able to find the best videos to tighten my game. Being able to select videos where one character or the other is winning is key to that.
    2) It will take some time to implement. There are already 184 different character html matchup pages, and there will be more when I add all the console matches. I need to go back to the old content and edit all of it for mirror non-spoiler or click-to-see-spoiled pages.

For now, the ghetto method of shrinking the screen to cut off the spoiler text is the way to do it.
    Super awesome site. It's just gonna get better and better too. You are missing Mike Ross on the EHonda page though. Tons of vids on him out there. Thanks for makin it man.

I've had my eye on Mike's vids for some time.

But I've been very reluctant to add any non-Japanese tourney footage unless it's from a decent sized tourney or I could get some numbers on the player performing high in decent sized tourney... or I just didn't have any footage on a particular matchup and needed what seemed likely the best available.

Mike has JUST been under a couple of those criteria, so I haven't had him on.
    I think he may have a vid or two under some of the criteria.

Bottom line is that until I can improve my own ability to recognize top players, I am gonna rely on a very conservative procedure to get player footage onto the site.
    do you have any recent fight? great site btw..

Thanks! :)

I do have some recent footage (well, recently posted on youtube.com anyway; late March, etc.)

Some of it is on the site, but it is mixed in so that it's hard to pick out from the rest.
    Other recent vids I have processed onto the spreadsheet I work off of, but I haven't gotten time to put up on the site; (sidetracked trying to work on a Fei Long Select image and put character pages together for the console characters and finish my taxes) but they should be up very soon.

I also have started tagging new vids I put up with a date tag, which will make it so that players can pick out the vid by date.
    Right now I plan to provide "date recorded" or (if that is not available) "date posted".

The order that the vids appear on the page is determined by the skill levels of the players involved.
    But I will start using date as a secondary sorting criteria within each skill tier.
  • bokchoibokchoi Beast Mode Joined: Posts: 97
    Great site. Easy way to consolidate SFIV vids. Thank you for doing this!!
    awesome,
    now everyone knows how badly he beat me
    awesome site btw!
    nothing is eternal.
    i am nothing.
    There's a lot more videos in this website with high level players. I don't know how to embed this videos. Maybe someone else can help?

If there's no way to embed maybe you can put the link instead. I know it's not the original idea having links but it's a shame to leave good vids out because of this.

I TOTALLY agree with you.
    It would be a shame to leave good vids out of it.

Time permitting, I will try to figure out how to embed them.
    Or, if I can't, I'll try to find some way to incorporate them.

Great links though, BIG thanks!

Also, with the release of the Championship Mode, hopefully we'll get a front row seat on more top players as they duel on PSN/XBLA.
    Especially with those console characters!
  • armaganarmagan Joined: Posts: 70
    You should add a "Submit Video" form. There're tons of good videos out there.
  • DrAg0nBoYDrAg0nBoY Joined: Posts: 46
    I TOTALLY agree with you.
    It would be a shame to leave good vids out of it.

Time permitting, I will try to figure out how to embed them.
    Or, if I can't, I'll try to find some way to incorporate them.

Great links though, BIG thanks!

Also, with the release of the Championship Mode, hopefully we'll get a front row seat on more top players as they duel on PSN/XBLA.
    Especially with those console characters!

I don't know if you saw this, but the page Bojador_pt posted has it's own youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/getyourtournament.

I think this helps you to embend the videos to your site. If not, sorry for bothering :P.

edit: As for the third link Bojador_pt posted in his 1. post. I can download it, and upload to youtube, if you want. Just say it.

edit2: I think this could also be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/user/lordaborigine Theres probably also the video Bojador_pt posted in his first post.
  • dogfacedogface Peke Suto Joined: Posts: 1,241
    Do you guys know what today is?

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1086#more-1086
  • J RekkerJ Rekker Learning Gouki Joined: Posts: 26
    Saqs is a good rose player. Seen some of his vids up on youtube.
    You should add a "Submit Video" form. There're tons of good videos out there.

I hope to have a "contact" email up soon on the site.
    People can send me links to youtube channels on there that I can look up and possibly embed from.

However, I will still be very conservative in selecting the videos that I post to the site.

Please use this forum thread as well since I will be monitoring and replying to it.
    If I miss a particular question/statement in a post, give it some time, but if I STILL miss it please draw it to my attention again in the thread.
    I don't know if you saw this, but the page Bojador_pt posted has it's own youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/getyourtournament.

I think this helps you to embend the videos to your site. If not, sorry for bothering :P.

Very nice!

I totally missed that from Bojador_pt's post.

I see some names on there I can draw from right now.
    And I will get more names after tonight's SFIV National Championship.
    edit: As for the third link Bojador_pt posted in his 1. post. I can download it, and upload to youtube, if you want. Just say it.

Yes, that would be AWSESOME!

Finding solid footage like this and posting on a youtube channel (preferred) or youtube link, and then sending it my way (post on this thread, or email me once I have email set up on the site) is the BEST way for me.

Just as with Championship Mode going live April 24, people taking top vids and putting them on a channel would be ideal. (I will post this again in the thread so others can see it)

By me searching and linking the youtube vids/channels of others, I am able to get amazing selections of vids AND send the traffic from my site directly to them.
    edit2: I think this could also be helpful: http://www.youtube.com/user/lordaborigine Theres probably also the video Bojador_pt posted in his first post.

I have been using lordaborigine's channel for a while now. :)
    Really great site: updated frequently with a high volume of a variety of solid content.

My method for grabbing videos right now is to find youtube channels that I can monitor and pull from.
    That way I can send the traffic directly to the channel and help encourage them to keep posting great stuff.

I really like finding and linking the great resources out there.
    (1) to locate and organize them in a way for others to access easily, and (2) in order to keep the original source in the loop and give them their proper due.
    Do you guys know what today is?

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1086#more-1086

SFIV National Championship!!!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 7 p.m

I'm DROOLING over:
    (1) the AMAZING top vids that are gonna come out of the event (Poongko + Daigo + Iyo + PLUS top US talent = EPIC)
    (2) getting a bunch of top US names to add to my "top players" list
    Saqs is a good rose player. Seen some of his vids up on youtube.

Great find, thanks J Rekker!

(especially given the lack of material out there on the console chars)

I also love that Saqs has a channel AND that he gives comments on the quality of the matchup in the notes of each vid.

I will put some of his up.

Do note, I am putting these up primarily to get good gameplay of characters who currently don't have vids.
    I generally rely on top tourney or top name vids for matchups that have a wealth of content.

I REALLY would like to get access to "top rank" data for country arcade, PSN, and XBLA.
    Same goes for results from top tourneys.
    Anyone know where I can get this data from reliably?
    I would link or post it on my site, and use it to help select vids and what order they show up on the pages.
  • PhillyfanboyPhillyfanboy Some 09 noob Joined: Posts: 92
    wonderful !!!
    SFxT

AE2012:Sagat
    VF5:FS: Jacky, Jean (when its out)
    good job!
    Your site doesn't work on my phone. First site I've encountered that doesn't >_>
  • armaganarmagan Joined: Posts: 70
    I hope to have a "contact" email up soon on the site.
    People can send me links to youtube channels on there that I can look up and possibly embed from.

However, I will still be very conservative in selecting the videos that I post to the site.

Please use this forum thread as well since I will be monitoring and replying to it.
    If I miss a particular question/statement in a post, give it some time, but if I STILL miss it please draw it to my attention again in the thread.
    Well on top of my head I can give you two ideas, if you're interested:

1. You can let users add videos but they'll only get shown on the site after you review and accept them.

2. You can let users add videos without moderation. To counter wrong videos/spam/stupid stuff you can add a "Report video" button with reasons like "Doesn't belong this section/Not a SF video" etc. This way you'll have to check only reported videos, not every one of them. A.k.a YouTube style.

Though these would require a coder probably..

Also don't forget about Nicovideo videos. That place is gold mine.
    I don't really like the site as much the videos play a lot slower than it does if I actually go to Youtube to watch them.
  • Imperator OptimusImperator Optimus I like cheese Joined: Posts: 130
    I don't really like the site as much the videos play a lot slower than it does if I actually go to Youtube to watch them.

That's why you double click the video and get directed to Youtube.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Joined: Posts: 0
    Great reference points, only wished they had a top fei user so I can know how he is suppose to look like at high level competition.
    "What one person sees as degrading and disgusting and bad for women might make some women feel empowered and beautiful and strong."
    - Sasha Grey
    Great reference points, only wished they had a top fei user so I can know how he is suppose to look like at high level competition.

Here is a little Fei Long play:
    http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/matchups/ryu_vs_feilong.html

The Fei Long player is Poongko.
    Poongko is the current Korean National Champion (he used Ryu and Seth in the tournament) and a heck of a skilled player with a number of characters.
    However, I don't know how good or developed his Fei Long is...
    But it sure is fun to watch. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Joined: Posts: 0
    Thankd dude, I'm watching it now...good to see some good players represented Fei.
    "What one person sees as degrading and disgusting and bad for women might make some women feel empowered and beautiful and strong."
    - Sasha Grey
  • fobi0fobi0 YEAH ME TOO!!! Joined: Posts: 3,108
    Do I read that match-up difficulty as wins out of ten matches? Or on a scale of one to ten, ten being difficult?

:(
    You bad...
    Do I read that match-up difficulty as wins out of ten matches? Or on a scale of one to ten, ten being difficult?

:(

On the pages it's "1-10, ten being difficult".

But on most charts/sites (including my data page: http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/data/charactermatchup.html) it's "wins outta 10".

I would LIKE to have my pages have the "win outta 10" version, but it seemed less intuitive to people not well versed in SF site jargon.
    I DO plan on re-visiting this.
    At least make the easy matchup number in green; hard in red.
    Likely add a word signifier like "slight advantage", "easy", "very easy", "trivial" next to the number for better intuitive communication.
    etc.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a 40 minute vid on Nicovideo of a very good Fei Long. I cut it up and intended to upload it all to youtube separately but Windows Movie Maker didn't like certain parts of the video. So I won't be able to upload them all. I did three for now.

I'll finish later today.
  • MehornMehorn Joined: Posts: 29
    Such a great resource, thanks
    Random is my main
    That's why you double click the video and get directed to Youtube.

oh, okay. Now it's a lot better, my only complaint is the lack of videos for certain characters, like no Sakura vs Zangief, or Sakura mirror matches or no Viper against Sakura.
    oh, okay. Now it's a lot better, my only complaint is the lack of videos for certain characters, like no Sakura vs Zangief, or Sakura mirror matches or no Viper against Sakura.

Dont worry, there is plenty oh hentai of Sakura to fill the gap. :wink::rofl: